Thanks to ESTEFANÌA for the beautiful picture!
Hello friends,
What a fabulous - but very busy week we have had . . . with the boys starting school and adjusting to a baby in the house!
Allie is a dream baby - and she has found her spot in our family - fitting in perfectly with all of the craziness in our house. I can't even begin to tell you how much we all love this baby girl. She sleeps through the night in her crib and takes 2 naps a day. She loves her bottle and started some solids for the first time this week - which was quite messy but loads of fun! She loves to swing and will giggle the whole time. She loves to swim and get her bath each night. She loves to be thrown up in the air - and she is quite loud as she loves to squeal to get our attention. She loves to blow raspberries and she only cries when she is hungry. She loves her daddy and her face just lights up when Donnie comes home from work. She loves to snuggle and be held and rocked and she is just pure sweetness. Allie has so much personality and is just so much fun. We have all enjoyed playing with her this week and I don't think she will have any trouble keeping up with the boys! :)
Of course, Allie is so good because she had a wonderful foster mother - one who loved her very much. She taught Allie how to trust and love and that has certainly carried over to us. Yes, we are convinced that Allie's foster mother is an angel on earth - a true hero. It takes a very special person to do what she does - with so much love and compassion. We will always let Allie know how much she was loved by this amazing woman who means so much to us.
What a fabulous - but very busy week we have had . . . with the boys starting school and adjusting to a baby in the house!
Allie is a dream baby - and she has found her spot in our family - fitting in perfectly with all of the craziness in our house. I can't even begin to tell you how much we all love this baby girl. She sleeps through the night in her crib and takes 2 naps a day. She loves her bottle and started some solids for the first time this week - which was quite messy but loads of fun! She loves to swing and will giggle the whole time. She loves to swim and get her bath each night. She loves to be thrown up in the air - and she is quite loud as she loves to squeal to get our attention. She loves to blow raspberries and she only cries when she is hungry. She loves her daddy and her face just lights up when Donnie comes home from work. She loves to snuggle and be held and rocked and she is just pure sweetness. Allie has so much personality and is just so much fun. We have all enjoyed playing with her this week and I don't think she will have any trouble keeping up with the boys! :)
Of course, Allie is so good because she had a wonderful foster mother - one who loved her very much. She taught Allie how to trust and love and that has certainly carried over to us. Yes, we are convinced that Allie's foster mother is an angel on earth - a true hero. It takes a very special person to do what she does - with so much love and compassion. We will always let Allie know how much she was loved by this amazing woman who means so much to us.
First ever family photo!
All 4 of my boys have a strawberry birthmark on the back of their necks - right above the hairline. Do you know that Allie has the same exact birthmark in the same spot on her neck?? Donnie and I couldn't believe it when we saw it! And well - we like to think that spot means that she has been kissed by one amazing angel! :)
The boys also got settled into school and seem to really enjoy it so far. They all love their teachers and have slowly caught up on all of their missed work. Of course they are all so excited to see Allie at the end of the day - and she is just as excited to see them!
The boys also got settled into school and seem to really enjoy it so far. They all love their teachers and have slowly caught up on all of their missed work. Of course they are all so excited to see Allie at the end of the day - and she is just as excited to see them!
First Day of School
I am behind on everything this week - as I have been soaking up every minute with Allie! My house is a mess, I have 187 unanswered e-mails and the laundry is piled up - but it has been one fantastic week - filled with so much happiness and love! It is truly as if Allie was meant for our family - she is such a blessing. And not a moment goes by that we don't thank God for choosing us to be the parents of this very beautiful, very special little girl. She has already brightened our days and filled our hearts.
I might not be updating as much for a while as I can't seem to tear myself away from my baby girl during the day and I have been way too tired at night! Keeping up with the boys and a baby wears me out! :) But I have so many pictures from our trip to share so I will try to do some "picture posts" next week while Allie is napping. And please know how much we appreciate all the comments and e-mails. I know that I have been terrible at keeping up with e-mails and comments but know that our family reads them everyday and it truly doubles our joy to share this time with all of you. Your prayers and support have carried us through so much and we will always be grateful!
Now I will leave you with some cuteness from the week! I have such a hard time choosing which pictures to post because I take way too many! :)
I might not be updating as much for a while as I can't seem to tear myself away from my baby girl during the day and I have been way too tired at night! Keeping up with the boys and a baby wears me out! :) But I have so many pictures from our trip to share so I will try to do some "picture posts" next week while Allie is napping. And please know how much we appreciate all the comments and e-mails. I know that I have been terrible at keeping up with e-mails and comments but know that our family reads them everyday and it truly doubles our joy to share this time with all of you. Your prayers and support have carried us through so much and we will always be grateful!
Now I will leave you with some cuteness from the week! I have such a hard time choosing which pictures to post because I take way too many! :)
This is how Allie wakes up - with a big smile on her face. And she has to sleep with a stuffed animal in each hand. Too cute!
Allie blowing raspberries - which Kyle thinks is hilarious!
Allie loves to snuggle in bed with the boys. I just love this picture - how she is touching Kyle's face.
This is the face she makes when Daddy comes home! (Ignore the messy bib - we were trying carrots for the first time. :)
Also - during our 8 hour layover in Ft. Lauderdale - I was able to meet a prayer warrior from Jacob's site. Amy has supported us for many years and sent us so many beautiful gifts. She is a true angel and it was great to finally meet her and her adorable grandson. She has pictures on her site - Amy's Blog.
And please don't forget about the walk for Childhood Cancer . . .
Cure Kids Cancer Challenge on Sept. 29th.
And please don't forget about the walk for Childhood Cancer . . .
Cure Kids Cancer Challenge on Sept. 29th.
We are walking in memory of our son, Jacob and you can visit our fundraising page . . .
AMAZING JACOB TEAM PAGE
AMAZING JACOB TEAM PAGE
Thanks so much to everyone who has already donated! This cause is so close to our hearts and every dollar helps bring us closer to a cure!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy."
Psalm 5:11
Filled with JOY,

Ending with a scripture . . .
"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy."
Psalm 5:11





37 comments:
Look at that smile, and rolls! I love it!!! She's so beautiful and I can tell already you love to dress her up!!!!
Heather: I want to cry for your happiness. You have so deserved this time in your lives--all of you!!! Makes me want to run out and adopt a baby--although I so enjoy the 9 months and the whole newness thing...
Allie is just as blessed to be with you as you feel you are to have her. Would love to see a picture of all those strawberries--would make a funny photo anyway.
Enjoy every minute, who cares about laundry??? It somehow comes back at you anyway...... as long as teeth are brushed and there is food in the fridge................
take care,
debbie in Oregon
She is definitely a dream come true! What beautiful pictures!!! I just loved looking at them. I could not get over the birthmarks all being the same. That is amazing...Amazing Jacob no doubt has already given her one very special angel kiss in just the right spot! It just has to be true for something that amazing.
I am so happy for all of you. It just makes me feel so good to see all of you so happy and your hearts so full. Allie has the most beautiful eyes....she is one gorgeous baby and so happy!!
Have a wonderful, long weekend with your beautiful family. I am going to relax after my first week at school with my 2nd graders and my own 3 children at home. I have a great class though, but boy am I pooped! :)
Can't wait to see more pictures! Love and FROG,
Kelly May
Loved, Loved, LOVED the update. Those pictures are SO adorable!! I especially like the one of Allie blowing raspberries and Kyle laughing. Allie is so precious and sweet. She was truly made for your family. And I agree....Dreams DO come true!!
Enjoy the long weekend with your awesome family.
Rejoicing with you,
Janet DeRosier
I could never be a foster mom because I could never let a child go. Yes, she is an amazing woman not only doing what she does but doing it so very well and with so much love! The Lord was definitely working and preparing things for you!
Continuing to lift you up to the Lord in prayer!
Romans 5:1-5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
She is just so beautiful!! I love all of the pictures. Looks as if she has Kyle wrapped around her little finger already! Just too cute for words . . .
Here I am sitting with tears of joy running down my cheeks after reading your post and looking at all the wonderful pictures. Allie is absolutely beautiful and I can see that she has fit right in with your wonderful family. She has filled all your hearts with such love and the smiles on your faces say it all.
Sending love and hugs.
Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.
Congratulations on your new daughter/sister. She was truly heaven sent! She is absolutely beautiful. You have been blessed once again. Your family continues to be in my thoughts and prayers daily. I love reading your updates. Take care and enjoy every minute with your family. Amy Robertson, Indiana
Shes a doll! She was definitely kissed by an amazing angel
I wasn't at all surprised to hear that Allie has similar 'markings' to your boys... she is meant to be in your family and this is just further proof of that! I bet Jacob enjoyed helping to kiss that little strawberry onto his sister. It is truly a wonderful thought.
I've decided I'm very needy, where your family is concerned :) I swear I check this site (and Jacob's) about three times a day, reading and re-reading your updates. I just feel so blessed to have been a part of your journey with both Jacob and Allie... I find myself wanting more, wishing I was a 'real' part of your daily lives and not just a 'virtual' part of your daily lives; make sense? I hope so!!
Anyway, Allie is so beautiful and I know she will always remember the special bond she shares with her foster mother, becuase you and your family know how important that transitional time was. I imagine her foster mother is filled with many of the emotions you yourself feel... grief, joy, hope... bittersweet comes to mind, again...
Hope you are enjoying this long weekend and get some rest!! Nap when Allie does, if possible, even if just for 20 minutes, it will make a difference! And who cares about laundry, you could always buy new... just kidding!!
Love, Kyle (from Connecticut)
I was so excited to see new photos this morning ! ! ! We can do without words for now, the pictures tell the story and make our days too.
You can see the love in the foster mother's face, can't you ? I wanted to reach out and hug her. What a special servant of God's.
It takes my breath to see Jacob's spirit coming out of Allie's pores, and the sign from God on the back of her neck literally gives me goosebumps. Who could doubt the love of God ?
Allie is just beautiful, like the rest of her family. Thank you so much for providing a bright spot in our days and giving hope to so many.
With love to you all (and a frog !),
Sandy D
Allie is an unbelievably happy little girl! And a truly lucky one, first with her foster mommy and now with her forever family.
Reading your story has opened my heart to the possibility of adopting a baby girl into our family. My husband and I are discussing and praying about it. We are going to an informational meeting on Thursday. Pray that God leads us in the direction we are meant to go.
God bless your new family, for He is so very good.
Allie is just ABSOLUTELY beautiful!
I am SO happy for your family. It looks like Allie's been with you for a lifetime. Well, actually she has been. I believe she started with an AMAZING angel from above and then came to her FOREVER family here.
Forget about the laundry it will ALWAYS be there but, these precious baby days will soon turn to "BIG" girl days. As long as there's food in the fridge and homework done it will be okay.
Have a WONDERFUL life with Miss. Allie.
God Bless,
Kelly
CCI
Thanks for the beautiful update Heather! I have tears rolling down my face reading about Allie and the boys! I am so happy to hear that your family is happy and enjoying all of these "firsts" with Allie! Allie is one very fortunate little girl to be a member of your amazing family!
I have followed your story for a while, but not commented. I just want to tell you that this entry brought the biggest smile to my face. I lost my 7 year old to cancer a month ago and well, you know how hard that is, so reading about your beautiful little girl is such a bright spot. I have a 21 month old and a 5 year old. I am home with the 21 month old all day while my 5 year old is at school and I am so thankful for this little girl who gives me a purpose to my days and for my 5 year old daughter bounding off the school bus, smiling. I wish my 7 year old was with her, but life goes on and your story is a testament to that.
Oh Heather... that smile just brightens the whole day!! Allie is so stinkin cute and I can tell that she is one loved and spoiled little princess, which is exactly what she should be!!
I am so thrilled that your process went so smoothly and Allie is home in your arms forever! She is most definitely "worth the wait" and your "dream come true"!!
Thanks for sharing such amazing pictures with us... so cool about her little angel kisses on the back of her neck... my Sophie~Bug has them too!! It is amazing to recognize the signs that your child was meant to be with your family and you will find them one by one as you experience more blessed days with your sweet daughter.
Looking forward to more pictures when the princesita is napping!!
Love and FROG!
Sarah and Sophie~Bug
PS... Glad you were able to meet Holly and Nino too!!
My emotions are overflowing as I read this update and see Beautiful Allie at home with her family. The birthmark thing gave me goosebumps! Congratulations, Duckworths! She is a beautiful blessing. Can't wait to see more pictures. In my opinion, you can never post too many!
Oh Heather, it's so great to see everyone at home. The boys were in love with Allie from the moment they saw her. It was SO great meeting you in Guatemala! Allie is just absolutely gorgeous. And yes, I truly believe she was kissed by the same angel that brought you the boys :) Enjoy your sweet angel baby!!
Okay...she is just DELICIOUS! I am so happy for you!
She is such a cute baby! I am so happy for you!!
I cried as I read your update and looked at your pictures. Allie is just beautiful. Our daughter, Izzy, is just a month older and she still LOVES to blow raspberries. She continues to heal our hearts as I know Allie and your boys continue to heal your hearts.
Aren't little girl clothes fun? There's a REALLY, REALLY great sale at Gymboree right now!!!!! Be careful, it's seriously dangerous!!! =)
Hugs,
Jenny Wilkins
www.caringbridge.org/ga/catie
Oh how I love those pictures! You guys have brought tears to my eyes, yet again. The birthmark...well that just leaves me speechless and in awe of our wonderful God. I am soooooooo very happy for you!!!
Luv,
Stacy Lindsay and family
I see a "glee" or a "special feeling" inside of our Kyle when it comes to Allie. You know Im so very anxious to hear about it.
I see a very special bond between them as time moves forward.
Love and Hugs...
Gosh, that face just lights the world up! Her smile is just as precious as your boys. Thank you for the update, and I will keep praying for your family and checking in for those picture blogs!
My two little miracle nephews:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/asherandjacob
I know the Angel that Kissed Allie...What an Amazing thing that is, Jacob had her picked for his family from the get-go! It is so obvious in all the pictures...Nothing but Pure Love! I couldn't be happier for a More Deserving family. I Thank God daily too, for all the wonderful Blessings He is bestowing on you. Much happiness and Love to all of the Duckworths!
Love,
Audra
Heather, I can "feel" the joy and hapiness by reading your words. I am so happy that Allie is in your family. I love all of the pictures, Allie is always smiling! Thank you for continuing to share your family. May you continued to be blessed.
FROGing because of Amazing Jacob-
Zhohn Dupont
Allie is beautiful!!! I also have only boys and hope to adopt a little girl one day! I could only hope to be as blessed as you and your family with such a wonderful addition!
Loved the pics of Allie and the boys!!! Heather/Donnie words can't express how happy I am for your family!! Have a wonderful LABOR DAY!!
How could a baby who is so completely opposite looking of 4 blonde and blue eyed little boys, blend so perfectly with her new family? She looks as if she's always been part of your family! A little girl for a wonderful and very special family! Allie is indeed, a perfect addition.
Obviously when you follow your heart and God's plan, miracles really do happen. Jacob sent you the perfect earthly angel.
Hi! Just wanted to check in to say hi! I love all of the pictures- they are precious! I am glad the boys are enjoying school! :) Have a lovely week!
Smile :)
Dear Duckworth Family,
Congratulations on the "arrival" of Allie to your family. She is a beauty! Definately a keeper. I know that you were blessed with the addition of Allie in your family but I also know that she was blessed with becoming a part of your loving loving family. It is for certain that she will be surrounded by love.
Oh Heather, she is just
beautiful. I know you are
so glad to have her.
I truelly believe that
she was meant to be your
child. She does not yet
know how very blessed
and loved she is. Take
care. Love, Lisa
I have followed Jacobs site for a long time and am so happy that Allie is now safely home with her Forever Family. I'm sure Jacob is watching you all and smiling that amazing smile. God bless you all.
What a beautiful baby girl she is!!! I'm so happy for your family! A very special angel is definitely looking down on his family!
Not THAT many posts this time so I'll add another one. Tried to see if I was having a granddaughter or grandson today but the little stinker didn't want to cooperate. So we wait!
Still thrilled about your precious little one coming home!
Stopping by to let you know I'm praying!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
I found this on another website and loved it...
Not flesh of my flesh nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it.
Heather,
Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures. It is such a joy to see the happiness on all your faces, and I can see Allie is working on wrapping all the boys and Donnie around her little finger. She is precious! The matching birthmark has to be a sign from God that He sent her to you (as if there was ever any question:).
I bet the boys were pretty pleased with the snake at Grandpaw's yard.
Have a wonderful week, and give Patty a hug from me.
Post a Comment