Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Overwhelmed with JOY!


ALLIE IS OUT OF PGN!

Which means that . . .

ALLIE IS COMING HOME!


This means that Allie is officially ours and we can plan to pick her up from Guatemala in 4-6 weeks. So this means we have a daughter!! And we can't wait to meet her, hold her and love her forever!

Thank you all so much for praying with us. I can't even begin to explain how excited, overwhelmed and incredibly blessed we feel. We are overflowing with JOY! God has been so faithful throughout this whole process. Please join us in thanking Him tonight! We are so humbled by His blessings.

We are so very excited. I have been crying tears of PURE JOY all night . . . doubt I will be able to sleep! :) And the boys are bouncing off the walls with excitement. In fact - here's a picture of them when we told them Allie was coming home . . .


Can you tell there is some major celebrating at our house tonight??


I have so much more to share - so I will update again soon. But I just couldn't wait to share the news - we are bursting with excitement and thankfulness. No doubt one amazing angel was watching over all of us during this process!

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"
2 Corinthians 9:15

"Children are a blessing and a gift from the LORD."
Psalm 127:3

REJOICING & Giving God all the glory,




100 comments:

Sarah said...

WOOHOOO!!! I am just so excited for your family!! Allie is coming home!!!! I just knew it would happen this week!!

I hope you are seeing a speedy PINK and have Allie in your arms forever very soon!!

Love and FROG!!

Sarah & Sophie~Bug

ALISON in COLORADO said...

Wow! How wonderful that Allie is finally coming home. Now counting the minutes until you hold your little girl. Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHHA! Good for you!! Congrats!!!

Audra said...

Congratulations! I am so very excited for you. I too am crying tears of Joy! Thank you God for the many Blessings! I agree with you, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that there was an Amazing Angel doing some mighty work for God on your behalf. Thank you Jacob.
Yipee! Hoorah! Can't wait to see the pictures of her in your family's arms.

Audra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen said...

congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!

AmazingGraceTX said...

Such awesome news!! I'm so very happy for you.
God bless your family!!
Loriann

Ro, Ro, sa, ta, and so said...

Delurking to tell you how very excited I am for your family! I have been following Amazing Jacob's Caring Bridge site for years and have cried many tears right along with you. I am soooooo happy that your family is growing with the addition of beautiful Allie! Tonight I shed happy tears with you! We also have added to our family through international adoption (China) and know how truly special it is. Jacob is surely looking down with a big smile tonight!

Thank you (& especially Amazing Jacob) for teaching me to FROG!

Rochelle

http://husshappenings.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am soooo happy for all of you!!! There is no doubt that this process has gone so smoothly thanks to GOD and one very PROUD ANGEL, JACOB. I am sure he is jumping from cloud to cloud doing his favorite "bootie dance" and celebrating with all of you tonight!
How blessed Allie will be in your loving family and it couldn't happen to a more deserving one!

I hope I can wait that long to see the pictures of this homecoming!

Love and FROG,
Kelly May

Jeannine said...

Congratulations....I was brought to tears when I saw Allie was coming home!! She is so beautiful!! Jacob is an amazing angel...he made sure things ran smoothly. Looking forward to seeing pictures of all of you together.

michele(nurse in ny) said...

I am so happy for all of you... Allie is so blessed to be a part of your family...

Mixed Up Me said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful, fantastic news!! Amazing Jacob working his miracles for his family. Looking forward to watching Allie grow up with her brothers!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Duckworth Family!!!!
We are so happy for you guys. Yes, I truly believed that Amazing Jacob helped GOD handpicked his little sister to join your "amazing" family. How fun for you now to have another girl in a household of boys.
Best Wishes for safe travel in the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! This is fantastic news and we are over-the-moon for you. Allie is so blessed to have you as a family.

With much love,
Cloe & family

Anonymous said...

Amazing news, for an amazing family! Glad to see that one amazing little angel is carrying Allie with hope until she is home where she belongs! Missing Jacob always! WIshing you all the very best and an abundance of comfort and peace!
Cine ;o)
http://web.ncf.ca/fe522

Carmen said...

I am so happy for you, I can't wait to see the pictures when you finally get to hold her in your arms. She is so beautiful. I can see the boys can't wait to see their baby sister and they will be the best big brothers a little girl could ever ask for, she is so lucky to be a part of your sweet loving family.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is wonderful news!! I know Jacob was a part of this process, no doubt in my mind! I am so very happy & excited for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Duckworths,Extended Family..WOOOHOOO!!! Chills ran through my whole body when I read your update. I am happy beyond words for your sweet family. I pray these couple of weeks pass quickly. Cant wait to see pics of Allie in the arms of her family..with Amazing Jacob signs, showing as always that he is close and sharing in the joy..God Bless you all. Karen..In Pa.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! We could not be happier for all of you! Allie is one blessed little girl! I got chills all over when I read the e-mail! Then with happy tears checked the sites.

OK, now for a speedy Pink arrival. Bring that baby home!

Our love to all of you and FROG!!

Shaun, Austin, and Dominic Rogers

♥Kelly♥ said...

PTL!! Congratulations, I can't wait to see pictures of the boys meeting Allie. How sweet and precious will that be!?!

S said...

Congratulations!!!!! We are SO happy for you guys!

Sarah and all the boys

Sue said...

God is faithful I join you in thanking him for this tremendous blessing not only for you and your family but for Allie. What a life changing event fo her; a gift of unmeasurable amount you have given to her. Prayers of thanksgiving from Walla Walla to your home.

Anonymous said...

YIPPEEEEEE!!!! Wow Heather I can't tell you how happy I am for all of you. I know you must be sooooo excited. What a blessing for all of you but mostly for Allie to be welcomed into such a loving family. PRAISE GOD for this wonderful blessing! Can't wait to hear that she's safely in your arms.

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo excited for you! Your family deserves all the best that life has to offer!! Sharing tears of joy with you and your family...

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't be happier for you guys and Allie couldn't have gotten a better family to come home to. I can't wait to see pictures once she's HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hitting my knees in thanksgiving for you as soon as I finish typing this! :) God is so good!!!

I'm so excited about this news you'd think I'M the one going to pick up my new daughter!!!!! A special angel is surely watching over your brood!!! HAPPY PREPARATIONS!!

Counting the minutes along with you ...

Kathy in Texas
A Faithful Frogger & Jacob Fan!

Ness said...

So thrilled that Allie is coming home! I think Jacob and Jake Raborn have been working overtime in Heaven getting Allie's paperwork through the system and sending Jake's Aunt Mo and Uncle Todd a beautiful baby girl.

God is faithful and no one has been more faithful to God than the Duckworth family. May the next picture we see of Allie be with her mom, dad and brothers.

Anonymous said...

Heather and family! I am so very excited for you all! I am the most excited for Allie. What a joy to know that another child will be raised to love, obey and honor our Savior! You are making an eternal impact in how you raise all of your children!

And...yes, I'm still here. I checked the blog out a few days ago and will be checking in on you all as always! Remember to keep me posted on events in Atlanta.

Mel

Layne said...

WOW!!!!!!!!Congratulations!!!!!!!!Finally!!!!!!!!What a very blessed and lucky little girl that Allie is!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon said...

I am so happy for your family! It's obvious from all the posts that Allie will be a much loved little girl!

Sharon

Carolein said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YAY DUCKWORTH FAMILY!!!!! What a relief!!!! Can't wait for you guys to get her home!!!! Such great news!!!! Allie Duckworth.......the name fits!!!!

FROG-ing,

Carolein and Family

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Duckworth family!! I'm sure you all can not wait to have a little girl in the house. Oh it will be lots of fun! And she will have the best big brothers!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is such wonderful news. I have been keeping up with your family thru Jacobs website and have been praying that all goes smoothly. You truly are an amazing family! I am so happy for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I have followed Jacob's story for a few years now and feel like I have come to know your family. I am excited to see your blog and to hear the news about Allie. I have cried many tears with you and prayed many prayers for you and your family. I can't wait to hear more about all God is doing in your lives.

Love,
Candace
www.homeschoolblogger.com/CandaceC

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

I sit in tears as I read this post, and see the pictures of your boys. There is no doubt that Allie the most amazing angel watching over her during this process. I pray that you are blessed with pretty PINK real soon!
God Bless~
Julie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Keep busy so the weeks just fly by!!

Kristina
Brookville, Ohio

Anonymous said...

The hair on my arms stood up when I read your new post. The overwhelming joy that you must be experiencing today. I just prayed yesterday that you would hear something soon. The time it takes to adopt, when the child could be in your arms is crazy. I am so happy for you. I wish I could come over and jump around with the boys too. I have been following Jacobs site for two years now and I have come to know your whole family. Please keep my daughter in your prayers her website is: www.caringbridge.org mackensiegracecarter

Hugs and kisses to everyone. The Carter's from Rincon, Ga.

Anonymous said...

The hair on my arms stood up when I read your new post. The overwhelming joy that you must be experiencing today. I just prayed yesterday that you would hear something soon. The time it takes to adopt, when the child could be in your arms is crazy. I am so happy for you. I wish I could come over and jump around with the boys too. I have been following Jacobs site for two years now and I have come to know your whole family. Please keep my daughter in your prayers her website is: www.caringbridge.org mackensiegracecarter

Hugs and kisses to everyone.

Anonymous said...

That is soooo exciting..I just knew it wouldn't take long... You deserve all the happyness... Enjoy her... still here and frogging daily..

Juile

Anonymous said...

Praise God for answered prayers!!! We are celebrating with you and can't wait to "meet" Allie!!!

We also know Amazing Jacob is celebrating with you from Heaven!

Your boys will be wonderful and doting big brothers. What an incredible blessing for your entire family!!!

Sending our biggest hugs and smiles from CA!
Jenn B. and family

Anonymous said...

Sharing your tears of joy!!! Will be praying for Allie's homecoming.

Alice said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift for an amazing family! Celebrating with you...

SuperSuz said...

Oh my! I saw this and my eyes started tearing up! I rarely post anything but this is cause for delurking and celebration! Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful blessing of Allie and the wonderful, amazing Duckworth family. Thank you, Angel Jacob, for being there every step of the way! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Amanda said...

Hi there!
I don't think I have ever written in here before, but I got your CB site from another CB site and have been following your journey faithfully (though I have never met you). I must say your new blog site is BEAUTIFUL (just like you and all your boys)! I am sooooooo happy to read the post today and see that you are going to have the daughter you've always wanted! I have goose bumps, I am that excited for you!!!! May God continue to Bless You and your family!!!!!!!! Take care!
Amanda in Colorado!

Anonymous said...

Heather and family,
This is the best news ever!!!! I hope the time speeds by quickly and she is here in your arms soon!! God has blessed you all with such a sweet baby girl and I am sure that Jacob helped HIM out...Can't wait to hear all the details...God bless you all, Jana Duresky

Anonymous said...

First I want to say I came over from Jacob's site. I am so happy you are allowing us to continue to follow your family. I just love to hear all about you and your beautiful family.
Second, I am so THRILLED Allie is coming HOME!!!!!!! That is so wonderful. She is going to have a forever family to love her and watch her grow.
She is so lucky to be coming into the Duckworth family. You guys have so much love to give.

I am sure a blue eyed Angel is dancing his little booty up in Heaven and smiling down at you all.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Heather and family! I am so excited to hear about Allie! What a joy! You and Donnie are such amazing parents and it is comforting to know that there will be another child raised to love, obey and honor our Savior! What a legacy you are creating! Blessing to you all!!

I am still here. I started checking the blog a few days ago. Keep me posted on events that find their way to Atlanta!

Mel

Tracy said...

I have been following the caringbridge site for about 2 years and just wanted to come out of the woodwork to say 2 things. I love the new site, and totally understand why you wanted to open it. I will still check the old one though. And secondly, I cant tell you how absolutely thrilled I am that Allie is coming home. That is the most amazingf news I have had all week.
Tracy

Anonymous said...

OMG... so exciting. I have been following Jacob's site when we were in NC for the last couple years. We just recently moved to Tampa, Florida and I was catching back up on your site.

This is so awesome. Keep us posted and CONGRATS on your new baby girl.

Anonymous said...

Heather,

Congratulations!!

Allie is coming home to a wonderful family!

God is so faithful,
Sara S.

Carolein said...

Hi again Duckworth Family!

Left 2 parts out that I meant to write before.....

1. I am so glad you have this blogging site. I will continue to be a faithful reader of both.

2. There is NO way anybody can say that Jacob didn't have his hand in the quickness of the process. Jacob must have definitely had his hand in this one! I bet the boys are still going crazy today with excitement that their little sister will be on her way home soon.

Much luck and love to all of you,

Carolein

Terese Hall said...

I was thrilled to read your news about Allie. You have a gift in your writings. I don't know you at all but you have helped me immensely through some tough days. Thank you for sharing your family with us.

kim-d said...

This little girl is FINALLY coming home to her family, and I am just in awe of how much she is already and will be loved! This is the type of win-win situation where it's hard to figure out just exactly who is more blessed! :) I just couldn't be happier--for you, Heather and Donnie, Kyle, Brandon, Jacob and Devin--and also for Allie!

Anonymous said...

I am overjoyed for you!! God has truly blessed you all. I pray for safe travels for the whole family await the joyous homecoming of you beautiful little girl!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting! We will be praying for her safe travel home and your safe travel there.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

YYEAAHHH!! GREAT NEWS!!! Thank you, Jesus!!

Can't wait to see bookoodles of pictures!!!

Nanc said...

Congratulations to you and your family Heather. May God Bless you and hold you close as you travel and meet your brand new baby girl. Blessings to all of you from Nebraska.

Anonymous said...

I am crying tears of joy over the news of Allie's homecoming! I cannot wait for her to finally be in the Duckworth household which is so filled with love and happiness. God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

YIPPPPEEEE!!! I can't wait to see all the pics when you can finally pick her up and bring her home! She is such a blessed little girl already to have you guys as her forever family. I am so happy for all of you!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news!!Finally, a little splash of pink in the Duckworth family! I can't wait to see pictures from the big ''gothca day''.
Congrats and many blessings.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an exciting surprise! I am so happy for you and your whole family. That is wonderful news! Congratulations Duckworths!

Melissa said...

I am so happy for you all. Your Angel was totally watching and helping you in this process I am sure.
Lots of love.

Melissa

Melissa said...

YEAHHHHH!!! I am so happy for you all! Congratulations.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo excited for you that you made it throught PGN without any major delays or troubles. The Guatemalan adoption process isn't always as quick as it used to be. You deserved a "break" more than anyone, and I'm thrilled that Allie will be home soon!!
Will you all be going to get her?
Keep us posted.
:) Megan

Goodies for Mom said...

Allie is such a lucky girl to become part of such a wonderful family.

Lois

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys

Anonymous said...

So very excited about Allie coming home!! Prayers for a safe trip and homecoming!

Katie said...

Allie is beautiful - -congrats !!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys and have already praised GOD for the amazing things hHe has done for yall and THROUGH yall! Okay I just realized my TEXAS is showing!! Love all of you guys and am so happy for yall!

Love
Victoria Smith
(Braydon Smith's mom)

www.braydonsmith.com

Anonymous said...

What AWESOME news,finally you got the words that you all have been waiting for! Praise God for his wonderful blessing! I have not posted to Jacob's site in a while, but I still visit everyday. God Bless you and your family, and we can't wait to see the pictures of Allie safe in your arms.
Hugs and faithful Frogger! Congrats!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
GOD HAS BLESSED ALLIE WITH SUCH A CHRISTIAN FAMILY.



JUDY/MINDEN, LA.

Anonymous said...

"We went through fire and through water,Yet You brought us out into a place of abundance." PS 66:-12

To my dearest Heather,

Where do I begin? First off, I just LOVE your blog! I'm so happy for you. Another place you can use your "gift" and bless so many more lives! This is so exciting...

CONGRATULATIONS on baby Allie!!! God has truly heard the cry and prayers of so many, and this is such an answered prayer!

He is so good, and we are all so GLAD. I can hardly wait to see Allie in your loving arms!

I'm celebrating with you over here in Louisiana, and counting the day, hours, till you are all together!

Keep praising His name!

Your friend,

Susan

Kimmy said...

Can you say PINK, PIG-TAILS, and POLISH ??? I am so excited for all of you !!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you and Allie!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! WOO HOO and Thank you Jesus. Rejoicing with you over the amazing news!

the Widmers - Wisconsin

Anonymous said...

Heather, Donnie and boys
I am so happy for you guys that Allie will be coming home soon. God is so amazing!
Praying for you all and that you will get that pink so you can go and pick Allie up possibly earlier.

Amy S. said...

"You are now very sad. But later I will see you, and you will be so happy that no one will be able to change the way you feel."
John 16:22

Wow! I remember these words spoken just 13 short months ago. We would have never thought..... What an awesome God!!!
Congratualtions! We are truly so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Heather I'm thrilled for all of you (all 6 of you!) to know that you'll soon have that beautiful treasured little girl in your arms. We adopted domestically almost 4 years ago, and I'll never forget the feeling of knowing God had brought my daughter and our family together in His Divine Plan.

I want to share an adoption song with you that you'll love. Check out the website at:
http://www.adoptionsong.com

I've been blessed by the journey you've walked these last several years...and I love and miss a little blond boy I've not met yet! I appreciate how the Lord has shone through you, a broken vessel, and how others have found hope because of your availability to Him.

So it sounds as though just when your house would have been empty because the boys go back to school, you'll be busy bonding with Allie! I'm so happy for all of you! (And does Donnie even realize how much she's gonna wrap him around her little finger?) :-)

Sincere congratulations!

Gail Brubaker in CA.

Angel said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME! :0) Angel

Angel said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog and letting me know who you are. What a precious and amazing family you are. I have tears literally streaming down my face. What deep joy and sorrow you have been through. All of your children are just beautiful. OK I just had to leave the computer and go blow my nose. That's how messed up I am right now. I am touched by your faithfulness and courage. When it's not 2am I will be back to catch up on more of your story. Hugs to you! Angel

Bethany said...

Congratulations!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of Allie in your arms!

Bethany

Anonymous said...

We are so very happy for all of you and I'm so excited to see pictures of Allie with her big brothers.

Congratulations and start buying pink (and purple and all the other cute girl colors/stuff!)

Kim Magnan

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! That is the best news I've read in a long time!! Congrats on your beautiful daughter!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! Prayers for you all and Allie as you prepare to bring her HOME.

Amy said...

I have goosebumps AND tears! I'm so happy for all of you and I'll be Jacob is doing a big ole happy dance in heaven too!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Amy
www.caringbridge.org/visit/gerryheidt

Beverly said...

This is wonderful news!

I'm sure this little girl will be a blessing to your family, just as you will be a blessing to her!

Congrats!

MaryH said...

Love the new blog! I visit your site often and always find such joy in your stories, pictures and your honest, hopeful approach on life. I am glad you have made great plans to continue all of this. Well, from a "stranger" who came to know an Amazing Jacob and who is FROGging everyday because of that blue-eyed boy, thank you and God bless - especially that lucky beautiful little girl who is soon to be home with you.

Kristina said...

YAY! Im so thrilled to hear you have a new bundle of joy! Cant wait to see a FAMILY PIC!

Mama Bear said...

What wonderful news! We have been praying for a speedy processing of her paperwork so she can join her family as soon as possible. God bless you all. We can't wait to hear she is in your arms!

carol owens said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see pics of the boys holding their new sister.


Hugs
Carol

Anonymous said...

I am rejoicing with you and your family! What a huge blessing! Can't wait for her to be in your arms and see all the pictures. Congrats to you all!

Can't wait to welcome Baby Allie! Your one blessed little girl!!

Sabrena(long time Jacob follower in Washington State!)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the wonderful news! Love the new blog,but I will still continue to check the Caringbridge site also! Blessings on all of you-and don't you just know that one very AMAZING big brother had a hand in the speedy process for Allie?
Crying HAPPY TEARS for all of you today!

Linda Gentry

Kate said...

YIPPEE!!! We are praising God with you! Hurry HOme Allie!!! Love~ Kate and family

JuJu - said...

WOW - Prasie The Lord:):)

God is amazing - that is the quickest out I have heard of for a LONG time:):)

Your are so blessed:):)

Congratulations:)

JUlia:)

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yippeeeee! I'm so exciting Allie is finally coming home. We'll of course continue to pray her home....and for safety and protection for everyone in your family!!!

-Dana
www.caringbridge.org/visit/bekkihunt

Dena said...

Wonderful for your family! We returned home in March with our daughter from China. She has been the biggest blessing and joy and surprise, and I am thrilled for your family. God used her adoption to change us in so many wonderul ways.
Dena
www.roomforgrace.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD! How exciting for your family. Thank you for sharing your joys with us. What an amazing family Allie will be a part of.

God Bless you!

Jenn VH said...

What a WONDERFUL surprise to log onto your web page and see the news about Allie!! I have tears of joy streaming down my face for you!! You are definately going to LOVE having a little girl--I have a daughter and a son, plus #3 on the way(Allison is the name we've picked if it's a girl! :) ). It sure is a blessing to me to see your family being blessed in this way.
Love and FROGging for Allie's arrival and adjustment,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

You take such wonderful pictures of your sons, I can't wait to see the ones of your daughter! Congratulations!

Laurie www.caringbridge.com/visit/tim