Monday, June 1, 2009

3 More Days!


Summer is getting closer . . .

and closer . . .


Almost here . . .


Just 3 more days . . .


Until we can do this everyday -
instead of just on the weekends! :)
Woo-hoo!



And yes, in 3 days my oldest child will officially be heading to Middle School!
He has been enjoying the last days of elementary school . . .
lots of fun activities - including a field trip to Epcot!
Thursday will be the the 5th grade award ceremonies and then the entire school and all the parents "clap-out" the 5th graders as they leave elementary school for the last time!
Lord, help me! I will need a whole box of kleenex for that. :)



We are also getting very close to my brother's wedding!
Steve & Rhonda got married last August, but they are having their wedding in 2 weeks - and we are ALL
looking forward to this very special day. ♥ I have a feeling another box of tissues will be needed. :)


And June 12th will be Jacob's 3rd Birthday in Heaven. This time of year brings on a flood of emotions. His time on earth was way too brief, but I am so thankful to have had those 6 wonderful years with my amazing boy. He is forever a part of my heart!


Definitely a very busy, blessed & emotional time in our lives! Holding tight to God's hand and listening to His voice in all that we do.


Ending with a scripture that I know is so true . . .

"We will find grace to help us when we need it."
Hebrew 4:16

Only by His grace,


18 comments:

Sarah said...

Enjoy your summer, Heather!! Congratulations to Kyle on middle school! What fabulous and gorgeous kids you have! Sorry we will miss you while in FL next week...

Big hugs to all of you!!!

Tracy said...

Those are such gorgeous pictures,especially Allies one she looks so happy! Hope you have a great summer.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE summer too!!!! My kids last day is on Thursday!! BUSY AND fun!

hugs,leslie

Brandi said...

This is my first time. . what a precious blog! We have some friends in common (Angel @ www.thevoiceofadventure.com) and Michelle (www.riggsfamilyblog.com)

Angel mentioned that you might be interested in a free book. Tom Davis just published his first novel, "Scared" about a little girl in Swaziland. It's really good! He asked me to find big bloggers who he could send free copies too! Angel mentioned you. Let me know if you'd like a free copy to read and maybe blog about.

Thanks!
Brandi
PS Your slip and slide pics are ADORABLE! And. . I'll be praying for you right now in this crazy busy and often emotional time.

My Life said...

Happy summer fellows! And, Heather, you may have to buy stock in Kleenex with all the crying you'll be doing the next few weeks. LOL Just kidding!

And I will definitely be thinking of you on June 12th, which is also the day my father has his surgery. Prayers will be said in abundance on that day.

Big hugs to you!!

The Moore's said...

Nothing like summer fun.....Love the picture of Allie sliding. You can tell she is loving it....

Bobbi said...

Never a dull moment at your house! You always amaze me with all that you and your fmailies do. The wedding sounds fun, and I know it will be beautiful. We are heading to middle school too, so I feel your pain!!

Rest up!!

Reba said...

I love the idea of a "clap out"...but I got teary just thinking about it! We have one more year left of elementary school with our oldest. I am already dreading next year. I love your pics. I think my favorite is Allie sliding on her tummy. She looks so grown up! Will be thinking of ya'll especially this coming next couple of weeks.
Reba

snekcip said...

LOVED THE PICTURES W/THE PHRASES! HOW PERFECT!! You have a very busy summer!!! We celebrate with you, we rejoice with you and most importantly WE GIVE THANKS (with you) TO GOD, FOR PRECIOUS JACOB!!! What an amazing young man!

Christine said...

I just love summer too! Praying you through these next few weeks of emotions!

Laurie said...

I found your blog through Jodee, and today I spent 20 minutes watching the boys' birthday video. It was so touching and beautiful- and the SMILES!! They just melted my heart! You have a beautiful family!

Susan said...

Hey Heather,

Oh these were great pictures!! Your boys are so handsome...

Allie is blossoming right before our eyes. It only seems like yesterday she captured all our hearts.

Praying for you during this month.

Remembering Jacob always!

Blessings♥

Monica said...

Good luck tomorrow on Kyle's last day of elementary school!! It's hard to believe how fast they grow up!!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Dena said...

I want to spend summer in YOUR backyard!!!

Audra said...

I'm like you, I LOVE the lazy days of summer! I Love having my kids at home with me. You guys have fun on your trip, I know you will be heading out this friday, I will be praying for you during this month as well...I know it must be so difficult, walking with grief and Joy. I'm so thankful to God for the Joy in your life.
Much Love,
Audra Deffenbaugh

Audra said...

I have been thinking a Lot about Jacob, esp in the upcoming anniversary of his Heavenly Birthday, I remember so vividly this time 3 years ago, crying out to God to heal Jacob on this earth, down on my knees begging for His Mercy. As I sit here and recollect that time, the horrible outcome (for US, wonderful for Jacob) I feel Just as hurt, sad & broken, as I did 3 years ago! I miss that precious, Amazing boy so much. Heather, you ALL are Never far from my thoughts and prayers. I'm praying you through this time.

Have a wonderful vacation sweet Duckworth family.

Much Love,
Audra

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Heather,

Was hoping that you might link to my fundraising raffle. There are so many wonderful prizes to win and all the money raised goes to a wonderful cause.

Thought your readers might be interested. I am trying to spread the word so that I meet (and possibly beat) my goal!!

Come on over and enter to win huge prizes!!

Although I am still happily accepting (and pushily begging) for donated prizes for my fundraiser, I decided to get the ball rolling.

http://www.firstgiving.com/hallietwomey

PLEASE click on the link and enter to win. And forward it to as many people as you possibly can.

I am DETERMINED to raise a tremendous amount of money in my Dad's honor.

And by donating, people have a chance (or many chances!) to win some fantastic prizes!!

So it's a win-win situation for everyone!!

Thanks so much!!

Hallie