~Charles R. Swindell
Hello friends,
Sunday we went to the "Dog Beach" - and it is exactly that . . . a beach for dogs! We took Minnie with us and had a fabulous time. I thought it was hysterical to see so many dogs roaming around and swimming in the ocean. One dog was even on a jet ski with his owner . . . yes, this was the place for dog lovers!We weren't sure how Minnie would react but she did great . . . she is such a good dog. I don't know that she loved the ocean - but she couldn't stand being left on shore so she swam right in after us! I just had fun watching all the dogs run around the beach - it was too funny.
We had such a great day. I absolutely treasure days like that - just spending time with my family. A day filled with laughter and fun. And we ended it by watching the sunset - truly amazed by the beautiful way God ends a day.
Ending with a scripture . . .“Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem
as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven.”
John Lubbock
"Thank God! He deserves your thanks. His love never quits."
Psalm 136:1 The Message
Thanking God for a beautiful day,
**THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the wonderful messages yesterday. They were so great and totally made my day. I can't thank you enough for letting us know you are still here! Happy Tuesday everyone!



28 comments:
Omigosh. Living in PA means we are land bound folks and, therefore, have no real beaches. But we certainly have nothing as cool as a DOG BEACH! My Scottie uses the pond, which I painstakingly landscaped and maintain, as his own baby pool. And when the girls are in the real pool, Avery takes it upon himself to just launch right in. But he would love a dog beach. Love the pics and LOVE the new blog!
Love the new blog. I'll continue to follow your family and keep you in my prayers.
Awesome sight. I'm new to the blogging world but not to Amazing Jacob.
Congratulations on your new adventure. I'll be tagging right along with you. You have been such an inspiration and continue to be. Your family is incredible and your faith astounds me. Keep at it girlfriend. You inspire us all.
I am SO GLAD you will continue the pix-posting trend on this blog; I have always enjoyed all of the pix of your family! I love any large body of water so the ocean, in and of itself, is awesome. But the ocean WITH a dog beach??? LOVE IT! I just cannot believe how big the boys are getting...where does the time go?
I am so thrilled that you started your own blog about the every day!!! I love it!! I've been "lurking" at the caring bridge site and usually it ends with my husband and I stopping to pray for you and now on bringing Ali home!!! Love the pics... xo lyns
Heather I love the new page, I havent signed in awhile, but I always read your updates and look at all the pictures. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Carmen
Love the pictures....
Thanks for sharing!
Kristin
I am so glad that you started this blog. I have been going to Jacob's site daily to see your updates. You are such an inspirational woman.
I can't wait to read the news that you have gone to pick up your beautiful daughter. My husband and I adopted twin boys 3 months ago. It is such a stressful process but completely worth it. My prayers are with you and your family.
I want to go to Dog Beach!! Soco, our Golden Retriever, would be in complete doggie bliss!! :) She, of course, would never stray to far from "her boys".
I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!! The sunset was magical as usual. Lots of love, me
Love the BLOG! I am so glad you decided to do one and still continue Jacob's site as well. I love the dog beach! I remember reading about that in the book, "Marley and Me"...it is too funny! I wish we had something like that here in Plano, TX. We just have a dog park.
The pictures were great and what a beautiful sunset at the end of a wonderful day!
I'm here too..page looks great. I'll keep on reading! :)
Whoa! That great dane is huge!! I have never heard of a beach just for dogs! LOL!
Hello Faithful Frogger Family
This page is wonderful! I have followed Jacob's site for nearly a year and never commented however, this new page I decided to. The dog park looks great and lots of fun our dalmation would love it except he is afraid of water . . . I have and will continue to pray for your family and you walk through the journey of your grief. I lost my father two years ago to cancer and still today grieve so openly and honestly for him. I pray your family will soon have that baby girl home -- how lucky she will be. So all the way from the country side of Walla Walla, WA to your home in Florida I will be praying for you.
Hi! Just wanted to stop by and check on the most AMAZING family! Thank you for continuing to share stories about your family! As always, the pictures are wonderful! Have a lovely evening!
Smile :)
I Love the blog! I love reading your writings,pics, and all the sharing you do! Thank you for wanting to stay in touch with us all out here in "caringbridge/blog land!" Your family's AMAZING Strength has left imprints on my h eart! Thank You
I love the new blog and can't wait to continue to visit and see how everyone is doing, always remembering your family and Amazing Jacob. Thank you for sharing your journey.
The Dog Beach, what a great idea! It looks like a great time was had by ALL!
a dog beach- thats awesome! thanks for sharing your most amazing pictures!
Love from Long Island
<3erin
The Dog Beach is the coolest thing I think I've ever heard of!!!! We need one of those up here in NC.....I'm glad you had a great day with your family......I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know I'm jumping on the Faithful Froggers Bandwagon!!!!
-Dana
www.caringbridge.org/visit/bekkihunt
I followed Jacob's story for a long time and periodically check in on you! I wish you and your family all the best and you're always in my prayers.
Your family always does the most fun and amazing things together!! How fun for Minnie to have her special day at the beach with you!!!
The sunset is amazing!!
Sarah
Jumping over from Amazing Jacob's CaringBridge site. I've followed Jacob's story for several years now and find such inspiration in your journals. Your family is always in my prayers. I'm not sure if my Great Dane would be so daring as to go into the water. But, yes, they are gental giants. Have a wonderful summer.
I just prayed for you all and the adoption process on my walk tonight! How exciting to come home and read this! Can't wait to see pictures of her AT HOME with her FAMILY! Congratulations!
Love the new blog. My little beagle would love the DOG BEACH! He went to our beaches for the first time a couple of weeks ago and just dug holes in the sand the whole day! I wish I could know what dogs are thinking sometimes.
Congrats on the news about Allie's adoption!!! Can't wait to see the pics of you carrying her in your arms as you bring her HOME!
Heather, you are so very talented in so many ways, your Gifts from God are abundant! All of your pictures are wonderful...the sunset picture is Beautiful, another wonderful Gift from God!
Much Love,
Audra
Glad you Duckworths had a great day. I love the picture of the sunset, simply beautiful.
Zhohn Dupont
LA
I am so happy for all of you! What a truly wonderful family that Allie is coming home to. Thank You for sharing your life with us. You are all truly amazing.
Heather,
This web page is beautiful. Jacob's site will always have a special place in my heart also. Thank you for continueing to share with us.
I am thrilled to hear about baby Allie. She is adorable! When you live in Fishhawk it's only a matter of time before you run into people. I'm hoping I'll be able to see Allie and give her a little hug. I love babies, and since mine is 7, she's hardly a baby.
I'm so happy you and the boys are having so much fun this summer. I too, love summer days. I hate to see August, knowing my kiddos have to go back to school!
Prayers are always being said for the Duckworths. We love you.
Lisa Mize
Post a Comment