Hello friends,
Happy Friday!
I am still trying to catch up on all of my pictures from February . . .
we have been blessed with many fun days!
These are from Valentine's Day . . .
I know - I'm really behind on posting. =)
We drove out to the beach to watch the sunset - but traffic was backed up on the interstate due to an accident - so by the time we made it to the beach, we had missed the sunset. But the kids had fun anyways and Donnie & I laugh about how we spent V-Day on a dark beach w/ 4 wild, but happy kids. Ahh, blessed indeed!



We spent a fun day at the zoo . . .

And went to Universal Studios . . .




Baseball season has officially started and we spend many nights at the ball field!
As you can see, Allie follows her brothers all around during Devin's games. They are always so good with her - melts my heart everytime!


Brandon literally finds a FROG everywhere we go. He is definitely our nature guy!

Devin at Opening Ceremonies - Let the games begin!

And a short clip of one of Devin's hits that my dad & Nancy recorded . . .
We also spent the afternoon at the Strawberry Festival!
Allie got all decked out in her strawberry attire for that. :)

And we had Brandon's class hamster pet for the weekend! That was fun for the kids - but was a good reminder as to why we will NEVER own a rodent. :) Our dog, Minnie, was fascinated with the hamster, though, and this picture reminds me of the movie, BOLT.

But as with LIFE . . .
happiness & sadness go hand in hand.
Donnie's grandfather passed away this week and will be missed so much. He was a wonderful man - always smiling, always positive, always filled with JOY.
He leaves behind his wife of over 50 years,
3 children, 8 grandchildren, 6 great-grandchildren.
He lived a good & happy life.
Here he is Christmas 2006 with his wife and great-grands.
Here he was showing Kyle his coin collection.
As humans, we were created to LOVE.
And we do with all of our hearts . . .
passionately, deeply, unconditionally.
And that is why it is so hard for us to let go
and give our loved ones back to God -
Because we love them so much.
But because God loves us,
he gives us the promise of Heaven
and the hope of seeing our loved ones again.
I just can't wait for that reunion!
I can only imagine the joy it was for Donnie's grandfather to see Jacob again! =)
Ending with a scripture . . .
“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life."
John 6:47
Believing,




35 comments:
My prayers are with your sweet family during this difficult time. Yes, I bet that reunion was glorious, makes me smile.
I'm happy to see all the fun that you guys have, you truly live life to the fullest. Ya'll had an awesome teacher :)
Much Love & Prayers
Audra
Enjoyed your catch-up post! Sounds like a great way to spend Valentine's Day. Have fun w/baseball. We just finished basketball.
Sorry for the loss of Donny's grandfather.
Allie gives me a glimpse of what Abby looked liked before Leukemia, and the blessing of seeing what she'll look like again soon...
Brent (Abby's Dad)
www.riggsfamilyblog.com
Heather, I love the tribute to Chark. He was a great man and loved his family with all his heart. The picture of he and Betty and the great grandkids is beautiful. My heart goes out to Betty as she faces the future without her beloved. Hopefully Kit & Cindy's new baby will bring joy into her life.
Great update Heather! Loved the pics of the kids, especially Allie in her valentines day outfit. Such a cutie. And the frog pic looks good enough for national geographic. I am sorry about Donnies Grandfather. It sounds like he enjoyed a long, happy, and blessed life with his family though so I know you rejoice in that fact and the fact that he is now with his heavenly father and also Jacob.
Hi, Heather. I LOVE all of the pictures. I especially love the first one. The boys are really growing up. Brandon and Devin are getting so tall! I know this is a difficult time of year coming up. I'm praying for you all as you miss Jacob.
I always love your pictures. Allie is growing so fast. So are the boys but it seems that you notice it more in the little ones.
I'm so sorry for your family's loss but it sure sounds like Heaven has gained a lot! Just imagine how happy he and Jacob are to finally be together again!
Stay safe in this blustery weather. Say a prayer for my sweet boy, Chase. He's spending 40 hours in a box to raise awareness to homelessness. It started last night and goes through first service at church in the morning. So far he's had one donut, a PB&J and he had to answer questions to get a package of animal crackers that he has squirreled away for dinner. I'm heading out in a few minutes to take some pictures of their camp. I'll post them on my blog if you're interested in seeing them.
I love the way Devin is sitting with his papaw looking at the coins. That looked like a very special moment for them.
I love the song by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton about what they are gonna do when they get to heaven. I can't think of the name of the song right now, but I have told my family that I want it played at my funeral because it says not to be sad about leaving here. I think the name of it may be "When I get where I'm going". It is a very inspirational way to look at death from a faith filled perspective.
kimybeee
As always, the pictures are beautiful. I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers!
Beautiful children!! So sorry about Donnie's Grandpa. Loss is so hard..at any age.
I'm sure Jacob was beside himself...if he could pry himself off of Jesus' lap! :)
Heather and family, I'm so sorry to hear about Donnie's Grandfather. I know it must bring you some peace to know he has reunited with Jacob. Hugs from Fort Worth.
So sorry to hear about Donnie's grandfather! My thoughts are with all of you!
I love baseball season! Go Devin! :) Brandon's class has a pet hamster?! I love that! Allie's strawberry attire is too cute!
Smile :)
Hi Heather - long time reader of yours and Jacob's websites. Once, a long time ago, you mentioned a favorite online shoe store that you used to buy for Allie. I have searched through your archives and I can't find it. Please remind me! I would love to check out some of their deals.
Thanks so much and God bless!
Maria Wright mwright121@bellsouth.net
Heather,
So sorry to hear about Donnie's grandfather. Praying for you all!
And just loved all the photos and video of your kids...they are so photogenic...and Allie is as gorgeous as ever.
Thanks for sharing and take care,
Anna
I'm sorry for your family's loss. I love the way you worded the last about the reunion of loved ones---it will be awesome!!!
I love the frog picture in this post. Allie is DARLING as usual. Her outfits are so cute!
It was good to catch up! I've been an awful blog reader lately, but at least I've been posting again! There's only so much time. :)
Oh, Heather, I LOVE all the pics! Man, I've fall SO BEHIND when it comes to visiting my bloggy buddies! Your kids are getting SO BIG! It's always so much fun to see them in pictures. You can almost see their spunk and of course their love for each other. I SO WISH we lived closer to each other! ☺
LOVE YOU!
Heather, can you please email me at sarahr531 at yahoo dot com? I saw your post on fb about your illness. My 11yo is having much the smae experience this week - I'd love to be able to talk with you about it....
Heather ~
After your facebook status message, I'm worried about you. Please update and let us know if all is well.
Thinking of you and praying everything is okay.
Love,
Jennifer
Sorry to hear about your loss. It sure was a hard week. My friend passed away last weekend, her and her dd were hit by a drunk driver, killed on the scene. I enjoy your blog so much! niki in az
Oh my... I always love looking at your pictures! And about the time I finally comment on these, you'll have a new post out. I love blogging and blogs, but I think we need to add at least 2 more hours in the day to accomodate the whole blog thing. Yes? Do I hear an "amen"?
I just wanted to let you know that I was in Target on Friday (visiting my mom.. not even my OWN Target!) and I saw "The 30 Day Shred". I told my mom what you'd said about it, and then started to move on to another aisle. But it was like something had my hand in a steel grip, and it made me reach up and grab the video. My mom's mouth flew open, and she said "You aren't really going to get that, are you?" And I didn't say anything, just put it in the cart. Got back to her house, and put it in. Level 1.. less than 10 minutes of it, no lie, and my body does indeed feel shredded. I am quite sure that I'll thank you later for changing my life, but right now, IF I could lift my arms high enough, I just might wring your neck! lol... really, it is an amazing video.. tell us more about how it's working on YOU! hugs.... (well, darn.. I can't do THAT, either... I'll just blow some air kisses, cause at least my mouth still works!)
I'm worried about you!
I'm praying for you!
Much Love,
audra
Hey Girl,
It's Mary Lynn...I nominated you for an award. Check out my link and post the award on your blog. Just copy it from my link. You deserve it and more. All the best to you and your family!!
Love,
Mary Lynn
Awww love the beautiful photo's...
I am so sorry to hear about Donnie's grandfather!
It is always a blessing for me to see all the smiling Duckworth faces! You are like my family.
Things have been busy here, and then sometimes not so busy. I still have not gotten around to facebooking it yet. Not sure if I want to get addicted to it. :)
I do love you all!! Have a blessed day!! (I know you will!)
Heather,
I am usually a lurker, however, I felt like I needed to post to tell you I hope everything is ok, since no update.
Shannon
Hey just checking in. I have been checking your site pretty much every day but haven't seen any updates and just wondering if everything is ok. Sure miss the updates. Take care and God Bless. P.S. The pictures of the kids and family are awesome. Debbie
Thinking of you and hoping everything is going well.
Hi Heather!
I haven't left a comment for a while. I've been thinking of you quite often lately so I've been sending prayers your way. Hope all is well there.
We have several cardinals that stay here through the winter and they continually remind me of your sweet Jacob. Oh, how I have always loved his brilliant smile...from the first time I saw it on your site!!
Many blessings and Happy Spring!
Love from MN,
Janet Derosier
Where are you guys? Are you all okay? Did I miss something? I don't remember you saying that you would be away for a period of time. Hope all is okay...Love you guys! Jan
Hey Heather! Missing you!!! I hope and pray that all is well.
I hope it is okay, but I used a picture of Jacob on my blog post today (Sunday, April 18th). Your sweet son still affects my life.
Hugs to you and your precious family!
Sure sad about your Grandpa. I am so sorry. Been missing you. It's been so long since you updated. I am praying all is well.
Where are you? Is everything O.K.?
Miss your blogs.
Dana in MD
I miss your blogging, Heather, and hope that all is well!
Happy Birthday Kyle! You are so handsome, thanks for letting your Mom take those great pictures of you! I hope you have a very special day, and all your wishes come true! Hugs from Fort Worth!
Happy Birthday Kyle! I hope you had a great birthday!
Heather - I really miss your updates. I hope you are OK and are able to update soon!
Post a Comment