"Writing can be a creative and invigorating way
to make our lives available to ourselves . . .
We may discover that the better we tell our stories,
the better we will want to live them."
~Henri Nouwen
Hello friends,
I am excited to finally have this blog up and running. A big thanks to my mom for designing the header . . . I just love it!
It will take a while for me to get used to this blog - after doing Jacob's Caringbridge site for so long. Writing has truly helped to heal my heart over the past couple of years and I am so thankful to all of you who have shared our journey. But I am looking forward to having this new space to share my ramblings and the everyday happenings in our life. And I'm so glad you've moved with us as we join the blogging world!
Ending with a scripture . . .
I am excited to finally have this blog up and running. A big thanks to my mom for designing the header . . . I just love it!
It will take a while for me to get used to this blog - after doing Jacob's Caringbridge site for so long. Writing has truly helped to heal my heart over the past couple of years and I am so thankful to all of you who have shared our journey. But I am looking forward to having this new space to share my ramblings and the everyday happenings in our life. And I'm so glad you've moved with us as we join the blogging world!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do IPhilippians 3:13-14 The Message
count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where
God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning
back."

**(Anyone know how to get rid of the box around the graphics??? :) Yes, it will take me a while to get used to this blog thing!)



60 comments:
Looks great! I am excited for you! I know nothing about how to do this, but I will learn. :)
Hello to one of my favorite families!
Shaun Rogers
Jumping over from Jacob's site . . . glad to be a part of your new site as well! It looks great! You know how to do much more than I do on this blogging thing . . . I can only use the templates they offer. I have no idea how to do the fancy stuff like headers :) Best of luck to you on this new journey!
Have a fantastic day!
i luv the new site heather..... cant wait 2 read more
Dear Heather, I look forward to reading both sites, you are such an ispiration to me and many more.. Thank you for continuing to share your everyday life with us.
I, too, am so excited with your new blog, Heather! I also still check Jacob's CB site everyday, although it's been a very long time since I signed the guestbook. You have been such a great help to me in dealing with grief, and I always love the scriptures, quotations, and especially your writing style.
Welcome to blogspot!
With you all the way...wouldn't let you Move on without me :)
Keeping Jacob in my heart forever, don't ever worry about him being forgotten. He Lives on!
Love to you Duckworth Family, I am excited about this new adventure for you, and us out here :)
Audra Deffenbaugh
I am so excited for you that you got this set up and can't wait to see what all it has in store! You can also make Allie her own site at babababies.com if you are interested! Love to you all!!
I am so excited for you that you got this set up and can't wait to see what all it has in store! You can also make Allie her own site at babababies.com if you are interested! Love to you all!!
Heather, I found Jacob's caringbridge site last year thru another child's site. I have never signed the guessbook, sorry. I am writing to tell you what a source of comfort you and your family have been to me. Our friends just lost their 3 year 5 month and 7day old daughter June 6 to a chromosone, spelling, problem she had. We knew before she was born she would be special. She outlived what the doctors said she would. It has been a blessing to me to see how you have dealt with losing Jacob. I hope to help my 3 sons with the loss of this special little girl. Thank you. Please hug you boys for me.
This site is great. I am so proud of and for you. You are an inspiration to me daily when we have such hard days. Thank you for sharing your family with so many, and touching all of our lives. I look forward to the future with Allie.
Keep on froggin...
Cindy Clendenin, Eatonton, GA
I don't believe I have ever signed your guestbook, but followed Jacobs site for a couple of years and prayed for you daily. I Love your writings and gain insite from the scriptures each time. I will continue to follow your blog over here now. Congratulations on getting it going. Wendy
Hi Heather!!
Love the new site!!! There is another blog I follow by "Pioneer Woman" and she's a whiz at graphics, photos, headers, etc. You may be able to get an answer to your question from her as she does have a contact address. Her site is www.thepioneerwoman.com. She seems to know a LOT about doing blogging.
Good luck with this new site. I will still visit Jacob's site every day!!!
Welcome to Bloggityville! You will never know how much inspiration you have been to me. Your family is always in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to read more...
Yippee! Welcome to blogspot! I am excited to have one more place to visit one of my favorite families!! I love your header, your mom did such a great job!!!
Praying and FROGging right along with you!!!!
Sarah and Sophie~Bug
Thank you for continuing to share from your heart. Lisa, mom to Nic
www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicboatwright
Hi Heather, Thank you for continuing to share from your heart. I always check on you guys every week and look forward to your updates. Lisa Boatwright
www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicboatwright
I have been following Jacob's site for almost 2 years now...Iam excited about your new blog site...You are such an inspiration to me!!
Heather, thanks for posting on my sight! You will be out of PGN soon!! It breaks my heart to read what you've gone through. Your family is beautiful! God bless you over and over!
Jami
Heather~
You have been an incredible inspiration to me as I've watched all your family has endured through Jacob's illness. I've been a faithful reader for about two years. I was blessed to "know" Jacob, and continue to feel blessed to watch the boys grow. I'm so excited for your family as each day you get one day closer to holding Allie in your arms!
I'm so thrilled that you've chosen to start a blog for your everyday happenings! I maintain a family website as well, and I just love it!
Just wanted you to know that you're thought of quite often! We check in on your family daily, and always enjoy your updates and slide shows! We can't wait to "meet" Allie, and anxiously await for her arrival right along with you!!
Take care and keep on FROGGING!!
Thank you for continuing to share your faith, your family, and your wonderful writing style!!
Much love from Wisconsin,
Kristin
www.babyhomepages.net/schauers
I've followed Jacob's site for a long time, and am now so glad to see your new blog....of course, I added it to my favorites list for blogs, and will be faithfully checking it. Your faith through all that you've been through is an inspiration to me, in my walk, and I'm thankful for it. God bless!
The header is perfect (I think your mother needs to give me some tips - I seem to be blog impaired!)!
Heather - the site looks great and I'm excited that you are continuing to keep us updated on your lives! I have checked Jacob's site daily probably since the 2nd post you ever made - I cannot even begin to describe how amazing and inspirational Jacob and your family have been - I have been blessed by being able to follow Jacob's journey over the years - thank you!
I'm excited to hear about life with the boys and the adoption progress! Prayers for Allie to come home soon!! :)
Sarah
This is just such a wonderful new blog. It looks awesome!!! God bless all of you- thinking of all of you!
Your new site looks wonderful! I'm looking forward to keeping up with the Duckworths on your new site. Your family has been in my life and in my heart for almost three years.
Sending love and hugs to all of you.
Liz Unger, Arnold, Md.
What an awesome spot! Have been reading about Jacob for a couple years, and your family has touched my heart. Praying for the arrival of Allie, and health and happiness for you and your family! God Bless you and keep FROGging!!!!
Heather, this is going to be fun! How will you keep up reading the entries here and on Jacob's site, lol.
Hope Allie's adoption continues to move along without a hitch. Continue to enjoy the Summer.
Heather,I love the new site and the name so fits!!.:). I will continue to read both this one and Amazing Jacobs CB page. Best of luck on your new blog journey. Hope your summer continues to go great with Allie joining you soon.Karen..In Pa.
Joining you from Jacob's site!!You have such a grace in your writing that I simply love!! Can't wait for the exciting updates!
So glad to see you've got your blog up and running! It will be great to see more frequent updates from you. After so much time following Jacob's website, you feel like part of our family. I will be checking in daily, as always, and will continue to follow Jacob's site.
~Sarah R.
I'm so happy you are letting us continue to follow you and your awesome family! I look forward to reading the new blog!!
Welcome to the blogging world! I wish I could give you some tips, but I haven't had a chance to figure it all out yet either. Someday...
The boys are all doing well and keeping us busy :) We're praying for Allie to get home soon!
Sarah
Came over from Jacob's site. I will continue to check on both sites. Thank you for letting us into your lives. You are truly an inspiration.
Michelle, Nebraska
Love the new site Heather. It looks great! You continue to amaze me with your beautiful words about your family. Can't wait to keep updated with the site. Praying for your family, and praying Allie will be coming home soon.
Heather--hello! I am a first time commenter--after you commented on my blog I read your story about Jacob and I cried and cried--I stand in awe of your strength, courage, grace, faithfullness.-- You are amazing absolutely amazing!!! Your boys are soo so sooo precious and little Allie is such a dollbaby!!!! OOh I just want to squeeze her!!! If you don't mind I am going to add you to my favorites!!! I cannot wait to follow your family on your journey!!!!!!!! Thank you for commenting on my blog I am sooo glad I "met" you!!!!!!!! hugs to you!!!!!!!
This is the first time I've commented, but I've been reading Jacob's blog for about a year and a half now. He is so special. I have been so touched by him, and you have written so beautifully about his life and your family's journey. I hope that Allie will be with you soon; I feel sure that she will. Thank you for sharing.
Heather..So glad to see the blog up and running. How fun! What a nice surprise. WE are looking forward to keeping updated.
Love and Hugs to all...
Heather and family,
Hello! I think your idea of starting the Faithful Froggers blog is a terrific Idea! I totally understand your reason for it. I love the new blog and will continue to follow this and Jacob's site. Thanks for continuing to write and reminding us all what is important in life! Thanks for being you!
Michele R. in Lincoln, Nebraska
Heather, I'm excited about your new blog. Like everyone else, I'm so inspired by your family. I'm sure you have no idea how many people you've helped...I'll still check Jacobs site every day, looking at his face always makes me smile. Ellen, m/o www.caringbridge.org/mi/sammijean and www.caringbridge.org/visit/alecrc
I love the new site...and its name. How very appropriate! I will be checking in regularly. I hope you get the word "OUT" very soon (as in OUT of PGN)...it is a special day. We are celebrating one day out tomorrow for our little one...
Oops...I should have said celebrating one year out tomorrow, not day. Anyway, hope you get good news soon!
I'm excited about the new blog. It looks great! The scripture you shared is just perfect, Heather.
FROGing-
Great site! just wanted to pop over and say hi
michele(nurse in ny)
Heather,
Thank you for the invitation to continue the journey. You inspire me so. I still follow your Amazing Jacob's site and look forward to spending more time with your family on the new Blog site.
Always Believing and Always FROGging...
God Bless
Dede Taylor
Habitat for HOPE Prayer Partner
www.habitatforhope.org
Wow... I think you've had your blogspot up for like one day and I see almost 3000 hits. You and your family are a blessing to SO many. I think I've followed the Duckworth journey for about 2 1/2 years. Thank you for sharing your heart, faith and family with us. God bless!
Lisa D., Sunland CA
The new blog looks great! Can't wait to hear more about you and the boys. I will, of course, continue to follow Jacob's site as I have. I love reading your writing and hearing about your family.
Hi there, Heather, If you want to get rid of the border around your gif, what you need to do is tpe border=0 in the code immeidately after gif". That should do it. I love your blog. I'm looking forward to reading it and keeping up with your family.
God bless,
Loriann
So glad you are going to continue I just love reading about your family you all seem to have so much fun. We have one 3 yr old boy Trevor and I get tired from his running around, I guess you probally just get used to it, we also have a 5 year girl Alisyn, but she is so much more relaxed than the boy. You probally will see that in the future when Allie gets home. Have a good rest of the summer
visiting from Jacobs site! LOOKS wonderful.....faithful follower for a few years and will continue....thank you for sharing your family with all of us.....
Dottie Williams
Davie, FL
Dear Heather, Don, Kyle, Brandon and Devin,
Congratulations on your new site! I have been following Jacob's site for over 2 years now and Jacob truly touched my heart. Your whole family is very inspiring and you gave me and continue to give me strength during difficult times through my own son’s cancer treatment. I often pray to Amazing Jacob and I always feel better.
Heather – you are a gifted writer and I have learned so much through your journals.
I wish you all the happiness in the world and look forward to following your lovely family’s new site.
Kindly,
A bit late, but still wanted to welcome you to the blogosphere. I'd read your writing even if it was mixed up on a bunch of different scanned in post its. :) It's wonderful to hear more about the day to day excitement of the Duckworths. Jacob is so proud of you in heaven~! He will continue to guide you down the path we call life.
Praying for Allie's fast homecoming. I simply will not be pleased until I see her sweet face smiling amongst those gorgeous boys.
I love the new blog! I have followed Jacob's site for years and still check it often! I can't wait to follow along with your blog :)
Is there anything you, or your mom can't do, Heather ?! Of course we love the blog and certainly we followed you and the boys and Allie and Donnie and Minnie and the grandparents and the cousins and the frogs and all . . . it's become a part of us - besides, we have to bring Allie home and watch you all with a GIRL baby ! I figure you already have her Halloween costume hanging in her closet !
Count me in, I certainly followed Jacob and his Amazing Family every day.
Sandy in Atlanta
The site looks wonderful. It looks like the perfect way to make the move from caringbridge. Thanks for inviting us along. <3
Tammy from Fort Worth, Hi Heather, your new blog looks great! I've been following Jacob's site now for over 2 yrs. I just love your family, and your beautiful writting! I'm so excited for you all, bringing Allie home soon, what a joyus day that will be! I can't wait to see the picture of her sitting in your lap, and that endless smile of yours!
I love your new site as well as Jacob's site. I am so so HAPPY for you and your family to be finishing up the final stage of getting your new baby girl!!! She is so lucky and what a wonderful feeling to know that Amazing Jacob "Hand Picked" the one baby that he knows will be a "PERFECT FIT" into his very special family!!! Thank you for sharing your life and family, your such a Godly example to me.
Mona from Dallas,Tx
Congrats on the new site! I have followed Jacob for a couple of years now and continue to check his site weekly (at least). You grace, love and faith are an inspiration. You're children are beautiful inside and out.
Mary S-S (Shelby Twp, MI)
Hello To all of You...I have been Reading the site 2 years and I still Read the Updates Daily..
Heather you are just so Awsome...and I am so very Excited for You and Your Family..How nice that the Boys will all be the Big Brothers..and Allie will always be the Little Sister...Just Makes my Heart Smile when I Think Of Jacob Meeting Allie First and Telling Her all about His family and How Incrediable you all are I Beleive that she Already Knows all of You and She Knows that she is Loved Because she Has met Him First
I wish You all The best and I am so Excited To get To Read the Updates and See all The Pictures..
I Love all The Clothes...How sweet Of The Big Brothers To Already be Picking Out Her Clothes.
Wishing You all a Fun Filled Shopping Day!!
I love your new site....it looks great! And I'm thrilled for your family with Allie coming home soon! Congratulations! I will continue to check in, as I love your writing. You are SO inspirational!
Have fun getting 'baby-ready' !!
I have been following Jacob's website for quite some time. I love your new site here and you and your family are a true inspiration to me. Congradulations on Allie's home coming. May God bless you all.
Heather,
Some of the best things I liked when the boys were babies are a vibrating bouncy seat, battery operated swing, baby wipe warmer (That way she is not shocked by the cold wipe!) We had a changing table that connected to the crib and a changing table with all the butt cream, powder, pampers, etc.
A "Diaper Jeanie", a must have, dispose the diaper, twist and close the lid! Crib entertainment centers that you connect to the side of the crib, The lullaby light show (At the Discovery Channel Store in Brandon Town Center) or possibly at "Babies R Us". Lots of burp rags and bibs! Bright colorful toys!
I am jealous! You are so lucky to have a little baby girl!!
Hi Heather,
I have been reading Jacob's site since his passing....my sister in VA got me hooked on your site- which is unbelievable- and I check on you and your family very often. I have been wanting to thank you for sharing so many incredible stories. You are so inspirational!
I have 2 boys- Josh is 4 1/2 and Luke is 3. I also have a daughter, Emma Kate who is almost 7 months. I get goosebumps reading about Allie...oh, how you will love having a baby girl. My boys are a blast and I think even now I am still in shock that God has entrusted me with a daughter as well! One little item I can't live without right now is the pacifier holder. Allie may not even be a "passy baby" but if so, this item sure makes life a little easier.
Thanks again for the awesome entries and beautiful pics of your loved ones.
Megan Bradley
Columbia, Missouri
Post a Comment