Tuesday, December 18, 2007

ICE in Florida!

Hello friends,

Can you believe it is only ONE WEEK till Christmas? The boys remind me each morning how many days are left . . . definitely excitement in the air around here which makes for 3 giggly, silly, bouncing-off-the-walls-boys! :) Of course their excitement is contagious and I can't help but to want to jump up and down in anticipation myself - it is just so fun to watch them all. However, I think I am most excited about having everyone HOME and together for 2 weeks - with no work or school!

We had a fabulous weekend . . . until everyone got sick! We found "winter" in Florida by going to the ICE exhibit in Orlando. Huge sculptures are made from blocks of ice and it is a cool 9 degrees in there! They give you parkas to keep warm and the boys thought it was too cool. Then we went to Downtown Disney for dinner and hot chocolate. We had such a great time - but Donnie, Kyle and Allie woke up with a terrible cold on Sunday. I guess our Florida blood can't handle 9 degree temps! :) Thankfully - it seems to be nothing more than a runny nose and lots of congestion - and it certainly isn't slowing them down . . . But I really hope everyone feels better in time for Christmas.
Kyle ready to brave the cold!
The boys in front of one of the ice exhibits.
We went with my friend, Rhonda, who also has 3 boys - so with my guys and Josh - we had 7 freezing boys!

This picture doesn't do it justice . . .
but this is the ICE sculpture of the Nativity! It was beautiful!

Allie was bundled up! She had fallen asleep during our hour long wait in line - but the cold temps. woke her up when we finally got to go in. She was in a sleepy trance in this picture - but it didn't take her long to wake up and start squealing with excitement. This girl always has fun and just goes with the flow. Yes, she definitely fits right into our family. And Brandon always says that Jacob sent us the best baby ever. We all agree with him!




Allie is definitely the princess in the midst of all these handsome boys! They all dote on her and love on her. There is no way she will ever be allowed to date with this army of protectors! :)


Allie absolutely LOVED Mickey! Needless to say, she will find one in her stocking on Christmas morning! :)



So are you ready for Christmas?? I still have so much to do - but I LOVE this time of year and I know - someway, somehow - it will all get done. I just treasure this time in my childrens' lives . . . so I am trying hard to not worry so much about getting it all done - but rather just enjoy the chaos and live in the moment. :) Life certainly passes us by quickly and I want to savor this magical time of year. And I am constantly humbled by the fact that I need God's grace each day to help me focus on what is important in life . . . I need Him daily to find my JOY and my PEACE - which He always provides.

Ending with a scripture . . .

"Christ brought us together through his death on the cross. The Cross got us to embrace, and that was the end of the hostility. Christ came and preached peace to you outsiders and peace to us insiders. He treated us as equals, and so made us equals. Through him we both share the same Spirit and have equal access to the Father."
Ephesians 2:16-18

Wishing you peace,

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That place looks like so much fun!!! We have been sick too :(

Audra said...

Love the Winter Wonderland! There is one of those in Dallas too, we haven't made it to it but I would Love to go. So glad to see all the Happy Memories being made. You know I am just like you, wanting to cherish Each and Every moment in my children's lives cause it does go so fast and it breaks my heart. I also Need God's grace to help me find the Joy in each moment, sometimes it just gets out of hand with All the hustle and bustle and I find myself caught up in it too. Then I think of Amazing Jacob Duckworth and realize just how Precious this life is and I Stop, calm down and just enjoy the chaos and excitement that my kiddos have during this time of year. It is so priceless and I treasure it.
I Have Not forgotten about Jacob's stocking, I will be putting my donation to PCF and some books in the mail, hopefully tomorrow. Have a Very Blessed and Exciting Christmas...with children, how can you not?!?!?
Love you,
Audra

Sarah said...

That looks like so much fun! I am so happy that you all always live life to the fullest, just like your amazing Jacob! I love that you love your sweet baby Allie so much! She is so perfect for your family and I love seeing pictures of her with her brothers!

Enjoy the chaos of the Christmas... and the calm of the blessings you have in your heart.

Thanks for your Christmas card... it made me smile to see those gorgeous faces!