Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Slowing Down

Hello friends,

Our days have been so busy lately . . . there is just so much going on right now and I am having one heck of a time keeping up with everything! So much to share but so little time . . . I am always racing the clock! :) Just this week alone I have had 3 teacher conferences, 4 doctor appts, 3 baseball games, 1 meeting about the golf tournament, Allie's portrait appt, and a hair appt. We have Donnie's parents coming in on Friday and the golf tournament is Monday. So life is definitely BUSY with a whole lot of chaos going on! :) Because of this - I am going to be taking a little bit of a blogging break for a week or so. I need to catch my breath and get caught up on laundry, e-mails and thank-you cards. I need some time to slow down . . .

Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you.
~John De Paola

But I do have some things to share before I go . . .

Brandon's procedure on Friday ended up being a little more complicated than we thought. In fact - the dermatologist wouldn't even attempt to remove the granuloma and has referred us to a plastic surgeon. Apparently there are risks involved . . . there is a high risk of bleeding with this type of granuloma and it is near arteries in the neck. And she was concerned about scarring and a biopsy needs to be done . . . not exactly what I wanted to hear! So we have a consultation appointment with the plastic surgeon next week. Poor Brandon is scared to death - so I am anxious to just get it done so he doesn't have to worry about it anymore. And well - truthfully - FEAR is still hanging out in my heart as well. I don't like it one bit when my children are scared or hurting!

Allie is doing great and growing so fast! She started crawling this week and is on the move - definitely hard to keep up with this little one. She is fast and determined and I have to watch her closely because she is into everything. Her little personality continues to shine and we all love the snuggles, kisses and giggles she gives so freely. She is such a blessing to all of us. I have so many pics to share - but haven't downloaded them all yet. Here's a couple of pictures from last week . . .



We also had Allie's portraits done for the first time. We went to Sears - because I wanted a particular background that I had done with all 4 of my boys. (I'll share all of those in another update!) :) Allie wasn't overly smiley during the photo shoot - but we were still able to get some beautiful pics! We have over 47 shots - so I will just share a couple today - and will post more next week.




Shortly after Jacob passed away Donnie's work, Enterprise, came to us and said that they would like to host a golf tournament in memory of Jacob to raise money for childhood cancer research. At last year's tournament over $50,000 was raised and we are excited about


The 2nd Annual Cadillac Invitational sponsored by Dimmitt Cadillac and Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Held In Memory and Celebration of our son, Amazing Jacob Duckworth
on October 15, 2007. The tournament benefits the Pediatric Cancer Foundation and it is such an honor to be a part of this event. We would love for you to join us!



Ending with a scripture that definitely spoke to me tonight as I was feeling overwhelmed . . .

"God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done."
2 Corinthians 9:8
The Message

Covered in blessings,

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Duckworth Family,
You continue to amaze us with your spirit, your love and your endless energy. Hoping the tournament is a great success!

Anonymous said...

Slow down sweet mom, I so agree with you! Cherish each and every moment with Allie and your precious sons. We are so excited for you and your family. However, you need to enjoy and savor each and every moment with each other. I look forward to your updates, but more importantly is the time that you and your family spend together! May God continue to bless each of you!
With love, Lynne B.

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've signed or left any type of comment on your new blog space. I'm SO VERY amazed how GOD is workikng in your family's life. Praying that your little one's procedure goes well w/o any complications. Bless his heart....we will all be praying for him....Also...Allie is such a gorgeous baby girl!! The pictures you post are just adorable. I can only imagine how full your hands are...but I know you are enjoying every bit of it. Praise GOD for all that he Blesses us with.

Anonymous said...

Heather, we went through the exact same thing with Derek last spring that you went through with Allie. Though Derek doesn't have a dimple, but a crooked crack. We sat in the MRI room for over an hour with him and I couldn't help but think of all the families who go through that stress constantly, the worry, the fear, and I just prayed that everything would be well within Derek's body. And it is!

I am confident things will be just fine with Brandon and I'll be praying for his fears to dissipate (and yours too!)

I have always loved that picture that you used of Jacob for the golf tournament--it just makes me smile!

Praying for the Duckworths tonight! By the way, you are entitled to a little slowing down these days.

The Nanny said...

Could that baby be any more gorgeous??? What a beautiful family you have--angels on earth and a very special one in heaven!

I'll be thinking about you all and especially Brandon in the upcoming days. I hope everything goes well!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather!

Just when I think I've seen the cutest photos of Allie, you post even more beautiful photos of your darling girl! She is definitely a happy baby!! My oldest daughter had the same beaming smiles at that age, so I can imagine the joy she brings to your household!!

Thinking of Brandon as he goes in for his procedure - Believing and FROG-ing that it is a simple "fix" with clear results!

May Monday's golf tournament be a tremendous success and a celebration of Amazing Jacob. I sure miss him!

Hugs from CA~

Bobbi said...

Sorry for you and Brandon. I hope that is over soon. Sounds very scary.

Allie is a big girl! Crawling already. They sure do get busy then. My oldest never was overly smiley at photo shoots either. Never fails.

Take some time to relax. Will miss your updates, but you must think of yourself.

Take Care

Anonymous said...

HANG IN THERE, BRANDON. EVERYTHING WIL BE OKAY. THERE'S A SPECIAL ANGEL WATCHING OVER YOU.
YOUR LITTLE SISTER IS A DOLL!!!


JUDY

Amy S. said...

I totally understand about overwhelmness...take a break and you know we will be right here when things calm down and you have some free moments for an update. So precious Baby Allie is thats for sure! Tell Brandon were thinking of him. Funny how you went to "Sears" for that "one" background. We just had Jonathans done at "JCPenny" for I "had to have" the same background as both my children have which hangs on our wall. One problem though...I have searched the whole city for the same frame. Even though its been 20 years since I bought the first one..I have not given up yet...lol.

Love and Hugs...

Amy S. said...

Ps...lol...Allie is the third baby girl this week that I heard is crawling at 7mo. Jonathan just started this week and he just turned 9mo. Guess these boys are slower than the girls...lol

Twisted Branches said...

Gorgeous pictures. That baby is AMAZING! We're saying prayers for Brandon that all goes super well and the dermatologist can find a quick and effective treatment that is easy on this sweet boy.
And, yes, you SHOULD slow down. Take a breath and just be.

Heather said...

Heather and Family- My prayers are with Brandon right now.

Love the Allie pics from Sears:) My little Coryn had her nine month pics taken in that same sweet outfit. You have great taste:oP

I love stopping by and being uplifted with your words and quotes. Thanks for being you!

Anonymous said...

Heather, so glad that you have decided to step back a bit. Your "fans" will truly understand your need to slow down, in light of all that you have been going through.

My best to Brandon. I am sure everything will be fine.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for BRANDON to have an easy time of the procedure he needs and that all will be well when it's over. Alli is such a delight to see in all her pictures. Thank you so much for continuing to share your life will all of us.

Anonymous said...

You have so many wonderful things happening in your life but you do need to slow down just a bit. Know that a very special angel is looking out for Brandon and he will be just fine. Can only imagine how you feel though. Allie is getting cuter with every passing day. When I see pictures of your kids, this big smile comes across my face. I will be out of the country for two weeks so will miss your updates and pictures. Will check on you when I return.
Hoping that you raise more money than last year in that golf tournament on Monday - will keep you in my thoughts.
Sending love and hugs.

Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.

Susan said...

To my precious Heather,

Please know you can count on me to keep Brandon in prayer as you sweat out this consult. Yes, my heart truly goes out to you my friend.

Here is a word just for you:

Psalms 33:20 "We wait in HOPE for the Lord; he is our help and our shield."

I'm waiting with you Heather!

Susan

PS LOVED the pictures of Allie, this child gets more beautiful by the moment.

Sarah said...

Heather... you stay SO busy! Thanks for the beautiful update with pictures of your beautiful princess! Cannot wait to see the rest of the Sears pictures! She looks like a little doll since that smile is almost never missing from her face!

I will keep Brandon in my prayers as he sees the plastic surgeon next week. Morgan had a procedure done when she was about his age too on her face for hemangiomas... the plastic surgeon was wonderful and it was relatively a quick procedure with a laser, but it is never easy to see your children have to go through any of this. I am sure his brother Jacob will be standing by his side the entire time holding his hand!

Enjoy your break and time with your family! I hope the golf tournament is a HUGE success!!

Love and FROG!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Praying that you can find the right person to help Brandon.
Even in the midst of the greatest trials God is still merciful. Know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 118:28-29 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Anonymous said...

She's just so beautiful, isn't she? There are many of us praying for Brandon.......

Audra said...

We continue to pray for your family everyday. Praying for everything to turn out Perfect with Brandon's procedure and for an Amazing turnout for Jacob's Golf tournament.
Slow down a bit, you deserve too, enjoy your family and Life!
Much Love & Prayers
Audra

Anonymous said...

Always thinking about you guys! Have a lovely weekend!

Smile :)

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if I ever told you this but Annalee's nursery was all done in frogs based on a wallpaper I had found. The wallpaper had frogs dressed in all sorts of girly outfits and one of them is on the little outfit Allie has on- I can't believe that! She is such a doll baby! Have a great week and enjoy it all! Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Just reading your latest blog makes me exhausted! I will as always keep your family in my daily prayers and thoughts. Allie is so beautiful and you are definitely blessed! I will pray for Brandon's removal of the granuloma to go with out any complications and with only good results on the biopsy!
May God Bless you and your beautiful family,
Prayers and Frog,

Beth Foster
bellabeth@verizon.net

Tracy said...

Hi Heather-
I wanted to tell you because of your amazing blog and jacob's site I have finally started one of my own-about my family and our journey since my husband was wounded in Iraq a year ago.

Praying for Brandon-it has to be so scary after all that has happened-He is strong just like the rest of your family-plus he has an special angel watching out for him. I have to mention the adorable "Miss Allie'-she is so beautiful and lights up with personality.
And slowing down is ok-we probably all should do that-the world moves at such a fast pace-but will look forward to your next post in the future.

Amazing Jacob and Duckworth Family supporter from Kansas
Tracy

www.pricelessjourney.blogspot

Anonymous said...

When I see these pics of your little girl it just amazes me how quickly she's fit into the family. The Lord surely sent her to you and prepared her little heart to receive all that lovin'!
Know that I care and am still praying!
Colossians 2:2-3 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Kelly said...

Heather....I haven't left a message in awhile for that very same reason....too much going on coming and going! I definitely understand why you need a break and to slow down.
I am sorry you are having to go through this w/ Brandon. I feel badly that he is so nervous and scared. You just want to take away all his fears as any mother would to protect her kids. I am sure all will be well and I hope it is done soon so you can all get this behind you.

The pictures of Allie are just so darn cute! She is so photogenic and I love seeing her darling outfits...she's stylin'!

Take care of your precious family and take some down time for yourself. :)

Love always,
Kelly M.

Dave, Wendy & Justin said...

Heather: You sure have your hands full, but you are so capable of all you are handed. Allie is so beautiful. I am sure the boys just adore her. Not to mention how fun you must have dressing her. I pray that Brandon's situation gets handled quickly and fear free. God bless all of you. You are such a strong individual and I admire that in you.

Anonymous said...

WHAT BEAUTIFUL PICTURES OF ALLIE.
ENJOY THIS WEEKEND WITH EXTENDED FAMILY AND THE GOLF TOURNAMENT ON MONDAY.
PRAYING FOR BRANDON.

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather & Family,

WOW - You guys have been SUPER busy! Allie is just ADORABLE & I know she's heaven sent right from God especially to be in your family! I am just now figuring out that you have a new blog. I kept checking for updates and was hoping that all was going great for you guys. Tell Brandon everyone on The Prayer List will keep him in our prayers!!! Remember my motto in life - a second at a time!!! You guys are soo VERY SPECIAL to our family!

All Our Love, Thoughts,
Prayers, & GREAT BIG (((HUGS)))
Are Coming Your Way!!!
Bill, Stacey, Josh, & Ben
& The Prayer Lists
http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/JOHN316

WORKING HARD TO RAISE CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS!!!

Shannon said...

great pictures! i finally got you on my blog roll, YEAH! stop over to visit us sometime. i'll be back for sure, hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! I hope the tournament was a success!! I am still sending money in Jacob's honor! It is just taking too long, to get it all together.
I can relate to your feeling of being too busy! Don't race the clock, slow down and savor. I know it is easier said than done, especially with a little one! You are so blessed!!!!! I hope that Brandon is doing fine, I have been praying for him, as well as all of you! Allie's pictures are beautiful! All my love to you all! Shaun

Anonymous said...

I ~love~ the newest pictures of Allie!! What a precious little girl she is!! I hope all things went well for Brandon's procedure, too. Sounds like you could use a break from worrying - at least you have faith that God is always on your side. I continue to pray and FROG for your family. God bless you!

sara said...

tgAllie is cute


sara

Anonymous said...

Oooh, got a great poem for you...

Children are sweet miracles
sent by God above
To fill the world with goodness
and the blessings of His love...
They appreciate the simple things,
a bird, a leaf, a flower.
They make believe and fondly weave
new daydreams by the hour.
And in their truth and innocence
there's nothing they can't do.
They keep their eyes on rainbows
and believe in dreams come true.
Yes, children are sweet miracles
sent by God above
To fill the world with goodness and the blessings of His love.

Anonymous said...

I miss your updates and pictures of Allie...and the boys too of course!!! :)
Melissa
Orlando, FL

Anonymous said...

Heather, we are all so anxious to know how Brandon is. I know you are taking a break from posting, but just a shortie, letting us know how he is.

Proud Grandma said...

Allie is sure a beautiful little girl. Tell Brandon that we are thinking of him and hope his procedure went well.
I hope you are all having a great day.

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Just stopping in to say hi and hope you're enjoying your day. Thinking of Brandon... Hope all is well.

Janet DeRosier