It is hard to believe we leave for Guatemala tomorrow! We look forward to this trip with nervous anticipation . . . as it is a bit unsettling traveling out of the country - especially with our 3 boys. But I'm sure it will be a memorable trip and a great adventure for all of us.
We are all so excited about meeting Allie for the first time. I still can't believe it is really happening - that Allie is ours!! Already I have had trouble sleeping for the past several nights. I feel like I'm about 5 years old waiting for Christmas morning - anticipating one of the greatest gifts of all! I am so excited and it just doesn't seem real that we will finally get to bring her HOME. I am a bundle of nerves as I think about our first meeting . . . praying that Allie - in some small way - will know me as her mother - and all of us as her family. And not a moment goes by without me thanking God for allowing me to be the mother of this beautiful blessing. God is so faithful!
Tomorrow is a very long travel day for us . . . we fly out of Orlando in the morning to Miami - where we have an 8 hour layover. Then off to Guatemala City where our flight arrives at 6:50pm. My mom, George & Joshua are coming, too. We will get Allie Tuesday morning at 10am! I start crying just thinking about it.
Donnie spent all day yesterday putting together baby things - strollers, exersaucers, high chairs and installing the car seat while I did laundry and packed suitcases. I think we are finally ready and Donnie and I are thrilled to see all the baby stuff filling up every corner of our house. The boys helped put things together and had fun pushing the strollers all through the house - practicing for Allie. Of course we had to explain that strollers weren't race cars and they would have to be more careful when Allie was really in it! :)
We have also thought a lot about Jacob lately - wishing so badly that he were here to share our excitement with us. But no doubt he is jumping for joy in Heaven as he watches over all of us. It is amazing how Jacob is still so much a part of our daily lives - his spirit definitely lives on! And we can't wait to share the story of Jacob with Allie.
I have put the pictures of the nursery in the slideshow below. Of course it is PINK! After having had 4 boys - no other color would do! It had to be pink all the way. :) The room still isn't completely done - still waiting for the rug, curtains and a couple of pictures that we have ordered. The furniture is the same that we had for the boys . . . I like the thought of ALL of my children having slept in the same crib. And we were just so thankful that we still had all the pieces to put it together - which is pretty amazing after 7 years. We all had so much fun working on her room - it was definitely a family project. And we were so glad Donnie's parents were here - they were a huge help!
I am taking my laptop with us and I hope to update from Guatemala - especially since I know my dad and Donnie's parents will be waiting for news and pictures. But it all depends on the connection and if time permits - so we will have to see if it works out.
Thanks so much for sharing this journey with us. Your support, friendship and prayers have meant so much to us and we are so grateful to all who have stuck with us through the good times and the bad.
Ending with a scripture . . .
"My heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart jumps for joy. I will sing and give thanks to him."
Psalm 28:7
Next time you hear from us - we will have our daughter! :)



70 comments:
I am so excited! Praying for safe travels and cant wait to hear how it feels to hold Baby Allie for the first time!
Love and Hugs
Amy Schwartz
You absolutely hit it on the head-I was just telling T. that it feels like Christmas Eve. I want it to be Monday NOW!!! I am SO excited for us all! You guys have a safe flight, and we'll see you on Tuesday. I think I said we'd see each other at the Embassy-DUH. For some reason, I was thinking our appointment was the day after we get there. We'll see you Tuesday morning when we both get to hold our babies FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! What an incredible time for us all! We'll see you all on Tuesday!!
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I
asked of him." Samuel 1:27
We're so excited for you.....I don't even know what else to say!!! Take care and enjoy!!!!
Ellen
www.caringbridge.org/mi/sammijean
www.caringbridge.org/visit/alecrc
Heather and Family ~ I am so excited for you! Allie is going to be one lucky and SPOILED little girl! May you have safe travels and may you enjoy every minute of your first visit with Aliie. I have no doubt she will know you are her mother.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/hayden
Many MANY prayers headed from Texas to you! Prayers for safe journeys, prayers for Allie's foster mom, and most of all prayers for that precious gift from God that she WILL know HIM and the love that all of you have for her!
I am so happy for all of you!!
I can't wait to hear about the trip and i'll be thinking about all of you in the next week. I have been following your (Amazing Jacob's caringbridge site) for as long as I can remember. I remember waiting for updates to see how treatments went and how heartbroken I felt when he passed away. I talk about you guys like I know you in person and I am so excited to be telling everyone that Allie is finally coming home!! =]
You guys are in my prayers, have a safe trip and I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Hugs and God Bless- Hilary
Have a safe trip & God Bless you all on your journey.
We will be thinking of you all the way.
From Arizona
Oh forgot to say... LOVE THE pink Frog lamp.. How cute is that!
From Arizona..
Congrats and God bless! I am so happy for your family!! I miss my little Guatangel so much, and it is encouraging to hear that others are going home!!! Praying for safe travel and great bonding!
We are so happy for all of you and so excited to see your first family pictures with Allie in them! I just believe with all my heart that Jacob is smiling that beautiful smile as you go on this journey. There is no doubt that he IS with you,now and always.
Keeping you all close to our hearts...
Kim Magnan & Family
Our prayers go with you.
We are all waiting to hear about and see pictures of your fabulous time picking up Allie and holding her for the first time... FOREVER!!!!
Lots of love from MN.
Janet DeRosier and family
Excitement is felt all around this country for your family as you travel to pick up your daughter. Our excitement comes from Knoxville, TN and I can't wait to see your family holding your precious daughter. Prayers for safe travel and smooth transition coming your way.
I'm so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to see a family picture. I must say that my favorite thing is the "Fully Rely On God" above Allie's closet.
Heavenly Father,
May you be with The Duckworth's this week. Keep a hedge of protection around this precious family as they travel out of the country to go and get their baby girl. May you please be with Allie's birth mother and foster mother. I pray that the boys will adjust to having a new baby in their lives. Thank you Lord for bringing Allie into this wonderful family. Lord Jesus, most of all I thank you for bringing this family into my life. Amen.
Much love and many prayers.
FROGing-
Zhohn Dupont
LA
Heather I have followed Jacob's site for years - I live in Ohio and have lots of family in your area. I am not much of a poster but I think of your family EVERY day. I am so happy for you and your family I could just burst. It is also great to see Rhonda in your pictures as I vist her site also (I'm a shy non-poster)but I just cannot contain my joy for you and your family. There is no one here on earth that desereves happiness more than you and your family. I will be praying for all of you and safe travels and cannot wait to see you with Allie in your arms. God Bless you!!!!!!
I am nervously anticipating your pickup trip too!! But mostly, I am so incredibly thrilled that your baby girl is coming home!! What an absolutely exciting time!!
Can't wait to see pictures... be sure to double check that you have packed that camera cord to download pictures... you know where we will will be glued on Tuesday!!
Safe travels... I am sure one very amazing angel will be holding you safely in his arms as you fly through the air!!
Too cool that you and Andrea will get to meet!!
Sarah and Sophie~Bug
My daugher just left on Friday for Guatemula City to study for a semester. I told her to keep a lookout for a happy family including three handsome blonde boys and a beautiful baby girl. Good luck!
Precious Duckworths,
I am so very Happy for you, I share in your joy and I'm so excited to meet your new addition. What a Blessed family, and what a Blessed little princess.
I am praying for safe travels and praying for a smooth transition for All of you. I know without a doubt that Jacob is with you Every Step you all take.
Much Love and Lots of prayers
Love,
Audra
Dear Duckworth Family,
Have a safe trip! We will be anxiously watching for updates. Our excitement will be hard to contain until next Friday when you return. Our prayers are with you each and every day!!
Love,
The Tuckers
Yeah..Allie is coming home to her FOREVER FAMILY!! Have a WONDERFUL pick up trip and take tons of pics to show us later.
God Bless,
Kelly
CCI
To the Duckworth family - I will be thinking of you as you embark on this exciting journey. God be will you all!
Sandy from AZ
I am so excited for you guys! I'm praying that you have a safe trip, and a joyous meeting with your baby girl. I'm sure Jacob will make sure she gets safely into your arms!
Amazing!! I can not wait to hear about your journey to get Allie. I am so happy for you and the family.
I am looking forward to your up comming blogs and wonderful pictures.
Hugs,
Chrisi W.
Am here praying right now! You know He's going to be with you the whole time!
Psalms 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Safe travels and I can't wait to see that adorable little girls in your arms.
Karen
I know you and your family are probably enroute as I type this!! I just wanted to let you know, I have been just as excited for you guys ALL WEEKEND!! I can "identify" w/the kids for Christmas analogy! Heck I feel like the next door neighbor who can't wait to see what MY FRIEND got for Christmas!!! Just wanted to let you know I'm sharing in your excitement, with the most AMAZING GIFT EVER......A CHILD!!!
WELCOME HOME, ALLIE (GUATAMERICAN PRINCESS)
I am so glad the wait for you & your family is almost over! I am excited to hear all about it! Safe travels!
I am so excited for your family! Allie is going to love you guys. I can hardly wait to hear all about everything.
I love her room, it's perfect. My daughters room is the same shade of pink as Allie's.
Love & Prayers,
I am in love with your nursery. Oh, it is just beautiful. And I could honestly just feel Jacob there, in the things that you selected. That room reflected love and joy and just brought me to tears.
I am so very happy for all of you and look forward to your updates.
God Bless!
Leeann and family
niccofive.blogspot.com
I am so excited for you, I can't stand it! I am praying for a safe journey for you all and a happy uniting with your precious new baby girl. I hope that old Dean stays away and that you are all returning soon to a safe and happy homecoming! It is a wonderful thing to see the family I love so much grow. What a blessing! God Bless!
I'm not sure if you remember me Don, but I used to work with you years ago at Enterprise (Actually, I worked there when you found out about being pregnant with the triplets and their birth as well.) My name is Lori Sexton (maiden name as you knew me was Mulks). I cannot believe everything you and your family have endured over the years!!! I just saw your story on the news over the weekend and I couldn't catch my breath! I feel so badly that I did not know about Jacob's illness until just now. But I am very happy to have found you and your incredible family now and am truly lifted by your strength! I was so excited to read about little Allie joining your family and as I type this you are on your way to get that precious little baby. I would love to hear from you if you get the chance upon your return. My husband and I have a beautiful little boy who is 2 years old - our little miracle baby! We aren't able to have another so we often talk about adoption. We may need to lean on you for your advise and wisdom on this subject in the future. You all are truly an inspiration and we will keep you in our prayers! I really enjoyed looking at all of your great pictures and what a smile and oh, those eyes on Jacob... you can tell what a special little guy he was by the expression on his face. And I am sure that beautiful smile will be shining down on his new little sister too!
Lori Sexton, lsexton05@hotmail.com
Conguatulations on getting your beauiful and wonderful looking daughter! I bet you will have lots of fun and cuddle. Best Wishes to you and the family.
A baby girl--how cute! May she fill your home wih joy. Warmest wishes to you all.
Wow, I don't even know you and I'm sitting here bubbling with excitement at the idea that as I write this you have already met Allie! Looking forward to the update where we get to hear all about it!!!
Dearst Duckworths, As I celebrate another birthday, what better way to celebrate, than knowing the joy in my heart that precious Allie will be placed in your arms forever today. I am so excited for you all, cannot wait for lots of pictures. Praying that everything goes smoothly today, you are soon back in the States with all 5 of your sweet children. Praying for safe travel. Amazing Jacob..Please help God to guide your family back safely, how excited you must be to bring your little sister home. God Bless you all. Karen..Pa
Keeping you in our prayers for a safe trip as Allie joins your beautiful family!
My prayers are with your family today as you meet your daughter for the first time:)
Duckworth Family,
Godspeed and much joy on your treck to fill your expanding hearts!!
We'll patiently wait for updates and pictures.
Rejoicing with you!!
Pam and the boys in Riverview
Wishing you all the joy and happiness today as you get to meet, cuddle, and kiss on your baby girl - your daughter!! All the angels will be smiling on you today!! Especially Jacob. God bless you all and enjoy every moment! :o)
It's around 10am est on Tuesday and I am thinking of you! Not sure what time zone Guatemala is in, but either way I'm praying for a wonderful and happy meeting. Jacob is smiling down on all of you. I can just see his gorgeous blue eyes beaming as he watches your arms wrap around Allie.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thinking of you this morning as you are meeting your daughter face to face for the first time!! Praise God!!
Your sister in Christ,
Erin
I am so excited for all of you! I'm watching the weather with anxiety over the hurricane...Mr Roker this a.m. said Guatemala was in a hurricane warning. Just hoping all goes well, you have Allie safely in your arms and that your travel is safe as well. With prayers and best wishes, LeeAnne
Hope all goes so smoothly!!!! We cannot wait to admire the latest gorgeous member of your family! Jacob is probably having a party in heaven right now, celebrating his new little sister!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Hope all goes so smoothly!!!! We cannot wait to admire the latest gorgeous member of your family! Jacob is probably having a party in heaven right now, celebrating his new little sister!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to meet Allie, Glad we got to talk to you this a.m. and that the flight was great along with hotel. We will call after you have Allie in your arms. Love Dad and Nancy
To, Dad and Nancy. Thank you for your comment it gives us a bit of info. Glad they got there ok and now waiting for the big news. Please comment if you hear anymore from them.......
I'm not sure of the time zone in Guatemala, but I just looked at the clock and realized that you either have Allie now or are very close to holding your daughter. I teared right up!
Just checking in for word on the baby!! Glad to see you've all made it there safe and sound. Can't wait to hear more. Bet the boys are going crazy with their new sister. I can only imagine the party Jacob is throwing in heaven...bet he is shaking his little booty in excitement!!! :)
Just spoke to Donnie, ALLIE IS IN THEIR ARMS, Heather is feeding her as I write. She is 18 lbs. happy and healthy and tons of tears from this family are being shed. Thank you God for this wonderful blessing!
Just wanted to give you all an update.
Nancy
Tears of joy are being shed for you! Congratulations!!
Just a quick note to let you all know that you're in my thoughts today. Hopefully by now Ms. Allie is in your arms - and I'm quite certain that she will feel the love that is coming her way.
Have a save journey (keep the hurricane away!) and enjoy!
So happy you have Allie. I've been doing nothing (really) but checking in on you all morning!! Can't wait to hear more! Thanks for the updates Nancy, it is really appreciated! :)
I think I have checked your site a dozen times today waiting to see that first picture of your family all together for the first time. Thanks Nancy for letting us know that Allie is safley in her mothers arms. Can't wait for further updates.
May God bless you all.
Candy
So happy to hear that Ms. Allie is in your arms now :-)
I'm sure the boys are thrilled!
I'm on cloud NINE!!! Nancy thanks for the latest update!!
Thanks Nancy for the update. Like everyone else I was waiting on pins and needles. All I can say is Whoohoo and Thank God.!!!! SWEET ALLIE IS COMING HOME FOEVER.!!! Karen..Pa
Smiling and knowing you are holding your baby girl right now....what a wonderful blessing. Continued prayers for safe travel home. Hope the boys are fighting over too much. She is definitely one little girl who will always be watched over both from heaven and on earth.
Ooops! that should have been "aren't" fighting over her too much!
Stalking... stalking... stalking... So glad to hear that Allie is in your arms!! 18 pounds - WOWZA! I cannot wait to see pictures of your beautiful girl!!
I also heard that Guatemala City was only supposed to get about 1/2 an inch of rain from this storm sweeping by... I hope that is the case and everybody is safe and HAPPY!!
Love and FROG!!
Sarah and Sophie~Bug
It was wonderful visiting with you at the airport yesterday Heater and Donnie!
I know today is an awesome day!
Welcome Home Forever Allie!
Will chat later...
Hugs and Love..
Amy Schwartz
Nancy,
Thanks for the update, thats all I have been waiting to hear all day is that she is in the arms of her family. What wonderful news!
God Bless all of you, and I'm sure you are over the moon about being grandparents again.
From Arizona
It is so wonderful to think of you holding that precious baby! Praying for a wonderful transition for all of you and for safe travels home!
My two little miracle nephews:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/asherandjacob
I am crying tears of joy, just knowing that Allie is with her Forever family. Oh my gosh, I can NOT wait to hear all about it.
So much Love to my Favorite Duckworth family.
Thank you Nancy for giving all of us "impatient's" the news :)
Love, Audra
Thanks for the update, Nancy. Thinking about, praying, and holding the Duckworths all day.
Janet
Wow I don't read your blog for a few days and I miss amazing things!!! How cool that you're finally getting to make the trip! I'm so excited for you! As a former foster child, adoptions mean something extra special to me, and I just love seeing families united forever with their children. I can't wait to see the pictures of you all with your new baby girl!
Just another "stalker" signing in to see if maybe we can see a picture of you holding your precious daughter. However, I would not put her down long enough to update if it were me. Thank you Nancy for the update. Praying that tomorrow is a easy and smooth day for you as Allie officially becomes a Duckworth.
Hugs!
I have looked at the hurricane till I am purple ! ! ! I want to know so badly that you all were able to fly into Guatemala City last night and that Allie was there waiting for you today . . .
We all have come so far with you and feel such a part of you all extending your family.
I just know that God and His Amazing Jacob are over-seeing everything, but I so want to see for myself !
Allie is so so lucky to have you all.
Sandy D
Atlanta
Thanks for the update Nancy. I've been checking all day and can't stop thinking about them. Tears of happiness are streaming down my cheeks.
Sending love and hugs
Liz Unger
We're so happy for you, Duckworth family! How blessed you all are right now. Wishing you traveling mercies and all of the happiness in the world!
HOPING YA'LL HAD A SAFE FLIGHT!!!!
I AM SURE YA'LL FOUND A WAY TO PASS THE 8 HOUR LAYOVER.
I KNOW THAT ALLIE WAS MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE PICTURES YOU HAD OF YOU.
WISHING YOU THE BEST AND PRAYING FOR A SAFE TRIP BACK HOME!!!!
GOD HAS BLESSED ALLIE WITH THE RIGHT FAMILY, THERE IS NO DOUBT AND JACOB IS SMILING DOWN FROM HEAVEN.
JUDY RISNER
I hope you are holding your precious Allie in your arms right now. Praying for everything to go well and a safe trip home!
Love,
Amy
Dear Duckworth family, praying for your family and getting so excited for you all. Can't wait to hear what the boys think of their new sister. Boy, will she be one protected little girl.
Post a Comment