EDITED TO ADD . . .
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SWEET MESSAGES!
It thrills us to share our joy with so many of you who have been there through the hardships and grief with us. :) Now here are a few questions answered . . .
* Yes, Allie got this messy all on her own.
* Yes, there was cake & icing EVERYWHERE!
* Yes, she enjoyed every minute of it - and so did we!
* No, she didn't eat as much as it looks because over half the cake was on the floor, in her high chair & smeared all over her adorable face. :)
* Yes, the dog tried to eat what was on the floor - so we had a baby & a dog on a sugar high last night!
* Yes, Allie slept through the night and felt fine today.
* Yes, my house is loud & crazy with all 17 family members here - but I LOVE it! :)
It thrills us to share our joy with so many of you who have been there through the hardships and grief with us. :) Now here are a few questions answered . . .
* Yes, Allie got this messy all on her own.
* Yes, there was cake & icing EVERYWHERE!
* Yes, she enjoyed every minute of it - and so did we!
* No, she didn't eat as much as it looks because over half the cake was on the floor, in her high chair & smeared all over her adorable face. :)
* Yes, the dog tried to eat what was on the floor - so we had a baby & a dog on a sugar high last night!
* Yes, Allie slept through the night and felt fine today.
* Yes, my house is loud & crazy with all 17 family members here - but I LOVE it! :)
* No, I've never seen a baby have so much fun with their cake - even the boys didn't make that big of a mess.
* Yes - we ALL love Allie so much. She is totally adored by our entire family, especially her brothers.
* Yes, Allie does have an amazing spirit . . . so loving & affectionate, so sweet, so fun! This girl knows how to have a good time and she melts my heart with every smile & giggle. She fills our days with so much happiness.
* Yes, she fits perfectly in our family . . .
* And yes, I had to share the picture above of my girl in an outfit that she got for her birthday. Nancy made it - along with a lot of other beautiful things which I will share soon. But I just LOVE the outfit above. But more than the outfit - I love what's grinning inside of it! :)
Have a great night!
* Yes - we ALL love Allie so much. She is totally adored by our entire family, especially her brothers.
* Yes, Allie does have an amazing spirit . . . so loving & affectionate, so sweet, so fun! This girl knows how to have a good time and she melts my heart with every smile & giggle. She fills our days with so much happiness.
* Yes, she fits perfectly in our family . . .
* And yes, I had to share the picture above of my girl in an outfit that she got for her birthday. Nancy made it - along with a lot of other beautiful things which I will share soon. But I just LOVE the outfit above. But more than the outfit - I love what's grinning inside of it! :)
Have a great night!
*************************************
Hello friends,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DONNIE!
We celebrated Donnie's birthday a couple of weekends ago - but today is his actual birthday. And I just want to wish him the best day ever. He is truly my best friend in the world and since we have known each other since we were babies - I often tell him that I have loved him my whole life - and I have! ;)
We celebrated Allie's 1st birthday yesterday with family. It was such a fun day and baby girl did not disappoint us when it came to smashing her cake. She went to town and had a ball. Allie is just a complete JOY and is so, so precious to all of us! It was such a blessed, fun day. Here are a few of my favorite pictures . . .
Surrounded by all the men in her life!

Knowing how much my baby girl loves food -
we were not surprised that she had so much fun eating her cake!
we were not surprised that she had so much fun eating her cake!


With her boys again!
Believe it or not - she is actually smiling in these pictures.


This picture is funny because the boys were daring each other to give her a kiss. Notice Brandon is watching Devin to see if he would really do it. And in case you were wondering - neither one of them did it! ;)
I'm also posting the video montage we put together of all of her birthday pictures. There are also about 6 video clips from her party - but you have to watch till the end to see her really smashing that cake. She was just so funny and I am so glad she enjoyed her special day.
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Always be joyful."
1 Thessalonians 5:16
Feeling so joyful,
"Always be joyful."
1 Thessalonians 5:16









54 comments:
Heather,
Allie is absolutely adorable, I don't think I've ever seen a baby make that big of a mess. I just loved watching the videos and looking at the pictures. I can tell she had the best Birtday ever.
Carmen
Oh she looks like she just had a blast with presents and that cake. Too funny! She just looks like a ball of fun. Is she a snuggler too in her quiet times? She is so precious. I love the pics. Thank you so much for sharing her birthday.
Happy Birthday Donnie!
Dawn
That video is awesome. I have a 15 month old little girl and she was just dancing to the music. Looked like she (and the rest of the family) had a blast. Thanks for sharing
that was a very cute video!! Happy Birthday Donnie :)
Heather .. Ali is adorable! Love all of your birthday pictures and videos! I have the same video of my son (he's almost 7 now!) eating/smashing the cake - and the same crowd around cheering him on. It's delightfull, and you sure can see how much Ali is loved, she is one special and lucky girl!
This was exactly what I wanted to see. I loved, loved, loved the pictures, video, everything. I love to see it when parents let their kids get dirty and have fun. I bet she is still on a sugar high?
Allison (Allie)
Heather, I have followed Jacob's site for several years following Jacob's journey and have since followed your family's blog. Jacob gave me and still does many opportunities to share God's goodness & Grace. Your writing has inspired me more than you'll ever know. Allie is absolutely precious and how blessed she has been to have been placed into your loving family. God Bless her on her first year and I pray God's blessings on you and your family in the years to come.
I love-Love-LOVE the cake pictures. Thank you for sharing her joy with us all.
Also, Happy Birthday Donnie!
That is the messiest 1st birthday face I have ever seen! She sure enjoyed that cake! Happy Birthday to Donnie and Allie.
A day full of love and laughter! I had tears in my eyes as I watched your video....you could just hear the love in the room! Happy Birthday Allie!
Happy Birthday! Very cute pictures! I love the video! Poor girl with the cake. SO MUCH Kamotion. HAHAH! You got giggling and demands and flashing lights. Shes a cutie! I think you should keep her :)
OMGosh, my cheeks hurt right now! How adorable is she? How is her belly feeling today, I can not believe such a little girl ate so much cake...you said she likes to eat. That was so very precious, thank you for sharing such a precious, special day with us. I Loved it.
Happy Birthday Donnie!
Much Love to all of you!
Audra
Happy Birthday to your husband and a very happy birthday, again to Allie! She is one loved little girl and you can tell she brings your whole family so much joy.
I LOVE the picture of her with her cake. She's so adorable.
Pictures are great. Thanks for letting us be a part of this special day.
Love,
Valerie
Oh Heather,
She didnt disappoint me either in tearing into her cake. I rolled with laughter watching her get icing everywhere! You are truly blessed to have such a precious family!
Casey
Looks like Allie ENJOYED her cake! Glad everyone had a great day.
FROGing-
Now that is what I call a birthday cake enjoyed!
I can hear how much you all love that baby girl in the videos. I just love your family!
Leeann
What a divine birthday and for me, the first time I got to "hear" Allie ! I have wanted to hear a squeal for so long ! ! ! I think you could say the party was a successful - certainly beat the Oscars ! Lady Di had nothing on Miss Allie, did she ?
Thanks so much, I couldn't wait fot the post today and it was classic.
Love,
Sandy D
Atlanta
SO cute! Loved the videos. Looks like she LOVED her cake!! My daughter didn't want anything to do with her cake on her first birthday and just cried when we tried to get her to eat it!
Oh, Allie is such a doll! My kids all had a great time watching her smash her cake to pieces and smear frosting all over her face. What cherished memories those will be! As always, thanks for sharing your beautiful family! I've been reading your entries for years and your family is never far from my thoughts.
Melissa :)
www.withasmile.wordpress.com
What an amazing birthday girl. Her spirit really shows through when she smiles. I truly enjoyed your video.
God bless you and your family.
I must say, I have never seen a baby distroy a cake so well, so put it all over herself like sweet Allie did. It's so obvious how loved she is, and how much she loves her family. I am so happy for you and know that sweet Jacob was looking down enjoying it all too.
Happy 1st Birthday Allie and also Happy Birthday Donnie!!
Love,
Debbie in Ohio
Tears and laughter... That was just too precious. Thank you so much for sharing such special moments with us! I really don't think I have ever seen another baby dig into his/her cake that much! Just too precious...
For Prayer Support:
www.asherandjacobsfriends.com
My two little miracle nephews:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/asherandjacob
Happy Birthday to Donnie and Happy Birthday to Allie!
I, too, have never seen such funny cake eating pictures before! You can tell she loved every second of it.
Great job on the video -- I enjoyed watching it!
I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures and videos. That little girl is just such a joy to watch. Her personality really shines through.
I too have never seen a baby enjoy their cakes that much. My fav. pic was with frosting all over her face, and her hand on her face.
Your house was crazy, but full of such happiness.
Happy Birthday, Donnie
Happy Birthday Donnie!!!
OMG I love the video and the song is PERFECT!! Allie was simply DELICOUS in this montage!! I couldn't wait to see the pics and the update!! Allie NEVER disappoints her audience w/that gorgeous smile!!! What a beauty to behold!
Oh my gosh! What an awesome birthday video! She is going to love that someday when she grows up too!! I don't think I have ever seen such a smashing good first birthday celebration as good as this one!!
Happy Birthday Allie and to Allie's daddy too!!!
Allie looks so beautiful in that darling purple outfit!
Oh Heather! I don't even know what to say! Allie is just so precious! And you my dear deserve every milisecond of the joy she is bringing you! We all know that Jacob had a hand in bringing you to Allie and Allie to you. He sure did do a good job! I imagine his little giggle as he watched the cake escapade from above! Joy all around!
Love,
Jennifer
I love love love the video of Allie's first birthday. You have really captured such beautiful photos and moments of joy! Happy birthday precious one.
Happy birthday to Allie AND Donnie! The pictures are just priceless. What fun! And what a beautiful birthday girl. I thought about you all weekend. I kept thinking, "I bet they are having a fun party for little Miss Allie". I didn't know how much fun you were having! Did Allie go straight to the tub? Anyway, I hope it was a special day for both birthday folks...
Reba
It looks like Allie thoroughly enjoyed herself! What a little ham! I will post Matty's birthday stuff in the next couple of days. He didn't make quite as big of a mess, but I told everyone that it looked like he had attacked a University of Georgia mascot because he had red and black all over his face!!! I wish that we could have been there for Allie birthday. Hopefully we will get the chance to come and visit sometime. I am keeping an eye out for good deals. I am glad that you all had such a wonderful day. Cake is meant to be messy and I would say that Allie did a great job of that. How fun! We love you! I should be sending you something soon so keep an eye out for a package. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNIE!
Oh my! What a messy girl, but oh so cute ;)
I just watched the video and I can tell Allie had a great time. I was laughing along when Allie was smearing it all over her face. I never seen a baby get that messy before. That's great!
Did her hair have purple highlights the next day still?
Thank you so much for sharing a part of Allie's day with us. I know for me it felt like I was there with Allie and her wonderful family.
Oh..My...Goodness!!! I sure looks like Allie had a great time at her party. I don't think I have ever seen any baby make such a mess. Normally they all are scared, but it sure looks like SHE wasn't afraid. I feel for you Heather as I'm sure that was quite a mess to clean up...but well worth it. Have a great day and please give the kids a hug for me. And by the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNIE!!! Maybe the kids can smash a cake in Daddies face tonight. :0) Have a great day!!
I just have to add that Allie is the best dressed baby girl I have ever seen, I just LOVE all of her clothes :) The purple outfit is adorable!
Have a great day!
Love,
Audra
Heather I have to add one more "question answered" Yes Allie is especially loved not to mention that *NANCY IS AN EXCEPTIONAL SEAMSTRESS!!!! What a lucky girl Allie is, I can't wait to see the PROM DRESS that NANCY WILL MAKE (LOL)!!!
LOVE THE OVERALLS!!!!!!!!!!! PURPLE IS ALLIE'S COLOR, AW HECK THAT BABY IS ADORABLE IN EVERY COLOR!!!!!
Heather~
I've followed your story for about the past 3 years...and today, my heart is rejoicing with yours as you've celebrated sweet Allie's 1st birthday.
God truly turns ashes into beauty....and your family, and your testimony of faith is a great faith builder for others.
May God CONTINUE to richly bless you and your sweet...sweet...sweet..family.
Allie is so adorable. We are so happy for you. Happy Birthday Donny and Allie
With Love,
Lauren
happy belated birthday Allie =)
you are soooo adoreable =)
have a great week to the duckworth family
Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Girl!! I'm so sorry that I'm late. It looks like you had a wonderful birthday surrounded by all the friends and family who love you so much. Wishing you many more happy birthdays to come!
Heather,
Nancy is amazing! I love, love, LOVE those adorable outfits! I can't even reattach a button well so I'm extra impressed by her sewing skills. :)
Oh Heather!!
This video is just priceless! I laughed so hard..
Allie is just beautiful, even full of cake, she LOVED it! How precious.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful milestone with us. We have all fell in love with another Duckworth.
Happy Birthday Donnie, looks like Allie stole the show!
Sending many hugs your way Heather.
(I just KNOW one of these days I'm going to get to finally meet you and your beautiful family~)
What fun! Thank you for sharing your special day with us. Today was one of those days I didn't smile that much...until just now! How cute your family is!!
Heather-
I found your blog again! Can you believe our children have been home for six months already1?! Where is time going??
Allie is ADORABLE!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first birthday pictures. The cake pictures are the BEST!
God Bless!
Heather-
I've viewed the post a few times and then spent so much time looking at how BEAUTIFUL Allie is, that I've run out of time to post a comment!! (crazy, I know)
Anyway, happy belated birthday to Donnie!
And Allie - my goodness!! I have never, ever seen anyone enjoy a cake as much as you have. I'm glad mama updated the site and told us that lots of that cake went on the floor because you had me worried about your little belly!! I can see that you had the very best birthday ever and I'm so glad because you deserve it!! You've brought so much joy to your family and the thousands of people who "know" you through this site... you deserve only the very best, just for being you! Love, Kyle
First, happy late birthday to your sweet Allie!~ Last night as I was laying in bed praying God brought your family to my mind. I said a prayer and went on to my next petition and He brought you back. He laid on my heart to thank you for how much I have learned and grown from your sharing and family experiences. I was a new mom when I first "found" your blog 2 and a half years ago. I have cried and laughed with you as have so many others but through your open, honest heart and God I have hugged longer, cherished every moment more, and found perspective in life. I have struggled with my own selfish ambitions but feel God is truly doing a work in me!So thank you and God bless. Our family website is http:\\tenille.blogplot.com
I have never seen a baby enjoy her first cake like Allie did. Her cake looks like face paint on her. I love your blog and so appreciate all that you share with us! I look forward to every new post. Happy Birthday Allie and Donnie!!!
Your friend from WV,
Susan
Heather,
I have followed your story with Jacob for many years but have never written to tell you how much I appreciate your entries. You are truely an inspiration and a wonderful mother. My 18-month old daughter Addy and I check your blog everyday and love reading your updates and looking at the pictures of your beautiful children. She loves looking at the pictures of little Allie. The whole while saying "addy..addy...addy"!! She just squealed when watching her dive into her cake. You have a truely blessed family and are such a wonderful example. Thanks for letting us be apart of it!
Carrie and Addison
Illinois
Now those are some of the SWEETEST pics I've seen! I LITERALLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD at the pic (and explanation) about the dare to kiss her. HILARIOUS! They are 100% boys aren't they?? Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your joy. You're "light" has given HOPE to so many families... ESPECIALLY mine!
Love You,
Tonya
I feel so lucky to have found your blog page, it blesses me every time I read it! You have a beautiful family and your faith and courage are so inspiring! Reading through all of the comments here it is easy to see that you are bringing joy to many, many lives! The smiles on the faces of your children just radiate with love!! And I would love to be able to reach into the screen and give that little Allie a hug, it has been awhile since any of mine were that little.
Blessings to you and your family,
Kelley
Happy Belated Birthday to Allie and Donnie! Thanks for sharing the beautiful birthday pictures.
They brought happy tears to my eyes. Allie is getting more adorable with every passing day.
Sending love and hugs,
Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.
Allie is such a cutie! i love the cake pictures. What a princess. Thanks again for sharing.
I have never seen so much frosting on a baby in all my life! SO FUNNY! My favorite part was when she would say, "MMMM"....it was like she was trying to say, "Mmmm, this is soooo good!" That was priceless!
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful day. You just want to squeeze her after seeing that...after her bath, of course! HA!
Love and FROG,
Kelly
Heather,
This is my all-time favorite post. I laughed through the whole video. You have the cutest princess!
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Ohhhhhhhhhh my gosh! LOL She is beautiful even purple with cake icing!!!!! I am cracking up. She looks like she is at the spa getting a facial. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS GIRL!
How could anyone look at these pictures and NOT burst out laughing?! I've seen many one-year-old birthday parties and many smashed cakes, but this is definitely the first time I've seen one with a purple face! What a sweet little girl and what a perfect addition to your family.
Post a Comment