Hello friends,
Time has been flying by and I can't believe the summer is already half over! Lately it has been hard for me to find time to blog . . . the boys are home and our house is always full & busy. This time with them is precious and I don't want to miss a thing! So I think I am going to take a "Summer Hiatus" and take a break from blogging for the rest of the summer. Too busy living life to be blogging! :) I appreciate you all checking in on us - but FAMILY is most important to me right now. I feel like the kids are growing so fast . . . I want to just savor every moment.
But before I sign off for the summer, I will share some wedding pictures! :) Rhonda & Steve had a beautiful, mountain wedding in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. The day was just perfect in every way and we are so happy for them. I pray they have a lifetime of LOVE together.
Time has been flying by and I can't believe the summer is already half over! Lately it has been hard for me to find time to blog . . . the boys are home and our house is always full & busy. This time with them is precious and I don't want to miss a thing! So I think I am going to take a "Summer Hiatus" and take a break from blogging for the rest of the summer. Too busy living life to be blogging! :) I appreciate you all checking in on us - but FAMILY is most important to me right now. I feel like the kids are growing so fast . . . I want to just savor every moment.
But before I sign off for the summer, I will share some wedding pictures! :) Rhonda & Steve had a beautiful, mountain wedding in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. The day was just perfect in every way and we are so happy for them. I pray they have a lifetime of LOVE together.
The Happy Couple! :)
Our family on the deck of our cabin before the rehearsal dinner.
Allie was a beautiful flower girl!
And she did a fantastic job walking down the aisle! I was so proud of my girl. :)
Rhonda, Steve & the boys
Jackie, Rhonda & I at the reception

The most amazing moment was when we saw this cardinal out the window behind Steve & Rhonda while they were cutting the cake. I ran outside to get his picture. This was truly one of the most awesome cardinal sightings ever for us! I love these reminders of Jacob . . . God is so good.

We spent 10 wonderful days in the Smoky Mountains. It was pure heaven!
I love these pics of Allie!

She truly takes my breath away!

The most amazing moment was when we saw this cardinal out the window behind Steve & Rhonda while they were cutting the cake. I ran outside to get his picture. This was truly one of the most awesome cardinal sightings ever for us! I love these reminders of Jacob . . . God is so good.
We spent 10 wonderful days in the Smoky Mountains. It was pure heaven!
She truly takes my breath away!
My crew! Oh, how I love them to pieces!

We spent the 4th of July at Disney and had such a great day! The boys wanted to get there when the park opened at 8am and stay till is closed at 1am - and we did. It was a long day, but so much fun! Great way to spend the 4th - and Allie loved it all!


We spent the 4th of July at Disney and had such a great day! The boys wanted to get there when the park opened at 8am and stay till is closed at 1am - and we did. It was a long day, but so much fun! Great way to spend the 4th - and Allie loved it all!
Thank you all so much for all the messages and e-mails on Jacob's Heavenly birthday. We are always so deeply touched that Jacob is remembered and loved so much by all of you. Please know how much we appreciate your kind words and prayers.
"Today I know that such memories are the key not to the past, but to the future. I know that the experiences of our lives, when we let God use them, become the mysterious and perfect preparation for the work He will give us to do. "
~Corrie Ten Boom
I hope you all have a fun & safe summer! I'll check back in after school starts in the fall. And for those of you on FB, I will see you there. :)
Ending with a scripture . . .
Romans 5:5
With love to all,




43 comments:
OMG we have been busy too!! BUSY is good!!!
OOOOOHHH your children are gorgeous!!!! Allie is sooo pretty as flower girl!!!
hugs,leslie
Heather, if anyone should know the importance of LIVING in the moment, I would think it would be you! Facebook makes it so easy for you to give quick updates and pics, and if you're too busy for that? Well, so be it. I'd hate to think that your kids OR mine would remember their mom as always being on the computer and never there to DO stuff with them. Allie takes MY breath away, too, and seeing all of your kids together just brings an ear-to-ear grin! I'll see you on Facebook, IF I have time to go there! Happy summer....
Enjoy your summer with your beautiful family! The wedding looks gorgeous and the trip to Disney exhausting but fun! Your kiddos are just beautiful!!
Love you!
I love ALL of these amazing pictures. Your family is so beautiful!!!
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
I check your site daily to see if you have posted anything. I'm going to miss you this summer, but you are so right...family comes first and take it from a mom who is now a grandmom of 10...where did the time go??? They grow up way to fast and then they are gone raising their own little ones!
Take care and I'll still be checking to see if you pop in with some fun pictures of the kids or a story or two. God Bless
I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer! BTW, we have family in Maggie Valley, we visit every summer! Its so peaceful and beautiful, perfect for a wedding, I believe! Your kiddos are absolutely beautiful! *Always keeping you in my thoughts!*
Have a great summer Heather! Thanks for sharing the awesome pics of your family ... beautiful!
What a beautiful couple your brother and Rhonda are. So glad they found one another.
As usual, the goosebumps came with the cardinal picture.
Your children are just gorgeous!! What great parents to fulfill their wish at Disney. Sounds like a long day, but they will always remember it!!
See you on FB!!:>)
You have such a beautiful family and I completely understand you taking the time off. You enjoy every moment with them :)
I don't blame you one bit, enjoy the rest of summer with your precious kiddos, I'll still see you on FB.
Love ya,
Audra
Continuing to pray!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Prayer Bears
My email address
Savor these moments as long as you are able. You better than most of us, already know how precious and fleeting they are. Thanks for sharing your pictures and I can't believe how big Allie is getting!
Hugs,
Connie
ENJOY!!!!
What great pictures. It's nice to see Rhonda so happy...I followed her on caringbridge...her and her boys deserve to be happy! How great for them that they are now part of such an Amazing family.
see ya on facebook. :)
love, Christy
Heather, I just wanted to pop in and see how your family was doing. I'm glad you're taking a blogging hiatus - you will probably just mentally stockpile a summer full of memories to blog about in the fall.
Take care and know that Jacob is remembered daily.
I certainly understand about taking a break. I haven't had any time to spend on my blog either. I barely have time to check in on other blogs. FB is much easier and I love how you can check status updates and know what's going on in people's lives. :) Have a fun, safe and blessed summer!
Wow, these are some great pictures.
I've missed you Heather.
I know this is truly your favorite time of the year.
Enjoy every moment♥
Heather,
I love seeing all your wonderful family pictures. You have a beautiful family xoxo
NIKI in az
Thought I left a comment here, but I guess not. Menopause stinks! Anyway, just wanted to say that I keep up with you on Facebook, as do probably most of your followers, so I know you and the kids are doing great. And who better than you should know how precious time really is? Rock on with your bad summer self, sister-friend... we'll be here when you get back!
hugs.....
hey heather just stopping by to say hello from one mommy to another!!
Thank you for sharing everything, like you always do.
You have such a beautiful family !!!!!!!!!!!!
What a wonderful summer!!!!!!!! I can't believe you were within reaching distance and I didn't get to see you. :) The pictures are all wonderful and that's one of the most gorgeous flower girls I've ever seen! :)
Hi Heather, I hope you are enjoying your summer. I was wondering if PCF is doing the 5k again this year out at Fish Hawk. I did it last year (my first 5k!) and was looking forward to doing it again but didn't see anything about it on their website. Thanks!
Happy Anniversary, Donnie and Heather! (a day late but hope you had a wonderful day anyhow)
You two are a wonderful example to so many of what marriage should be... sticking together, helping and loving each other for better or for worse. May the Lord bless you richly this next year.
Much love and hugs from MN,
Janet DeRosier
Ok, I'm missing you! I still understand ;), but I miss hearing about and watching the kiddos. I hope you are enjoying the rest of summer, I'm getting sad that school is about to start.
Love ya,
Audra
Hi Heather --
Just a quick note to let you know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your summer has been phenomenal but I'm selfish enough to also hope that you'll be back to blogging soon!
I am on Facebook but don't know how to access you there. If you'd like to be friends, email me at libeye@bellsouth.net and let me know your Facebook name! I miss hearing about you all!
Libby Gladden
Enjoy the time with your beautiful family....
Wonderful pictures!
I miss reading your posts, but I understand your need for a break. I hope you had a wonderful summer.
Can't wait for you to get back from your Summer Hiatus! I know your kids have grown so much! Hope you all had a great Summer!
Stopped signing in over here since I didn't think you were checking during the summer...but now summer's about over, so...you going to start writing over here again?
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address
You have such a wonderful blog. I'm so sorry about your son Jacob, what a horrfic loss you have been through.
What a lovely wedding!
Miss your updates! Hope you had a wonderful summer. Looking forward to your back to school post!
Missing you and your family!
Hey Heather! I'm trying to be patient, but I need my Duckworth update! I'm missing those smiley faces, hope all is well and you're just doing what I did and being blog lazy.
Miss you!
Praying your summer was fun and that the boys are settling back into their school routine. And praying that you're feeling well, Heather! Just checking in to see if you're blogging these days ... and hoping to see pictures of those precious kids! I bet they've changed so much in just a couple of months! Blessings from a faithful Jacob follower.
Can't wait to see first-day-of-school pictures of the boys. And I'm sure Allie will look so grown up after a couple of months of no pictures!
Hope you've all had a wonderful summer.
Are you done with the blog? I miss seeing Allie. :(
miss you blogging!! Hope you will be back soon...........I am already thinking of what to do for Jacobs stocking :) Hope you will do that again this year. We have donated to it every year. Loving the fall weather here in nebraska, was 34 degrees last night!!
take care michelle
Hi Heather,
I have been following your beautiful family for quite some time now. I faithfully read Jacob's Caring Bridge site daily, and have continued to check in on you here.
I know that you took a summer hiatus, but I had heard you and others comment on the fact that you were having health issues, and are just hoping all is well.
Sending you and your beautiful family best wishes for a great Fall!
Cathy Taylor
Heather,
I've not been able to do much blogging either.. man, this was a CRAZY BUSY summer!
I LOVE the pics of your family.. you guys are just the sweetest!
On another note.. I don't think I've ever heard the story of Jacob and the cardinals. If you have a minute, would you share that with me? ☺
Hoping all is well with you guys..
LOVE YOU!
Tonya
OK, enought...get back to blogging! I am going through withdraw!!!
OK summer is over - come back please. I see ya on facebook but I still love reading your blogs.
Allison
Hi Heather! I miss reading about you and your sweet family. Is everything OK? I've followed your family since the Triplet Connection days. Hope all is well:)
Robyn
Post a Comment