Two years ago we were trying to celebrate our first Christmas without Jacob. It was terribly difficult trying to make the holidays fun for the boys when Donnie and I were missing Jacob so much.
2006
We asked for gift cards, books or donations for cancer research. The response was overwhelming and we were able to collect . . .
Over $800 in gift cards to the Giving Hope Through Faith Foundation
Over 500 books to St. Joseph's Hospital where Jacob was treated.
It was such a special way for us to remember Jacob and honor him during the holidays . . . a way to fill his stocking so that it wasn't empty on Christmas morning and help others at the same time.
I would love to be able to fill Jacob's stocking again this year! If you would like to help, you can send in one of the following donations . . .
1. If you would like to help fund research to find a cure for childhood cancer, then please send in a check or money order made out to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation. These donations will be given to PCF in memory of Jacob.
2. If you would like to help families who have a child with cancer - then please send in a gift card. Gift cards will be donated this year to the Giving Hope Through Faith Foundation. These gift cards will be used to help families battling cancer. Some gift card ideas are: Publix, Sweetbay, Wal-Mart, Target, Gas Cards, Visa Gift Cards and Toys R Us. In these hard economic times - these gift cards really help families who are struggling with hospital bills!
3. If you would like to help kids in the hospital, then please send in children's books that we will donate to St. Joseph's Children's Hospital in memory of Jacob.
He was always thinking of others and wanting to help and I know that this project would honor him in the most special way. So if you would like to help me fill Jacob's stocking this year - and help other children who have been affected by cancer - then please send donations to:
Jacob's Stocking
Tampa, FL 33614
Please note that the address changed this year!!
Oh, how I miss that sweet face. Words just can't describe how much I miss him . . . no words are strong enough to explain how very much I ache for him and wish he were here. We miss his presence, his smile, his JOY - we miss him. How thankful I am for the promise of Heaven so I can see his face again.
This post will stay at the top of the page until after the holidays - and all new updates will be below it so be sure to scroll down! I promise an update soon! :)
Ending with a scripture . . .
"My dear children, let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love. This is the only way we'll know we're living truly, living in God's reality. It's also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves."
1 John 3:18-20
Remembering Jacob & missing him every single day,




20 comments:
What a beautiful way to honor and celebrate Jacob's joyful spirit. Your faith never ceases to amaze me!
Jen
Heather, I am missing Jacob right along with your family always, and esp at this time of year. Oh, I how wish he were here with you, spreading his Joy, Excitement and Love. I will definately remember him and honor him by helping you fill his stocking again this year. Much Love and Peace to you during this time of year.
Audra Deffenbaugh
Heather, I would love to know where did you get that large stocking. I have a six year old little girl and would love to get one for her.
Heather, I have tried several times to post this comment. I hope I have not sent it more than once. I would love to know where did you get this large stocking? I would love to get one for my six year old dauther.
Hi Heather,
My name is Leigh and I have followed your website since it was on caringbridge. My cousin Spencer was diagnosed with a brain tumor about the same time as Jacob and I found your site through his caringbridge site. My mom passed away from lung cancer a year and a half ago and I have followed your blog faithfully because your family is such an inspiration to my husband and I. I was wondering...on filling Jacob's stocking do the books need to be new or can they be gently used?
My heart just breaks when I see pictures of Jacob.
Have a great holiday season and don't worry about blogging; your audience will understand.
Hope you break the record this year!
Continuing to pray!
Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Prayer Bears
Email Me
I will be sending a book your way. What a great way to honor your son.
Happy Holidays
God bless each and every memory of Jacob and all the memories he makes possible for others. Love, Tracy
what a wonderful idea for the stocking. i am in tears, and i will go tomorrow and get a giftcard to help a family for Jacob. Blessings!
Hi Heather! Some girls from my mom's group would like to donate quite a few books to Jacob's stocking but we would rather not pay the shipping. Is there somewhere I could drop them off locally? If not, we will still get them to you. Thank you.
Susan
This is such a fantastic idea. How proud you should be. We will be totally getting our donations in the mail.
Happy Holidays.
The Wesie Family
I wanted to ask if you mind if I linked this on my blog to you? Little advertising so to speak?
All these pictures of Jacob do my heart good. I miss his sweet smiling face.
Thinking about you lots this holiday season. Can't get over how big all the kids are getting!
Sorry I'm a little late posting it up, but I put Jacob's Stocking information up on my site as well. Please let me know if you'd like me to take it down. No hurt feelings, I promise!
http://doucette.typepad.com/wedothings/2008/12/its-that-time-of-year-again.html
What a beautiful idea..I just posted about my friend who lost her daughter....yesterday would have been her daughter's 5th b-day...This is a great way to get through the holidays...I will pass this along to her...you can visit her blog at www.ourplaceofgrace.blogspot.com
any good ideas to remember b-days?? I know yours must be difficult with the other triplets..thanks for sharing, Kristi
I am so excited to participate! I mentioned it on my blog! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Praying that Jacob's Stocking gets fuller and fuller every year! You never fail to amaze me with your faith, Heather. I look forward to reading your blog and my heart aches for you loss. You continue to inspire me to be a better mother to my boys day after day. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Danielle in Valrico
i am in constant awe of your giving kind heart...ability to keep moving with your gorgeous family and of course dressing a girl is fun and you are doing a great job of it - i have been missing from bloggieworld but you have not been missing from my heart
Am crying as I type this.
I am a Momma who has also lost a 6 year old to cancer.
Am also in Tampa for part of the year.. ( and I leave in Seattle area as well)
BIG hugs to you - I just wrote a blog post on our loss..
www.tres-hearts.com
Post a Comment