This weeks theme for FFF is "Sleeping Angels" and I had such a hard time choosing which pictures to post! I have so many precious "sleeping" pictures of all of my angels. But these are my favorites . . . and boy do they bring back some memories! But most of all they fill my heart with love and they make me miss Jacob so very much!
Sleeping Angels
This is Kyle when he was 8 months old. I just love a sleeping baby with their bottom in the air!






Please visit Kiss the Frog 4 Me if you want to join in the FFF fun!
I do love having pictures of my kids. I think pictures mean even more to me after losing Jacob. Pictures are all that I have of Jacob and it is the only way I get to see him now - and they are just priceless to me - worth more than all the money in the world! So I am a little picture crazy - but I don't regret it for a minute. However, the last 2 times we took Allie to the portrait studio to have professional pictures done - I wasn't overly happy with them. Allie just didn't light up with smiles and she was way too distracted in the studio. So we bought a white and black king size sheet and tried taking some pictures ourselves at home. It worked great - and that's how we got the pictures in the Valentine's post below. I even ordered some 8x10 prints from Shutterfly and they were beautiful and much cheaper . . . We may never visit a portrait studio again! :)
Here are some other favorite photos from the week as we played around with the backgrounds! The tutu is one that my mom had bought shortly after Allie came home - in the hopes of her wearing it for Valentine's Day. Thankfully it fit and was Tutu cute!




It has been a bad week for illnesses in our house. Brandon had a nasty bug and missed 3 days of school fighting high fevers, aches and chills. I think he probably had the flu. Of course he had to share that bug with Kyle who also missed 3 days of school with the exact same symptoms. They haven't been this sick in a long time - they were pitiful. It hasn't been a fun couple of days . . . no one told me I should have gone to nursing school before being a MOM! ;) Everyone is finally back in school today and feeling better. And I am still praying that Allie and Devin don't get it!
Ending with a scripture that is just perfect for my sleeping angels!
"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe."
Psalm 4:8
Peace to all,





20 comments:
I love all your sleeping angels pictures! I remember a few of them from Caringbridge. It may sound strange, but I also love seeing all your pictures of Jacob... I never met your sweet boy but feel as though I have. He touched more people than you can imagine... he will forever be AMAZING!
I love the pictures you took on the sheets! I agree that the kids do best at home and always show their true personalities where they are more comfortable! I think your pictures are every bit as good, if not better, than many studios!
LOVE Allie's tutu... you are right... she is tutu cute!!! Her complexion in your closeup pictures is just flawless! What a beautiful child!
I hope that the boys feel better very soon and don't spread the germs around any further than they have! Drink lots of that good ol' Florida OJ!!!
Love, hugs and FROG to all of you!
Sarah and Sophie~Bug
I remember the ones in the hospital..or ones very close to them. ...and yes ..of course pictures are most important. I always say that is the first thing I would grab if something happened and we had to get our of our house in a hurry..Some think im crazy..but all our negatives are in a fire proof box. I tell my kids that is the only thing im taking to the "old peoples home" with me when they drop me off. They always laugh. They think that day is never going to get here. :)
Love and Hugs..
Thank you so much for sharing these pictures...memories...
The tutu lays me out ! Don't you wish we were that age ?! The boys in their red are going to be some little girls heart-throbs too soon, but the princess will be yanking them back to the nest !
I hope no more flu bugs show up this week end and that it is a sunny, fun time for all.
Love,
Sandy D
Atlanta
Love your sleeping pictures. The boys are sooo cute together! I am so glad you have so many pictures of your kids and especially of Jacob. I take tons of pictures too since they grow up way too fast!
I always love your picture! thanks so much for sharing.
I love the picture of Brandon and Jacob. My heart goes out to you.
And I love all of the pics of Allie - you guys did a wonderful job! Hope everyone feels better soon.
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Wonderful pictures as always!
Know that I care and am still here praying!
Psalms 34:1-4 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Heather your sleeping angels pictures are PRECIOUS!!!! I love all the sleeping pictures, especially the one of Jacob and Brandon. PRICELESS! Allie's tutu pictures are SO cute too!!! She is such an angel! I absolutely love your Valentine header too....your blog is amazing. I am always so touched when I visit.
Love ALL the "sleeping angel" pictures!! I can't say enough about that AMAZING JACOB, oh what a beautiful child (as ALL your children are) inside and out! Allie Scott and Jacob was one of the first children I found on the caringbridge site and open my eyes to the world of Childhood cancer. These two SPECIAL ANGELS taught me the reality of given back in so many ways. I have become an avid blood donor as joined other efforts in the fight against childhood cancer. I remember oh so well when that GuatAmerican princess came into your lives and have enjoyed seeing her grow up before my eyes. My Bree is a month younger than Allie and I enjoy watching each of them meet their milestones together!! I have had the TRUE PLEASURE of chatting w/Nancy and even purchased one of her beautiful tutu's from her. What a SWEETHEART and VERY TALENTED lady she is (mind if I steal her LOL). How truly blessed your family is too be surrounded by so much love. Heather, I can't begin to thank you and Donnie enough for sharing those 5 beautiful kids w/us, it has truly been a PLEASURE!! KEEP THE PICTURES COMING....I'M A PICTURE FANATIC! Yes, I agree, I think the pictures from the "studios" are way to staged and the kids are majorly distracted!! I purchased a black suede curtain on clearance and can't wait to try it out!!
Sorry for being so long-winded, but when you talk about your AMAZING FAMILY, you just can't help it LOL
Snekcip,
Ever thought of starting a blog and joining in FFF with us?? :) I'd love to see pictures of Bree each week!
Thanks for all that you do for childhood cancer!!
Love & FROG,
Heather
Heather,
Thank you again for the nice comments on my kids. The blog awareness post i got from another blogger friend. I think we just all need to be aware.
I love to post all the things on my blog I can to help raise awareness for childhood cancer, so if you ever have anything you think needs to be put up i am happy to put it up on my blog, and we have a family website www.theabneys.com that I am happy to put it up on as well. I a a proud member of Friends of Heroes, I wish I could do more to help, if you ever need anything let me know.
Thanks again for sharing your beautiful family with all of us. I just love looking at your blog your pictures and post are always so great!
Heather,
I just love your blog! I have been following your family's story since your caringbridge days and you have truly been an inspiration. Your boys are so handsome and what a little angel Allie is!
Hi Heather!
Thanks for posting on my blog! I was thinking that you may not actually have connected who I am so I thought I would tell you...I'm the one who did the fundraiser for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation Sunshine Project and I used Jacob's picture on one of the ornaments that were sold to generate funds. We have "spoken" several times via email.
Anyway - your kiddos are so beautiful. Breathtaking really! I am so happy for you that Allie has finally cut her first tooth but I have to say that I am going to miss that little toothless grin! She is just WAY TOO CUTE!!!!
Love and froG!
Jennifer
Maybe you should take up photgraphy. What great pictures of Allie.
Loved the sleeping kiddos pics. I too love it when babies tuck their legs in and stick their butts up. SOOOO cute!! I know you cherish all of your pics, but the ones of Jacob are extra special.
Too Cute!
I am also addicted to picture taking. Can you please tel;l me how you get your sheets to stay up in order to provide such a great background?
Thanks for sharing your tip with us!
Hi,
This is my first time to see your blog and loved reading your stories and especially love the pictures. What a special tribute to Jacob. All of your children are adorable!
God bless you and your family!
Love,
Valerie
Lorianne,
The sheet is actually draped over the side of Allie's crib and the kids are sitting on the floor. It's a king-size black flat sheet - so it is big. It works great though - and I am going to buy some sheets in other colors. ;)
Love & FROG,
Heather
I love the tutu. She looks likes such a sweetheart. What a perfect Valentine's she was! Hard to believe she is going to be one years old. My how time flies. I love the picture of Kyle holding Jacob. It is so precious. I had tears in my eyes seeing those pictures. I am always reminded of my little guy when I see the Buzz Lightyear jammies that he also has. I still think of your amazing guy often and pray for your family and many others I have found through Jacob's site. Blessings.
Heather,
I ready your blog very often. I usually don't comment, but I love reading your writing and watching your children grow up from update to update. I wanted to thank you for sharing Jacob with all of us out in the world wide web. He has touched more lives than most people ever will!
As the mother of 4 kids, I too usually just take pictures at home on a sheet. It saves so much time, you get such great pictures with them being at home...and you can take them anytime they are cooperative and not have to wait on an appointment. I have a site to recommend to you. I use it to make prints of all of my pictures. It is a site that lots of professional photographers use. I love it! And they have lots of things to offer. It is www.mpix.com. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Hugs from Georgia,
Donna M
Post a Comment