Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Birthday Celebrations!

Hello friends,

February was a busy birthday month for us! We celebrated my mom's birthday on the first, my nephew's on the 13th, Allie's on the 20th and Donnie's on the 25th. It seems like we had a party every weekend. For such a short month, Feb. was jam-packed full of fun!



Here is my mom with the kids on her birthday. We celebrated with breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then went to the strawberry farm for shortcake and milkshakes. YUM!
DSC_0377

Allie was really into her birthday this year! She was so excited and loved having everybody come over for her special day. And as you can see by the picture, she really enjoyed her Dora cake. The girl loves her some cake! :)
CSC_0069

She also LOVED opening her gifts. It didn't take her long to figure out "presents." And it was so fun to watch her enthusiasm. She gets excited about EVERYTHING! She just makes me smile.

CSC_0067

CSC_0063

For Donnie's birthday, we all headed for the beach! For the past 3 years, we have celebrated Donnie's b-day at a restaurant where you get All-You-Can-Eat pancakes on the beach. We love this place - the food is great and the beach is beautiful. Definitely one of our favorite places to go! Allie really loved her pancakes. :)
DSC_0108

The weather was just perfect! It was a BEAUTIFUL day - although the water is still way too cold for us Floridians to get in. :) The kids had so much fun.CSC_0134

CSC_0137

CSC_0145

CSC_0144

This girl is so animated and expressive. I LOVE it! She just cracks us up.
CSC_0140

CSC_0138

We ended the day back at the house for an ice cream cookie cake! :) It was such a great day spent with all of our family - I am so thankful for days like that! I never take these beautiful days with the ones I love for granted. They are truly a gift meant to be treasured.
DSC_0154

Ending with a scripture . . .

"And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 5:20

Thankful always,

12 comments:

Carmen said...

Heather I love all the new pictures. The ones of Allie on the beach are adorable, she is so sweet. Happy Belated Birthday to your Mom and Donnie...... your new header is beautiful, I love it.....Have a great week....

Sarah said...

You are seriously making me want to move to Florida! Pancakes on the beach?? Short sleeves and blue skies nearly year round?! It must be because your beautiful family just radiates sunshine! What a glorious and fun month!!

Hope you and Donnie had a great romantic weekend getaway too!

Tracy Solomon said...

You have got to get the Blog of the Year award!!! I love coming by here and I just had to leave a message:)

You have always been inspiring and now that I am a bit more back on my computer and not just my phone so much, I will have to make it a point to come by actual pages and blogs some.

Really nice pictures, Heather. Love, Tracy

Jenelle said...

She is so cute!!!!! Very expressive! I love the icing picture. Happy Birthdays!

Pam D said...

Heather, I just love your posts; your joy shines through in all that you write and do. And your pictures are unbelievably beautiful; you just have an eye (and some pretty awesome subjects, too!) for great pictures. Should you ever desire it, I think you could make a decent little income from your photography skills. I'm so glad that it was a JOYful month for you; praying that God bathes you in blessings and joy in abundance, and SO happy to call you friend! hugs....

Jodee said...

Holy moly! You did have a busy February! I love all of the party pictures -- especially the pancakes at the beach! What a fun tradition!

Becka said...

Did you make that ice cream cake? What's in it? It looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

The birthday cake in the face is the best one! You guys really know how to have fun!
I can't imagine anything more comforting than the knowledge that the Lord is holding our hand! Know I'm praying!
Psalms 73:23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Tessa said...

That's a lot of birthdays! How fun! When my grandfather (Papa) was still with us, we used to have a February birthday party because we also had a bunch of birthdays in that month. I like how you spread them out over the whole month instead!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I have followed your blog and love it. Your reminders of enjoying your family are so needed in these fast paced days! I have 4 glorious adopted children. All older and through foster care. I adore them, but I get so wrapped up in life, driving to friends, youth group, soccer, etc.. that I forget to enjoy them sometimes. Thanks for the reminder. Alley's smile is contagious. Have a blessed day!

Tracey Bowry

Bobbi said...

That girl can light up a room!! Her expressions are just great.

Your family is so great. I love how you all celebrate together and have traditions. Your children are very fortunate

Anna said...

They are gorgeous pics Heather of your family. Allie is very expressive isn't she and just adorable in those photos.

The beach looks beautiful and I love the sound of that 'all you can eat' pancake place...yum!!!:)

Glad everyone had Happy birthdays.

Take care,
Anna