
Hello friends,
In honor of Mother's Day, the theme for Favorite Foto Friday is . . .
Mommy & Me.
Mommy & Me.
This was a little harder than I thought - because like so many of you - when searching for pictures, I realized that I am not in too many of them! In fact - pretty much the pictures below are all that I have! I am usually the one taking the pictures - so I am not in them often. It made me sad to realize that I don't have that many photographs of Jacob and I together - so I am going to try my best to be in a few more pics with my kids!
But first, I have to wish my MOM a very Happy Mother's Day! I am blessed to have a mom who is also my friend and has always been there for me.
But first, I have to wish my MOM a very Happy Mother's Day! I am blessed to have a mom who is also my friend and has always been there for me.
"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers."
Jewish Proverb
Jewish Proverb
My mother-in-law is a blessing to all of us and my dad's wife has always been a big help!
Here's a picture of all of us together at my baby shower for Allie.
Nancy, me, my mom and my mother-in-law!
I am so thankful for each of them!

I can't tell you what a privilege and honor it is to be a mother to my 5 children. They have all blessed my life in so many ways and I am so thankful and humbled that God chose me to be their mother.
Motherhood has changed me in so many ways.
It is by far the hardest job I have every done - with the greatest responsibility! But there has never been anything more rewarding!
Here is a picture of Kyle and I - when he was about 9 months old!
He made me a mom for the very first time!
He made me a mom for the very first time!
"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone
Of course, in my wildest dreams I never expected to be blessed with triplets. What crazy, busy days those were!
Here I am with my arms full, but loving every minute of it . . .
Kyle was 2 and the triplets were about 3 months old.
Of course, in my wildest dreams I never expected to be blessed with triplets. What crazy, busy days those were!
Here I am with my arms full, but loving every minute of it . . .
Kyle was 2 and the triplets were about 3 months old.
"Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural law."
Barbara Kingsolver
And a few of me with my kids over the years . . .
Kyle
Kyle
Brandon
Devin
Allie
Motherhood has not always been easy . . .
but by far the hardest part was losing Jacob.
I read a quote once about Motherhood being quite tragic because we spend all of our life nurturing, raising and loving our children . . . only to have to let them go as they become independent and need us less.
I have felt the tragedy in those words in the worst way possible
in losing Jacob and having to let him go . . . to Heaven.
I never expected or wanted to outlive any of my children . . .
and I miss Jacob more than words could ever fully express -
but what an honor it was to be his mother. He blessed my life enormously!
"I hold it true, whatever befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all."
Alfred Lord Tennyson
Here are the pictures I have of Jacob and I together.
How I treasure them!
.jpg)


"Love is as strong as death"
Song of Solomon 8:6
"Love it eternal."
Vincent Van Gogh
And a few pictures of me with the kids over the years . . .
Here I am with my boys.
Kyle was 6 and the boys were 4.
Oh, how I love my guys!








With Allie


Vincent Van Gogh
And a few pictures of me with the kids over the years . . .
Here I am with my boys.
Kyle was 6 and the boys were 4.
Oh, how I love my guys!

In the hospital . . . snuggling with all my guys.
"I love these little people; and it is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us."
Charles Dickens
And some Mother's Day pics we took the other day . . .
With Kyle

Charles Dickens
And some Mother's Day pics we took the other day . . .
With Kyle
With Brandon
With Devin
With Allie
And a few with everyone!

I just love the picture below.
Allie isn't looking at the camera - but can't you just see the
JOY
she has added to our family!?

Jacob is painfully missing from the pictures above and oh, how I wish he were there . . .
squeezing my neck!
Allie isn't looking at the camera - but can't you just see the
JOY
she has added to our family!?
Jacob is painfully missing from the pictures above and oh, how I wish he were there . . .
squeezing my neck!
But if you look closely, Jacob is there . . .
in Devin's eyes,
in Kyle's smile,
in Brandon's silliness,
& Allie's JOY.
And always Jacob is there, in my heart forever.
in Devin's eyes,
in Kyle's smile,
in Brandon's silliness,
& Allie's JOY.
And always Jacob is there, in my heart forever.
Ending with a few pics of Baby Girl from the week . . .
This is the face she made when she realized she can't get in her brother's playroom! :)
All I can say is THANK GOODNESS for baby gates!

And look who figured out how to open the doors this week!

All I can say is THANK GOODNESS for baby gates!
And look who figured out how to open the doors this week!
Yep, made it into her brother's room!
Time for more babyproofing . . .
Time for more babyproofing . . .
To visit more Favorite Foto Friday posts or to link your own,
please visit Kiss the Frog 4 Me.
Happy Mother's Day!!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"So commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these words of mine. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, so that as long as the sky remains above the earth, you and your children may flourish in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors."
Deuteronomy 11:18-21
Missing Jacob . . .
but hugging my children tight and thanking God for each of them,



45 comments:
Happy Mothers Day, my dear friend! I L-O-V-E the new pics you took on the black background... you are glowing in the light of your lives!!! Truly a beautiful picture with each of your children and of course, painfully missing your sweet Jacob. I ache for you on Mothers Day as it smacks you in the face that while you are surrounded by your blessings, you are missing that one special little guy to snuggle up with... he made you a mommy too... and I know he has to be missing you too from up above.
Your pictures, quotes and words are always so special... you have a gift. I enjoy bringing everybody together, but am not so great with the words as you are. But, I think we would get along wonderfully someday when we meet and have time to talk and watch our beautiful babies run around.
Love, hugs, FROG and Happy Mothers Day!!!
Melts my heart to see such beautiful happy children. Happy Mothers Day to you.
Allison
I cried when I saw the picture of you and Jacob (I think in the hospital) where you were holding hands and you were looking at him. I can't even imagine how precious every picture of Jacob is to you.
I loved the picture of Allie making the funny face when she couldn't get into the boys' room. I love how her little hand is turned upward - she looks like she is saying "What gives???"
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Love, Hugs, & froG,
Jennifer
Despite your sorrow, I see you have a life full of joy and blessings. Thanks for sharing all your precious photos!
And thanks for sending so many "hits" my way this week. You have a HUGE fan club. :~D
I have an award waiting for you at my blog, when you have a minute.
Have a blessed Mother's Day,
e-Mom @ Chrysalis
Heather~
Thank-you SO much for the priveledge to experience your beautiful children.
They each hold such a special place in your heart...and they LOVE and JOY you have for each of them...is so apparent in your writing.
Praying your Mother's Day is as SPECIAL...as you are dear friend.
Kim~
Oh, I had tears in my eyes reading this post of yours. You can just see the LOVE your boys have for you and how FUN Allie is. You are a beauiful mommy and you just shine through all of your pictures. Happy Mother's Day to you. :)
Oh your pictures just make me so, so happy!!! I look forward to your blog all the time! Happy Mother's Day to one of the best, sweetest moms I've really never met! ha!!! You inspire me!
Mindy
Oh Heather-these words brought me to tears.
But if you look closely, Jacob is there . . .
in Devin's eyes,
in Kyle's smile,
in Brandon's silliness,
& Allie's JOY.
And always Jacob is there, in my heart forever.
What a special little man he is and will always be. You are so blessed by each of your children and I think they are beyond blessed to have you as a mother. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it!!
Loved your post & your pics!!!!
LOVED this post!!!
(& the pics are great!)
Heather,
This was so beautiful, just like you!
Thanks for sharing all these awesome pictures.
I loved the ones with you and Jacob, I miss him too, I think EVERYONE misses Jacob!
I do see him in ALL your children and especially when I look in YOUR eyes...
Happy Mother's Day my special friend♥
Heather - I don't understand a lot of things lately. I love visiting your blog - I am saddened and inspired each time. Your pure joy exists with your constant pain. I just don't get it - why things happen. One of my very dear friends lost her mother last weekend, which seems extra cruel. Why now? Why one week before mother's day?? These are questions I will never know the answer to. That is what I love about you. Your faith in it being OK to NOT know why, to NOT have all the answers - but to still trust Him.
On a different note - your mother is beautiful!
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Heather,
Your pictures are so adorable. Please give all the kids a big hug and kiss for us. I will be looking for cardinals on Sunday as a message from Jacob. I know he will be sending you so many kisses and hugs. Give Baby Girl some love. You are one lucky Mom and you kids are lucky that you are theirs.
Happy Mother's Day.
Lauren
Heather...
How blessed you are! Your mother is beautiful and the kids are so precious. Allie is getting so big!
Through my tears, thank you for sharing your family. And, oh the joy in that precious Allie's face. If only we could all catch some of that!!
I know that memories bless and burn at the same time. Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day.
Sheryl
I love all of the pictures of you with your children. I too, have very few of me with my kids. And, am working on it.
I can't imagine how difficlt life must be without one of your children. Just seeing the pictures brings tears to my eyes. You are right, he is there with you.
Allie certainly keeps you on your toys. Baby gates are great---until they learn how to open them or climb over them.
You all are so good lookin'! Beautiful pictures. I can certainly see the joy Allie has brought--what a smile!
Thank you for the scripture at the end--That needs to go on my list of verses to memorize. Happy Mother's Day!
Amazing pictures as always!
Praying!
Psalms 18:6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
You are a precious person Heather. The current Mother's Day pics are great, you have such a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing some older pics. I can just see the love that you have for your children. :)
I love how you said Jacob IS there, and you mentioned how he is part of each of your other children.
May you have a wonderful Mother's Day.
Thanks for the comment. I figure the least I can do is fight for a cure. Why sit back and do nothing?
Have a great weekend.
Just stopping by to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures. Sending love and hugs.
Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.
Heather,
I love your pictures! They are always great. I love the one of Allie as she's standing outside the playroom and the one of her opening the door. You're in big trouble now! What a cute white bubble outfit! I love it!
I pray that you have a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve the best!
This is one of my all time favorite posts!
AnnaMaria learned how to open doors this week too! Watch out.
Happy Mothers Day!
Hi! Just stopped by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! The pictures are wonderful! Have an incredible weekend! :)
Smile :)
Yeah, I finally can post here. Thanks for sharing your joy in the midst of the sorrow! May the Lord give our hearts grace as we miss our little men. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!
Cindy Morris
www.weloveyoujoel.blogspot.com
Happy Mother's Day to one of the bestest Mommies in the world!!
Heather ~ You got me thinking....I don't have a recent picture of just me and my mom, so this weekend I will be sure to get one. Thank you for your post and for reminding me to do this.
I love all the pics of you and the boys. And Allie's face.....crack me up!! She is definitely a blessing. Her and Jaxon would get along great. He gets into everything too and always wants in his sister's room. Gotta love em!
Sending a Mother's Day ((((((hug))))))!!!
Julie Dell
Happy Mother's Day Heather! Your pictures are beautiful! What I love most about them is that regardless of the occasion of the picture, everyone is so happy and LOVED, you can SEE your mommy and me bond in those precious smiles and moments!
Blessings to you on Mothers Day and always!
Christina
Heather,
Have a great Mother's Day!
Again all of your pictures are wonderful. I have two favorites, the one of you and Jacob sitting in the green chair is beautiful and the one of you with the boys and Allie laughing is priceless.
Have a great weekend.
Happy Mothers Day to you on your fist Mother's Day having a baby girl!
Love and Hugs my Friend!
Happy Mother's Day Heather! Although there is sorrow in your heart, your expression of JOY is greater and what a precious gift THAT is to ALL of your children. I know Jacob is proud of you, and Kyle, Devin, Jacob, Brandon and Allie are Blessed that you are their Mommy.
Have a Wonderful weekend, I'm thinking of you and praying for you!
Much Love,
Audra
As always I receive such a special blessing when I visit your blog. You have a way with words and pictures! Did you take the black background ones yourself? I remember once you mentioned a sheet. Is this how its done? I have a new camera...well, its a year and a half old and I need to take better pictures. Have a Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day. Your precious children are truly fortunate to have you as their mom. I hope they treat you royally tomorrow.
Heather I love the pictures of you with all your babies, each one is so beautiful. I love the new pictures of you with your children, and you are right about Jacob being in all your pictures. I feel him in all your post and can see his zest for life in all your pictures, his spirit and love of life is with all of you. I just wanted to wish you a HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY......
Your Friend Carmen
What beautiful pics---the splendour of His glory! I just found an old picture of my Mom and posted it...it truly is His beauty we see in our loved ones...
Such a beautiful and moving post. My heart aches for your loss of your son. But it soars for you on how blessed you are to have some of him in all your children. Your family is adorable!
Have a very Happy Mother's Day!
FIRST OF ALL, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU. I LOVE YOUR PICTURES, SO BEAUTIFUL AND I ALWAY'S LOVE TO VISIT YOUR BLOG. YOU ALWAY'S HAVE SUCH BEAUTIFUL HEART FELT POST'S.
Such a beautiful post with your gorgeous children! Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day!!!
Jenn B. and family (FOA/FOH)
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Love your Mother's Day post! Especially the part about where Jacob is still here, in the boys, In you and Donnie also, so very true! Hope this day is as special as you! I think you are a wonderful Mom to your boys and baby girl! Hugs from Fort Worth! P.S. the new pictures with the black background are very special, I've never seen you post a bad picture!
Happy Mother's Day!! I hope you are having a fantastic day with your whole family.
Love, Kyle
Wow - Your ENTIRE family is GORGEOUS! Love the pictures of y'all - I need to have some professionals done - YIKES
I hope your Mother's day is full of blessing, joy and LOTS of kisses from your precious ones!
Heather, hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! Love the update and all the pictures.
Heather,
Happy Mother's Day!
Loved the post!
Maureen
I don't know you at all but I feel so much love for your family after reading this. I am sorry for your loss and thankful for your gifts.
My family faced death with my son in October when he had to have a serious open heart surgery and I truly understand what it means to have to just give it over to God and understand our children are not ours to keep but his. I am thankful that my son made it and has been healed by the Lord. I cherish him and will hug him just a little tighter tonight.
God bless you and your family. It brings such joy to see you happy and cherish your children.
Hannah
Oh Heather, I often cry as I look over your blog. I am amazed at how God uses you! And because you are willing, how he uses Jacob to touch those he has never met. Today, I will hug my children tighter, and laugh louder. Thank you.
Darlene
checking in late, I just gotta comment ALL THE PICTURES ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM!!!!!
Post a Comment