Friday, July 27, 2007

Memory Lane

Hello friends,

We are still cleaning here at our house. Today we tackled the playroom - which is always the worst. I have been dreading cleaning out the playroom all week! The boys have been a huge help and I love the time I get to spend with them while we clean. Each toy takes us on a trip down memory lane and we have had fun reminiscing. When cleaning the playroom we always dump the toys in the middle of the room - which they love. We have done this since they were little - so I took a little trip down memory lane myself and found the picture of them when they were about 13 months old and Kyle was 3 and we were cleaning the playroom. How things have changed in the past 6 years and I can't believe how much the boys have grown. Why is it that time speeds up when you become a mother??



But the one thing that NEVER changes is how much I love my boys - on earth and in Heaven!



Kyle is my pack rat - he doesn't want to get rid of anything - so he is sometimes a challenge. But he is a sentimental one and each toy holds a memory for him. He could tell me how old he was when he got it and where it came from and who gave it to him. In his eyes - each toy was special.

I also wanted to thank everyone so much for the baby advice! Trust me - I read each comment and looked up everything! New things I really thought were cool were the Ultimate Crib sheets and the Bumbo seat - didn't have those with the boys. And it seems as if everyone loves the Butt Paste. I can just see the boys having a field day with the name . . . might have to call it Bum Paste at my house!

Thanks so much for sharing in our excitement . . . Allie just has no idea how much she is loved and how so many people are anticipating her arrival! Please keep praying that we have no complications or delays. The next step is to get "PINK" which is a pink slip with the date of our Embassy Appointment to pick her up! Typically this takes about a month and then we travel 7-14 days from then. So we are all praying for a speedy PINK - but are thankful that we have this time to prepare for her arrival.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends! As for us - we will still be nesting! :) But isn't that a wonderful thing to have to do?

In case you missed it, I did update Jacob's Site today! Lots of info about upcoming events for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation and another great Jacob memory shared by Donnie.

Ending with a scripture . . .

"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever."
Psalm 16:11


Nesting with JOY,

23 comments:

Lauren said...

Get some Paddygrams to support the fight against childhoold Cancer!!! Go to this site to order some delicious treats...who can resist Candy for a Cause!!!!
http://www.paddygrams.com/index.php

Lauren said...

I love the pics! The boys are just adorable and I can't help but just sit and stare :) I am so glad you are enjoying your summer with them! Love to you all

Audra said...

I Love the picture of all 4 boys...and my how they have grown. I think Devin looks like Jacob and I can also see Jacob in Kyle's smile, heck I believe Jacob is in Brandon too, definately his spirit.
Thank you for sharing all that you do, I love your family and will always be here, through it ALL. Happy Nesting this weekend and I will be praying for PINK :)
Love you,
Audra

Anonymous said...

Hi! I always hop (hehe) on Jacob's Caringbridge site to see pictures before heading over here to check on the family. I love the smiling pictures and enjoyed Donnie's favorite memory. I continue to think about Allie and all of you. Have a wonderful weekend!

Smile :)

TheDorothyFamily said...

Hi Heather,
I have followed you for a long time on Jacob's site and now your family site. I have to update to share in your excitement over baby Allie. We too adopted from Guatemala in 1997. Eric just turned 11 and is the joy of our lives! I have to tell you something funny he did when we got to Guatemala. His Daddy was holding him and he kept "pinching" his skin. My husband has brown hair and mine is red and he had only been exposed to dark skinned, dark haired, dark eyed people so we were soooo different for him. Whenever he would see a dark haired person he would just crane his little neck to look at them! It will be fun to see how little Allie responds to 3 blonde haired boys! I can truly say "I know how you feel!" I'll be praying for you all :) Jan Dorothy

Leeann said...

Okay, Heather, you have to share more about this "clearing out" method. Once the toys are in the middle, do you then sort then into toss, donate and put back on the shelf or what? I am intrigued!

Thinking PINK,
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Love both sites! It's been a tough week and one where I needed to remember to FROG and smile - two things that are never hard to do when checking in on your family. So happy to see you getting close to the day where Allie will come home! I was just at a baby shower tonight for a friend at church - her first girl (two older brothers!) and the pink was non-stop and so much fun! It is so wonderful to hear the joy in your voice as you share the preparations being made for Allie! Blessings to all of you!

Sarah said...

Wow!! I am envious of the organization skills it takes to tackle the playroom each year! I think I have 10 years of toys stuffed into ours and the task to go through it has gotten so ominous, I just close the door - LOL!!

It was great talking to you tonight and I cannot wait to see you posting from your pickup trip in Guatemala! Allie is one lucky baby to have a family who is preparing so carefully and lovingly for her homecoming!!

Love and FROG!!

Sarah

S said...

Love the pictures! It looks like our house right now! We've been cleaning out and repainting the school room as well as switching rooms for the boys (they've decided they all want to share the big room downstairs). What a task! Micah is my pack-rat and with everything we find there's a new memory to tell. I finally just started taking things a little at a time and, if he still doesn't miss them a week later, they get tossed. So far it works but I'm probably contributing to him being a dysfunctional, pack-rat adult by not teaching him to throw it away on his own :)

I don't have any fantastic baby products to share but I do have a boy recommendation, the board game Totally Gross. It's a hit at our house and I'm guessing it would be popular one at yours as well!

The boys picked out presents for your crew and mailed them off a few days ago so you can expect it soon. Maybe you can send some nesting energy my way so I can finish cleaning my house ;)

My Life said...

Oh my gosh! Look at the playroom with all the toys! LOL I know it was fun getting the room all organized. Praying hard that you get the PINK slip soon! :)

JAMES, JESSICA, AND MATTHEW said...

I remember that! They loved having the toys where they could easily grab them. Such fun memories! I remember the ball pit. They loved to throw those balls everywhere! I have a suggestion on a stroller if you's like. We bought the Chicco Cortina and we have LOVED it. It was one of the top rated stroller systems in Consumer Reports. If Allie is anything like her cousin, she will outgrow the infant seat quickly, but the stroller holds them up to 50 lbs. Your mom said that she had some pictures of my summer with the boys. I don't have any! If you wouldn't mind, could you send me some when you get the chance? Thanks! We love you guys!

Stephanie said...

The Bumbo seat is amazing! I'm a nurse at a pediatric hospital and we could not live without that seat! It's GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like one of Kyle's love languages might be gifts! If you haven't read the Love Languages for Children it is a really good book. I'm glad you are enjoying the time together and thinking pink for you!

Rene in Wilmington, NC

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I am also a sentimental packrat and have two sons that are following in my footsteps! We actually need a bigger house to fit all of our stuff. :) I keep trying to pare down though! I admire you for being so thorough in your nesting phase! Allie will be home before you know it! I am so happy for her, to be welcomed into this loving family! Have a super weekend!
Love, Shaun and the boys

Crystal said...

HEATHER--I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU TO BE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOH MY GOODNESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tears of joy for you right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ooh Heather I am sooo happy for you!!!!!!! I love these pics!!! I love the nesting love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOH I jus tcan't tell you how happy I am for you!!!!!! I cannot wait to follow you bringing her home!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo happy for you!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs to you!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

love the new blog!!

Anonymous said...

I've been racking my brain about the what you can't live with out baby gear...with three toddlers of my own I have long list..but most already mentioned my favorites... so my top pick would be a pack and play...even if you have a regular crib these are awesome for travel, setting up in the living room as a play pen or for other places!!

Thanks for sharing all your memories of Jacob...and thank you for continuing to make your journey open to the whole world... you are an amazing family!!! xo lyns

Anonymous said...

Okay, Heather, I feel so much like a dork. Apparently when I "favorited" this site, I did the first journal entry. So every time I pull it up, that is what shows. I thought you weren't updating (which I would completely understand :). Then tonight on the side, I just happened to notice that there were other entries. So now I am caught up. Anyway, congratulations! The baby shopping is SO much fun. I was right where you are last year with the organizing when we were waiting for our daughter Maria. (And hopefully soon we will be doing it for our little boy in Guatemala.) You are going to have a wonderful family time in Guat. We were just there this past weekend for a visit (without kids this time)...it is a beautiful place. Of course, the most beautiful sight will be in your arms...
Reba

The Travelers Journal said...

I haven't left a message in ages! I acidently erased all my chemopatients I follow with one click. I am so happy I found Jacob's site again and this new one! I am so glad to be checking on you all again!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I know it is probably so silly of me but I keep checking your blog three/four times a day hoping to see a date set for the home coming of Allie :)

Carmen said...

Heather that is such a sweet picture of the boys, I always pile all the toys up in the middle of the floor. That's the only way to clean up a toy room and the kids love to go through them.Praying for Allie to be in the arms of her loving family soon.
Carmen

Anonymous said...

Missing Jacob more than usual today! I hope that you are having a great weekend, I know you are up to something fun!

Melissa said...

Wonderful pictures!! I'm glad to know I don't have the only sentimental little boy...mine is 9 and can also tell you how old he was when he got the toy, what the "plush" (as he calls them) toy's name is and why it's special, and each special memory for all the other toys he doesn't want to part with! I have only one child, but the toy collection looks as if we have a few more!
Thanks so much for sharing your family...including sweet Allie! As an adopted child myself, I've always loved hearing my family talk about the joy and anticipation of my homecoming. And I, of course, have had the lifetime of love that followed! Many prayers are coming your way for Allie's wonderful homecoming and all the love coming her way!