Happy Monday!
I can't believe that another week has flown by and we are already heading into the end of October! Where does the time go? We have had another very busy week with the golf tournament, visiting pumpkin patches and going to fall festivals! We've also had a couple more doctor appts. and baseball games along the way. Our days are crazy but I wouldn't trade a minute of it.
Brandon did see the plastic surgeon last week for a consultation visit. I really felt out of place sitting in the waiting room with Brandon . . . surrounded by advertisements for Botox and implants. But the doctor quickly put us at ease and was fantastic with Brandon - very kid-friendly! This doctor also thought that this thing on Brandon's neck looked like a benign granuloma but a biopsy will still be done to confirm it. He also felt that the surgery should be done at the children's hospital - with Brandon put to sleep . . . which is more involved than we were hoping - but probably for the best since Brandon is nervous about the whole procedure. So Brandon's appt. is Nov. 2 - first thing in the morning - and hopefully it will be uneventful. Brandon is still pretty anxious - but he is ready for it to be removed because a lot of the kids at school have been asking him about it.
Donnie's parents made it in town . . . but weren't here for 30 minutes before they got a call that Donnie's uncle had passed away after a 2 year battle with lymphoma leaving behind a wife and 2 children in college. So - Donnie's parents rented a car and drove to South Carolina for the funeral. Unfortunately, Donnie and I weren't able to go because the service was the same day as Jacob's golf tournament. But our thoughts and prayers are definitely with all of them and it makes us all the more determined to keep fighting for the cure! Thankfully Donnie's parents were able to come back and spend a few days before heading home. We had so much fun with them and were so glad that they finally got to meet Allie!
The golf tournament was wonderful - a beautiful day and the turn-out was great! We are always so grateful for all of the support and we can't thank Enterprise enough for hosting this event. We are so glad to have this special day to celebrate Jacob - who truly was the bravest, most amazing little person I have ever known! It was estimated that $60,000 was raised for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation. Donnie and I had the opportunity to speak at the dinner - and this year Kyle wanted to talk, too. He wrote out what he wanted to say all by himself and we were so proud that he actually got up and talked in front of everyone. Cancer truly affects the entire family and my boys were always there for Jacob and will never forget all that he went through.
Allie all dressed and ready to go to the golf tournament dinner.
The boys waiting for the golfers to arrive so they could eat!
We were able to have lots of fall fun with Donnie's parents in town! We visited the pumpkin patch, went to Zoo Boo (which is Halloween fun at our local zoo) and 2 fall festivals. Needless to say - I have hundreds of pictures to share - so I will share them over the next couple of days in several picture posts! :)
Allie is simply amazing and is doing fantastic. I am so thankful for her easy transition - it feels as if she has always been a part of our family. She fits in so well with all of us and is full of smiles and giggles. She has such a fun personality and keeps us laughing all day with her funny faces and sounds. She is without a doubt our daughter . . . in heart, mind and soul! We all love her so much and she definitely receives hundreds of hugs and kisses all day long. We thank God for her everyday - what a blessed gift she is to our family! Of course the boys adore her and are such wonderful helpers! I didn't have all this help when they were little . . .
Kyle snuggling with Allie in the morning after they just woke up!
Brandon & Devin helping with the feedings!
We have another very busy week coming up . . . baseball games, school activities, more doctor appts., and planning a Halloween party at our house on Friday night. We hardly have time to catch our breath . . . but whenever I start to feel overwhelmed with our hectic schedule I think of Jacob and all the time that we spent in the hospital . . . And it is then that I feel so grateful that we get to spend our days busy with the normalcy of life. I am so thankful for the baseball games, homework and Halloween parties. I am so thankful for the craziness . . . and for the laughter and the love that always ends our normal, crazy days!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am."
Philippians 4:13
The Message
Thanking God for normal days,



11 comments:
I am so Thankful to God for the normalcy that you guys are Blessed to experience, the housefull of HEALTHY children that fill the air with Laughs & Love. I just can't express enough Heather how Happy I am for Allie in your lives. I continue to think of Jacob everyday and I thank God for him as well.
So glad to hear that the golf celebration was a Huge success, but I didn't doubt it, there was a Special Boy behind those scenes :)
I will be praying for Brandon's anxiety and for the procedure to go smooth on Nov. 2.
Life is so fast and I guess the only way to enjoy it is to Really Embrace it, just like you do! I'm so proud of you, you are a very strong woman, you are definately Armored with God.
FROG & Much Love
Audra
What a nice post! Everyone looks happy...and I am so very glad. I know jacob is always in the back of your mind and he is in so many of ours too. :)
Kisses for Baby Allie and prayers still being said for Brandon.
Love and Hugs..
Wow! First to comment!
Stopping by to let you know I'm still praying! Praying especially as you face yet another child having surgery!
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Thanks for the update and all the great pics--Allie sure is getting big!!! I'm wondering if Kyle's speech was recorded (yours and Donnie's too) because it'd be cool to watch them on youtube or someplace. Just a thought. I teared up when I read that Kyle wanted to speak. They were happy tears though :-) I love the Halloween collage on Jacob's site.
Blessings to your sweet family! I'm praying that Brandon's procedure goes smoothly and that this chapter is able to close.
I love the photos of Allie and her big brothers, particularly the one of Allie looking up at Devin - a beautiful bond between them! I know your precious Jacob is close by as the angel brother. May all of you continue to love on your sweet girl.
With love, Lynne B.
Heather....I work for a plastic surgeon in Dallas. We take kids Brandon's age to the O.R. to remove benign lesions like his ONLY because of the stress and anxiety they feel if they're removed in the office, and you don't want to sedate a child in an office setting. He'll be fine!! Listen to the PS's advice about sun avoidance on the scar. A new scar, when it gets sunburned, turns purple and stays that color for a long time. He'll need to be careful in the pool with a bandaid or Steristrip, even next summer. Best of luck! Love your posts!!
So glad that Brandon will have his procedure soon, which I am sure will be very innocent. I can only imagine how stressed out he must feel, both with worry and having the other children being so curious about it.
So happy to see your update and pictures of your sweet chidren! I love that picture of Allie on Kyle's chest... she looks so content and at home. I am glad her transition has been as easy as we experienced with Sophie.
Wow... $60,000 at the golf tournament in honor of Jacob? He is still one amazing kiddo to pull all those people together to make a difference in the lives of other children! I know you must be so proud!
I am sorry to hear of Donnie's uncle's passing. My prayers are with your family as you must endure yet another loss of somebody you love.
I hope that Brandon's procedure goes well for him. Poor guy, I know he is scared, but we will all pray for him!
Have fun with all your busy, fun times! You sure deserve some normalcy in the day to day... enjoy!
Love and FROG!
Sarah and Sophie~Bug
Heather, thanks for continuing to keep us updated on your precious family. I just love the pictures of Allie with the boys - you can see how crazy in love they are with her. I'll be praying that all goes well with Brandon's surgery.
Hi! I am so excited the golf tournament was so successful once again! Good job, Kyle for speaking in front of everyone! I continue to pray for Brandon- he does have the most amazing angel watching over him!
Smile :)
WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!!! I just keep saying that over and over.. $60,000!!! Imagine how many children that is going to help! He is as amazing in heaven as he was on earth.. How lucky you are to be his mom..
And OH my goodness, is Allie ever a cutie.. I am so happy she is with you all and you are able to celebrate this holiday season with her.. I just love the picture of her on Kyle's chest.. So precious...
Frogging in Iowa, Shawna
Post a Comment