Friday, August 24, 2007

Homeward Bound!



Allie

Is


Coming

HOME




Friday!





Praise God!
Allie is such a delight and God has blessed us greatly with this little one. She is so much more than we could have ever hoped for - she is absolutely perfect and such a JOY! Her personality just shines. We just love her so much!
We traveled to Antigua today and toured the city. It is beautiful here and the people are so warm and friendly. We have fallen in love with our daughters' birthplace and made such wonderful memories. A more detailed update and lots more pics once we get settled back at home. I am so excited about taking Allie home . . . and praying she tolerates the plane ride!
Feeling so blessed,
Heather & Family

66 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time posting, but I have followed Jacob's story and now your new blog. I am beyond excited for your family! Allie is adorable and is blessed to have you as family. I know Jacob is jumping for joy in Heaven right now!!! Congratulations and I will be praying for a safe journey home!!!

Anonymous said...

Allie is so adorable and I have been so excited for Allie and your family. I check your page several times a day to take another look at the pictures and hope for a new post. It is already obvious that she is a perfect match for your incredible family! I can't wait to hear about your meeting her for the first time and stories of her with her forever family. Your boys are so precious and you as parents have done un unbeliveable job raising your kids. I'm praying for your safe and easy flight home!

Anonymous said...

Hello Duckworths! Congratulations! I am so happy for you, the pictures are beautiful and Allie looks so happy - is she always that happy?
I have followed Jacobs site for almost two years, and am now addicted to your family, and your updates!! You have a great gift, and I thank God for bringing me to your site - I've learned so much. I'm praying for safe travels home for you, and the days to come as you all begin the next chapter of your lives!!

Anonymous said...

I find it truly amazing that your little Allie has the most amazing smile in almost every photo. CONGRATULATIONS. She is another 'amazing' child!

Anonymous said...

Wow, only 3 comments so far! Am so thrilled that things are going so well! Praying for safe travels home!
Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Anonymous said...

SHE IS SO CUTE!!! So happy for your family. What a blessing! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hope that your trip home is smooth sailing (for all of you!).

Congratulations!

(LOVE LOVE LOVE the hairbows!!)

Anonymous said...

I must come to the blog site a thousand times a day just to see Allie's smile..funny she has that same contagious smile that Jacob has in all of his pictures.
Looking at her darling face makes everything ok with the world again.
Thank you so much for sharing her with us..P.S The smile's on the rest of the family are pretty wonderful to see as well!
Gods Speed!

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather . . . she is just absolutely precious. That smile just lights her whole face up. Ya'll must just melt!!

Trina and Jophie said...

I am so happy for you guys Heather! Allie is just gorgeous and the boys look like their in LOVE! hehe

Congratulations girlie! I can't wait to follow along once you all get home..

Have a safe trip!

Trina

Anonymous said...

Tolerates the plane ride? That HAS got to be the happiest baby I have ever seen. She is absolutely precious! All of the pictures that you posted of Allie BEFORE you met her she looked well taken care of and happy but NOW?? She is just SO happy that her family finally got there to her. :) And little does she know... now being a Duckworth.. her happiness is just now beginning!!! Safe travels today. You will be in the thoughts and prayers of SO many!

Carolein said...

Just wishing all of you a very safe trip home! Can't wait to see your next update! When my son was 7 months and we flew with him for the first time, he was quiet the whole time, staring out the window in amazement. Hopefully Allie will do the same for you. I can't think of a more deserving family than you guys. She's absolutely beautiful!

Lots of love and prayers for a safe trip home,

Carolein and Family

Bobbi said...

Oh my god she is cute---and quite big!!

We too loved Antigua. So much to take in. Did you enjoy the car ride??

Congratulations

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you all!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for tons more pictures.

Anonymous said...

How neat that Allie is from Antigua. It is a beautiful city. Our daughter's hogar was there, so we spent some time there and LOVED it. I cannot wait to hear about your trip! The pictures are just amazing. She looks like a complete joy. Hope the flight goes well!
Reba

Anonymous said...

Allie just looks like she belongs in the Duckworth family! I am so excited to see the big smiles and laughter....a tradmark of the Duckworth boys! She is absolutely beautiful and I am overjoyed for you all! I think she has Jacob's zest for life!

Anonymous said...

Allie is going to freak out over her room, having seen her reaction to everything else she sees ! I predict too, that she will love her plane rides. I can't imagine what she isn't going to like except her brothers going to school and her grandmother going home - if she can ! I wouldn't be able to.
We are all now waiting to see travel photos and Allie in her home . . . are we okay or what ?!
Travel safely, God be with you.
With love,
Sandy D
Atlanta

Anonymous said...

Have a safe flight home! We will be flying into Orlando Saturday to visit the Mouse for a week....just think now you can visit all the princesses with Allie! This is our daughters first trip that she will remember and I can't wait (she is 4)! Allie is just precious and looks so squishy...gotta love the squishy babies! That is one lucky baby to have such great big brothers to protect her...enjoy every second (as I am sure you already are!).

Anonymous said...

I love reading your story and come to your site daily to check on your updates. Adoption is a wonderful thing and it takes special people to raise anothers child as their own. Your family is so blessed to have this beautiful little girl in your lives now. I am adopted and my mom but this poem in my baby book and I wanted to share this with you. I am sure you have read this one before but it says so much.
Not flesh of my flesh
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously
My own.
Never forget
For a single minute:
You didn't grow under my heart
But in it.
Wendy

2 Babes in Boyland said...

Oh, Heather, she is just beautiful! And so happy!! Congratulations and enjoy that sweet baby girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Now that Allie is officially a member of the family, I want to wish all of you health, happiness and good luck.

It is going to be a big transition for everyone now that there is a new child in the family, and it might be a good idea if everyone would let the Duckworths become adjusted, especially Kyle, Devin and Brandon. Also, how in the world will Heather be able to keep up with the constant clamoring for updates and pictures (although I know how much she enjoys it)now that she has an infant to take care of.

Safe trip home.

Maggie - Mom of Six said...

Praying for a safe journey as well as a fairly quiet one!

Christi said...

God is GOOD!!

Yay for the return home, I know all of you could not be happier.

I will be praying for your safe return, I am sure Allie will do fine with the plane since she has her goofy brothers there to keep her occupied :) Cant wait to read more updates when you get home, I am just loving your blogs.

(((HUGS))
Christi

Anonymous said...

Does this child ever quit smiling? What a cutie! I wish you all a safe plane ride home and a wonderful life with your new extended family. You deserve happiness. You are truly Gods GOOD people.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your safety as you travel home today. Love you. Judy in WV

Anonymous said...

Shedding tears of joy as you bring Allie home!! You and your family only deserve the best!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What an absolutely beautiful family you have. And your newest addition to your family......what a sweet picture she is!
Congratulations to you all on the arrival of your daughter/sister/grandaughter!

Anonymous said...

It is Friday and I am sending you fairy dust for a safe and uneventful trip home with your beautiful family!! I think its nice that she is coming home through the clouds in the sky....bringing her up to see Jacob:) Best wishes to you all.

Liz in Canada

Anonymous said...

Today I am PRAISING THE LORD for your little Allie and your hearts full of JOY! What a wonderful blessing she is to your family! The Lord (and Jacob) sure picked the BEST for you!! She just glows!
Praying for a delightful plane ride home and good adjusting for all.

Lots of love and tears of joy,

Janet DeRosier

Anonymous said...

Allie is one happy baby! She is smiling in every picture, just like her big brother Jacob. I can't wait until you get home and get settled in.
Praying that you all have a great flight home.
FROGing-
Zhohn Dupont

Layne said...

Allie is beautiful! May your family have a safe trip HOME.

Dena said...

To Wendy, above, who is adopted: As an adoptive mom, thanks for that poem - I love it! I also wanted to say, which you probably already know, that love for an adoptive child is every bit as strong as for a bio child. I have both and I can tell you there is just no way I could love my 16 month old blessing any more than I do, just no way! I wish there were stronger words for how much we love and cherish her. I pray that she will always know how much we all love her.
As for Allie - amazing joy in her smile and eyes. God prepared her to meet her family for sure!

Jennifer said...

Safe travels for all of you!! May God continue to bless your family! I can hardly wait to see pictures of her in her new PINK room!!!

Sarah said...

Oh, I sw that first picture and KNEW you went to Antigua! I am so excited that you were able to visit there, it is so beautiful!!

Speaking of beautiful... your daughter just exudes happiness and beauty! I can tell you are all just on cloud 9 with her!! LOVE all the pictures and hope you will have time to keep us supplied with pictures once you are home!!

Safe travels today!!!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Anonymous said...

YAAAAY!!!!

Carmen said...

Allie is such a happy baby, you can see it all her pictures. I think Jacob hand picked her just for his family, she just shines.I'm so happy for your family to have this new addition. I can tell that she is so loved by you all. Safe travels to you all and I can't wait to see more pictures. I feel blessed just to be on another journey with your family.
Carmen

Anonymous said...

Your family is truly an inspiration to me. I have kept up on all of the posts that you put on both websites and I am so overwhelmed with joy for your family. What a beautiful baby Allie is! I am so happy for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Wooohooo!!!! Miss Allie is leaving..on a jet plane. Safe travels Dearest Duckworths. Allie is just beautiful, she fits into your family so perfectly. Cant wait until you get home..settled..rested..to hear more about your trip..and to see more pics of the whole Duckworth family.. with one Amazing Jacob looking over your shoulders. God Bless. Karen..Pa

Anonymous said...

heather - I was introducted to Jacob's site from another caringbridge site - I've been following your family's story for awhile now - I find you so inspirational! How your faith lifts you up - its truly amazing! Your daughter Allie is beautiful - I have to agree with the other bloggers - her smile just makes you want to melt! i hope she behaves on the plane and I wish you and your beautiful family nothing but beautiful days ahead!
Mari - Roseland, NJ

Anonymous said...

Prayers for a safe flight home. Hope Allie enjoys her first flight. I bet all those people on the airplane will love her smile and will be wishing they were the lucky ones getting to take her home!!! Love the pictures, can't wait to see many, many more in the years to come :)

Anonymous said...

I have never been so happy for people that I have never melt. Congragulations on your gift from above. She is beautiful and blessed as all your children are. Thanks for inspiring us all.

Lisa from Atlanta

snekcip said...

YIPPEE, OUR GUATAMERICAN PRINCESS IS ON HER WAY HOME!!! WELCOME HOME DUCKWORTH FAMILY!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Praying for a safe trip home. Allie has such a wonderful smile and I love smiles! It is so easy to see all the love this precious little girl is receiving, as well as giving. I am so happy for the entire family!

Smile :)

Anonymous said...

WOW, I have missed so much. Haven't been able to check in for awhile now and today of all days that I do get to; Allie is coming home!!! What a blessing!! I know you will really enjoy this precious gift that God has sent to your family and she is one lucky little girl. May God continue to richly bless your lives.

Anonymous said...

Does that kid EVER stop smiling? She makes me chuckle everytime I look at her. Such a ham!

Anonymous said...

Heather and family,
I can not get over how BEAUTIFUL little Miss Allie is!!! She has stolen my heart just by looking at her adorable face. You all must be in LOVE!!!
We will continue praying for Allie and your very special family. You are probably flying home with her right now. Enjoy!!! We are praising God for his beautiful gift.
Lisa Mize and family

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,

Do you think this precious child could smile MORE??? She fits right in with all her brothers. She has the spirit of "JOY"!!!

Now, we know Jacob knew who to send down, He wanted to keep the laughing, and joy going on in the Duckworth family for sure...

Praying for a safe and great trip down.

Love the bows Heather, keep them on her head all the time so she thinks it's part of her! (He he...)

Lots of love,

Susan

Leeann said...

Love all the pictures you have been sharing. We are blessed to be on this journey with you. You are all radiating joy!
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

My Life said...

That Allie just has the most beautiful smile and I can tell that is all she does. What a cutie patootie!

Jacob is smiling down on all of you and he will make sure Allie has a happy life. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Heather and family! I'm thrilled for you all. I've followed Jacob's story for about 2 years, and I am so happy that you all are finding so much joy in Allie. She is, as you said, a blessing. She has a beautiful smile (as do all of your kids). Congratulations again.

Anonymous said...

Heather & Family;

We have never met but you and your family have been such an influence in my life. I was sent on a journey of faith a few years ago. At that time, I began to follow Jacob's story. How I love that little boy! To make a long story short, I was babtized last Easter weekend and you and Jacob were very much a part of my journey and for that I am forever grateful. When I waiver, I come to your site and feel once again inspired by Gods grace at work in the Duckworth home. I have shed many tears with you all the way over here in the midwest and I am happy to say the tears today are of pure joy. I can't think of anyone more deserving of the happiness you feel as you bring your precious Allie home. What a lucky little girl and an equally blessed family. Keep sharing your faith...it does make a difference!

Anonymous said...

Allie- Are you home yet? I hope so!! Enjoy your first night home...there is nothing better than being home with your family!

Anonymous said...

Heather, you really are too gracious, taking time out, to keep us updated. I feel very blessed to have met your family, and now Allie, what a perfect addition to all the Duckworth's! I can't wait to see you photos, another one of your great talents! Hugs from Fort Worth, Tammy P.S. By the looks of that smile on Allie's face I think she's blending right in!!

Nicole said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait for more updates :)

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderfuL! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Are you home yet ? Anxiously awaiting an update! You are all so AMAZING!

Best of luck with your transition with Miss Priss. And too, for the boys going back to school. Their plates are so full too!

Thanks for sharing your family with us. You are all such as inspiration.

Exactly how long will in be before she has her daddy wrapped around her little finger?! That is such an incredible bond!

Take care!

Always FROGGING! and thinking of Jacob :-)

Marsi

Anonymous said...

Look at that smile! It is worth a thousand words :). I am so happy for your family and you definitely know Jacob had a hand in bringing his baby sister to you.

Hope she did well on the plane ride. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Allie is in the Duckworths' lives, but I can't help but feel sad for her foster mother. Although she knew having Allie in her life was a temporary thing, I am sure she grew to love her and will miss her tremendously.

Ames said...

Welcome home!!! Enjoy your precious gift from God and let her beautiful face bring you joy. LOL..she's going to drive those boys batty.

Unknown said...

Heather,
Allie is beautiful! I keep checking for another update and more precious pictures! I have prayed for you and your family and am thrilled to see how much joy Allie is bringing your family!

When things settle down, I would love to learn more about the adoption process and the agency you used. Always praying for your family and know that Angel Jacob has the biggest smile on his face seeing Allie bringing so much joy to his family :)

Unknown said...

Heather,
Allie is beautiful! I keep checking for another update and more precious pictures! I have prayed for you and your family and am thrilled to see how much joy Allie is bringing your family!

When things settle down, I would love to learn more about the adoption process and the agency you used. Always praying for your family and know that Angel Jacob has the biggest smile on his face seeing Allie bringing so much joy to his family :)

dheisler said...

It is so wonderful to see the joy in your family. Congrats and blessings to all of you. I am a follower from your caringbridge site and have finally signed up to leave messages on your blog. I have been wanting to tell you that I absolutely am moved by the moniker at the top of your blog of your 3 boys and the faith, hope and love quote. It absolutely takes my breath away. There is no comment that does justice to it. Thinking of Amazing Jacob today!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, she is just so adorable! Praying your flight home was safe and you are settling in well. Blessings to your amazing family!

Laura Lynn and my two little miracle nephews:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/asherandjacob

Anonymous said...

Heather and Fam,
We are so happy Allie and you guys are home. Glad the trip was tolerable and safe. Enjoy this time with your family! Love you all.

Stacy Lindsay & Family in good ol' WV

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Allie!

When looking at the blog today,I notice at the top of the page, the boys fishing. In the water to the right of the boys it looks like a cross, a sure sign of Jacob

Anonymous said...

Loooooook at that ADORABLE smile and big ole cheeeekies!

Nell

Anonymous said...

Definitely NOT too many pictures of that little doll and her brothers! Keep them coming, please..