Happy 7 Months, Baby Girl!
The Gift of Life
I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.
~Unknown
I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.
~Unknown
A month ago today we were on the airplane - on our way to Guatemala to pick up Allie. We were so nervous and excited to finally meet our daughter . . . and it was definitely a moment I will never forget. Allie has blessed our family tremendously and given us the gift of JOY, HOPE, LOVE & LAUGHTER. We thank God for her every day and I am so glad that God picked us to be her family. I feel so lucky to be her Momma!
Allie is amazing and learns new things everyday. She is pretty much sitting up by herself - although she still topples over occasionally. She loves to jump and play with toys. Allie is loud and loves to scream for fun. Of course the boys think she is hilarious when she screams - so they encourage her by screaming back. So needless to say - our house is pretty LOUD at times. Allie loves to eat - and gets so excited when she sees her bottle. She babbles all day and started saying "Mamamamama" this week. She can give "High Fives" which makes her brothers so proud. And she is the best sleeper EVER! She goes to bed around 8:30pm and I usually wake her up at 7:30am to take the boys to school. Then she goes back down for a morning nap from 9-11am and an afternoon nap from 3-4pm. WOW! I'm not sure the boys ever slept this good! :) Allie rarely cries - but when she does - she is super LOUD - and usually just hungry or tired. She loves to GO, she loves water and she loves her brothers. She is loving and sweet and will give you big, wet, drooly kisses on your cheek. And she has just been a perfect fit for our family . . . she was meant to be our daughter! Our hearts are so full of LOVE for our baby girl and we are so thankful she is HOME to celebrate her 7th month!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Always give thanks to God the Father for everything. Give thanks to him in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 5:20
Thanking God for the gift of LIFE,

Allie is amazing and learns new things everyday. She is pretty much sitting up by herself - although she still topples over occasionally. She loves to jump and play with toys. Allie is loud and loves to scream for fun. Of course the boys think she is hilarious when she screams - so they encourage her by screaming back. So needless to say - our house is pretty LOUD at times. Allie loves to eat - and gets so excited when she sees her bottle. She babbles all day and started saying "Mamamamama" this week. She can give "High Fives" which makes her brothers so proud. And she is the best sleeper EVER! She goes to bed around 8:30pm and I usually wake her up at 7:30am to take the boys to school. Then she goes back down for a morning nap from 9-11am and an afternoon nap from 3-4pm. WOW! I'm not sure the boys ever slept this good! :) Allie rarely cries - but when she does - she is super LOUD - and usually just hungry or tired. She loves to GO, she loves water and she loves her brothers. She is loving and sweet and will give you big, wet, drooly kisses on your cheek. And she has just been a perfect fit for our family . . . she was meant to be our daughter! Our hearts are so full of LOVE for our baby girl and we are so thankful she is HOME to celebrate her 7th month!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Always give thanks to God the Father for everything. Give thanks to him in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 5:20




25 comments:
Happy 7 Months Sweet Allie!!!! Heather, you can tell by the sparkle in her eye that she is totally happy and belongs to your family. What a great gift you have. May you continue to be blessed.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/hayden
Allie's smil just cracks me up - she is so cute! She is the perfect picture of happiness, love, and joy, and it's obvious how much she is loved by her family. What a blessing!
Happy 7 month Birthday, Allie!
Katie
Happy 7 months Allie!! You are PRECIOUS!
Heather and Family,
Allie is the happiest baby! You are surely blessed. I am sure a special "Angel" in Heaven helped pick her to be your daughter! Happy 7th Month Allie! She is precious and you are very lucky! I am jealous!! I always wanted a girl. But I love my boys to pieces and wouldn't change a thing.
We will be stopping by your church this Sunday, we are looking for A Church to call home. It may be just me, the boys may be skipping over to Busch Gardens.
Again, Happy 7th Month to Allie and Congratulations on your baby girl!
Beth Foster
You have your own little pumpkin this year, I love Allie's orange cap and cannot wait to see her Halloween outfit next month. She has brought happiness to us all, but then she should be a "perfect fit" having been molded by God, to Jacob's specs !
Happy Day, Allie Patricia, we love you, and your family.
Sandy,
Atlanta
I am so happy for your family. What a blessing Allie is. I am sure a special angel picked out that little cutie for your family, the Amazing Jacob just knew that she was yours, and led God to pick her for you.
Happy Seven Months
Heather,
Your family is an inspiration in so many ways. Allie is just beautiful and obviously so so happy to be home. When you get a chance, can you post the name of the agency that you used? We have been contemplating adoption for a while now and I would like some more information! Our triplets are four now and not babies anymore. Your photos of Allie remind me of what I miss so much!! Take care.
Simply AMAZING! She is beautiful and I love that smile!
I just love that smile! Have been checking in on you on a regular basis but have not commented before. Blessings to you all!
Happy 7 months Baby Allie! You were truly Heaven Sent!
Love and Hugs!
Happy 7 months Allie!! Love the gummy grin!!
Love,
Carolein & family
Wow, I thought that baby girl looked pretty in pink but she is absolutely dazzling with that orange against that gorgeous skin and dark hair! Of course she'd look in anything! :)
Thanks for sharing, I get so excited when I open your blog and find new pictures!!
Blessings to all!
Kathy in Texas
Heather! Allie is just THE cutest thing! I love her huge smile! She and Sophie have the same dress! I will have to take her picture in it and send it to you (no hat, though, but a big orange bow)!!
Happy 7 Months sweet girl!!
Sarah and Sophie~Bug
Beautiful post.
Happy 7 months!
Tiffany
She gets more beautiful with every picture! I love the banner you have on top of your blog!
SHe is such a perfect fit with your family! What a cutie- those cheeks... I just want to pinch them and/or KISS them! I am really SO happy for you all- what a HUGE blessing! It has been a month and I still am in awe at the way God picked her just for you! Enjoy these days with her- they go so fast!~ Kate
This BEAUTIFUL post brought both a HUGE smile and brought tears to my eyes. I am SO excited for your family. I just can't wait until our son is added to our already laughable crazy family. :)
HAPPY 7mth BIRTHDAY hope your days was full of all the WONDERFUL things life has to bring.
God Bless,
Kelly
CCI
Can't believe it's been a whole month already! Seems like you just went!
The Lord IS with you! You're in my prayers!
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
She is nothing but an adorable slice of sunshine!
nell
Her smile lights up her face! She is so precious! I can't believe it has been a month since she has been home already!
Oh my gosh. I don't know how you get anything done with a smile like that. I'd be a pile of mush.
I love the outfit! She is absolutely adorable.
We are so very delighted for you that Allie has joined the family! And what a cutie! We followed your caringbridge site for a very long time and shared in the ups and downs (then very big downs and terrible grief) with you. Now, we are so happy to share in the joy!
Heather: Congrats on your adoption with Allie and that she is finally home. She is so beautiful and I know that you are enjoying every minute with her. She is so very lucky to be in your home with all the love that your family has to give. God Bless you Allie!!!! She looks like she was definately ment to be part of your family - her eyes have the same sparkle in them that Jacob had. Have a great time camping.
Allie is SO CUTE! You are truly blessed that god brought this beautiful baby girl to you. I read your blogs and leave my computer smiling.
God Bless Duckworths!
Post a Comment