I am so sorry for leaving you hanging all summer! It is amazing how busy life has been lately . . . 3 kids in 2 different schools, all 4 kids in different activities & one very active 2-year old to chase all day. I know that many of you can relate! :0) But know that ALL IS WELL and we are fine!
After much thought and many prayers, I have decided to take a permanent break from blogging. It has been a wonderful experience . . . it has given me the opportunity to meet many amazing families and we have been so blessed by your prayers and support over the past 5 years. However, our life is crazy-busy right now and I just do not have the time to keep it up. It has been a difficult decision as writing is something I have always loved, but right now family comes first. There will be time for blogging later in life. :)
I could NEVER thank you enough for following our family's journey . . . praying for Jacob and loving him . . . praying Allie home . . . and lifting us up so many times. God blessed us greatly with all of your love and encouragement and that is something we will never forget. That feeling will stay with us always. You definitely helped us through our darkest days and I will miss "talking" with you all. But seasons of our life change . . . and right now this season is too busy for blogging. :) Hopefully, one day I will have the time to come back to it.
It is hard to end this post . . . as it just doesn't feel right saying good-bye to all of you. It makes me so very sad, yet I know it is time. May God bless each of you and may you always know how truly grateful we are that you *found* our family. You all have a special place in our hearts and we will share YOUR story of kindness, prayers and support many times during our lifetime. Your giving spirit is truly inspiring!
"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends."
~Richard Bach
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."
Romans 12:2
With such a heavy, yet grateful heart we don't say good-bye, but till we meet again!
With so much love to all,



57 comments:
We will miss you but understand. May God continue to bless you and your family and know that all of you will remain in our hearts forever.
Hi Heather,
I was so excited to see that you had an update but so sad when I read it. Totally understand how busy life is and how hard it must be to keep up your blog. I alwasy wondered how those who blog do it so often. I will miss reading updates on your family as you seem like a "friend" after all this time. I hope you do occasional updates so everyone can see how your family is but understand if you can't. Your family is important and if the blog takes away from them then that isn't right. I will miss seeing pictures of your family. I am sure they have all grown lots over the summer! Take care and I wish you the best....Jana Duresky
Heather, I have been missing your posts all summer. So sad that you are leaving the blogging world, but I respect your decision. Life gets busy and family always comes first. Take care & God Bless your beautiful family. Sending all our love from Panama.
Just wanted to thank you for sharing your sweet family with us. I have always been mostly a lurker but your blog and son, Jacob, have touched me deeply. I have 4 boys and my oldest is Kyle's age and I also have a 9 year old. My nine year old reminds me so much in looks of your sweet Jacob. You are so blessed and I wish you much happiness in the future!!!
Sincerely,
Anna
Ahhhhhhhhh...I'll never, ever forget Jacob and your precious family. Jacob's life changed mine and so many's. I'll continue to follow you on Facebook!
i will see you on FB!!! hugs and thanks for the book link!! dino girl for sure!
Heather-
I have truly enjoyed reading about your family. Thanks for being so willing to share! :) I know I will miss (have missed) reading your updates, but I understand that family comes first. I am thankful I can stay updated on your family on facebook.
Take care-
Jessica
Thank you for letting us into your life Heather. You have a beautiful family and you have all touched so many lives.
God bless!
It was so nice meeting your family in the Land of Blog. Of course, I completely understand your decision. Life is busy and you don't want to miss a second of it! I am secretly hoping you come back when Allie starts Kindergarten! HA HA! Best of luck to all of you!
HI HEATHER AND FAMILY
SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOU LEAVING THE BLOG WORLD BUT CAN TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT WITH KIDS LIFE IS ALWAYS BUSY BUSY BUSY BUT IT WAS A REAL PLEASURE TO MEET YOU ALL OVER THE YEARS I WISH WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE MORE GLIMPSE OF MS ALLIE AND THE BOYS I KNOW THEY HAVE GROWN OVER THE SUMMER SO YOU TAKE CARE AND MAY YOU ALL CONTINUE TO BE WELL AND LIKE YOU SAID UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN
Til we meet again! Duckworth Family, it has been a Journey! The last 5 years have been happy, sad, exciting, comforting, and our Family has been truly blessed to have had you a part of our lives! Through laughter, through tears, through confidence and Fears..you all have inspired our Family to reunite and become one. We will continue to pray for all of you and for the children, donate to help find a cure or at least to help St. Jude's with whatever wonderful things they need it for. God Bless you all...We will miss you but carry you all with us in thoughts and prayers. We love you!
The Walter's Family
You're finally back and now you're leaving again! I'll miss hearing about your amazing family, but certainly understand. Being in Tampa myself, I feel a connection to all of you. Good luck and God bless you all!
Karen
I will miss your blog so very much, but I understand that family should always come first. I LOVED reading your blog about your beautiful family. It was always an inspiration to me.
You will be greatly missed! I've enjoyed getting to know your family and have been so encouraged by your posts. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with all of us. I'm sure you have no idea the impact your blog has had on so many. Until we meet again...
Heather,
I'm so sad to see you leave blogland!! I do understand, as I don't have much time for it either. I have been following your family since Jacob was sick, and will miss your updates...your family has a very special place in my heart, and if I am ever in your neck of the woods, I will look you up!!
Take care Heather, enjoy your awesome family!!
Rita
Oh no. I will miss your posts but totally understand.
Bless you!
so funny I would stop in today, and see this message .. I pop in once and awhile to see if you have an update.
Heather .. enjoy your family and enjoy your time with them! That is all anyone would want you to do.
Always thinking of your sweet boy Jacob and knowing how much you all will miss him forever.
Take good good care of yourself, Donnie and the kids and thankyou so much for sharing your lives with us!
God Bless you and keep you all safe!
Sarah in Montreal
Enjoy your beautiful family..God bless you and your family..Hugs
At least you're on FB! See you over there!
The Lord will always be there with you! And I'm here praying!
Romans 8:31-32 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Prayer Bears
My email address
Heather,
So sad to see you 'go' from cyberland but I can totally understand and i think you are making a very wise and thoughtful decision. And you're right you can always come back to it later in life:)
Glad to hear you're all ok and thanks for your encouragement here on your blog. Wishing you all the best and God's blessings for you and your family.
Take care and God Bless,
Love Anna xx
Best of luck with your kiddos - I understand the busy schedules situation. I have followed your blog(s) since the beginning and will be sad to see it gone - but know that my family will always be greatful for the glimpse into Jacob's beautiful life and your journey to Allie.
I have followed your family for many years, through Jacob's illness, passing and Allie's arrival. I have been so uplifted by your family's strength, it's AMAZING! I am thrilled to hear that things are going so well with you guys, just living life. I hope you have all the happiness in the world, y'all are always in my thoughts.
I understand how you feel. I will miss your blogging. But, so glad you are around on FB so I can still see pics of your gorgeous family.
Our children keep us busy, and crazy, but we cherish every moment. Enjoy them!!!
I will miss your blog...But I do understand that your family MUST come first....I loved Jacob through his caringbridge site and came to know your family that way....Even though I live in northern MN.... Enjoy your family to the fullest and I hope I will find your blog again some day....Wendy
Heather w/a heavy heart and mixed emotions I understand your decision. FF has always held a VERY SPECIAL place in my heart! I have met some wonderful families thru AMAZING JACOB'S journey. I have become not only friends w/you, but Nancy and your Mom! Blog or No Blog Jacob has open a whole new world for me! This was more than just a blog, it was like a family! It's like sitting on the sofa and going through an old photo album and pointing to a picture and saying "You remember this picture"! This blog will be a wonderful keepsake for the kids in the future! You have done a wonderful job of capturing every special moment spent with Jacob and Allie will get a chance to how wonderful her brother truly was!
Jacob, was ONE AMAZING CHILD! With that I add... "I hold on w/hope, because GOOD-BYE IS NOT THE END"!
Celebrating you always JACOB DUCKWORTH!!
Hey lady, don't be sad, life changes, courses bend, things happen. You are right, family is the most important thing. I will still keep up with you thru FB. I can't imagine not lol. You have inspired everyone around you...I am a better mom and wife because of you. Thanks for sharing your life as well as Jacobs with us. He will forever be in my heart!
Oh and I get ya with the kids. I have 5 in school and 4 of them in diff schools so its a bit of juggling...
Hi Heather,
I have followed your blog and caringbridge site for the past few years and have enjoyed sharing in your family's life. Hopefully you will decide to continue visually updating the site so that we can watch your beautiful children grow!
Blessings,
Heidi
Best wishes to you all! You will always be in my prayers!
~Jen from WI
I am SO glad I can still keep up with you on Facebook. I understand the busyness of life. We can't do EVERYTHING can we?! God bless you!
I think it's wonderful that your life is so full and positive that there is no time to blog. It's sad to see you go but the reason is terrific. All the best.
I'm going to miss seeing updated pics of your kids...I was wondering if you'd have any problem with any of your blog followers becoming Facebook friends? I'm on Facebook and would love to get the occasional update on how things are going...I'm going to miss ya'll if not!
I will miss your updates on your family. You have been such a spiritual inspiration to me. God Bless you all.
Hi! I just wanted to send some smiles! :) :) :)
Smile :)
I have been "friends" of your family through Jacob's illness, passing and the addition of sweet Allie. And now through Facebook! I completely understand your need to focus on your family right now. I made the same decision about 2 years ago with scrapbooking ~ I absolutely love to scrapbook, but with family commitments and time constraints, scrapbooking became a "chore" because I felt so behind and like I couldn't keep up with it. So I decided I will take that hobby back up in about 10 years! So for now, we will keep up on Facebook ~ I thoroughly enjoy the pictures of your BEAUTIFUL family.....every single one of you! Take care and we will miss you! I always loved your perfectly chosen quotes and Bible verses!
You finally came back and now you're leaving for good! I certainly understand, but will miss reading about your amazing family. Being in Tampa, I've always felt a connection to all of you. Good luck and God bless you all!
While I'm certainly sad that I can't log in and check on your family anymore -- I am so happy that it is good things taking you away from blogging. Your story has inspired me more than I can ever tell you - I'm sure you'll hear many posts that say that too. Thank you for sharing your family with us. Thank you for sharing the hard stuff and the not-easy stuff. I can't imagine going through all you have gone through - but your story is one of FAITH. I hope God blesses you and your family immesensly and I do hope that you'll occasionally check in to let us all know how you're doing.
In our Christian family, it is never truly goodbye, and you have taught me that so well over these past several years. Go love your family. Live life to the absolute fullest! I will ever be grateful for the way you have shared your beautiful family with us. I will always remember a boy named Jacob--how hard he fought and how brave he was. I will keep childhood cancer research and support as a cause that is close to my heart. Be well! Laugh much! Live fully!
--Kelley in Georgia
I was so hoping that wasn't what the title meant. I will miss your blog. But I also know too well how busy life is right now!
Heather -- I began following your family's story back on the Caringbridge website as I was doing some research in my senior year of high school. I am now in my senior year of getting my bachelor's of nursing, and though I never met him or you, I think about Jacob and your family so often as I am making my clinical rounds. I remember how you spoke of your hospital experiences, and I SO appreciate how you vocalized yours and your family's feelings and your grieving process, as it helps me to provide better care for my patients and their families. Your writing has been a blessing and an inspiration to many people, and I will remember many things that you have said and the story of Jacob for the rest of my career.
God Bless,
Danisha from Fort Wayne, IN
I will miss following your sweet family!!
I so understand. I think I updated my blog twice this summer. Almost closing mine also. Thank you for allowing us into your lives. It has been an honor to get to know you and pray for your sweet boy and bringing Alli home. What a blessing you are to so many of us. Take care and God bless.
I will miss reading updates on your family. I always looked forward to seeing all the new pictures and have really missed any updates all summer. I think of your family often. Is there any way that we could be friends on FaceBook so I can continue to watch your children grow?? Take care Heather and enjoy your family.
Ann in Wisconsin
Aww Heather, I was sad reading this. I can't thank YOU enough for allowing me to share your family and your heart with me. I take with me many great memories and lessons. I know God placed you in my life for a reason.
Thank goodness I can still keep up with you on Facebook, if you are going to continue with that! May God Bless you and your family!
All my best,
Maureen Cadle
I have followed your story since about a week before Jacob died. I have learned so much from you, about how to be a mom, a wife, and a daughter of the King. Thank you for sharing your family with us.
Blessings -
Elizabeth in Mesa
I will surely miss reading about your sweet family! Yours was the first blog I ever read!
Wow, I am so sad you won't be blogging anymore, but I completely understand!I have followed your journey for so many years (starting with CB) and I will continue to pray for you all. Thank you for sharing your precious Jacob with us and the rest of your family. I can't wait to meet him in Heaven. I will check in from time to time, hoping for a few pics and short updates:) key word HOPING:)
Take care
Ashleigh
Heather --
I have so missed your blogs and keeping up with all of the you!
I wish for all of you a blessed, happy life! We will meet up again one day - be it here on Earth or in Heaven when we get to see that sweet Jacob!
I understand, will miss seeing/hearing about your wonderful family and yourself! But, untill we meet again! I still have Jacob on my refrigerator, so he will not be forgotten, ever! Hugs from Fort Worth!
Hi Heather!
I totally understand your being too busy to blog!! I can't imagine how crazy busy your life must be with 3 kids/2 different schools and sweet Allie probably running you into 7 different places at 1 time. :)
I'll see you on FB, that is for sure!! God Bless You!
Amanda
Oh, how I will miss your wonderful writing. Gracious. I rarely sign the guestbook but came to first Caringbridge, and then here, to read of your family. God's Peace on this phase of your journey.
May I be just a little bit selfish and hope for a picture of those sweet, sweet children?
I know. I am awful!
Heather and Family,
We will miss you all dearly. Thank you for sharing your family and yes we know life gets busy. We Miss and Love Jacob very much as well. We will always remember him. Please, let us know if you ever get his 2nd book out. We have the 1st one and remember and cherish his lifestories. Thank you for letting us love Jacob and your family. May God Bless you all with Health and Safety.
Love,
Diane and Family
"...and friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them..."
We have never met but you have encouraged me every time I came for a visit. I completely understand since I was once where you are now.
See you on Face Book!
Hugs,
Connie
I completely understand. It's been over a month since I've blogged myself. Although I will really miss your refreshing and inspirational posts! You truly are an amazing writer and I hope you will be able to blog in the near future! Bless you! I look forward to seeing your updates and pics on FB. I love FB. :)
You and your family will be missed, but I completely understand...life is so busy these days!! Jacob will always hold a special place in my heart. I think about him often....he was such a sweet little boy! God Bless you and your family and I wish you all the best in everything you do! Take Care!!
Im wondering how all the Duckworths are doing! Do you have time for a little update! Wishing you and yours are happy and healthy!!
Julia
I have followed your and Jacob's story for some time now. You have been such and inspiration of faith and family and I will truly miss your postings. God bless you and your family and may you have a blessed rest of your lives.
Thanks so much for your writing, on Jacob's CaringBridge site and here at Faithful Froggers. I have smiled and wept along with you many times, appreciated your beautiful writing, and been inspired by your faith and your faith-full parenting.
In a way many prayers have been answered, as you are living life fully and busily with your beautiful children, and have less time and less need to blog at this stage. I'm happy for you, although I will miss you too.
Always remembering Jacob, and doing my best to Fully Rely on God...
Sheila
Post a Comment