Thursday, September 6, 2007

Week in Pictures . . .

Another beautiful collage by ESTEFANÌA that I just had to share.
Click on the picture to make it bigger so you can read the poem . . .
I love it!




Definitely the princess of the house!


But she still knows how to have fun with her brothers . . . here she is laughing at them AGAIN!

Ready for her 1st time at church!


This picture was the boys' idea - they do LOVE their sister!
And I love watching them with her. She definitely brings out the sweet side of my boys!



After church on Sunday


Swimming at Grandpa's house


Which she LOVED!


Getting some love from Daddy




Not sure what my goofy guys are doing here - but they wanted me to take a picture of them! :)



Daddy caught a snake at Grandpa's house . . . YUCK!





I hope you all have a wonderful week, my friends!


Ending with a scripture . . .

" . . . Stop and consider the wonderful miracles of God!"
Job 37:14


"Children give us another chance to see, to be enthralled, to inhale the world around us. They help us live in wonder again."
Susan Stanley


Living in wonder,

51 comments:

JuJu - said...

so happy to see her home and know you guys are happy and doing so well:)

God is do good:)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures of a beautiful princess and her "prince" brothers. Love all the little dresses. Allie looks so happy and content as does the rest of her family. I am so happy for your family. Thank you for the update and have a wonderful weekend and week ahead

Anonymous said...

These pictures made my day!!! I love looking at Allie. She is indeed beautiful. Give her a big kiss from a faithful prayer warrior.
Have a happy day.
Lisa Mize

Anonymous said...

Your family is so beautiful. I can tell that you are having fun shopping for a little princess!

Anonymous said...

I made a post this morning commenting on how beautiful Allie is. Then I had to take the girls to school. Much to my delight, there you were unpacking the stroller from your van. Thank you soooo much for letting me see Princess Allie. Being able to touch her little hand was the biggest thrill. She's a celebrity at 6 months old. Thank you for sharing her with everyone. She is trully a gift from our Heavenly Father.
Lisa Mize

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

I loved your picture post, and the picture from your friend including Jacob, how special!

Thank goodness you live in Florida, I don't know what that girl would do if she couldn't go swimming!! She's so cute!

It looks like Allie has adjusted well and is keeping her family very busy! Enjoyed the post so much today, I always love to see glimpses of your family.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! It's obvious just how happy Allie is and how much in love with her you all are. Thanks for continuing to share you precious family with us! Looks like someone's been having a great time shopping for "girly" clothes. I love the bathing suit!!

Leece said...

I am so very, very happy for you all. Your story will inspire so many families embroiled in the complications of overseas adoption to keep the faith while ploughing through the red tape. Allie is a very blessed little girl to have found her family - and it obvious that you feel blessed to have be given her by God. Jacob is surely smiling down on you.

LIBSMOM said...

Look how she's poised to bat the ball back to her Daddy! You've got a sports girl on your hands!
As always, your pictures bring tears to my eyes as my husband and I contemplate international adoption and it's daunting paperwork, you give us inspiration!
I admit that I check several times a day to see if you've graced us with more pictures and an update. Thank you for sharing so much with us.

Anonymous said...

I was really enjoying your pictures until I got to the end! EWE! I'm terrified of snakes!!!! But I really LOVED the other pictures! What a beautiful family you have - and Allie is absolutely adorable. She's always so, so happy.
Carrielynn

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. God is Good!

Maggie - Mom of Six said...

She fits right into the bunch! I can only imagine when she starts walking how she is going to shadow those boys. I am so glad you got her home and she has fit in so well. The pictures are really great!

Anonymous said...

hello.i am a 70 year old granny from canada and have followed jacobs site for a long time...it is indeed wonderful to see the happiness on everyones face as you start your lives with this beautiful child.these boys are going to spoil her so much......i love it.....sincerely patti

Twisted Branches said...

Wonderful pictures! Allie is so cute. She melts my heart. And those boys have the most stunning blue eyes. Handsome little men! Little girls and Daddy's...isn't it just the most amazing thing? Watching them form this incredibly strong bond. I give Donnie 1 more week and Allie will have him completely wrapped around his finger. :)
Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us Duckworths! I just know Jacob is smiling his gorgeous big ear to ear smile as he watches his family. I'm sure he's visited Allie a few times already! Truly wonderful!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Being a grandma, I guess I always thought my granddaughter was the cutest and none could compare, but I must say, Allie probably is the next cutest (next to Lauren) baby I have ever seen. I know this new experience will only enhance the already rich and full lives you all have.

As always, my best wishes to your family.

Elinor

Anonymous said...

What a perfect and beautiful baby girl! You can tell Allie (and the entire family) is thriving from all the love and joy in your household. She fits in, as if a special angel picked her out just for you!

Your abundant blessings and happy smiles brighten my day! Thank you so much for sharing photos of your *amazing* family.

Sending our love, hugs and smiles from Cali!

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks great, and Allie is so beautiful! I smile every time I see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so great! Allie is just so beautiful and she looks so happy. She was definitely brought to you by your angel. I'm so happy for you all and thank you for sharing this joy with us all.

Dawn Hartwig

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and happy family you have. The pictures of Allie and the boys have just made my day.
I always come to your site hoping that you have posted. Allie is absolutely beautiful and I love her little dresses. You must be having a fun time shopping.
Sending love and hugs,

Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Allie is wearing my FAVORITE dress, the white one! I love the flowers on her head.

Gosh...she was just sent to your family strait from HEAVEN! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you all.

Looks like you are having so much dressing Alli, you finally get your baby doll!

I knew the boys would just adore her. They are so precious.

She will have 4 older brothers always looking over her!

Wish you were coming with us to see Beth Moore in Nashville, but I know your hands are full.

Love you Heather!

Susan

Estefania said...

Wow!!
Im amazed at HOW BEAUTIFUL Allie is!
It apperas as if she was born in that house, from your belly.. she just CLICK with your family.
May God Bless you always.

Estefania Peña V.
http://estefiplayground-estefania.blogspot.com/

The Nanny said...

she is so beautiful! and she definitely seems as if she's been with your family forever :-)

Sarah said...

What a beautiful and happy baby Allie is!! The boys are so precious loving on their sister! And the snake... Ewww!!

So happy that you are all together as a family!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Anonymous said...

Okay, that was NOT NICE! Looking at all these wonderful pictures of your amazing family and then you go and stick that SNAKE in there?! ;o)

Praying for you right now!
Psalms 55:16-17 As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful! I bet you all can't help but shower her with so much love!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh she is soooooooo cute! I am so happy for you guys!!! You can definately see the love on the whole families face! Enjoy your new princess!

Anonymous said...

Okay, it seems as if Kyle is almost as tall as his dad!!! I can't believe how big the boys are getting. And I'm so jealous that Allie is such a swimmer. We've tried to get Derek in the pool a few times and he hates it. I love to see Allie's smiles, but I'm not at all surprised at how happy she is--just look at how God has blessed her already!

I was watching Caleb and Derek play the other day and thought of the perfect gift from Jacob to Allie. Derek has a Leap Frog Learning Table that has lots of different buttons to push, etc., and plays lots of different tunes. Well, every time one of the songs would start, Derek would seriously start shaking his booty. I thought that'd be a perfect way for Allie to be "close" to her brother and it just made me smile. It's perfect for her age now because it is something they can pull themselves up with and then either sit on their knees or stand up while playing on it.

Oh yeah, Florida has some DISGUSTING snakes. Nothing like that here in Oregon, except maybe at the zoo!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, happy little girl!!! The smiles and bright eyes clearly reflect the love she is receiving from her brothers, mom, dad, and a special little angel that I'm sure is with her all the time. I can't think of a gift more precious and to such a deserving family! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

she is just beautiful. i adore that big, beautiful, glorious smile she has on her cute chubby face in all the pictures.

and the boys look like they are so in love with their baby sister.

you have a beautiful family! and you're giving me baby fever. ;)

nell

Anonymous said...

Heather~
Every evening I come to this blog to see the pictures of your beautiful family. I love the picture of you holding Allie and standing with her foster mom. I love how she is gripping your shirt as if she knows you are her mommy and she will never let go. She is so very precious! Soak in every moment. As you well know the days just go by too quickly!

Sending love and prayers from Kansas!
Jennifer Rivera

Anonymous said...

Love the tongue hanging out in the pool picture. So sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

How blessed you all are to have a new special angel in your life. Don't you know Jacob is all smiles as he watches Allie and the boys. It sounds like Jacob got the first kiss on the back of the neck. God bless you all.

Kelly said...

You have truly been blessed with 5 BEAUTIFUL angels from above!!
God Bless,
Kelly
CCI

Bobbi said...

What a beautiful and happy family. You are all glowing. Glad she is adjusting so well.

Anonymous said...

The very first picture of her in this post took my breath away. She is so beautiful. What a lucky little girl she is to have you all as her family. God is good -- ALL THE TIME!

Anissa Mayhew said...

Heather,

Thank you so much for bringing her on Friday! It was a huge blessing to get to see her, to hold her sweetness in my arms and to just look in those beautiful brown eyes. It is impossible to express how perfect and wonderful she is and what a gift from God she is.

I praise our Lord for His wisdom in bringing this child into this family and fulfilling a need in the lives of both. I pray that every day brings you more happiness and more joy.

I can't wait to see her...I mean, you both, hahaha, again soon!

Love,
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so happy and excited for your family. All of the pictures are wonderful, and Allie seems to be such a happy baby. What a blessing to have such a sweet addition to your family, and how amazing that she has a birthmark just like the boys all do. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures, and your family. Congratulations! Jill Provens

Anonymous said...

There is a Prayer Request form on Jacob's site, but this blog gets so much traffic, that I thought I would post this prayer request here. There is a little boy named Thunder who is reaching the end of his journey and his mom is not doing very well, both physically and mentally, so if some of the Faithful Froggers could go to www.caringbridge.org/visit/thunder, I am sure any words of encouragement would be most appreciated by the family.

snekcip said...

Loved the pics of Allie and the boys! Allie looks loke an old pro in that pool!! I'm so happy for your family!! I was just oohing and ahhing until....the GROSS SNAKE....YECH!! I would have literally fainted!! I remember another photo you had w/a snake in it. I believe it was in the backyard or something! I see Donnie has picked up a "side profession" (Snake handler!!)

Leeann said...

What beautiful children you have...all four of them!
I think of Jacob so often throughout my day.
Big hugs to all of you,
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The beauty in the pictures is exquisite! Can it be possible that Allie is even more beautiful now that she is home with her loving family? I keep checking in just to look at the pictures! :) I hope that all is going well, I know that you are busy loving on your new baby girl. My heart feels at peace for you. I'll be seeing you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Heather.
Just thinking of you today. The weeks pictures are wonderful. I so enjoy coming to your site for my daily dose of sweetness and smiles from the Duckworth family. I am still looking forward to your book coming out. I'm sure it's taken a backseat lately but I haven't forgotten. There are many people I want to share it with.
Have a fabulous day!
Hugs from MN...
Janet

Anonymous said...

I love the tongue!! Is that the cutest smile in the world or what?

Carmen said...

Heather my favorite picture is the one of Allie holding her hand up waiting for the ball, I think that is so sweet.I hope you all have had another good week, I can't wait to see more pictures.
Carmen

Tiffany said...

So Cute!

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather, Donnie and family,
How uplifting it is to come to your blog site and read your posts and see your beautiful children. I loved hearing that all of you children have those strawberry birthmarks then you know Allie definitely belongs in your family:)
She is one lucky little girl and I love how you dress her so cute....your boys always look handsome too:) Thanks for sharing your family with us, I imagine a little angel in heaven is quite pleased that Allie is a part of your family and I am sure he played a part in it:)
God bless,
love and hugs,
Kathy and Dave

Anonymous said...

still waiting on updates!! Loving the Pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hope your next group of pictures includes grandparents.

Nicole said...

She is so beautiful!! It looks like she is settled in her new home with her family :)

Anonymous said...

Heather and family -
I haven't checked your sites for a bit, but your family is always in the back of my mind. I am so happy to see that Allie is home with her family. So happy that you are all doing well. Also wanted you to know that I think of Jacob everytime I see a frog or cardinal...
Still praying for your family - so glad you are sharing Allie with everyone!
Take care and God bless -
Kahn Family - Corsicana, TX

Karen said...

Allie is simply a beautiful baby. And she looks so happy!! You were definitely blessed to have a foster mother in Guatemala who did much more than make sure Allie had food and a place to sleep. I am considering adoption from Guatemala myself (and hoping the elections don't change things) and I showed your site to a friend of mine. She got so excited when she saw Allie's picture!

I have also signed your GB over at Jacob's site and followed your story there for a couple of years. I am so glad that Allie found a place with your family and that she has her 4 big brothers to help take care of her and watch out for her as she grows up.