
My Sweet Allie,
Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! You have only been home with us for 6 months - but it truly feels as if you have always been a part of our family. We all love you so very much and words can't even begin to describe how much love, joy and laughter you have brought into our life! You are a ray of sunshine!
Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! You have only been home with us for 6 months - but it truly feels as if you have always been a part of our family. We all love you so very much and words can't even begin to describe how much love, joy and laughter you have brought into our life! You are a ray of sunshine!
I have loved being your Momma and watching you grow and learn new things. You are such a happy baby and it is so easy to fall in love with you. Today is a bittersweet day as we celebrate your first year of life. I am so excited to watch you reach each milestone - yet it tugs at my heart to see how quickly you are leaving the baby stage and turning into quite the curious toddler!
There are so many things about you right now that I just love. Things that I never want to forget . . . like the way you pull up on my leg. Or the way you lift your little hands up in the air wanting me to pick you up. Or the way you smell right after your bath. Or the way you giggle and squeal when your brothers chase you. Or the way you say Mama. Or the way you lay your sweet head on my shoulder. Or the way you pat my back when you give me a hug. Or the way you think it is funny when I pretend to take a drink from your bottle. Or the way you dance & wiggle when you hear music. Or the way you wrinkle your nose when you don't like something. Or the way you hug your Elmo. Or the way you walk like Frankenstein. Or the way you light up and get all excited when Daddy comes home. I just want to freeze time and savor these moments of sweetness you give us everyday!
I often tell people that you are such an EASY baby - and you are. Truly just the BEST BABY! You have always been a great sleeper, very easy-going and the best eater - EVER! I am one blessed Momma. You are smart, determined, curious, fearless, loving, fiesty, easy-going and sweet - and it is so fun to watch you explore everything around you. You truly have the best personality. You love to snuggle together and read books. You love Elmo & Mickey. You love balls and music. You love to be chased and tickled. You love to go outside to swing or take a walk. You love food - and we have yet to find something you don't like! You eat anything and everything. You love taking baths and will get all excited when you hear the water running to fill the tub. You are just so much FUN!
You do have a temper, though, when we take something away from you that you really want . . . like the TV remote, the telephone or one of your brothers' toys . . . and boy can you scream loud when you are mad! Thank goodness that doesn't happen often - or we would all need earplugs! :)
We are so impressed with your vocabulary and you are saying new words everyday. You can now say Mama, Dada, Bubbas (brothers), bath, ba-ba (bottle), woof, Pooh, Elmo, nana (banana), moo, ball, Bye-Bye, Mom-Mom (Grandmom), Jaja (Jacob). And you can point to your eyes, ears, nose, hair, belly and feet. You are walking everywhere now - although you are still a bit wobbly. And you finally cut your 2 bottom teeth last weekend. You amaze me daily with all the new things you learn and do and I am so very proud of you!
I am so humbled, honored and thankful that God placed you in our lives and chose me to be your mother. It is truly a miracle how we came together as a family and you are so very special to us. Adoption is such a gift of love and we thank God every single day for the miracle of YOU! And although we will miss the baby stage, we look forward to watching you grow into a little girl and we can't wait to experience each step of the way with you. My heart is just filled with so much LOVE for you!
Happy 1st Birthday, Allie!
We love you so very much and are so blessed to have you as our daughter! You are a dream come true.
************************************************
Today we are celebrating Baby Girl! Here are some pictures from her 12 month photo shoot! :) And there is also a video below of her 1st year - with a movie clip of her walking on the beach. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do . . . It makes me smile everytime I see it. And it makes me thank God for the blessings in my life!







As much as we are celebrating today, we are also mourning . . . because February 20th is also the day that Jacob was diagnosed with cancer. Jacob's Site has been updated, too. It is often said that Celebrations and Mournings go hand in hand - and that couldn't be more true - especially today! But how wonderful for God to take such a difficult day for our family and turn it into a day of celebrating. How amazing is that?!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Every good and perfect gift is from God."
James 1:17
Celebrating His gifts,



42 comments:
Happy 1st Birthday Allie - You are such a blessed little girl to have been given a family such as yours. Can't wait to see your cake pictures. Thank you Heather for allowing us - most you don't even know - to share in the joys and tears of your family. You truely are a Blessed family.
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ALLIE!!!!
You have really completed the Duckworth family. I love every picture of you and your super smile! What a special day that you were born, God made it so.
love & prayers
Happy Birthday Sweet Allie!! Your video is so beautiful. God Bless you always.
Happy Birthday Baby Girl!
May you always know how many of us waited for you to arrive to your "forever family" safe and sound. What an awesome experience for our family to have watched every step of the way of your arrival into a family of so much Love and Spirit. It sure has enriched our soul and shown us all a new meaning of "Pure Love".
We love you Baby Girl!
Love and Hugs.
Happy Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Baby Girl...... I love your pictures and your video, my favorite part was you running to the ocean. You are so beautiful and I love the birthday clothes.Allie I wish you the happiest day ever and I know you have one Amazing angel watching over you.
Carmen
Happy 1st Birthdya, Allie!! What a big, smart girl you are.
What a wonderful note you wrote to her. There were tears rolling down my cheeks.
The montage wa just wonderful. What a happy baby!!
Allie is definitely a gift from Jacob. He wants you to spend today celebrating, and not always be sad.
I know you will have both emotions today. May Allie make you smile often today.
Heather you are truly an amazing mother and an inspiration to anyone who visits your website. You have a beautiful family. Allie is adorable....I love her clothes....she is too cute! I remember your family as well as all the families that have been touched by the ugly disease. I haven't experience losing a child, but both of my parents have battle different types of cancer, so I do understand how this changes your life. Thanks for being such an inspiration.
Happy 1st Birthday to Allie!! Such a Beautiful Girl!
Happy birthday, sweet Allie! What a blessing you are to your family!!!
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ALLIE!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE!!
She is such a sweetheart! Your video was great, I loved the music you chose, especially the Martina McBride song. It was bittersweet seeing Jacob. And yes, God is amazing to turn that difficult day into a joyous one! You mentioned how blessed you are and you truly are, Allie is so blessed as well to be a part of such a loving, wonderful family such as yours.
It is easy sometimes as a mother to get caught up in the rush mode of life. When you are knee deep in laundry, you feel like a taxi driver, referree and supervisor of homework among many other duties, you can forget to enjoy these days and to see them as a gift. So thank you for sharing your family and your heart with all of us. It is a great reminder for me to slow down and remember how blessed I am and to savor these special times as they are only children for a short amount of time.
Enjoy Allie's special day!
Maureen
What a sad and wonderful day for you. You are an amazing mom and have a great family. Take care.
Happy Birthday, Allie!! I have never seen such a happy, smily baby before. What an absolute doll.
God Bless the Duckworth family!
My daughter and I really enjoyed the slideshow and I told her of when we spent a lot of time praying for your family, particularly 2 years ago.
It's so awesome to see everyone so happy. Heather, you look fantastic.
Congratulations to your family as you celebrate your precious daughter's birthday.
Allie - Happy Birthday!! Your movie is so beautiful, go tell your family they did a great job capturing all your cuteness. I also loved the clip of you walking toward the ocean, boy do you like water! It's a good thing you live in Florida!!
Heather and family - I went to Jacob's site first, I knew there would be an update there. Then I came over to check on Princess Allie's birthday news. I guess I experienced a small piece of what you experience on a daily basis. I was grieving for Jacob and for your family, but also filled with hope from the words you wrote on his site and then I come over here to FF and felt such joy mixing with those emotions. So powerful to experience all those those feeling at the same time... What an awesome tribute, to both your children. You write so beautifully!!
You guys are in my prayers today and always.
With love, Kyle
Happy 1st Birthday Allie!
What a bittersweet day for your family. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family today and always.
Heather: Can you email me to tell me how you do your headers on your blogs? I can't figure it out.
Thanks,
Crystal Beach
Crystal.d.beach@monsanto.com
Happy 1st Birthday SWEET PRINCESS ALLIE!! Oh Heather I looked at each picture w/goosebumps, where did the time go, it seems you just was planning your departure flight to pick Allie up! As we celebrate Sweet Allie, I also rejoice of your SWEET AMAZING JACOB, I visited his site earlier and commented, the journal entry was nothing short of awe inspiring. I promised to keep this comment short, but as mentioned before that is next to impossible when expressing my compassion for your family.
Heather you and your family paid a heavy price in many ways for your new found knowledge of the pediatric cancer world. Through you, we have followed Jacob's journey and have seen him suffer through things no child should have to go through, we have seen him rise above adversity, we have seen you and Donnie love your children and each other with all your might and have fought hard for Jacob. You were blessed with good doctors, sound advice, loving family and friends, and your own admirable strongwilled, loving personalities. While being among the strongest parents I have ever met, you were not afraid to share your tender hearts with us, you have bared your souls, shared your emotions, fears, fight, devotion, dedication, strength, trials, tribulations, joys, hopes, dreams, and victories...you have shared, with love, your selves, your family...your very lives, and today you have, once again, touched my heart and soul with the blessings of ALLIE in your lives. Through you, we have followed Meghan's journey and have seen her suffer through things nobody should have to go through, we have seen her rise above adversity, we have see you love your children and each other with all your might and have fought hard for her...you were blessed with good doctors, sound advice, loving family and friends, and your own admirable strongwilled, loving personalities. While being among the strongest parents I have ever met, you were not afraid to share your tender hearts with us......you have bared your souls, shared your emotions, fears, fight, devotion, dedication, strength, trials, tribulations, joys, hopes, dreams, and victories...you have shared, with love, yourselves, your family...your very lives, and today you have, once again, touched my heart and soul with the adoption of ALLIE PATRICIA DUCKWORTH. Along the way, I'd love to continue walking this path with you and watch Allie grow and reach new milestones...you KNOW I want.I'd love to see what's in store for her amazing life for I feel as with ALL your kids she will be doing great things!!!! As long as you don't mind us trekkin' along with you... I'm with your family all the way!!! We've got your backs, my friends...and wow do we know how to pray and love!
So as I bring this "novel" to an end I have to say that is the most amazing and beautiful pictures yet! Look at those radiant triuphant smiles!! I found myself searching my soul when my kids reached their 1st birthdays! I remember wishing for that first smile, first tooth, being able to sit, being able to crawl, being able to walk, before I knew it, my little baby was now on it's way to their independence. As they protested at the age of "I can do it myself" as I tried "to help them with little task", I got a little nostalgic because I knew deep down that a few years down the road, that independence would grow and the nest would soon be empty. Our Bree has brought us reassurance that IT'S NOT QUITE THAT WAY YET! As we celebrate with ALLIE'S first we rejoice in Bree's as well. Bree's B-day is March 29th and I THANK GOD EACH AND EVERY DAY FOR HER IN OUR LIVES!!
CELEBRATE WITH YOU IN SPIRIT....SINCERELY LONG-WINDED
DAWN P
PS I cant view the video from work, I can't wait to get home to view it! I definitely will be commenting again LOL
Heather,
Allie is absolutely a living doll!
You always have her looking adorable.
I'm so happy for your family. I know Allie will continue to be a blessing in your lives.
Your family and your story continue to bless me.
Love,
Valerie
Happy Birthday Baby Allie!
Happy 1st Birthday Allie:) What a beautiful little girl.
Happy Birthday Sweet Allie!!!
Oh what a joy you are sweetie.
Now if you get any cuter, I don't think we can handle it!
Thanks Allie for bringing so much joy to your family. You are so loved, so cherished and so MUCH FUN!
I'm praying for you each day, God has some BIG plans for you.
Keep smiling for Jesus!
Susan
Happy 1st birthday, dear Allie! I know how happy and proud all of your family is of you and all of us Faithful Froggers are too! :)
Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Girl!
Heather, I Love the video of all her pictures this year, you are such an Awesome mom and a Blessing to your children too. She is so so Beautiful and I'm Thankful that God chose your family for her to fill your hearts with Love & Joy after such heartache. May He continue to Bless you all abundantly.
With so much Love & Joy
Audra
and how I thank God that I found Amazing Jacob and his family . . .
You have some idea I realize, of how much pleasure, comfort, joy and sadness we have shared but you don't really know just how wide spread it is and just how soothing, healing and joyous it is.
I am so thankful this day that you have Allie Patricia, as God and Jacob intended, squeeze every drop out of every moment . . . but I know I don't need to tell you that, you are the master of that.
Happy Birthday Donnie and Allie !
I am going to Jacob's site now to see "those eyes" !
Love,
Sandy D
Atlanta
Happy Birthday, Allie! I love her birthday photo shoot! She is truly blessed to be a party of your amazing family!
Heather,
Happy 1st Birthday to Allie. I absolutely love the pictures of Allie and also the video. I sat and watched with tears of sadness and joy for such a wonderful family. The pictures of Jacob reaching up to the sky were just perfect. You are such an awesome person and I know that Donnie and the kids are very grateful for the wife and mother that you are. I hope that you can share many many more years with Allie and us which you have shared only 6 months of so far. You continue to be an inspiration to me as you so unselfishly share not only the good times, but the trials and tribulations with us each day. Thank you for having the spirit that you do. I always look forward to coming home and checking your site. Here is to many more years full of joy and laughter.
In Him,
Kelly
P.S. I just love the Birthday hat and when Allie has her pigtails in she is just so cute.
P.S.S. Do you ever lose your patience or have bad days and have mental breakdowns or is that just my crazy life....daily?
Happy first birthday cupcake. Again, I am amazed by your whole family. Those boys are so amazing the way they have loved that new baby girl so totally. You have the right to be proud of every one of them. CONGRATS to all for an amazing work in progress! Birthday blessings to you Allie! Your pics and first year video were absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing! Love, Linda
Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby Girl!! The video was fantastic! The music, picures and that darling video....loved it all!
You are so very blessed, Heather, but I would not expect anything less. You are so deserving of every blessing in life and I know there will be many more to come as you celebrate each milestone w/ your family.
Jacob is surely celebrating w/ you and loving every minute of your happiness. His love and the memories you shared will live on forever in each one of you as you continue to make sweet memories w/ your precious family.
Love and FROG,
Kelly May
Happy Birthday Allie! Beautiful pictures as usual.
Sorry about the messup of names on my comment, my daughter had a phone call come through as I was typing and her name is Meghan! This 43 yr old brain can't do much at one time (LOL)!!
Loved the video, I remember EACH OF THE PICTURES, the song selections were just beautiful!
Happy Birthday BEAUTIFUL Girl!
Heather, I cannot imagine the "bittersweet" emotions you've felt today. HOW AMAZING is our GOD for the birth of your angel on the very date that Jacob was diagnosed??
Our prayers will continue to be with you and your family.
WE LOVE YOU,
Tonya (Spiking HIGH BABY fevers after all those BEAUTIFUL pictures and video of Little Ms. Allie!) ;-)
Happy Birthday Sweet Allie!!!
Heather,
This is just the sweetest age! Izzy is just a few weeks older, so I had to grin as I was reading your letter to Allie. I love it when she pats my back when she lays her head on my shoulder. I'm enjoying watching Allie and the boys grow up in pictures and reading stories about them. The time goes so, so quickly doesn't it?
We can relate to the mix of joy and sorrow that you feel. Avalon's song, Where Joy and Sorrow Meet, has been our theme song this last year. I continue to be amazed at the human heart's ability to feel such highs and lows almost simultaneously. I think it's amazing that God made us that way.
There is a great book I'm reading called, The Shack. It's by William P. Young and it's about a man who lost his daughter and his experience with God. It is fiction, but there is much truth in it... I'm finding a lot of comfort from it. I'm betting it's hard to find a corner of time to read at your house, but if you ever have time, it really is good.
Hope today is a good day for you guys!!
Hugs,
Jenny
(Catie and Izzy's mom)
Dawn(Snekcip),
You asked me to contact you in the last post - but I don't have your e-mail address. You can send it to me in the comment section - but I won't post your message so we can keep your e-mail private.
Thanks for the long-winded message - I loved it! :)
~Heather
Happy Birthday Allie! You are just so beautiful and your smile just fills my heart with joy. I come back to the site over and over in order to get my fill for the day. :)
Heather, where do you find the awesome Frog - Fully Rely on God clip art? I just love the one you have on the top of the page today. They are always so cute.
You have the cutest family ever!
Love,
Dawn
Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Baby Allie! What a princess you are!!
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY ALLIE!!!
Heather,
This post was amazing. Allie is such a BEAUTIFUL little girl. Her littly gummy smile cracks me up. How truly wonderful that God has changed your Feb. 20 date from a sad one to a day that can be joyful in your family. Our GOD is trul wonderful.
Have a GREAT time with your amazing family. Give that sweet Allie birthday ((HUGS)) from KY.
God Bless,
Kelly
Happy Birthday Allie!
Happy birthday, sweet girl...what a special day for a special family. I just cried through the first part of the video...I do believe that your big brother helped God choose just the right little girl to complete this family. May you have many more birthdays full of blessings, joy, and love...
Happy Birthday Allie!!! You are so adorable.
Congratulations Duckworths! You are an amazing family and thank you for sharing it with the world.
Please give that girlie some kisses and snuggles from all us inter-people.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE!!!!!!!
Sorry I wasn't able to get on here on your actual birthday but I am sure you had a great time.
Heather, I know Feb 20th is very bittersweet. I know Jacob was smiling down on all of you while celebrating Allie's special day.
Allie looks so stinkin' cute in all her outfits.
Happy Birthday, Allie! You are such a sweet and beautiful little girl!
Heather, do you mind me asking where you got Allie's birthday outfits? They are absolutely precious. Maybe it's that cutie pie that's wearing them that add to the appeal. If you don't mind, you can email me at acreesefamily@verizon.net. I am looking for something similar for my baby girl's first birthday. Thanks so much!
~ Hollye Reese www.caringbridge.org/visit/kylierae
Happy 1st Birthday Allie!!! What a blessing you have been and will be to your family. You are a beautiful little girl so filled with life and LOVE. Continue to grow big a strong and with a heart filled with the love of Jesus. Enjoy your special day and the many more you will have. Love, Traci Hallmark XOXOXOXOXO
Happy First Birthday Allie!! you are such a cutie! love watching you grow. and your clothes are the cutest :)
Post a Comment