When Jacob was little, he used to sing all time and he would always change the verses of the songs. One of his favorites was "It's a Small World." He would always sing "It's a Small World, It's a Pumpkin" . . . and say PUMPKIN really loud. It always made us laugh to hear him be so silly. And now every time we hear that song, we think of Jacob and ALL of us - even the boys - will start singing it Jacob's way. We can't get through the ride at Disney without thinking of Jacob and him singing that song.:)
Well, every night when we put Allie to bed, we sing to her. The other night, Donnie sang "It's a Small World" and sang it Jacob's way . . .
"It's a Small World, It's a Pumpkin.
It's a Small World, It's a Pumpkin.
It's a Small World, It's a Pumpkin,
It's a small, small Pumpkin!"
Allie: That funny, Daddy.
Donnie: Well, Jacob used to sing it like that. (Allie knows Jacob from his pictures around the house.)
Allie: Jacob do it like that. Where Jacob?
Donnie: Jacob is in Heaven.
Allie: With Jesus.
Donnie: Yes, Allie, with Jesus.
Allie: Oh. In Heaven with Jesus. Allie miss Jacob. Mommy miss Jacob.
Donnie: Yes. We miss him very much.
Allie: Sing it again, Daddy.
Donnie: Well, Jacob used to sing it like that. (Allie knows Jacob from his pictures around the house.)
Allie: Jacob do it like that. Where Jacob?
Donnie: Jacob is in Heaven.
Allie: With Jesus.
Donnie: Yes, Allie, with Jesus.
Allie: Oh. In Heaven with Jesus. Allie miss Jacob. Mommy miss Jacob.
Donnie: Yes. We miss him very much.
Allie: Sing it again, Daddy.
So of course he did - again & again. :)
And that night, after Donnie left her room, we could hear Allie talking away on the baby monitor . . .
She would sing, "It's a Small World, It's a Pumpkin" and then she would say, "Jacob do that. That funny. Jacob in Heaven with Jesus."
She said that over and over about 5 times as Donnie and I listened . . . and let the tears fall.
Oh, how we miss Jacob. But how thankful we are that he continues to live on in all of us until we can see his sweet face again.
And that night, after Donnie left her room, we could hear Allie talking away on the baby monitor . . .
She would sing, "It's a Small World, It's a Pumpkin" and then she would say, "Jacob do that. That funny. Jacob in Heaven with Jesus."
She said that over and over about 5 times as Donnie and I listened . . . and let the tears fall.
Oh, how we miss Jacob. But how thankful we are that he continues to live on in all of us until we can see his sweet face again.
"For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died."
1 Thessalonians 4:14



35 comments:
How precious is she. I know I haven't met you guys personally, but I have been following you guys since the caringbridge. I miss the updates on your guy. I can't imagine how your heart aches for him.
Great!! I now have that song in my head. =)
What a precious little girl! I know she would have adored her big brother and loved singing that song with him too! You and Donnie are doing such a good job keeping him with you in all that you say and do. I wish I could take the pain away from all of you... I miss Jacob too and never got to meet him, but through you, I know him too.
Love that silly picture of Jacob... one of my favorites of those big blue eyes!!
What an absolutely precious story. Allie is such a sweet girl and brings so much light to you all. You can just see it in the love :) Our neighbors have a new son from Guatemala and everytime I see him, I think of Allie. I am going to give her your link.
I can so relate to this.
Cassidy talks about Lance all the time.
Hugs.
your strong faith amazes and inspires me as usual, I pray that I can find a drop of the faith that you have
What a sweet post!
OH HOW ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! Allie vocabulary is OFF THE CHARTS!
I got all teary-eyed just reading this entry, I can ONLY IMAGINE how precious it was too hear it.
It is no doubt Jacob was entertaining Allie that night.
Oh how I have always loved this picture of Jacob, those eyes are just the bluest I have ever seen.
How sweet!
That has always been a fav photo of Jacob. It was nice to see it today, it made me smile.
kimybeee
Oh, how I love those beautiful blue eyes. That's what drew me in to Jacob's site in the first place, were those eyes, along with his incredible smile. Sweetest boy.. sitting in Jesus' lap. Hearing music that we can only imagine. One day, he and Allie will hug.. won't that be wonderful? Gracious.. tears are flowing, not for where Jacob is, but for everyone here who misses him so much. "There will be a day, with no more tears.. no more pain.. and no more fears... " Waiting for that day...
Wow....that really, really choked me up. How proud you must be to know that Jacob lives on through so many, but mostly in the heart of his family.
We will always remember your Amazing Jacob with so much love....
Precious..just precious :)
Isn't it strange how even the sweetest things can sometimes be heartbreaking and cause the tears to fall? I'm glad Allie can talk about Jacob and know is in Heaven. I think of you all often...I really do look up to you Heather..even though you have sad times and miss Jacob so much, it is awesome to hear about your happy times. I hope you all have a great week.
love, Christy (Amazing Chloe's mommy)
Wow! What a sweet story! I think the lyrics of "It's a Small World" will forever been modified with Jacob's touch whenever I think of the song. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience!
Smile :)
What a sweet,sweet story. You have a lovely family.
I'm a puddle of tears! That is SO sweet. Death is just so bittersweet. I'm so thankful of the HOPE we have in Jesus but oh how I miss those that have gone on before. Memories are such a comfort yet they always have that little "sting" of awareness . . . I know you miss Jacob so much.
Missi
Thank you for that beautiful story. I am sure the tears were flowing. God Bless you all.
Wow is all I can say. Allie is so smart and I honestly believe there was a special little angel boy that brought her to you. It's like she knows....amazing Heather. I love hearing those stories. Now I will never sing It's a small world without thinking of the Amazing Jacob!
So precious!
Oh, Heather I had to take time to get myself together before commenting. What a moving and precious story.
She certainly is a gift from God and one very special Angel
There is nothing like a Jacob story AND picture to make me smile. Add to it your precious Allie and I couldn't be more uplifted!!!
So PRECIOUS indeed! Sniff.. sniff
xoxo
What a sweet story. :) makes my heart melt.
It's wonderful that Allie can have a connection like that to Jacob...
Know that your family is always in my thoughts and prayers!
Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
Prayer Bears
My email address
How precious! The tears are just flowing. Thank you for sharing
So precious, pass the tissue!
What a sweet, sweet story! And how wonderful that you can share openly with Allie about her special big brother. She may never know him in person here on earth, but she will certainly know him in Heaven.
--Kelley in Georgia
Hi Heather,
This post gave me chills and put a smile on my face as well as a tear. It's like Allie knows Jacob SO well...he is definitely watching over you with Jesus in heaven! Thanks for the pics...I put them on the Tennis Tournament FB Page. Take care and God Bless!
Amanda
I have been a follower since Caringbridge and have enjoyed keeping up with your amazing family. The picture of Jacob is one of my favorites. Those eyes speak volumes. Thank you for sharing such a precious story.
So So Sweet. We all miss Jacob too, and yes, it is a Blessing to "see" him alive in each of you, even Allie! I can't wait to see his sweet face when I get to Heaven.
My heart & prayers are always with you guys.
Much Love,
Audra
I've been thinking of Amazing Jacob all week and just love this post :) It is so precious that Jacob can touch his little sister's life and give you all a glimpse of Heaven through the simple things. Amazing Jacob is greatly missed and remembered!!!
Hugs and smiles from CA!
Jenn B. (FOA/FOH)
Heather...that is just beautiful and so sweet. Allie is just delightful...no wonder you and Donnie were crying!
And from your latest post with all the videos...Allie is adorable...I love her 'All Done'...SO cute!!
And it looks like she had a fantastic birthday.
Take care,
Anna
Out of the mouths of babes. Beautiful!!
Love her.
Love Jacob.
Love all of you!
I do have to tell you, honestly and from my heart, that I think of Jacob so frequently. Just this week, a cardinal landed in the gutter just under my daughter's window. We laid on her bed together and watched him hop from the edge of the gutter to the puddle in the gutter. In and out, back and forth. He was frolicking and we were so tickled by him. We both spoke of and remembered Jacob. We talked about letting the balloons go in the park for him and how your family has changed in so many GOOD ways, even despite no longer having Jacob here on earth.
You all are a part of us.
Hugs and love,
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com
That was simply beautiful! My goodness, what an understanding Allie has at her age. "Allie miss Jacob"...that is too precious. She really understands that he is gone and you all miss him, just amazing.
My Amazing Jacob!!! He does live on in all of you and all of us that love him so! This picture sent a spark to my heart, as I remembered the first time I saw it, when this Amazing child of God came blazing right into my heart. I love that Allie will grow to know more about Jacob through his pictures and your stories. I love learning new things along with her, too!
Post a Comment