Thursday, August 23, 2007

More of Allie

Hello friends,

No time for a post - although I have so much to share! But I wanted to let you know that we had our Embassy appointment this morning and all went well. We get Allie's visa tomorrow and fly home Friday! :)

We are loving every minute with Allie! She has such a great personality and we all just adore her. So far she has been a good sleeper and a very happy baby. And boy does she like to eat . . . which would explain the 4 rolls down her thigh! ;) We have enjoyed this trip together tremendously and I can't wait to share more about it once we are home.
Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments. It doubles my joy to share it all with you - thanks for sharing our excitement and for praying for our family.

But for now - I will leave you with more pictures - because I know that's what you really want to see anyways! :)


Donnie, Allie & I on the way to our Embassy appointment at 6am this morning!



Ready for the pool!



She loved swimming!





This is the sweet face I saw when Allie woke up from her nap . . . makes my heart sing!




We are all so in love with this baby girl and we are giving thanks tonight for all that God has done in our life - for it by His grace and strength alone that we live each day . . . and we thank Him daily for bringing new joy in our life with Allie!
Humbled by the grace of God,
Heather & Family

67 comments:

scanmom said...

We are so excited for you, I can just imagine how happy you are. The pictures tell it all!! Congratulations, Allie is one lucky girl...

Ellen and Sammi Robertson

www.caringbridge.org/mi/sammijean
www.caringbridge.org/visit/alecrc

Anonymous said...

The love in ALL our your eyes says it all!!The look on Donnie's face as he is looking at Allie in the pool... How Heather just glows with happiness...Allie really does have the look on her face that she KNOWS you are her forever family... The boys are already so in love with her! That hug is priceless!! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful joy with all of us. Your family is what is really is all about. LOVE JOY HAPPINESS being together. You are such an inspiration! God has blessed all of you. Your children reflect the great parents that you are!! Have a safe trip home. I can just imagine you walking in your home with Allie for the 1st time. The joy just goes on and on!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are SOO blessed. I have been following your family forever.. So glad positive things are happening for you. All of us on the triplet Connection think of you often... Love Kelli and the triplets.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, thanks so much for sharing more pictures with those of us that have accompanied you anonymously and from a distance on your journeys.
Prayers,
Janet

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for your family Heather. Thank you so much for continuing to share your family with us. You have one very precious little girl. I can tell that Allie will fit right in with your loving family.
Thanking God-
Zhohn Dupont

Christi said...

Awesome, sums it all up in one word.

She looks adorable and I can tell everyone adores her to peices.

I can not say "Thank You" enough for letting us take this journey with you and your family.

Truly special.

(((HUGS))
Christi

Anonymous said...

Dearest Duckworths,What a beautiful family you make. Allie has those cheeks you just want to reach out and touch. What a wonderful blessing she is.Your faces show pure love and joy. Praying for safe travels for you on Friday. Can't wait to see more pics of Allie in her forever home. Of course we all look forward to your updates too.:))) Is there a big Welcome Home Allie planned for your arrival at the airport? God Bless. Karen..Pa

Bobbi said...

Looks as if her brothers are enjoying her--oh and Mom and Dad too. She really is adorable. Looks as if she is going to have some curls! Glad she is doing well. We were lucky with that as well.

Safe travels.

Amy said...

Thank you so much for more pictures! I am so excited for all of you. I'm sure Allie is even more beautiful in person. I just want to squeeze her chubbly cheeks.

Anonymous said...

God is good. All the time. God is good.

I am so excited for all of you!Safe journeys.

Love, Cindy K.

Anonymous said...

Miss Allie looks so very happy in these pictures (not to mention the rest of you). I know I saw a little bit of "sugar" dripping out of the corner of her mouth. What a blessing Allie is to you and you are to her!

Ro, Ro, sa, ta, and so said...

Oh my! I am completely speechless! Allie is absolutely beautiful and the boys are glowing with happiness.

Congratulations on your sweet addition!

Rochelle in WI

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful Heather!

Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. It has brought me so much joy to see the happiness that has returned to your life. Cherish every second!

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for your family, you just radiate with THANKFULNESS,JOY and the LOVE you all have for one another. I will be praying for a safe trip home and will be waiting for a full update when you get settled.

May God continue to Bless you all!!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful. The pictures melt my heart. May God continue to Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Tears were streaming down my face as I read your first post from Guatemala. I am so happy for you all. God has truly blessed you with a beautiful, loving baby and blessed her with a wonderful, loving family. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I keep coming back here to look at all your pictures and the tears are still are rolling down my cheeks. You are all so blessed.
Thank you for sharing this journey with your cyper-family. You are all glowing with happiness.
Sending love and hugs ((()))

Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE! Your family is beautiful. You can tell by every picture you live life to its fullest and take in every moment. I learn alot from you. You are awesome.

Lots of Love, Debbie
www.caringbridge.org/visit/carleevessel

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for each one of you!

Heather said...

Does she have those boys already wrapped around her finger or what;)? What a happy baby. Thankyou for sharing this journey with all of us. It just makes me smile so big to hear your news and see the sweet pictures. Safe travels home to you all tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for you. Allie is soooo beautiful and seems so full of joy and love. Just reading your journal tells of the joy and happiness in your hearts. I am so thankful that you share this amazing adventure with us. It makes me so happy to hear of this awesome gift God has placed in your lives.

Anonymous said...

Does that princess ever have a frown ?! Come to think of it, why would she ?! She truly is a living doll and a fashionatta too, beautiful clothes and just the perfect outfit for everything from an Embassy visit to a swim !
Tomorrow is the big day, to come home to her own princess room till she goes to college ! She is going to love her home as she already does her family. I can just see that Jacob has been whispering in her ear - a lot - she is just as happy and prepared to meet this world head-on, as he was, and always, beaming.
Love them to pieces, Allie Patricia, you are just what this perfect little family needed and God and Jacob provided. Someone in every corner of this world prayed for this.
Love,
Sandy D.
Atlanta

Anonymous said...

Heather and family! She is just precious, just like you and your family, what a great fit! I looove all the pictures, thanks so much for sharing this journey of ya'lls life with us! Hugs from Tammy in Fort Worth!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful! What a HUGE blessing! The picture of her with her brothers shows the love they have for her. Jacob did a great job picking the perfect sister!

Sarah said...

Heather... LOVE the new pictures! Yes, she is definitely the princess of the family, maybe mommy has been de-throned a bit... LOL! Glad your Embassy appointment went well!! Don't forget to get your picture made in front of the birds of paradise flower arrangement in the lobby next to the restaurants!

Enjoy your time in Guatemala!! Sending you love and hugs from KY!!!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

The Traveling Yogi said...

She's absolutely beautiful! I wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather, she is beautiful! I am so thankful that all is going well. As soon as there were pictures up I had to share them with everyone! I can see the JOY and LOVE on all your faces and it just makes me cry with happiness for you. Thank you for sharing this precious time with us.

Praying for a safe trip home.

Love and Hugs,
Janet DeRosier

snekcip said...

Loving all those pics!! Those cheeks are going to be in BIG TROUBLE w/she gets back to the STATES, I know their are (2) grandma's that will be getting some SWEET CHEEK nectar!!! My goodness how much cuter can one baby get!!!!! I'm so very excited that you will be bringing home Allie (The GuatAmerican Princess!!) on Friday!!!

Jennifer said...

LOVE THE PICTURES!!!! You are so very blessed and the you have a very special angel watching over you!!! I saw this scripture in a book I was given and thought of you all.

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matthew 21:22

Laurie said...

Wow, she is so beautiful. I am so happy for your family. I first read your post yesterday while I was working at a client site. I nearly cried right there! You deserve this joy!

Audra said...

I am beyond excited for your family. The Love that beams from Every picture tells it all.
Thank you God for this Wonderful Blessing in the Duckworth family, I know Your Amazing Sidekick is right there seeing that all goes well for his family.
So Much Love to you Duckworths
Love,
Audra

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures from today. She is just adorable, and everyone looks so happy! Have a safe trip home!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, more tears! It is just so awesome to see the pictures of you together. Continuing to give God praise for this awesome gift and am praying for a wonderful trip home.

Laura Lynn

My two little miracle nephews:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/asherandjacob

Anonymous said...

Praise God, it will be wonderful to get your visa for Allie and to fly home.

Anonymous said...

Sending praises to God for you and your family! What a blessing Allie is and Thank you for sharing your AMAZING journey with us!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I have followed your family's journal for 3 years now and I can't even put to words how happy I am for you all. Allie looks right at home with you. Have a safe trip home. I'm excited to continue reading about your new adventure!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I must admit I had tears in my eyes when I seen the boys holding Allie - its precious.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
Kristina
Brookville, Ohio

Anonymous said...

Yet again, I clicked on your site and saw new pics and cried..... again!!! I get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside when I come here. Have a good flight home. You guys ROCK!!!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/hayden

Anonymous said...

Sharing in your joy and praying for a safe trip as you bring Allie home.

Allie is absolutely beautiful!!!

Congratulations!

Lisa in Iowa

Anonymous said...

Hey there Duckworths..
I have visited you on your caringbridge sight before. I am so, so happy for you. You have the best looking kids around!!!

Have fun with that little girl! Trust me, girls are diva's...but they are so fun! I also wanted to say what a beautiful job you do as a mom. Your boys are happy, even with the loss of amazing Jacob, and are so excited to add that little girl to their family. You are a Rockstar!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Allie is soooo beautiful!! I'm so happy for you all!!

Love, Sherri
www.caringbridge.org/oh/kara

Anonymous said...

Hi! Yay- even more pictures today! I am still so excited! I am sure there is definitely someone amazing shaking his booty with excitement too! Have a safe trip back!

Smile :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Duckworth's!!!
Miss Allie is sooo beautiful and I can see all the love she already has, Jacob is there sitting with you guys the whole time..... May you have a safe trip home...

The Spiveys , Louisiana

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie, I especially love the little curl that almost always shows up on the side of her head. Her foster mommy surely took very good care of her. Thank God for that special woman. Yea for the Duckworths!!!!

Arrive home safely!

sandy
Columbus, IN

Twisted Branches said...

My heart is smiling for you! Can't wait for more pics and the story of your first meeting. Enjoy your trip. You guys SO deserve this blessing. :)

Anonymous said...

What love is shown in all the pictures shared! Allie is one special little girl becoming an amazing Duckworth! God has blessed your family with such a beautiful baby girl and your faith in God is reflected in the pictures and not to mention the amount of LOVE by all.

See you back home real soon! Love and God bless.

Chubb Family

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! Allie is so obviously yours; EVERYONE is glowing. I've been following your family since shortly before Jacob's death and am so happy to see the joy he sent to you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, happy daughter you have!! The boys love like they are absolutely in love with their new baby sister!!! Congratulations to your whole family. I am so happy for your family and excited to see upcoming posts!! Have a safe trip home tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I know I know I just left a comment earlier but i just saw you posted more pics and i just HAVE TO comment on such a beautiful little princess you have!!! hehe i am so excited for you all. She is such a happy smiley baby. Cant wait to hear more about the trip at a later date. Misty

JAMES, JESSICA, AND MATTHEW said...

Oh, Heather she is so beautiful! What a smile! I am so happy for you!!! You all look so happy. I hope that we can see you all sometime before the babies get too big. I hope Allie knows what great parents she has. I love you all. Hug that precious baby girl for me! By the way, is she a Daddy's girl or what?! Donnie looks totally smitten!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. I am from Caracas, Venezuela, and I adore the way you describe Allie as a chunky munky. It sounds so cute!
My husband cannot understand how can I, a internet follower, have such a bond with you and your family. I think is because your strong faith and your relationship with the Lord. You are my sister in Christ!

Tania Corro

kathryn said...

Allie is just too cute for words! You all look so very happy, and you are so blessed. I have followed your site for some time. You are such a beautiful and wonderful family, and I truly admire your faith. May God continue to bless you and keep you in this new chapter of your lives, and I am sure that Angel Jacob is smiling down on all of you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an incredible blessing. We are so happy for you all, and I don't even have the words for it. Allie is beautiful, and you are all absolutely glowing. Jacob is no doubt watching over you all, and proud as heck!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing all of this. You guys have so many 'fans' out there cheering you on!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful child! She looks happy to finally be with her family! Praying for all of you!

Love The Smith Family

www.braydonsmith.com

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to see the sheer joy in all of your faces - our family is just so happy for you.

Kim Magnan & Family

Carolein said...

What a beauty!! You look SOOO happy Heather!!! The picture of you, Allie and the boys is just beautiful! Congratulations again!! Have a very safe trip home tomorrow.

With Love,

Carolein and Family

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! She is so lucky to have you all as her family! Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all the rolls! Chunky Monkey fits her just perfect, she's beautiful!!!!!

Audra said...

I just had to add that I Love those 3 little curls on the side of her precious little head :) What a CUTE CUTE baby girl.
Love you and thinking of All of you always!
Audra

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift...Allie is such a cutie!! We are so happy for you...Can't wait for a update when you get home!! May God continue to bless your loving family..
Have a safe trip home...

Anonymous said...

Happy 6th month birthday sweet Allie!

Congratulations Duckworth Family! Your daughter is just gorgeous and she looks so good in all of your arms! You can tell by your pictures that you have all falling in love with her! What a lucky little girl to have the love of your family.

After following your family for the last couple of years, it is so great to see everyone so happy. Pure joy!

Prayers for a safe return home. I look forward to seeing more and more pictures of Allie!! Keep the wonderful updates coming!

May God continue to Bless your family, and keep you all in His Grace!

Love and prayers,
Kristin

Angel said...

THIS IS SOOOO GREAT! I am so very happy for your wonderful family. She is just precious. :0) Angel

Anonymous said...

How great is our God??!? He is so awesome to lead this precious baby girl to the Duckworth family ... although I feel sure He had some pleading from a special angel boy! Thank you Lord, for listening!

Duckworth family, you continue to be a light in a dark world. With Allie, that light became brighter (and pinker!) and shines so much more clearly!!!! Keep shining that light so that others can see the light of Jesus's face!

Bless you all, can't wait till you get home safely and we can hear more about Allie! Love to all the boys too!

Kathy Sanders
Richardson, TX
A faithful frogger & longtime Amazing Jacob fan!

Tina said...

What a wonderful life Allie will have with you, Donnie and the boys. She will always have an angel watching over her too.
Congrats!

Tina & Angel Lance

Anonymous said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND I BELIEVE THAT JACOB SENT HER HIS BIG SMILE!!! ALLIE IS SO BLESSED THAT GOD SENT HER TO SUCH A CHRISTIAN, LOVING FAMILY!!!!
HOPE YOUR TRIP HOME WENT WELL.
WAITING FOR MORE PICTURES
TELL THE BOYS I HOPE THEY HAVE A GOOD WEEK AT SCHOOL.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh goodness, you're really kicking up my desire to adopt a little girl. I really want to adopt a girl from China, but I'm not of the "adopting age" for that country.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Allie is a beautiful girl and she is obviously showered with love. Nothing creates excitement and joy better than a precious new baby!

The Goodens
Kevin, Mitzi,
Katelyn, Kaleb & Kane
(13 y/o Triplets)
Statesville, NC