We have been busy having lots of Halloween fun! I just love this time of year . . . watching the kids get so excited about all the holiday activities. What a blessing it is to experience everything through the eyes of a child - it just makes life fun. Last Friday we had our annual "Halloween Dinner" with family and friends. We hosted it at our house - but my mom and Nancy did most of the cooking! :) We had mummy dogs, chili, spider bread, eyeballs, witches fingers, monster punch and lots of Halloween desserts . . .
Grandpa will probably kill me for posting this picture - but it is just too funny!
He was playing with the kids.
And then the boys had fun making Halloween cookies and helping Dad carve the pumpkin . . .
We all had fun trick-or-treating last night and the boys got way too much candy - as usual! The boys were thrilled with their costumes and really got into posing for pictures. They were cracking me up as they got into "character". You would never know it by the silly pictures - but all of my guys are really on the shy side. But they definitely know how to cut loose and ham it up at home!
First we have KYLE . . . who has really gotten into the "classic monsters" and that's what he has been for the past several years.
First he was a vampire when he was 6 . . .

Then he was Frankenstein when he was 7 . . .
Then he was a werewolf when he was 8 . . .
This year BRANDON was a great NINJA TURTLE . . .
And DEVIN completely hammed it up as a FOOTBALL PLAYER . . .
And a few more of our fairy princess . . .
And one of the 4 of them together . . . Nothing like a Ninja Turtle, a mummy and a football player protecting the princess! I just love this picture - one of my favorites of the night.
And here is a picture of the 3 new babies on our street. The first one is "home-grown" and is 5 months old. The second one was adopted from Russia and is 17 months old and Allie was adopted from Guatemala and is 8 months old! What blessings!
Brandon goes in tomorrow morning for his surgery. As long as he has no complications - he should be able to come home tomorrow afternoon. We are all ready to get this over with - especially Brandon! Please join us in praying for Brandon's peace and a quick and uneventful surgery. Your prayers are always so appreciated.
Ending with a scripture . . .
"They're holding on, not because of what they think they're going to get out of it, but because they're convinced of God's grace and purpose."
Romans 11:6
The Message



25 comments:
Super pics! :) Thanks for sharing the Halloween fun.
The boys are getting soooo big! They look great in their costumes.
Everybody looks like they had a FUN time...and our little Allie looks so precious and cute. She looks like she just goes with the flow. It was wonderful to see all the pictures. Give Baby Allie a big Hug from Jonathan and I. :)
Love and Hugs..
I have been reading for so long and am always encouraged by your posts. We are adopting a baby from China and look forward to bringing LynnMarie home one day!
Hello Heather,
I've been reading with you since Amazing Jacob!!
CUTE pics of you kiddos! You have a beautiful family!
You are all in our prayers. I'll be praying for Brandon today.
God bless,
Heather
(From IL)
Duckworth's,
What cool costumes boys!!! Glad you had lots of fun!!!
Brandon will be praying for your quick recovery & this will all be behind ya!!!
HAPPY NOVEMEBER!!!
FROGgin
SS
PS They are predicting snowflakes may fly next week!!!
hey guys u all look wonderful in ur costumes... glad 2 hear u all had fun..... u will be in my prayers 2morrow n prayin no complications
Wonderful pictures! I am glad everyone had a fantastic Halloween! Keeping Brandon and the rest of the family in my prayers...
Smile :)
Heather,
i love all the halloween costumes, they all look great. Brandon will be in my prayers tomorrow, I know he will be fine.
Carmen
Brandon is in my prayers.
Looks like everyone had a good Halloween!
Love the pictures!
Praying that all goes will with Brandon's surgery.
It is so nice to see your family having such normal and fun times. :) They all look cute - even the mummy. :)
I'll be praying that things go well and smoothly tomorrow for Brandon's surgery.
God Bless you all.
Oh, they are wonderful ! ! ! Your kids are going to have the best memories of any kids I know. Where on earth does your energy come from (I know where the figure comes from - the energy)?!
The boys are just great, as ever and the first picture of Allie in particular, is just gorgeous, needs to be on your dresser.
Brandon will be on my mind and my frog's all day tomorrow, till I see the good news announcement from his PR person. He will do beautifully, he had the best trainer in Jacob and he will be with him tomorrow I know.
Hug him from me.
Sandy
Atlanta
I love the pictures!!! Looks like everyone had a good time. Praying for peace and speedy recovery for Brandon tomorrow.
FROGing-
Zhohn Dupont
I never realized how much Kyle and Jacob look alike until I saw the picture of Kyle at 6. Wow!
Glad you had a great Halloween. Allie is beyond cute!
I LOVED all of the pictures! Your kids are so beautiful! Little Allie is definitely a princess. Her costume was perfect! She just becomes prettier and prettier w/ each picture that you post, if that is even possible! That Halloween food was something else too. I was very impressed w/ all of the creativity!
Brandon will be in my prayers. I know everything will go smoothly and it will be behind you soon. :)
Have a wonderful, blessed weekend!
Love,
Kelly
Heather:
I just love all your Halloween pictures and the costumes your boys chose! And princess Allie is adorable in hers as well!
I am praying this morning from Brandon that all goes well and he is not too scared or sore... bless his heart. I am sure you will be grateful for it to be over.
Love and FROG!
Sarah & Sophie~Bug
What great costumes!! Thanks for sharing the pictures of the children in their costumes! Hope you all have a great weekend!
Hi Heather, what wanderful pictures!!! they are great! I wish I could make those treats, I will plan to do something that fun for next year, it looks delicious. I can see how much fun all of you had, I think it is so great that you find joy in everything. I was just wandering how the book is going? are you going to look to have it published? Well, have a great weekend! Monica, NY, NY
Thanks so much for sharing all the photos from Halloween. They are terrific and I, too, loved the picture of the 4 all dressed up. Allie looks so very happy and is so cute.
Hope that everything went well with Brandon today.
Sending love and hugs,
Liz Unger
Arnold,Md.
Praying that all went well with Brandon's procedure today, and that he is home getting lots of Love and rest.
Have a wonderful weekend Duckworths.
Much Love,
Audra
Heather, I was so glad to get the call from your mom this morning telling me Brandon's surgery was over, and he did fine. She was hurrying to get to Walmart to buy the alien toy for him:) I'm relieved this is over for Brandon and the whole family, and now you can get back to the normal days of November preparing for Thanksgiving and doing some Christmas shopping. What a happy Christmas for Allie being with her forever family.
I really enjoyed the pictures, and I look forward to seeing more.
Have a fun Saturday and a blessed Sabbath. Love to all, Judy in WV
Praying everything went well with your Ninja Turtle today!
For Prayer Support:
www.asherandjacobsfriends.com
My two little miracle nephews:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/asherandjacob
WHat a beautiful family you have. I love your scriptures, they keep me going these days.
Sig
www.wayhomeforana.blogspot.com
That food looked great....loved the withes fingers....
Just a quick note... my roommates and I watched Spiderman 3 last night and I kept thinking of Devin in his Spiderman 3 pose. hahahaha :)
Smile :)
Post a Comment