Hello friends,
Vacation is over and Donnie is back to work.
Took over 400 pictures that I need to download & edit.
So much to share with all of you . . .
But no time this week.
Because I am busy savoring the last days of summer vacation with my boys . . .
Took over 400 pictures that I need to download & edit.
So much to share with all of you . . .
But no time this week.
Because I am busy savoring the last days of summer vacation with my boys . . .
Early morning snuggles watching cartoons in bed,
Lazy mornings with pancakes and lots of syrup,
Trips to the pool and sun-kissed faces,
Evening bike rides and backyard races,
Theme park fun,
Games, legos, balls and dinosaurs,
Beach trips to watch the sunset,
Friends playing,
Late-night dinners on the patio,
Movies and popcorn,
Hugs and giggles,
Jokes and silliness,
Kisses and questions,
Sweaty, happy, laughing boys!
Cherishing this time because I know it will come to an end all too soon.
Oh, I am going to miss my boys when they go back to school!
So in the meantime - I am taking another blogging break . . .
because I am busy savoring the last fleeting days of summer - finding the JOY in every minute I spend with my boys who are growing up so fast. Such a bittersweet week!
Have a great day, my friends!
I promise an update next week . . .
when Allie is napping, the boys are in school, & the house is quiet.
Ending with a scripture . . .
"I reflect at night on who you are, O Lord; therefore, I obey your instructions. This is how I spend my life: obeying your commandments."
Psalm 119:55-56




34 comments:
Enjoy these days Heather!!
Hmmm, pancakes with lots of syrup, I'm hungry!!
Blessings my sweet friend♥
So glad your vacation was wonderful. Enjoy this last week with the boys at home. We start school the 25th so aren't far behind you. Oh, how different the school year is from the summertime!
Have a great week!
Wow you dont know how much you miss something until its gone - I've missed reading the happenings in the lives of the Duckworths. But I truely understand. I hope your last days (before school starts) are GREAT and that you savour every minute.
Allison
Enjoy this time you have. Our school system started on Monday. Andrea leaves on Friday for University of Alabama...Joey and I are moving her in. I am excited for her but oh how I am going to miss her!
Hope you have fun this week!
Blessings,
Darlene
Love those kids, they don't stay little for long.
{{Hugs}}
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org
I'm right there with you...trying to hold onto this last week. Finally posted on the camping "experience". You'll have to check it out when you return to blogville.
Yes, Heather, savor the days, it is so bittersweet, sad to see the kids grow up so fast, but so Thankful they ARE growing and ARE Healthy and Happy! I know I try to live by that too, soaking up the time with my Growing Babies. Alec starts Kindergarden and Ava will go to preschool this year! I'm thankful to have Addi who will be home with me for several more years :) I too Love summer, the lazy days of summer, and we are ending our summer by a vacation in Sea Side Florida, soaking up the sun, the ocean, the sunrises and sunsets, soaking up every minute of my kiddos. Enjoy your week my friend.
Much Love,
Audra
We too, are soaking up the last days of summer. Hope you enjoy your time. See you next week with the mega-post!!
I'm with you, Heather! They DO grow up so fast!! :-(
We still have another 3 weeks before school starts here in MN but I know that time will fly by quickly! I, too, am savoring my time with them before four of my five head back to school.
Looking forward to hearing about your vacation. Enjoy your days!!
Hugs,
Janet DeRosier
Enjoy this time with your kids!!!!!!!! We'll all be here when you get back.
Comforting words...know that I'm praying!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Prayer Bears
I hope you have another great week. I cant wait to hear all about your wonderful vacation. Enjoy the last week of summer!
Savoring the last days of summer here too! Except for band camp. But I have one more week of lazy mornings before they all go back. But, I am NOT looking forward to them being gone.
Wow ... your boys go back to school early! Enjoy these last days of summer ... your post made me sad thinking about how fast kids grow up! I can't believe this summer is almost over!
Heather,
Its wonderful to hear you are really savouring every moment with your family. SO important!!
Sounds like you're all having a relaxing and fun time...summer is such a great time of year.
I really love that verse from Psalms too.
Look forward to hearing all your news after your break.
Take care,
Anna
sounds like heaven!!! glad you all enjoyed yourselves.
Heather I hope you all have a great week. Gracie started school on the 6th and I have missed her so much. It's just so quiet when she is at school. She was crying when I picked her up yesterday, she had lost her purse. I took her back in to the office and someone had found it and turned it in. I can't wait to see your new pictures.
Carmen
See you when you are back from break. Enjoy those last days. :)
Savor every moment!!! ENJOY THE REST OF THE SUMMER DUCKWORTHS!!!!
Hi! I've never left a message before, and I don't know how long I've been reading your journals. I know it started with caringbridge. I just wanted you to know how much I admire you as a wife, mother, friend and human being.
Thank you for blogging where people like me can keep reading about your very special family.
Jacquie T
Tucson, AZ
Hey there Duckworth Clan ... we're back from vacation and wanted to stop in to see how your summer is going ... and Happy Anniversary Heather and Donnie - what a wonderful tribute post below! Well I hope you are truly savoring the whaning days of summer ... Jaden starts school in 3 weeks and we are so behind alread - no supplies or clothes yet! Have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!
Enjoy your break - hug them a lot!
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Enjoy your last few days of summer vacation. Summer goes by way to fast for me.
Heather,
Enjoy these last few days of summer vacation with the boys and best of luck to them for the new school year (although I'm SURE they'll do great!).
I do have one question for you, totally off the subject.....I've been pouring over all of your older posts trying to find something you guys had gone to, I believe it might have been Disney related. It was a place made out of ice, or had lots of things done out of ice. Would you still happen to have the link handy for that? We're making a Florida vacation trip soon and I thought that might be a fun thing for us.
Best,
Carolein
Love, love, love your blog name!
Wow . .winding down vacation, the beginning of school, and a possible hurricane? ? ? please keep us updated!
Hope you are able to enjoy these last days of summer vacation without too much headache from the possible hurricane!! Please keep us posted and hope you stay safe! When do the boys go back to school? Take care and praying for you all! :)
No matter what life brings, no matter how dark it gets, we always have hope in the Lord! Praying!
Lamentations 3:21-26 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Prayer Bears
Hi, It's Dana From Laneah's Life. I lost your e-mail address. I wanted to e-mail you. Could you e-mail me again?
I wanted to talk to you about something.
Not that this is what I wanted to talk to you about but have you ever thought about homeschooling. Very few people enjoy their kids as much as you do. You would be wonderful at it. It's not that hard. I miss my kids when they are away also. ---Just a thought :)---Dana
Hi to you all!
You have been in my thoughts so much the last few days - I hope TS Fay isn't causing you difficulty - in facct, I'm hoping it's extended summer vacation for you!
Just dropping in to say HI, and I MISS YOU!!!!!
Looking forward to you next update.
Hope you guys are OK with the storm, I've been praying♥
Heather and Family,
I was just going over your journal from last year, and if I'm doing the math correctly, today marks 1 year that Allie is in your arms! Just wanted to say Happy Allie Anniversary!
Love,
Carolein and Family
Long Island, NY
Heather,
I'm not sure if you received my previous comment. I have been reading about your family for quite a while. I really love reading about your family! I do have a favor to ask of you. A family at my son's school just experienced a tragic accident and their 15 year old son was suddenly killed. Would you please email me at MicheleLangrehr@comcast.net? I have a favor to ask of you :) Thanks so much!
WE MISS THE DUCKWORTH'S!!!
Hope you're enjoying these last days of August (and that you're staying DRY!)
Can't wait to see the back-log of pictures of your beautiful family.
Hi there!
WOW...congrats on the 1 year mark for Allie! How time flies! In looking at the pics you posted from then/now, she has just grown SO fast and is just as darn cute today as she was when you held her the very first time!! What a gem all of your children are!! Take care and praying for you!!
Amanda
Post a Comment