Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Perfect Day

Hello friends,

WOW!!!
Saturday was the first annual CURE KIDS CANCER CHALLENGE and it couldn't have been a more perfect day. The weather was beautiful and the turn-out was spectacular for a first year event. It was such a blessing to be a part of this and I can't thank everyone enough for all of your help and support. It was such a God-filled day to see everyone come together for such a great cause. And I was so thankful to see so many people from our church, teachers from the boys' school, nurses from the hospital, friends from Jacob's website and families that we have gotten to know that have been affected by cancer come to the walk! It touched us greatly to see so many familiar faces and we are so excited to see everyone get involved. It was truly just a perfect day!

And I am so thrilled to tell you that over . . .

$85,000

was raised through this walk for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation. Isn't that just amazing???

THANK YOU SO MUCH . . .
for donating and volunteering. We couldn't have done this walk without all of YOU and I am so grateful. We have met so many special families during this journey and it was such an honor to work together with them on this project and see God's grace shine through all of them.

I had so many pictures to share that I put them in a slideshow below . . .



Create Your Own


Ending with a scripture . . .

"Now I'm turning you over to God, our marvelous God whose gracious Word can make you into what he wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need in this community of holy friends."

Acts 20:32
The Message

So thankful for my community of holy friends,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello I love the pictures of the fudraiser. I especially love the one where the child who had cancer at 2 was hodling the sign saying she was now 13 . How cool is that .I have no idea why I think this but whenever I see your mom with all of you. She seems like a rock of your family! Just my observation. You seem to have a very close family which is so nice to see.

The Nanny said...

$85,000--that's incredible!

Anonymous said...

Hi! WOW! It is wonderful that the walk raised so much! I love to see everyone coming together- the pictures were great!

Smile :)