Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Busy Night

Hello friends,

Last night was a busy night! Kyle had his 4th grade program at school and Brandon & Devin had a baseball game. So Donnie went to the game and Grandmom, Allie and I went to Kyle's program. It was total chaos at our house trying to get homework done, the kids fed and everyone ready to leave the house by 5:30pm. Needless to say it was a crazy night and bedtime couldn't come fast enough! :)

Donnie has coached the boys' baseball team for the past 3 seasons and they have always been the "Braves." Well, Donnie is coaching again - and he requested to be the Braves again - but this time the Little League just assigned us a team. And guess what team name they gave us?? THE CARDINALS! Of course Brandon said it is Jacob's way of playing, too! :)
Here are some pics from last night - I love the cardinal on their hat . . .

Brandon

Devin

Brandon & Devin


Kyle ready for his program


Kyle in the program


Allie ready for the program
Laughing at Kyle





Ending with a scripture . . .

"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. God brings the best out of you."
Romans 12:1-2

The Message

Embracing all that God does,


13 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like life is keeping you hopping! What fun with all these activities! So very cool about the Cardinals and even more amazing that Brandon is always thinking of Jacob in everything they do.

Love love love all the pictures!! You must be getting into a routine with the multiple posts this week! Keep them coming!

Allie is a doll... love her little ladybug outfit, she looks like a little ladybug!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Carolein said...

Wow, is that a sign or what??? Jacob is definitely with you guys!! Beautiful pics!

Much love,

Carolein and family

Martha from NC said...

What about that new CARDINALS team? Jacob is very busy in heaven; getting team names switched around. Hope the Cardinals have a great season.
It looks like Kyle is "quite the performer". And it appears that Allie enjoyed the program, judging by that precious smile. (By the way, I LOVE her outfit).
I don't know how you do it all, Heather. All I can say is, enjoy it all and savor every minute of the craziness.
Have a wonderful week. Thanks so much for the updates and the fantastic pictures.
Love to all of you,
Martha

The Nanny said...

Wow--Jacob definitely had something to do with that! :-)

Those boys are too cute and could Allie be more gorgeous? What a beautiful family--both angels on earth and in heaven.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I've been following your blog for some time, and I must say...you are such a blessing and inspiration!!!

Praising God for the blessings in your life...and your sweet new little addition to your family!!

Go CARDINALS!!!!

And what a cutie miss Allie is!!

Amy said...

I love the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I Love today's scripture...just what I needed to hear! Go Cardinals!!
Lisa from Atlanta

Amy S. said...

Our Kyle looks like he is beaming as usual in all his pictues. He sure is a handsome boy....and he is getting tall too. So neat about the "Cardinals". They look so cute in their uniforms and caps. Give Baby Allie a kiss for me and a Big hug from Baby Jonathan.

Hugs and Love...

Anonymous said...

I love it, the boys look wonderful, so handsome ! Yes, I'd say Jacob is into the baseball now, since he has Allie all situated into the family !
The girls are going to be all over those boys soon and I'll bet Miss Allie will have something - a lot -
to say about that ! she will screen everybody, that's for sure.
she looks like a little Madame Alexander as usual.
Go Cardinals !
Love,
Sandy
Atlanta

Anonymous said...

Jacob knows how to make his family smile and feel his presence, doesn't he?? That is such a cool story! Allie is absolutely gorgeous in pink! I LOVE that outfit. As a mother of three girls and one boy, I'll have to admit that dressing my girls was so much more fun. You are certainly a blessed bunch!

Leeann said...

I love all the pictures you have posted. It is such fun to continue on with your family while remembering Jacob. I will never see frogs nor cardinals the same way again!

We will be at Disney next week; I'm sorry we missed all of you. That would have been so fun to meet you after following Jacob's story the past few years.

Hugs to you all.

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Bobbi said...

You seem to have it so together!! You have had Allie for only a month. We've had Reese for six, and I am still like AHHHHHHHH a lot!

Can totally relate to the crazy nights.

The baseball team name brought tears to my eyes. Funny how Jacob reaches out to you. Those games will be so wonderful. Bet they win every one!

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I got tears in my eyes when I saw the boys in their Cardinals outfits. I am so amazed at how Jacob's strength has continued in heaven. He must be so determined to keep showing you his love!

Tara