Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Allie's Big News

Hello friends,

Big news at our house this weekend!! Allie FINALLY cut her very first tooth. I am so excited - because I was beginning to think she would never have any teeth. :) And I think we can officially say that she is walking! She walks everywhere now - although she is still quite wobbly. However, she is completely fearless - which makes me all the more fearful of her falling and hurting herself. It is so wonderful to experience these milestones with her. I just love this age because she is learning something new everyday.

We had another very busy - and fun weekend! The boys were out of school on Friday, so we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. Allie LOVED it and we all had fun watching her get so excited. Then Saturday my mom had company so we joined them for dinner so they could see the boys and meet Allie. Here's Allie - ready to go!

Feeling that new tooth!She just cracks me up - what fun she is!
She looks like she's dancing in the next 2 pics.

Loving on her frog - pure sweetness!

I just love this picture!


On Sunday we went to a Laser Tag Birthday party - where the boys (including Daddy & Grandpa) had so much fun!






Unfortunately sickness has invaded our house once again - Brandon has been running a high fever and feeling terrible since Sunday night. He is home from school again today - conked out on the couch - which isn't like him at all. I'm guessing there were some serious germs on that laser tag equipment . . . And I am praying that he doesn't share those germs with anyone else in the house. I am off to go Lysol and bleach the house down . . . once again. Anyone else feel like it's been a terrible cold and flu season?? It's not even cold here - but I'm ready for spring in the hopes that the cold season will end!

Ending with a scripture . . .
"Your life is a journey you must travel with a deep consciousness of God."
1 Peter 1:17
The Message
Traveling with God,

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im in Canada and can tell you....this cold/flu season has been horrible!.. hope he is feeling better soon!

Our Family of 5 said...

She has the best smile!! What a cutie. I love her outfit too. And the boys, dad and grandma all look like they were having fun too =)

Faith Hope Love Photography said...

My kids are just the same way, getting sick all the time. I had heard many, many times about Echinacea and I decided to try it on my 4 yr old. She is the type who when gets sick, is down for at least a week and with the flu we even have had to giver her IV's. Well, so far so good. She didn't catch this last nasty bug that has been going around her so we are keeping our fingers crossed. Just a thought and maybe others would like to know about it. I just love to read all of your updates, they are so uplifting and wonderful to see your views and helpful ones on how to raise kids in a christian environment.
Faithful follower from MN :)

Jenn said...

We have had a sickness in our family that just won't go away! So yes I feel like you do about the cold season!

Allie is adorable. I love the pink outfit!

Rachel said...

Go Allie! All the kids (even the grown one) look like they had fun. Prayers for good health!

Susan said...

Hi Heather,

Sorry I missed these last 2 posts. I've been busy this past weekend with a VERY SPECIAL guest, make sure you come check out Jordan's CB page to see who came! (He He...)

I'm so sorry Brandon isn't feeling well, I pray he'll recover quickly and no one else gets sick...AGAIN. (ugh!)

LOVED the new pictures of Allie, oh my she's got a tooth! Now you can have more fun feeding her.

Is it possible this child gets cuter and cuter and cuter? Or is it just me?

Blessings to you my friend!

Anissa Mayhew said...

YEAH for a tooth. I know you were starting to worry that Allie would be the only child in Kindergarten with dentures, but it looks like she's finally going to get her own set of chompers.

It's wonderful to see you all enjoyed the weekend. I hope I see you soon!

Love and froG
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

Amy S. said...

I love all the pictures of everyone having fun. Allie looks so big on her way to walking. She is so cute. Tell Brandon we are thinking of him..and hope he feels better soon.
Enjoy the rest of the week!

Love and hugs..

Kelly said...

Heather,

The last time that I posted which was just a little over a week ago, I was sick and I blamed it on you and your little Frogs. I hope that you didnt catch it back from me. Allie is getting more and more beautiful every day. Hope you all are feeling much better real soon. Cant wait for spring time here.

In Him,
Kelly and Family

Sarah said...

Congratulations on that first tooth and those first steps! What a cutie!! I love her little pink outfit too! And the frog picture is priceless!

I hope everybody gets healthy soon!

Love and hugs!

Kelly said...

Does this precious baby have the CUTEST outfits or what?! Oh my gosh, that pink hat and darling outfit were just adorable.

I hope Brandon is feeling better soon and ya'll all stay WELL!

BTW, our class has collected almost 20 books already and it's not even March yet! WOOHOO! I think we will definitely beat our 30 book record from last year!! :)

P.S. My husband and I just got back from Hawaii and I thought of ya'll as I flew those long hours since I don't like to fly at all. I had my Valium :) and thought if Heather can go all the way to Guatemala, I can surely make it to Hawaii and back! It was a great trip, but I'm so glad to be back w/ our kids again.

Love and FROG,
Kelly May

Carmen said...

Heather my nephew was 14 months old before he got his first tooth. I went with my sister to have his picture taken on his 1st b-day and the photographer said "smile and show us your teeth", we laughed.We knew he didn't have a tooth in his head.Allie is just beautiful. I hope Brandon feels better soon, he has always been Gracie's favorite.When she was 3 she would pick him out of every picture and say who is that, I always thought that was funny. It was like she didn't see the other 3 boys, lol. Have a Happy Valentine's Day.
Carmen

Bobbi said...

AHHHH Germs. You have to love them. IF there is a germ to be had Reese has it. He has had it rough since coming home. The girls have had more as well because they catch it from him. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

YEAH Allie!! Finally, a tooth. Geez, I really liked that toothless grin. Walking too...she is really growing up. This is a fun age.

This outfit has to be my favorite--at least for today. So trendy!! What a doll.

Amanda said...

Hi Heather,
What cute pics! Oh my gosh! And to answer your question about cold/flu season...YES...it has been horrible. I have actually been in and out of the ER and clinic since Dec 20th (but whose counting?!)! And all they can say is it's "viral". I think I am FINALLY over it...YAY! But yes...it has been a horrible, horrible cold/flu season. In colorado on the news, they are talking about schools being actually shut down b/c of the flu and all the people being hospitalized, etc. It's just crazy!

Anyway-hope your family can kick this round of "bugs" very soon!!! Take care and looking forward to the next post! :)
Hugs,
Amanda in Colorado.

Audra said...

Yeah for the tooth! I felt the same way with my 2 because they didn't cut their first tooth until they were almost 1, so it was a celebration here when it Finally happened :) She is so adorable and almost 1, gosh, where does the time go!?!?? I'll bet she is going to have the Biggest celebration for that special birthday :) I don't blame you.
Yes, I do agree with you about this cold/flu season, it has been horrible and I wish it would go away. It always seems to attack at least one of my children and this year it has been Alec, catching one thing after another, I am SO ready for it to be GONE!
I'll be praying that Brandon bounces back and that NOONE else in the family gets it.
You all take care & know that you are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers, even when I'm not signing in.
Much Love,
Audra

Jodee said...

Allie is absolutely adorable! Congrats on the first tooth! I love her outfit!

Kamree is on her second round of drugs for pneumonia and still has a fever. We are soooo ready for Spring at our house!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day everybody !
Yea, Allie, a tooth, way to go, Missy !

I hope you all have a great dinner and that "mom" gets a ton of hugs.

Brandon, feel better and I hope no one else gets sick.

Love,
Sandy D
Atlanta

Sabrena said...

PURE SWEETNESS! I've been a "follower" for a long time and don't think I have posted a comment. I LOVED reading about your beautiful family!

Could you possibly share where Allie's little outfit is from, in the pictures of her standing? It looks like it's pink or white with lace leggings? I would love to try and find it, its ADORABLE!

Thanks and many blessings,
Sabrena

Unknown said...

Can I just say how much I love Allie's outfit? Way too precious!! Love you guys!!

Faithful Froggers said...

Sabrena,

The pink outfit actually didn't come together! The shirt came with a pair of jeans - but the jeans were way too long on Allie. So I paired the shirt up with a pair of leggings that Allie had. The shirt was a gift so I'm not sure where it came from and the leggings came from Bealls - which is a store here in Florida.

Love & FROG,
Heather