We celebrated the boys' birthday on Saturday at their favorite state park. I was worried that it would be too hot - but both Brandon & Devin really wanted to spend the day at the park with their friends. And since they both agreed - which is a miracle in itself - then that is what we did! The park had a field for playing ball and lots of trees to climb so it had something for everyone. The day was perfect and the boys' had a great time - saying it was the best birthday ever! :)
Happy 8th Birthday, Brandon & Devin
The party was so fun for all of the kids. They all went home sweaty, dirty and happy!
They played some ball . . .
I just love the way the sun is shining on them in the pics below.
We sang happy birthday and had some cake -
first to Brandon . . .
And then to Devin . . .
Then we released balloons in memory of Jacob . . .
And we were all thrilled to spot a cardinal at the park!

Then the boys opened their presents!
Baby Girl was there, too,
She played with her buddy, David.
And my neighbor bought her a cheerleading outfit -
so she had fun playing with the pom-poms!
she's showing you her teeth! :) Too funny! This girl just cracks me up.
The boys had a great day!
For those who have time, there is a slideshow below with more pics and video from their party!
And here are a few more pics from the weekend.
Allie was enjoying her new frog pool - in her frog bathing suit!
I don't think she was ready! ;)
The boys' last day of school is Wednesday - and it's only a half-day! We are all looking forward to the lazy days of summer . . . and I am so excited to have my boys home! And I know Allie is going to LOVE having her brothers with her all day. I just love this time of year.
I am going to be taking a little blog vacation as I enjoy the first week of summer with my kiddos! See you all next week! :)
Ending with a scripture . . .
"For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory."
"For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory."
Psalm 84:11





28 comments:
Heather,
Looks like it was a very fun party! I enjoyed the video and all the pictures.
Have a great blog vacation.
What a precious, precious day. Prayers to you my friend...
Happy Birthday Brandon & Devin! Looks like you guys had an awesome party!
Heather, I can't believe how big the boys are getting! Thanks for sharing all the photos. I love the slideshow with video too!
Hi! The birthday party looked like so much fun and there were two cakes! :) Yay! The school year is almost complete! Have a fantastic week!
Smile :)
It looked like a fun party to be at! Looks like each of the boys enjoyed their special time and how great to remember Jacob. I bet when you are gone your boys as men will always remember Jacob because of the way you have kept his spirit alive -- what a gift you have given to your children. I hope you and Alli just enjoy the boys silly this week and the entire the summer. Look forward to the pictures when you begin blogging again.
Hi, Heather. It looks like you all had a great time celebrating the boy's birthday. It looks like so much fun!
Love, love, love the picture of Allie showing her teeth! She is just too cute.
School is out this week for us, too, and I'm also looking forward to some extra play time.
Have a great week!
Looks like everyone had fun. Loved the video. Looks like Allie is taking after her Mom and chasing the boys:>) Maybe she will tell him one day that she gave him the first kiss, just like you do Donny!!
The cardinal picture just sent chills down my spine. He is always with you.
Enjoy the first week of vacation. We still have some time to go here.
I enjoyed your birthday posts and pictures. Enjoy your time away!
Happy Birthday to the boys! WOW! The family looks happy and healthy -- I'm so glad! I haven't posted in quite some time, but I often think of you all, and think of how amazing Jacob was and is, and just wanted to let you know that you are all still in my thoughts and prayers.
What a dollbaby Allie is! I am so glad she's your little girl. What a remarkable journey your lives have been.
Hugs!
Lisa
I can't believe how much Devin looks like Donnie in the picture with the sun streaming through. WOW!
I'm so glad the boys enjoyed their party! Have a wonderful 1st week of summer and I'll "see" you next week!
~J~
Wonderful pictures as always. Love the cardinal, too! Oh I miss cardinals!
Still here, still praying!
Psalms 36:7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
Ok, that made me smile...glad you guys had a fun birthday party.
Have a wonderful week and summer with your kiddos, we are already enjoying the lazy days of summer and I just Love it. Sweaty, tired kids at the end of the day = fun times :) "See" ya next week, enjoy!
Much Love,
Audra
Hope you enjoy the time with your little ones ! going to miss you!
Those pictures are great. Everyone is getting so big. Enjoy the time with the boys while there off. have a great week.
Allison
Heather I'm so glad the boys had such a great day and Allie too...She is gonna be a great cheerleader. Yesterday was Gracie's last day of school. I'm so happy to have her home for the summer. I loved all the pictures and the video. The balloon release or Jacob was so sweet. Have a great week....
Happy Birthday Brandon and Devin! It's so hard to believe you're 8! I remember when you were 4. It looks like the party was a blast. Zech thinks your cake picks were great.
Enjoy your first week of summer together!
Heather- I just love your blog. Your pictures always make me smile. I think that I missed wishing the boys a Happy birthday. Please pass along my belated wishes. The picture of Devin with the son shining down looks so much like Donnie. I've always thought that Jacob was the one that resembled him the most but I see it in all of them.
I was going to email you but I'll just let you know here. I just joined The Littlest Heroes Project so that I can offer my services to children and families that are fighting childhood illnesses. If you know of anyone that could benefit, please send them my way. Everything is absolutely free of charge. You can check them out at www.littlestheroesproject.org.
Oh Heatehr - what great pictures! It looks like the boys (and Allie) had a wonderful time ... I can't believe they are 8 years old ... Allie looks so adorable inher frog bathing suit and who doesn't love a posicle on a hot day! Have a great week off and a great start to the summer ... God Bless!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!
Looks like a wonderful party! Loving the frog pool and the adorable frog swim suit. Allie is just a cutie patootie!!
What a wonderful birthday weekend for your sweet boys! Love all the pics of your little men and little lady, especially the frog pool, bathing suit and dress! Love how Jacob's cardinal showed up for the party too!
Enjoy your first week at home for the summer with the boys! Hope you pop in for FFF!
I loved the birthday pics ~ I love both of their precious personalities. Hope you are having a great week!
Mindy
Heather,
I am so sorry that I am a slacker on getting on here to wish your boys a happy birthday but it was precious seeing the pictures of the good time that was had by all. I know it always has to be a bittersweet day, the joy of Brandon and Dylan celebrating another year of growth and change and knowing that Jacob isn't there to blow out the candles and cut the cake with his brothers. But what a blessing to see that cardinal and know that he's with you all the time and that you celebrate his birth and the special years you had with him.
You are always in my prayers, I miss seeing you and I hope we can get together very soon.
Love and FROG
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org
Thanks for all the pictures and update of the boys' birthday party. The video was great! Loved Allie's suit!!
Thinking of you and praying you have a wonderful summer together with your family. Today is our last day of school so we are looking forward to lazy days and lots of fun!!
Have a super weekend!
love from MN,
Janet
Happy late birthday to the boys! I have been checking in...just had to finish my own last week of school. I have been thinking about you this week...I know how excited you are when you have everyone home together! I cannot wait to hear about your adventures and of course see more pictures.
Reba
What a beautiful birthday celebration for all of your boys. Two different cakes and the balloons for Jacob-what a sweet and special group of little one's you have.
The froggy suit and pool have got to be the cutest pics you have of Allie yet. I loved them!
What an awesome party and weekend! You got some great pictures too!
So I was trying to figure out how to use my rss feed reader and was subscribing to all the blogs that had rss feeds...went down to the bottom of yours and looked at the counter. It said 1000000! Exactly! I was the millionth visitor to the site! And now that I've come back over 800 people have stopped by...and only 20 comments here. What is up with that?!
Anyway, I thought it was neat!
What great pics!! Happy Birthday Brandon and Devin!!
Robyn
Post a Comment