Friday, February 1, 2008

Favorite Fotos Friday & Birthday Wishes



Today is my mom's birthday so I want to wish her a very

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I have the best mom ever and I am so thankful for everything she does for us. She is giving and kind and so very talented! She is always willing to help me with projects or babysit or pick something up at the store for me. We are lucky enough to live only 5 houses apart - so I see my mom everyday. I just love her so much - and so do the kids!! They are blessed to have such a special Grandmom!




A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
~Washington Irving





Favorite Fotos Friday . . .


Allie loves to play with her brothers' toys.

Balls . . .


Dinosaurs . . .

Pirate Ships . . .
(She even makes the sound effects as you can see by her face!)


And she likes their sunglasses . . .




And baseball hats!


So with 3 older brothers . . .



What are the odds of Allie being a tomboy?? :0)



And some other favorite photos from the week . . .


Allie & Minnie were watching a heron outside the window.
(You can barely see it on the sidewalk)




Our first attempt at pigtails!



Please know how very much I appreciated all the comments to my last post - you all are the best! I sometimes forget that many of you have been with our family since the beginning of Jacob's story and it was great to hear from "first-time" signers and "old-timers" alike. :) Thanks for remembering and caring and praying and encouraging. God has wrapped His love around us through all of you!

I have a busy day - shopping with a friend this morning, meeting my mom for a birthday lunch, picking up the boys from school and then I have to finish packing because we are headed out of town with family and friends for a fun-filled weekend . . . So that's why I'm posting early today. ;) I hope you all have a weekend filled with love, laughter and blessings!


Ending with a scripture that I LOVE! Read the words carefully - this scripture just fit my life right now in so many ways and speaks to me loud and clear!

"Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives. Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good. Let us, your servants, see you work again; let our children see your glory."
Psalm 90:14-16



Satisfied each morning,

21 comments:

Liz from Maryland said...

Heather: Please wish your mom a very happy birthday. You are both so lucky to have each other and great for the kids that you live just a few houses apart.
Your pictures this week are fantastic. I especially like the one of Allie and Minnie looking out the window. Have a fun filled weekend and know that I'm thinking about you.
Sending love and higs,

Bobbi said...

I always love to see Allie and her outfits. She is the best dressed kid in town!! I think the polka dot dress is my favorite. The ponies are cute!! Girls hair is fun to do.

Now, you need to get that girl some Barbies!!! She is not too young!

I love how they make sound effects. Reese does car, truck, and tractor sounds. He is a boy through and through!!

Have a fun weekend. Happy Birthday to your Mom.

lesleegp said...

That has to be THE MOST beautiful baby I've ever seen!!! Her cuteness is just off the scale!

Anonymous said...

I love all the favorite fotos! You have such a photogenic family. Have a great weekend away Heather! Hugs from Fort Worth.

leeanne said...

Happy Birthday 'Grandmom'! Heather, the photos of Allie are adorable. She may play with the boys, but with all the pink, frills, hair bows, etc. she's bound to be 'girly'! :) Thanks for sharing your faith, as always. I look forward to your posts and witness to your faith as I struggle with my own. Have a fantastic weekend.

JanetPG said...

I didn't get a chance to comment on the last entry. Like others, I remember well that entry and the difficulty of that month of August, 2005. I kept you all in my prayers at that time, and continue to do so.

Sarah said...

Enjoy your day and weekend!! Happy Birthday to your mom!!! That is so sweet that you live so close and have such an amazing relationship!!

LOVE all the pics of your gorgeous kids!!!!

Amy S. said...

Happy Birthday To Grandmom! The picture of Allie and Minnie looking out the window is sooooooo cute. Enjoy your weekend away!

Love and Hugs..

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! Love your pictures!!

Susan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMOM!!

Heather, please give your mom a great big hug for me. I know how close you two are, and oh, what a gift from God she is indeed.

I can see why you love her so much, she has truly been a ROCK in your life, and in the life of your sons.

Heather, as much as you love her, and depend on her, I know she feels so PROUD to be YOUR MOM!

I pray you have the same relationship with Allie as she gets older.

Now, speaking of Allie, oh my, she has to be the CUTEST, OK, I can't say that, but gosh...she is so ADORABLE! I could just squeeze her fat little cheeks...

She reminds me so MUCH OF JORDAN as a baby, same disposition, tan, big eyes, same hair, you would have to see his baby pictures!

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend away. I'll look forward to seeing the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Patricia I too !
It fills my heart with joy to know there is an Allie Patricia today.

Reading your journal entry from
'05 again brought back so many sad memories for me also but I quickly reminded myself that Jacob is "home", healed, watching over his family and waiting for the day he will be with you again.

Then there is the addition of the beautiful Allie to the equation, what a wonderful light she has been in the life of everyone who knows her. Like her brothers, she brings a smile to all who see her.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and that you return safely to all of us shortly.

Love,
Sandy D
Atlanta

My Life said...

Heather,
A very happy birthday to your mother. She is so lucky to have you as her daughter. :)

I look forward to your Favorite Fotos Friday because I love every picture you put on the site. The one of Allie and Minnie is priceless. You should enter it in some kind of photo contest because it's so cute! And the one of all your children is precious. Your children are growing so quickly!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

The pics of the two of them looking out the window are priceless!
Happy birthday, Grams!
Praying!
Isaiah 63:9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

Rohrbachs said...

You have got the cutest kids! My goodness . I love looking at your pictures!

Kelly said...

Love the pictures. Your children are so beautiful. I think Allie will grow up to be beautiful, sweet, caring...and very girly. Yet I have a feeling she'll have a lot of spunk in her and a mind of her own that will serve her well in life.

Heather - PLEASE share where you got that adorable polka dot outfit she's wearing. Wow...so cute! I can't get over the sleeveless tops she's able to wear in FEBRUARY! I'm in California and it's not THAT cold...but it's definitely not warm enough for that here!!

Marianne said...

Heather
Truly enjoyed your journey, your children are adorable! Allie is growing up so fast....

You have been tagged...go to my blog and see the rules.

www.fromguatemalawithlove-olivia.blogspot.com

Jodee said...

What a sweet tribute to your Mom. You are so lucky to have each other so close!

The pictures of Allie are absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm still here praying!
Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Kristina said...

Heather. On blurb.com you can print your blog. Its REALLY cool. You download your blog to it and all the pictures and it prints it in a NICE BOOK! Take a look

Audra said...

Happy "late" Birthday to Grandmom! I hope you all had an Amazing weekend getaway, you all deserve it. Heather, thank you so much for sharing your family & life with all of us out here who have grown to Love your whole family. The pictures you post are so cute and thourouly enjoyed :)
I am so thankful to God for the Joy you have found in your life once again, and for the HOPE that remains in your Heart to be with Jacob again in Eternity. God truly does Bless.
With Much Love & continued Prayers
Audra

Anonymous said...

OMG, Allie is so gorgeous! What joy in her face! Just checking in with you... it's been awhile since I posted. Still thinking about you all a lot, and praying for you, and remembering Jacob, too.