Just a quick update to let you know that Brandon's surgery went well today. It was a long day . . . we had to be at the hospital at 6am. We were a little shaken this morning when the surgeon told us that Brandon would be intubated during the surgery. After all that we went through with Jacob . . . that just wasn't what we wanted to hear! But because Brandon had to be on his side during the surgery - they needed to intubate to keep his airway open. Thankfully the procedure only took about an hour and they immediately removed the breathing tube afterwards. Brandon had no complications and did fantastic - we were so proud of him. Of course he is just thrilled that it is over with and that the granuloma is gone. We were home around 1pm and Brandon has felt great all day. You can just see the relief in his face and the sparkle back in his eyes. He had been so worried about having surgery. Thank you so much for your prayers and concern.
We all had to smile when we walked into Brandon's recovery room at the hospital . . . it was done in FROGS! :) Definitely a sign of one amazing angel watching over Brandon today.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection."
Proverbs 30:5



32 comments:
Yeah!! SO happy for Brandon that all went well and he is home and smiling!!
LOVE that he had a frog room!!
Sarah
Thrilled that everything went so well today! Now that's enough! NO MORE HOSPITALS!
Still praying!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
I'm so happy for Brandon that he did so well.Children always seem to do so much better than we do.I knew Jacob would be there for you all.Have a great weekend.
Carmen
Soooo glad to hear the good news! I have not stopped thinking about him all day. Tell him we are thinking about him and get some rest...and he will be back to normal in no time.
Love and Hugs..
I'm so glad to hear the Brandon's surgery went so well. I hope his recovery goes just as smoothly.
I've been checking and praying, but not posting too often... Just wanted to let you know I was still here, loving all your stories and pictures, praying for you all. Loved the pictures of Halloween and all your boys with their fairy princess... so cute.
It is bittersweet, for me, looking at the pictures, wondering what Jacob would have been and how he would have been with Allie. I know she got so many hugs and kisses from him in Heaven and before she came to your family, but still...
So happy that everything went well with Brandon. I feel like Brandon will walk away from this experience understanding Jacob that much more. To know, for himself, on some small level, just how brave and AMAZING Jacob really was through all of his treatments and tests...to have shared that first-hand, with his brother...
I know from your posts on Jacob's site that he and Brandon had a special connection, so it seems only natural that Jacob would decorate that room with FROGs to let Brandon know that they are never really far apart.
With love, Kyle
Praise God!
I am so happy everything went well, and this is OVER with. (I am sure Brandon is thrilled, and he can now enjoy a wonderful stress-free weekend!)
The Halloween pics were adorable as always. You have such beautiful children!
Love, Kristin Amato
P.S. The frog room just gave me goose bumps! =)
Glad that Brandon's procedure went well. Hopefully, that will be the end of any health scares for all of you.
i'm so happy 2 hear that every thing went well with brandon surgery n he is home smiling n got the spark back in his eyes. yes our special angels always sendin us such special message n jcob was definetly send 1 with all the frogs
always in nmy prayers
Of course - frogs ! ! ! What else ?! I am so thrilled just to see, on paper, that Brandon is as good as new and back to his post of protecting the princess !
Thanks for letting us all know and have a wonderful weekend. I know you are all thinking turkeys and being thankful . . .
Love,
Sandy
Atlanta
That is GREAT!
Glad you are all home safe now!
Have a good weekend!
FROG room :o)
God bless all of you!
Heather
IL
Thank you for the update! I thought about Brandon all day, yesterday and so glad he is back to his smiling self! Have a lovely weekend!
Smile :)
YEA!!! I was so glad to read this good news! Bless his heart....I am so glad especially that this is behind him and he doesn't have to worry anymore. I had tears in my eyes and chills when I read about the FROGS in his recovery room. Definitely tells you that Jacob was there and continues to watch over all of you. What a precious angel!
Have a SUPER weekend and week!
Love,
Kelly
Oh, thank you God for safety for Brandon during the surgery. Praise the Lord it is over and all is well. And thank you Angel Jacob for sending the FROGS in the recovery room - so, so sweet of you. OK, now we can all relax and have a beautiful weekend. We serve an awesome God who is good all the time. Praise His Name!!
I think that is so neat how God leaves you little signs of Jacob where ever you all go. Such an awesome thing! So Glad Brandon did well. WHat a big accomplishment for him. After all he has seen in his little life. That must have been so scary. He came out with flying colors GOOD JOB!!!! Must have been very scary for you mom and Dad as well.
You guys are such a blessing!
Happy to hear that Brandon (along with Mom and Dad) made it through and all is well. I check on you often and you are always in my prayers. Loved the pictures of the boys and Allie-she is a most precious gift!
Keeping you all in daily prayers....
Linda Gentry
Way to go Brandon! I'm so glad your surgery went so well. You're a CHAMP!!
So glad everythng went great with Brandon! What a trooper!
I'm so Thankful to God that all went well and it is Over! I just Love Knowing Jacob is still so very much a part of your daily lives, he shows you all clear signs that he is there and I just Love that! He will Always be one Amazing Jacob!
Way to go Brandon! Yeah that it is OVER!
Love to all
Audra
So glad that it all went well.
Gave me goosebumps about the room being done in FROGS. You get signs everywhere.
Praise be to God!! I am thrilled that Brandon is all ok now!! Too Cool about the FROG recovery room! I agree Jacob was looking out for him and "talking" to Brandon! I hope you are having a beautiful weekend! Sorry I was too frazzled to sign in sooner.
Love to you all!
Brandon,
Glad to hear you made it through your surgery like a CHAMP!!! How cool your brother gave you a FROG room to make you feel better!!! Take care!!!
SS
So glad to see Brandon's surgery went well!! I know he definitely had his AMAZING BROTHER, JACOB watching over him!!! Hug those sweet boys and the GuatAmerican princess for me!!!
Ive never posted to you but have been following Jacob's story for the last few years.... I must tell you - Allie is JUST JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a BEAUTIFUL SMILE SHE HAS!!!!! I LOVE HER CHEEKS!!!! And your family and their "frogs" AMAZING FOR SURE!!!!! You have a beautiful family Heather!! Keep up the AWESOME WORK!!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!!!
*muah*
Praise God that all went well with Brandon!
And I almost fell out of my chair when I saw all those foods for your Halloween party! I was like, "Not only is she always sooo organized, with everyone all dressed and looking great for the appropriate holiday - but she has time to make little spiders out of bread???" I was relieved when you said your mom did most of the cookling (now I see here you get your skills from!).
Hey Heather,
Kristin called me Friday to tell me the good news about Brandon, I was so EXCITED.
Praise God this is now behind you guys.
And then the recovery rooms with the frogs, oh my...
God is so good, I just LOVE how he continues to show you Jacob is having fun. (some how I think he had that arranged!!)
Love you and your beautiful family,
Susan
GREAT JOB, BRANDON!!!
and Praise the Lord! I was so happy to hear that all went well on Friday. And how amazing to have the room with FROGS...that made me smile. :-)
Thanks for posting all the halloween pictures. I always enjoy you pictures, Heather. It's fun to see how they have grown and changed over the years. But oh, how I miss seeing Jacob's sweet smiling face among his siblings!!
Allie's smiling face is so adorable! What a precious little girl she is.
Have a wonderful week!
Love and hugs,
Janet DeRosier
Ok, my friend, you are way too creative for me!! I LOVED those pictures of all the Halloween fun you had.
I'm so glad that our prayers over Brandon were answered. I hope that the healing process is quick and easy.
Can I just tell you how much I love that he was in the frog room?? Now I see frogs in the most unusual places, I wonder if they were always there and I just didn't see them.
Love and frogging witih you!
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org
No matter what happens, keep your eyes on the Lord! Know that I'm praying!
Psalms 125:1-2 They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever. As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.
what great news Heather! I am sure you all enjoyed the weekend after the surgery went so well. It could only be JAcob watching over Brandon and letting him know with the Frog room! Monica
Brandon's recovery room being done in frogs brought tears to my eyes. God is so good. He does such amazing things for us. I'm glad the sparkle is back in Brandon's eyes! I know it's back in Mom's eyes too.
Hope you received positive test results from the surgery.
Post a Comment