Saturday, August 11, 2007

Tickled PINK!


WE HAVE PINK!!!


Hello friends,

Yes, our agency called this morning with great news . . . we got our PINK SLIP and our Embassy Appointment is August 22!

So in 11 short days we will be holding our daughter for the very first time and after our Embassy Appointment we will be able to fly home with Allie FOREVER.

It gives me goosebumps just typing those words. It makes me cry happy tears. It makes a lump form in my throat and butterflies flutter in my stomach. It makes me scream with pure joy. It makes me nervous and scared. It makes me thank God for this wonderful blessing that will soon be ours to hold and love. Yes, I am a basket case of emotions . . . excited, shocked, scared, happy, overwhelmed and thankful . . . all at once!

We are now officially in panic mode trying to finish Allie's room this weekend and baby proof our house. And make plane & hotel reservations in Guatemala. And wash all the baby clothes and blankets for the trip. And fill out the travel paperwork for our adoption agency. Yes, my head is spinning and we are going to be so busy over the next week - but truly we couldn't be happier! And the thought of Allie being here - in her room - just brings tears to my eyes and thrills me to pieces! It just doesn't seem real that she is finally coming HOME.

Of course - Allie's pick-up date just happens to be the first week of school for the boys. I am hoping the boys can go the first day but then they will miss the rest of the week traveling with us. I hate that they will miss the first week - but this is a life experience they could never get in school and we feel that it is important for them to be there to welcome Allie into our family. Not to mention that they are all so excited!

My baby shower was perfect and I was blessed with so many adorable, girly things! :) I can't thank everyone enough for their thoughtfulness and I had so much fun the next day going through all the baby stuff. I've got lots of pictures - but haven't had time to download them yet . . . hopefully soon!

I will update again as soon as we have our flight information. Please be constant in prayer for Allie during this time . . . I pray that Allie will have an easy transition into our family. Please pray for the foster mother who has taken such wonderful care of Allie since birth. I pray for God to flood her heart with peace. And please pray for safe and healthy travels for all of us.

We thank God for putting adoption in our hearts and leading us to Allie - what a precious, priceless gift she will be to our family. We know that she will heal our hearts with love and bring so much JOY to our household. God has blessed us greatly during this adoption journey and we are so thankful.

One quick question for anyone out there with a baby . . . Allie will be 6 months old on August 20 and she weighs about 16 pounds. What size clothes should we take?? 6/9 months?? 12 months?? It is so hard knowing what to take when we have never seen Allie! We are just guessing at how big she will be and it has been 7 long years since I have had a baby in the house . . . I have forgotten so much. But I can't wait to re-learn it all again! :) Also - if you have adopted from Guatemala and have some advice about the pick-up trip - please leave a comment!


Ending with a scripture . . .

"Like cold water to a weary soul, is good news from a distant land."
Proverbs 25:25

Giving thanks to God for this good news,

92 comments:

Mixed Up Me said...

I am crying tears of happiness for you!!! I can't even imagine how you are feeling . . .

If you would like a look into Guatemala before you get there, check out his site, it is fabulous!!
www.ourguatemalanbaby.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I don't know who will be more blessed. Allie for becoming part of such a wonderful family or all of you for the blessings this child will bring to your family. :) I am so excited for all of you & can hardly wait to see the pictures of this life changing event!!!! God Bless.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you and the family!!! I wish so much that we could be there to meet her. Bayleigh is so excited for you. Your house was always her favorite place, she loved being the only girl around all the boys. she would love to show Allie a few things,lol. You are going to love having a girl in the house.
All our love, The McFadden's

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!! So, so happy for you. Caleb and I went tonight to find a few little things for Allie's box and something for the boys too, so it looks like we did it just in time! Of course, Caleb thought EVERY thing we saw would be perfect for Allie, so I had to maintain control over the shopping :-) Derek is 8 months old and at his 6-month checkup he weighed 16 pounds, so I'm guessing they're about the same size. He has been wearing size 3 diapers for about 3 months now. I've found it's always better to have diapers that seem a little big because they actually hold everything in that way. If you go by the weight on the package, they usually leak (at least in my experience). The Old Navy shirts that Derek is wearing right now are 6-12 months. All of his pajamas (Carters) right now are 12 months, though his Carters bodysuits are 12-18 months. Carters rompers he is wearing are 9-12 months, but I think the labels on those now just say "12 months". I would recommend you take mostly 9-12 months clothes, that'd probably be your best bet. And be sure to take some teethers because she's likely to be in the middle of teething, which also means you'll need that Butt Paste in case teething gives her a diaper rash (can you tell what we've been dealing with in our house). Oh, and some Infants Tylenol too. Also, I read that they have prescription ear numbing drops for babies to use on airplanes, so you might want to get a prescription from your pediatrician.

Anonymous said...

Of course my eyes watered up as soon as I read your post! How thrilling. It must seem almost hard to believe after waiting so long. It just so happens that my 'baby' Spencer will turn four on August 22; and that is exciting, but I'll be thinking about you guys all day.

I have a gift for you (I thought there would be more time to get to it to you before the big arrival) so maybe I'll try and get it to you...or maybe I'll wait and give it to Allie in person!

I don't remember if I emailed you this idea before or not..I saw the pictures of the boys with the special clothes they picked for Allie, but I read in a magazine somewhere to buy plain white onesies (or the little white crib shirts- I liked those since they were easy to throw on with a diaper when we were home, no snaps to deal with) wash them, stretch them over cardboard or wood and have the boys decorate them with fabric markers, fabric crayons (both sold at Michael's) or they could puff-paint them. I'm sure they'd be proud to have their sister wear something they 'made' her. Just a thought.

The countdown is on!

Happy to share in your excitement (I'm sure there's enough to go around!)

Shelley

Anonymous said...

Great news! I had goosebumps just reading your post. I know God chose you for Allie and Allie for your family. What a wonderful blessings. Praying that all goes smoothly in the coming weeks. I can't wait to see pictures.

Maggie - Mom of Six said...

Wow! I am so excited for you guys! I agree with the mom who posted about 9 and 12 months clothes. I will be keeping all of you in my prayers for travel, transition and everything that goes along with a baby in the house.

Unknown said...

What an awesome post!!! Cant wait to see your pics ! We are waiting for our daughter from China and cant wait for our 'Gotcha' Day!

Anonymous said...

Hi... YAY we are so happy for you!!!! Many prayers for you from Europe :) My son sawyer just turned 6 months old and is 17 pounds but very long and is wearing mostly 6-9 and some 12 month. i would be safe than sorry and pack the 12 month stuff just in case ;)

Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather & Donnie:
It has been over 17 & 19 years since I brought Marc and Sarah home, but I still remember the pure joy that rushed through my body. The case worker said Marc didn't weigh 14 lbs yet and would be 3 month old when we picked him up on Monday, so I bought clothes for a 3-6 month old. Well, at 3 months he weighed 171bs and never fit into anything under 12months. Then he went into the toddler sizes.
I would suggest brining 12 months sizes. I'm not sure who lables the sizes, but I never found them accurate.
Marc, Sarah and I are so excited for you guys.
Praying for you all as you begin the count down to bring precious Allie home.
His Mercies, Grace and Peace to you each
Vicki, Marc, Sarah

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! First of all, I would stop wasting precious energy child proofing the house right now, unless Allie is crawling. Secondly, as far as size is concerned, I think you need to return the 6-9 month size clothes, unless something looks like it is cut big. Mostly, I suppose you need to use your good judgment about a lot of things you are asking advice about.

Have a safe trip.

The Foster Home said...

My little girl was about the same size at that age and 6-9 month clothing just fit, but was on the snug side. I would recommend size 12 months to be on the safe side.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you all! I have no advice on baby clothes, but I can't wait to see all of the adorable pictures! Allie is a blessing from God. She will love her new family and enjoy hearing stories about Jacob. I know you will all make him very real in her heart! Blessing to you all.

The Fox Family said...

Hi. I don't normally post a comment but have followed your family's journey for over two years now. You all are in my prayers at this VERY exciting time.
My daughter is 8 months old and right around 16 pounds. This is a very tricky size. 6-9 months are more than adequate for dresses, shorts, and short sleaved clothing. But she needs 9-12 months in sleepers and pants and long-sleaved things because the 6-9 are too short for her - but they are usually too baggy. I'm not sure how long Allie is but I would guess that she is probably at this in between sizes stage also. I don't if that helps or just muddies the water.

God Bless!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pink. I would take a mix of 6-9 and a few 12mths, just in case that she is long then many 6-9 mths would still fit, and if not really long but cute chubby baby then some 9 or 12 mths could work. I also agree with the mom on the teething and flying for tylenol, teething rings, or my kids used a paci only for teething with flying. Def use diapers a size bigger than the weight says on the packaging-they ususally fit better that way. Congrats again and all our prayer are with your family during this busy week and week of travel. GOd Bless

Amy S. said...

Absolutely 6/9 months clothes Heather!
Congratulations!

hugs and love

Amy Schwartz

Will write later...

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I have been following your family since 2004 and feel like I know you. Allie is so lucky to be coming into such a wonderful family of love with those big brothers to watch out for her. I will be praying for you as you add to your family. I saw the greatest quote about adoption...it said," adopted children are loved twice, first by the mother who gave birth and then by the mother who gives them a life. They grow under one mother's heart and in the heart of the other."

S said...

God is SO good!!

I could tell you for the millionth time that we're so incredibly happy for you, but I'm sure you already know that! :)

My mom used to tell us a story when we were little about how each person has their own bag of rocks. Each rock represented a time the person had faced difficulty or sadness in their life. Each of us, as Christians, has a choice of what we'll do with our "bag of rocks". We can carry them around for the rest of our lives, adding more rocks to the bag one after another until we don't have the strength to go on. Or, we can take those rocks out one by one (sometimes with tears streaming down our faces!) and choose to use those rocks to build an alter for worship.

How blessed we have been to watch you build an alter these past four years, one rock at a time! It has been equally amazing to see how God has rewarded you in return!

We'll be praying for all that you asked, but especially for a safe trip to and from Guatemala and an easy adjustment for Allie!

Ro, Ro, sa, ta, and so said...

I am crying more happy tears for you! We adopted our daughter from China and know all of the emotions that go along with international adoption. Our daughter joined our family of 2 sons and, yes, it was SO SPECIAL to be able to buy PINK!! Will you bring your laptop to Guatemala? Can't wait to see Allie in your ARMS!!!!

Hugs from WI!
Rochelle

PS...at 16 lbs I would say your best bet is to buy 6-12 month clothes. DRESSES work the best because they work well shorter or a little bit longer (SO COOL that you get to bring DRESSES for your DAUGHTER!!).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Heather and family!!! I'm so happy for all of you. I can't wait to see pictures of your family in Guatemala with your newest baby. I'll be praying for a safe flight and a safe return home! What stories the boys will have when they return to school, something they will never forget. I bet Jacob is running around telling all his friends about his new sister. Congratulations again!! Can't wait for more stories about Allie and the boys!

Anonymous said...

I am crying tears of joy for you and your family! You guys deserve only the BEST from life! Praying for safe travel, and for an easy transition!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! How absolutely exciting! It really makes me want to adopt! I would take a couple outfits in each size because you won't know until she is in your arms. So who is going to win the battle of holding her 1st? :) Jacob has got to have the biggest smile on his face knowing how excited and happy your family is and he has been taking such great care of Allie until you can hold her in your arms. A friend of mine adopted from Guatemla and said the hardest part was the area they got their little guy from was not a pleasant place and they were stuck in the hotel room for 2 weeks because the babies visa was taking longer. I will say a prayer that your trip there and home is filled with only good events! Can't wait to see pictures of her with her brothers!

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo excited for you guys. I know that if you have any Carters brand of clothing then you always need a size larger than what your baby really wears. My son is 12 months old but in carters has to wear 18 month stuff. Old Navy stuff fits him the best in the 6-12 month size. That would be the best to take to her. Of course with girls you can put them in cute dresses and it is comfy for the trip home. COngrats!!!

good counsel said...

Boy it won't be long now your beautiful little girl be home in your arms.I;m so happy for your family,what a beautiful blessing.My prayers are with your family.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Congrats. How exciting. You will all be in my prayers for a safe return and a easy transistion for Allie. 12 months would probably be your best bet on clothes. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

We're tickled pink for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for your family as you prepare to bring Allie home! I can just imagine Jacob jumping up and down in heaven knowing that Allie will be coming home, much in the same way the other three boys have probably done. May you have safe travels and make lots of memories as you become a bigger family! What a joyous time for all of you! God bless you on this next journey!
Katie

Audra said...

I am overwhelmed with Joy for all of you. You all are so deserving of this Blessing, God Knows, He had it all worked out. Your precious Angel is right there with you too! I can not wait to see all the beautiful pictures of Your family coming together with Allie for the 1st time. With so much Love in my heart.
Audra

Anonymous said...

Thrilled, thrilled, thrilled! You have made our weekend! =)

My daughter weighs about the same as Allie. 6/9 months would be perfect.

Praying and F-R-O-G-ging for your journey to pick up Allie!

~Kristin

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I am so completely escatic that your precious little one is finally coming home. Please know I am praying for a wonderful, smooth transition for you all and CANNOT wait to see the pictures! Oh, and Asher is about 17lbs and wears 6/9 month clothes most of the time. Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Oh, WOW!!!!! I am in tears, I'm so excited for you! I'd take 12 month clothes -- they might be big, but they probably won't be too small for her.

I have been following your journey since before Jacob passed, and I am so touched that you still blog about your family, that you let us all in to the celebrations as well as the pain. I am SO THRILLED that you are going to meet your baby girl so soon! HURRAY!!!!

Much love from a goofy stranger ;>

Anonymous said...

As far as sizes I would bring more 12 mo to be on the safe size and a few smaller ones. Ellen

Sarah said...

YIPPEE!! I just got in from out of town and got your e-mail! Yeah! Allie is coming home FOREVER!! I am so incredibly thrilled for all of you!!!

As to clothes... I thikn you will be surprised at how small your little Guatemalan baby is when you get there... I think the 6/9 month size would be about right if not a bit roomy. Sophie was wearing her 6/9 month clothes still at 18 months. But, I have seen some taller and chunkier babies that aren't as tiny as Sophie too... with that said... whatever she wears, she will be GORGEOUS in because she is in your arms forever!!! Dresses are definitely more forgiving of size!! Don't forget socks and shoes as Guatemalans think shoes on a baby are important, even though I prefer little bare baby toes...

I cannot wait to see new pictures of baby Allie!!! Especially with her family!! Have a wonderful pickup trip, it will definitely be a trip that you and your boys will never forget!! Don't miss going to Antigua!!! Casa Santo Domingo is beautiful and so many other wonderful sights to see!

Oh my... I am giddy just thinking of you finally getting your baby girl!!! Take a deep breath and soak up this precious, wonderful time with your daughter!!

Love and FROG!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Anonymous said...

Tears of joy are streaming down my cheeks. I'm so happy and excited for you all. Can't wait to see all the pictures of you first holding your beautiful daughter.
Think that it is terrific that you are taking the boys with you. What a wonderful experience it will be for them.
Saying prayers for a safe trip.

Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.

Carmen said...

Heather, Donnie, and boys I'm so happy for you, I know you are tickled pink and so am I. I can't wait to see the pictures as you each welcome Allie into your loving arms. I'm sure Jacob will be right there with, giving you signs along the way to let you know he is with you. Have a safe trip andgive Allie a big hug and kiss from all her internet family.

Heather said...

Congratulations on going pink!!! I am so elated to hear this news and even more so to hear the pure joy in your writing. I am sure you are joyfully overwhelmed with all the planning. Enjoy and savor each and every one of these moments leading up to this big lifechanging trip. I am so happy for you all. What an incredible blessing:)

My 10 month old weighs 18 pounds and is in 9-12 month stuff. I think that Carters and Old Navy run small. Gymboree fits perfect as she has been 6-12 month and fine for awhile. Dresses are definitely more forgiving as a previous poster mentioned. Have fun packing for your girl:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for all of you. I don't know a more deserving family.

My little girl is 6 mos on the 14th and also 16 lbs. She wears mostly 6-9 mos.

I can't wait to see pictures of her room and of her coming home with her forever family! What a wonderful day that will be!

Anonymous said...

So very ahppy for you! I have a 4.5 year old son and a 10.5 pounds 2-month old daughter. She is still in 0-3 month clothes. I would think Allie's size is 3/6 months based on her weight. I can't wait to see pictures of her with her new family. Congratulations again!

Amy
A reader from Jacob's site.

Anonymous said...

Adoption is such a wonderful blessing! The Lord blessed us twice with international adoption. When I read the feelings that you are having, I was taken back in time to when the social worker called us to tell us our little gifts were going to be flying home to us , and make our family complete.

Your site, and reading about your family has been such a blessing to us. You are a strong and wonderful woman. The Lord has given you many gifts, and I for one am so glad that you are sharing some of them with us, and not hiding them under a basket.

We will be praying for all of you ,and awaiting the pictures of Allie!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and your family. I got goosebumps reading your words!!!!!!!
I can not wait until I see a picture of you holding your baby girl!!! How sweet.
Prayers are being sent. I am sure this will be another one of those bittersweet moments.


Kristine
Hutchinson, MN

threehandprints said...

God is Good! Congrats on the pink slip. I have a 7 1/2 month old who at 6 months weighed a little over 16lbs. He currently wears 9-12 months. I usually go by the weight on the tags(where the size is) to determine the size. We are in a size 3 diaper and just got our first tooth a couple of weeks ago (take a teether!). Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Woo hoo! My baby boy is 4 months old, 18 lbs, and 27 inches. He's in 6-9 month clothing with some 12 month. Do you know how long she is? Two piece outfits might be the safer way to go. And as far as diapers, I had no problems with leaking with my girls, but my boy here is a different story! He's better in a size 3, but the girls stayed with the smaller ones longer with no leaking.
Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pink slip! I would say just take dresses of either size and it will not matter so much if they fit perfectly! Isn't fun to have dresses as an option.

Cindy Agnew

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I have a granddaughter that will be 1 on the 25th of this month and she weighs about 18 lbs and she is in 12 months size. I would take the 12 months size, it's better to be a little big then too small.
Also you asked what we would suggest that you have as a must with a baby in the house. Well, I wouldn't be without Kailey's swing or her bouncy seat and we must not forget the Johnny Jump up. Kailey loves that still.
Congrats on Allie joining your family.
Take care, and most of all have fun with Allie, Jayne Steel

Unknown said...

I have been reading your website for a long time. Jacob and your family are truely an inspiration. I'm so excited that you are bringing little Allie home (I have an Allie too, good name!) I also have another baby girl who is 10 months old. At 9 months she weighed 18 lbs and is very average in size (she just turned 10 months this week.) She is still fitting into all of her 6-9 month clothes, except for pajamas which I have in 12 months. I think you would be safe going with that size. Also, porbably size 3 diapers. Have a wonderful trip!!! Jenny

Libby said...

Hello!

Such a wonderful word - PINK! It's a very exciting time for all of us - knowing of your upcoming journey to claim Miss Allie!

The only advice I can offer to you is to relax and enjoy the process. Allie is a very special person in her own right but is privileged to be joining a very special family. All will be well since it is being orchestrated by an amazing Angel!

Take the time to enjoy the journey and your newly completed family. There will be lots of us thinking of all of you!

Libby Gladden

Anonymous said...

SOOO excited and happy for you!! My daughter was about the same size and the 6/9 month size fit her perfectly. I would take a little of both to be safe. It really just depends on how she is shaped (long/lean or shorter/rounder) and how the clothes are cut. I don't know what the weather is like over in Guatamala, but I would just take a bunch of onsies and maybe some pants/socks for cooler days/nights and just a few cute outfits and you should be set.

Anonymous said...

Heather,

As I said in my e-mail, I got chills and tears of joy at your news! Allie is one lucky little girl!!!!! I think the 6-9 mo size should be fine, it just depends on the maker of the clothes, but dresses seem to fit longer. ( I know I have boys, but my friend has three girls.) One little thing that all the babies I know have loved is Puffs from Gerber, they come in alot more flavors now. I want to go with you! :) May God bless your wonderful journey with your family to bring home one of your own! As usual, your love just comes shining through and does my heart good. I'm sure Jacob's spirit will be with you in Guatemala, making Allie's transition an easier one. (Since they've already met!)

Love and FROG, Shaun

Bobbi said...

I have followed you through Jacob's site, and now to here. We have a son who we brought home from Guatemala in March. He was about the same size, and 6-9 months was plenty big. They aren't very tall little ones!!

Another family who blogs has the same embassy date as you. Their blog is: http://theparentfiles.blogspot.com/

Best of luck. She is beautiful!

Unknown said...

My Finley Jacob is one month older than Allie and he is the same size. He is going into 6-9 months right now.

I am so happy for your whole family. I got tears in my eyes when I read your post. Tears of happiness and joy!

Sue said...

Tickled pink for you here in Walla Walla, Wa. It is about time you had some tears of joy.

Andrea said...

Conrats! We have the SAME Embassy date! How exciting is that. We'll be the first time parents looking like we're deer in headlights ;) How exciting for everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I have tears streaming down my face. I am so thrilled that in just a few short days you will hold your daughter in your arms. I know that Jacob is watching closely over you all and especially Allie right now. Adoption is a true gift from God and my favorite saying is.....All children come from God for some the journey home just takes a little longer.

The first time I held my children was such indescribable joy, and it is amazing that God can make perfect matches for our families a world away.

Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to hear that you have your little girl. Boy, is she in for a wild ride with all those big brothers watching out for her.

Love,
The Lamsams
Helen, Paul and our two China Blessings
Jacey & Alexander

Anonymous said...

So happy for you and your family. Safe travel and wonderful memories.Allie will have the wonderful feeling of big brothers to take care of her. God Bless

Anonymous said...

I know that Kyle, Brandon and Devin are very excited and happy about the prospect of having a sister, but have they ever asked WHY Allie is not with her birth mother. I am sure Allie will transition very well into your family but I think about all the questions your sons might have about adoption. I hope THEIR transition goes well.

Anonymous said...

SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU!!! CONGRATS!!!
The clothes thing...mine were always a little smaller in size. I think 6-9 months is fine, but bring along a 12 month outfit. Mine always had trouble with the waist being too big as the sizes increase. Like the others shorts & dresses are forgiving.

As for the teething, orajel is nice & quick. You may ask your family doc if you could bring some tylenol...they should have a chart & ours always said go by weight. Someboday mentioned the Gerber puffs, mine still eat them. There is also this...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404768&cp=2255981.2256162.2256179&parentPage=family

Mine loved this with melon, ice cubes, bananas, & whatever else.

I'll be praying for a safe journey for all of you!!! GIVE THAT ALLIE XXXs&OOOs...the boys too of course!!!

SS

kate523 said...

At 6 months, my son (now 3) was 18 pounds (50th percentile) and 28 inches long (88 Percentile). He followed the sizes exactly. All kids are different. My 2 year old nephew wears the same size as my son. He's shorter and stocker then My son. I would try to pack a few of both sizes. Pack stuff in the bigger sized that can be easily rolled up if the are too big. I found that with babies, it's there's no such thing as too many clothes.

Good luck, I'm so excited for you. One more thing, someone mentioned that she's probably teething. We were lucky to get through teething pretty easily. One trick I learned with my son's molars was putting a clean wet wash cloth in the freezer or frig for a few minutes. Then, I let him chew on it. That really helped with the teething pain.

Abby said...

Oh what wonderful news!! I have goosebumps too! I'm so happy for you and I know God will bless Allie's homecoming!! I'll be praying for you all!!

Anonymous said...

Make sure and don't look at the months on clothes...look at the length and find out how long she is. My little boy is 25% in weight and 50% in height and is 2 1/2 months old and is wearing 6 month onsies because he is long...check her lenghth...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a deserving family...so much love...and SO BEAUTIFUL! She will fit right in!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! I can't even imagine what you are feeling at this moment. How excting. I would be safe and take a set of 6-9 and 12 months all kids vary, so to be on the safe side bring both! :) good luck, and have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so happy! This is such wonderful news, but of course you are aware of that! =Þ Cannot wait to see pictures of Allie in everyone's arms! I continue to pray for your family, Allie, and all of the wonderful people taking care of her. Have a safe trip!

Smile :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for your family! I can't wait to see a pictur of you actually holding Allie.
Thinking Pink!

Zhohn Dupont
LA

Angel said...

OHHHHH YAYYYYYYY!!!! AWESOME! Angel

Anonymous said...

Congrats for you all! What a blessing! What the heck all kids are so different I'd take a couple outfits of 6-9 months and a couple of 12 months! Safe travels. can't wait to se pictures.

Anonymous said...

praise God! I'm so excited for your family. It's so amazing how fast God moves!
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

WOW .. Praise God Heather...
that is WONDERFUL NEWS!!
Praying for all of you for safe travels to brign Allie home .. and praying for peace for her birth mother as well.
I would bring 9 month outfits personally .. I think they will fit her perfectly.
I agree with you about bringing the boys - this is definately something you want to do together, as a family. And nice, if they can get to the first day of school ..but if not, I am quite confident they will get back into school quite quickly when they get home, kids are so resilient.
Signing off with happy tears for all of you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you.

My little girl was born January 16th and weighs around 16 pounds. I would suggest taking either 6-9 month, or 6-12 month sizes. If they are only one size ( I think Caters brand does it this way) then I would go for the 9 months option.

If you take mostly dresses, the size does not matter as much. They might be a little short or long, but you can not really tell when you are carrying the baby. I had a boy first so this is my first experience with a girl. I find I have been able to keep her in little clothes longer because length isn't as important.

Good Luck with all of it!
Sandy Portis

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for your family.
Praying for safe Travels.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Duckworth family, I'm overjoyed with excitment for your family! Can't wait to see pictures of your new addition in your arms Heather! Have a wonderful trip, yes once in a lifetime trip! Hugs to all! Tammy in Fort Worth

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! How awesome! I'm praying for your family's safe trip there and back. On the clothing note, I have a baby girl, 6 mos, who is 18 lbs. Almost everything she wears now is 6-9 mos. She's a tubby thing, so she looks like a stuffed sausage if I try to put her in anything smaller. Good luck!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Duckworth family,

I am so happy for you.
The sizing of clothes really varies by brand: Old Navy, Gap and Gymboree are big. You would probably do just fine bringing 6-12 months in those brands as it seems she is pretty true-to-size. Other brands run smaller in my experience, so you may want to bring 12 months ... especially boutique-type clothing.

Well, I hope you have an amazing trip. I know you will. I don't know y'all, but you are so inspiring.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Allie is coming home!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am SO EXCITED AND HAPPY for you all. What a wonderful blessing to have Allie coming home so soon! I had tears of joy and goosebumps up my back when I read your fabulous news! You will LOVE having a little girl in the family. We had 3 boys before our daughter was born so I know the excitment of having PINK!! :-) Congratulations and many prayers for a safe and wonderful trip.

Anonymous said...

I just know Jacob had something to do with this! I am so happy for you guys! I have only posted on here once...a long time ago, but I just thought I would post again and tell you just how blessed you are and my prayers go out for a safe trip. Clothes are very hard to determine for a child that age..But my advice would be go a little big, my kids never fit into the size they were sposed to. And she will fit into it eventually! LOL good luck and best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Heather,

That's wonderful news! 11 days will be here before you know it and you'll be holding Allie in your arms!

God bless you!

Kelly said...

I am so thrilled for all of ya'll!!! I had goosebumps reading the first few sentences and then I come to the sentence where you had chills too...so funny! Speaking from a teacher's point of view, there is nothing better than getting to do something firsthand as far as educating your children and letting them experience this once in a lifetime event. Don't worry about missing that first week of school....they will NEVER forget getting to meet their baby sister for the first time and there will be many more 1st weeks of school in their lives.

Now that I can stop praying for PINK, I will now pray for a safe and speedy journey and I emphasize....SPEEDY because I, like everyone else, want to see those pictures ASAP!! :)

Love and FROG!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you :-) I am praying that all will go well!!
Much Love, Sherri
www.caringbridge.org/oh/kara

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
Congratulations on your pink slip-- how incredibly exciting!!! Just wanted to share that my daughter, Emma Kate, is 7 months old and a solid 18 pounds and comfortably wearing 6/9 month size. She even wears some shorts that are 3-6 months. Depending on what brand the shoes are, I'd bet she's still a size one. Hope this helps and thanks for the goosebumps!

Megan Bradley
Columbia, Missouri

Dena said...

Wow! How exciting to see such a wonderful event unfolding for your family! We adopted from China in February and our daughter was about 17 lbs. She fit perfectly into 6-12 months, mostly from Old Navy. Travel tip: pack everything in ziplocks: each outfit, one for socks, diapers, medicines, etc. It makes it so much easier when rummaging through your suitcase, as well as if cutstoms goes through it.
What an exciting adventure you have ahead of you!
Dena

Sandy said...

I too cried happy tears for you and am praying that Allie and all of you are able to adjust to each other quickly.
She will be experiencing a whole new world with a different language, blonde parents and brothers, new routines, etc. etc.
It is wonderful that this little girl is so very wanted.

Anonymous said...

Very happy for your family. What an exciting time. Definitely bring 9 and 12 month clothing. She is beyond the 6 month size. Don't forget the bottle for take offs and landings on the plane, helps the ears. Happy travels, can't wait to see the next family photo.

Anonymous said...

Thrilled to pieces! Can't wait to finally see Allie in your arms! Praying for your journey ~ Kristin

Anonymous said...

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Won't be long now and you will be holding your daughter,what a wonder feeling.,and blessing,I just know Jacob is smiling down on you.Can't wait for pictures of the boys and there new sister.My prayers are with you and your family,and counting the days you will be home with your bundle of joy.
donna

Anonymous said...

Heather, I am a friend of Ann Fregia who directed me to your blog. I have 3 biological boys as well and we adopted our little girl from Guatemala last year. We brought her home at 9 months old. She is now 19 months. Just like Allie, she is an amazing gift from God. I would love to chat with you. My email is amylaurel72@yahoo.com. If you send me an email, I will get my number to you. Too many things to share in type, my fingers would fall off.

Amy in Texas

Jen said...

Angelina (caringbridge/mi/angelina) and family here in Michigan are jumping for joy for all of you!!! How exciting and perfect that Allie is coming home!!!!

We'll keep you in our prayers for safe travels. Can't wait to see more pictures of your newest blessing.

Jennifer
(mom to Stephen, Allison and Angelina)

Anonymous said...

If it's helpful, I have a 4 month old fosterbaby girl who is 15 1/2 lbs and 24 inches. She wears size 3 diapers, and 6 or 6-9 month clothes. Best wishes for much happiness with your new princess.
Dixie in CA

Kelly said...

Heather,
CONGRATULATIONS..Miss. Allie is coming home where she belongs!!! Joshua was the same size as Allie on our last visit trip and he wore 6/9mth. Have a WONDERFUL pick up trip. Take lots of pics so, you can show us your little princesa. God Bless,
Kelly

Maureen said...

Congratulations!! We will pray for safe travels. I think you should take the 6-9 mths clothes with you. How exciting for you and your family! I look forward to seeing pictures of her homecoming!

Maureen Cadle
and Family

Anonymous said...

Oh so happy for you!!!! What a gift from God!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip to Allie!
angela conklin
a friend thru your entries

Anonymous said...

With so many people advising you to put Allie in dresses, one important thing to consider... my daughter hated dresses with lace because the lace is scratchy. But the little all-cotton dresses can be quite comfy. So please don't dress Allie in a pretty lacy dress for her trip home or it is likely you will ALL be miserable.

You are getting a lot of wonderful advice, but with all the love in the Duckworth household, that is the most important thing and you'll do GREAT! Happy for you AND for Allie. God bless.

snekcip said...

Just read the news!! I'm so excited for your family!! I know Jacob is smiling down on you guys! It's been a while since I have had a baby in our household and we have been blessed w/custody of a 4mo old! I say 9-12 month definitely especially in sleepers! The dresses you probably can get in a 6-9! Definitely lots of bibs and teethers! I had to re-learn everything since it has been 18 yrs (yes OUR BABY is 18yrs old)LOL since a little one has been in our home!! Babies are so fun and our kids 18, 20, 22 and 26 are OVERJOYED w/the new baby!! I can't wait for the pictures from the trip, Aug 22nd can't come quick enough!!!