Friday, September 14, 2007

Favorite Fotos Friday!


Hello friends,

Life continues to be busy and wonderful here at our house. We all enjoy Allie so very much and I can't tell you how we are blessed by this baby girl. She brings so much joy and laughter to our house each day and we are so thankful that God placed her in our life. Many times I look at her and am just overwhelmed . . . I just can't believe she is HOME, she is OURS and she is so WONDERFUL! We get such a kick out of her personality and have really gotten to know her likes and dislikes over the last several weeks. It has been so fun watching her grow and learn new things. We just love her so much and the boys adore her! They fight over who is going to feed her, push her in the stroller or sit next to her in the car. And it is so funny to watch them with her - they are so sweet and gentle and so proud of everything little thing she does!

Adoption is truly an amazing miracle and I am so glad we took that leap of faith and followed our hearts. I am so thankful every time I look at Allie's sweet face . . . she is proof that dreams come true and miracles do happen. I just see God's grace in her eyes and smile! And I know that she was sent by an angel to bring healing and happiness to our hearts - which she has done in so many ways.

My friends, Sarah, has started "FAVORITE FOTO FRIDAY" on her blog. However, I'm so behind on posting pics this week that I am just going to have to post a lot more than one! :) These are my favorite photos from the week! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. With all that we went through with Jacob - I have learned just how priceless photos can be! Sharing a little bit of God's grace with all of you . . .








Singing with Grandpa

Grandmom with her grandchildren!


Devin feeding Allie . . . Why is it we feel the need to open our mouths when we feed a baby?? :)


Brandon helping to give Allie a drink.


We definitely love our brown-eyed girl!


Future swimsuit model!


Reading a book before heading to the pool



Brandon, Devin & Kyle getting ready to jump in the pool



Getting sleepy in this picture!


At Sea World



Watching the dolphins




Four wonderful blessings!


Playing with Tigger




Kyle feeding Allie for the first time



Happy Baby!

Beautiful Baby!


Silly Baby
This picture cracks me up!





Okay - I know that was a lot of pics . . . I have such a hard time choosing! :)

Please check out the post below about Childhood Cancer Awareness and watch the video if you have time. And join me in praying for a CURE!

Ending with a scripture . . .

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from His love. Death can't and life can't. The angels can't and the demons can't. Our fears for today and our worries about tomorrow can't keep God's love away!"
Romans 8:38


"Remember God loves you unconditionally - just as you love your own children!"
-JGL from A Cup of Comfort


So thankful for God's love,



30 comments:

Carolein said...

Yay! Pictures!! I was hoping they'd be coming sometime soon! LOL She is just a BEAUTIFUL happy little girl!!! Have a wonderful weekend Duckworth's!!

Love,

Carolein & Family

Anonymous said...

You could put 100 pictures on there each time, and I'd still be sad when I see the last one. She is ADORABLE! I'm so happy for your darling family. You are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Oh Allie is the cutest little thing! I think all of those smiles have to be because she knows she has become a member of one of the most loving families! What a true blessing she is to all of you!
PS I think I see a little of Jacob in her, it's the eyes how they light up when she smiles! :)

Anonymous said...

Once again I really enjoyed your comment and of course those beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing your family with all of us. I am very sure your "angel Jacob" is so very proud and happy for all of you. Keep the photos coming..................

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Heather, for the beautiful pictures of your family. You can tell that Allie is so loved by all of you...I love looking at her pictures...she is such a beautiful little girl. What pretty eyes she has and do I see some little curls? I am sure Jacob is so glad to see you smiling. Keep those wonderful pictures coming!!!! Jana

Anonymous said...

How CUTE! Love all the pics. And I think that would make me want to adopt more. Just seeig how special she is. And no you can never have enough pics.

Catherine said...

I have followed your family for the past 2 years after a friend forwarded me Jacob's caringbridge site. I was thrilled to see that you all would be welcoming another child into your family. Through your honest and loving blogs both here and on the other site it is truly obvious as to the amazing family you have. Although we have never personally met you have encouraged me through your faith and love for Christ more times than I could begin to count. Thank you for continuing to share your lives and pictures. All 5 of your children are BEAUTIFUL, all of their smiles shine with pure joy and happiness.

Amy said...

I LOVE all the pictures, they make my heart smile. All your children are beautiful but Allie is so cute! I want to squeeze those chubby cheeks! How do you get her to wear all the cute headbands, bows and hats? My daughter takes them off as soon as I put it on.
Please pray for my son Luke. He's been having headaches for a while and a recent MRI shows a cyst on his brain. I take him to a Neurosurgeon on Monday at All Children's.
Love & Prayers!!

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful family. It's sooo sweet seeing little dark Allie with the boys. They are striking together.

snekcip said...

Love the pics!! Allie is thriving and growing more and more each day!

snekcip said...

LOVE THE PICS!! Allie seems to be thriving and getting MORE BEAUTIFUL day by day!!! Of course those boys are HANDSOME AS EVER!!!

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to see all the pictures. I wait anxiously each week and hope that you've posted them. Allie is absolutely beautiful and looks like such a sweet, sweet baby. The boys are so cute and seem to really love their little sister. You are such a wonderful family and desire nothing but happiness. Have a great weekend.
Sending love and hugs.

Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.

Sarah said...

Yeah!! I was hoping that you would post some FAVORITE FOTO FRIDAY pictures!! I have been dying to see more pictures of your gorgeous children!! Post all that you need to... it does not have to be just one (and seriously... nobody would leave you alone if you posted just one - LOL!!)!

I see such a sparkle in Allie's eyes! She knows she is home with her family where she belongs!!

Love you guys and hope to see you over the holidays this year!!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Trish ~CnJ's Mommy~ said...

Beautiful...just beautiful! I check your Blog often...and have since about 9 months before Jacob passed. My son's name is Jacob, he'll be 3 this month. And we've always used Frogs for him to, cause without God he would not be here. He doesnt have cancer, but he is medically challenged.

God Bless you all! {{hugs}}

Bobbi said...

Your family is overflowing with joy and happiness. After following you for well over a year it is nice to see. While I know Jacob is never far from your mind, your family finally has sparkle back in their eyes. Allie has truly helped to heal you all.

She is beautiful. Not to be outshined by her very handsome brothers-all four of them.

Anonymous said...

Heather, she is just beautiful...all of your kids (both here and heaven) are. She looks like such a fun little girl! It makes me long for a little boy in Guatemala...hopefully our PGN stay will not be too long. Anyway, adoption is a miracle in itself. We look at Maria and cannot believe that she is ours...and it has been a year. (not that every day is easy; she is three!) I look forward to MANY more pictures!
Reba

Nicole said...

There is no such thing as too many picture's!! They are all beautiful!

Kelly said...

ALL of your children are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE seeing how happy Allie is with her FOREVER family. Have fun with your kiddos!!
God Bless,
Kelly
CCI

Leeann said...

Your kids are all so beautiful. I loved the one of the boys by the pool and of course, all the pictures of Allie. Is that child ever unhappy? I hope you DON'T do favorite foto friday unless it is favorite FOTOS friday because I will be sad the day you post just one!
Hugs,
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Am thinkin' I'm going to really love Fridays! I LOVE pics!
Know that I'm here praying!
Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! Thanks for sharing.
Janet

Audra said...

Heather, I just Love reading your words and seeing the Beautiful pictures of you precious family. Allie is Home, where she belongs and everyone involved is Blessed, I can see that in the pictures. I am so Thankful to God for this Blessing in your lives. I Believe a Special Angel sent her to you :) Have a Wonderful weekend...we are coming to Florida next week to visit Disney World, Alec & Ava are bouncing off the walls with excitement!!!! "Only 4 more days Mom." Alec counts down every morning :) I can't wait to watch their faces glow when they actually see all the Magic. We will definately be thinking of one Amazing Angel while we are there, and Alec asked if we could send Jacob a balloon while we are there, I told him Absolutely we will. Much Love to you all
Love,
Audra

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather, I can never see too many pictures of Allie or the boys for that matter! I enjoy them all! I am looking forward to the Cure Kids Cancer Challenge, it is going to be a great day for a great cause! Love, Mary

Andrea said...

SO cute!! I just love all the pictures. ALL of your children are just gorgeous. My favorite is the "brown eyed girl" picture :) As a fellow brown eyed girl, I adore that picture! So gorgeous!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Anonymous said...

All I can do is echo every one else . . . you could not put too many pictures up for us ! We have been with you all and loved Jacob and cried with you and laughed with you and waited with you for Allie to come home. Now, we love seeing everyone in the Duckworth clan, beaming, ecstatic - in love with a baby girl with the spirit of Amazing Jacob, taking his family by storm and loving each and every one of you as though that was the last thing God whispered to her before she was born !
No, Heather, we are not tired yet, just so happy for you we can hardly contain ourselves . . . bring 'em on !
Love,
Sandy D
Atlanta

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I love picture day with the Duckworth's! All of your kiddos are just too cute, I can't stand seeing the last picture! Thank you for each and every photo and for the wonderful updates. The joy in your words is contagious. Continuing to keep you in my prayers, and as always I am praying for a cure!

Anonymous said...

Heather and Family,
I am so happy for all of you! Allie is a ray of sunshine, brought into your family by the grace of God and one Amazing Angel named Jacob. I know Jacob is beaming that beautiful smile of his, seeing how happy you all are. I love the pictures and love hearing the happiness and peace in your words. Allie is absolutely beautiful, breathingly beautiful. She is one lucky little girl to have such a loving family.
Congratulations and love to all of you and your beautiful brown eyed girl!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of the bathing beauty!! She's so cute. The boys look like they are in love and she looks so happy with them. I really believe that she already knew you were going to be her family. I think Jacob was telling her all about you guys long before you knew about her!! Can't wait for more Favorite Foto Fridays! And I could never pick just one picture either, I'd be so bad at that!!

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Anonymous said...

The thing with opening your mouth is actually somke biological thing. The thing we find funny about it is that it also tends to kick in when feeding adults in the nursing home. That looks very silly!