Friday, February 22, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday

Hello friends,

This weeks FFF theme was a hard one for me. The theme is THEN AND NOW - posting pictures of when our children were born and pictures of them now. Definitely a fun theme - yet so very bittersweet for me when I realize I don't have a picture of Jacob NOW.

But here are the sweet pictures of my children . . .

THEN & NOW



This was the first picture we saw of Allie. She was only 3 days old and we had just accepted her referral. I cried like a baby when I first saw her pictures.

And this is Allie now - a year later. She has changed so much - yet her picture still makes me cry such happy tears. I am just so thankful for this baby girl and I love her so very much!

This is Kyle - at 3 days old. We had just brought him home from the hospital and Donnie & I were so in love with this little guy. However, being first-time parents, we didn't have a clue as to what to do with him! :) It's hard to believe this picture was taken almost 10 years ago . . . it seems like it was just yesterday I was bringing my baby boy home for the first time!


These are my triplets - Brandon, Jacob & Devin. They were 3 weeks old and were finally ALL home from the hospital. (They were born 8 weeks early and spent some time in the NICU) This was the first picture we got to take of the 3 of them together. I look at this picture and feel so BLESSED!


Here are the boys NOW.
Kyle, Brandon & Devin.
They mean the world to me and I love them more than anything. I don't think you ever realize how truly overwhelming and powerful love is until you have a child and you become a MOM!

Of course Jacob is painfully absent from the picture above. I can only imagine what he would look like NOW. And I can only imagine what he would be like NOW - almost 2 years after he has passed. But as much as my heart hurts and as much as I wish he were here with me NOW - I am comforted greatly by the fact that Jacob is safe in the arms of God. And I can only imagine how truly happy and perfect and healthy Jacob is NOW!

And I can only imagine Jacob dancing at the feet of Jesus, surrounded by God's glory and walking in His presence! And I can only imagine that one day I will be reunited with him again in Heaven - and all the pain of missing him will disappear - FOREVER! Until then, this is how I picture Jacob NOW . . .


To see more FFF or to join in the fun, please visit

KISS THE FROG 4 ME!



Thank you all so much for the sweet messages on Allie's Birthday! They were so appreciated and will be wonderful to put in her baby book. We are having a family party for her on Sunday - so I hope to have lots of messy cake pictures for you all on Monday. :) May you have a wonderful, blessed weekend!

Ending with a scripture & short devotional . . .

"God has planted eternity in the hearts of men."
Ecclesiastes 3:10

"You will never be completely happy on earth simply because you were not made for earth. Oh, you will have moments of joy. You will catch glimpses of light. You will know moments or even days of peace. But they simply do not compare with the happiness that lies ahead."
Max Lucado


Looking forward to the happiness that lies ahead,

24 comments:

Lakeville Vertical said...

I love your pictures. They are truly precious and I am sure you are so thankful for all the images you have of your little ones. Have a wonderful party for Allie. I hope she digs right into her cake! How fun.

Allison said...

The last Angel picture of Jacob makes me cry - what a wonderful little boy. Heaven sure is BLESSED to have him. Your children are all beautiful and blessed - you should be proud. May God give you peace in knowing that one day your family will be complete again.

Allison (Allie)

Sarah said...

Heather... all your children are just amazingly beautiful and I can tell you that reading your FFF post brought tears to my eyes that Jacob is not here with you. The picture you posted of him is so incredibly beautiful though... I imagine him to be one of Heaven's most beautiful angels as he surely was gorgeous here on earth!

All four of your boys look so alike as infants... I hope that you have all those pictures labeled as to whom is whom (but you will probably be able to tell which is which always)!

I did not get the chance to post birthday wishes to your sweet Allie this week. What a gorgeous birthday girl! Hard to believe that it was a year ago when you first e-mailed me that referral picture of your beautiful baby girl! She grows more and more beautiful each and every day!

Laura said...

Hi! I am sure I've stated (written) a million times that I always love the pictures! However, the last few "Favorite Foto Fridays" have been even more wonderful! Seeing the latest pictures of Kyle, Brandon, Devin, and Allie are always a treat, but being able to see pictures of Jacob always puts the biggest smile on my face! :) I just cannot wait until there is a "Favorite Foto Friday" theme where my all time favorite photo of Jacob (the one where he is holding a strawberry and has the funniest expression on his face) may show up in a post. :)
Have a fantastic weekend with a lot of cake!

Smile :)

Mom Of 3 said...

Heather,
Great pictures as usual. The picture of Jacob brought tears to my eyes. I am sure you are right and that is exactly how he looks in Heaven smiling down on all of us. Again, my grandma, my sweet angel, my best friend is there with him, I know they are both there helping guide us through each day without them.
Thanks again for sharing your beautiful family!

Casey Jo said...

Oh Heather,
I Loved this FFF blog. I can only imagine myself how wonderful Heaven can be, and how Amazing Jacob must feel to be with Jesus, rejoicing in his glory EVERY DAY! I Loved the Picture of Jacob now...My eyes are still teary!

Love,
Casey

Leah said...

Your babies are just as beautiful now as they were then.
I love that picture of Jacob :o)
And I love that song. It gives me chill every time I hear it!
Have a nice weekend!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Here is a link to a video on You Tube by Mercy Me for "I Can Only Imagine. It is fabulous. At the end you will see Nancy Guthrie and her husband holding up pictures of their babies. There are others also. You have have seen this, but oh we can only imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S70gwFcSK9k

Vicki said...

Heather, this pictures are so precious. The things you wrote regarding Jacob brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine how you feel but as you said when I think of Jacob, it's of how happy he is in heaven. By the way, a lady I play bunco with has just welcomed home her 16 month old son from Guatemala.

Can't wait to see that baby girl covered in cake and icing!

Have a wonderful birthday party!

Zhohn said...

Heather-I always look forward to your FFF posts. The boys sure have grown!!! Allie has grown also, she is such a doll. I hope that Allie has a wonderful party this weekend and I can't wait to see pictures.

Thanks for visiting my blog and signing in. I'd love a picture of the boys and Allie. Actually I have two outfits for Allie that I was hoping to mail before her birthday but I didn't get a chance too. I'll try to put them in the mail on Monday.

Thanks for continuing to share your AMAZING family with us.

Bobbi said...

Wow, what cute pictures. I remember seeing that picture of Allie about this time last year. I felt such joy and happiness for you.

Your boys are just so handsome. The picture of Jacob brought tears to my eyes.

Have fun with Allie's party. Can't wait to see the pics. YOu always have such good ones.

Amy S. said...

Happy Foto Friday to you! Such sweetness in each of those wonderful faces. I love seeing Jacob in the pictures. Sweet little Allie has surly grown. What a princess she is. Have a wonderful 1st Birthday party on Sunday with your family. Give her a big hug from Jonathan and I.

Love and Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Every little Duck-ling is more beautiful each day and happiness exudes from their little pores !

It sounds impossible, but I know that Jacob enjoys a happiness that we cannot even begin to understand
and we have to concentrate on that and the fact that he is healed - no pains - imagine ! We also know that you will be united with him one day too, what a gift !

I can't wait to see the birthday bash photos !

Love,
Sandy D
Atlanta

Jennifer said...

Heather,

I had to smile when I read about how madly in love you and Donnie were (and still are) with Kyle but that you had no idea what to do with him when you brought him home...I felt the same way with my first!

I am searching for "just the right thing" to say regarding Jacob. I'm sure that everyday must bring hurdles and the realization of not having a "now" picture of Jacob is probably the hurdle of the day. I wish there were words that would somehow make things easier for you but just know that you are handling those hurdles with grace, dignity, and strength, all the while keeping Jacob's memory alive.

Hugs through cyberspace!
Jennifer

valerie said...

I love the pictures.
We have a picture of Jesus at our church and he's laughing. I picture Jacob and all the other children there with Him to be having so much fun!
I know you miss him.
Enjoy the next birthday party.
Love,
Valerie

Carr Family said...

I've been following your blog for sometime, as a fellow CCI family. What an amazing testimony you have. Your pictures are precious, as are your kiddos! Thanks for sharing them!

Tonya said...

Heather,

I know exactly what you mean.. it's so hard to think of all the time lost. It's so hard to imagine what our boys would look like now. Brent changed SO MUCH his last year with us. He LITERALLY went from looking like a very cute, chubby little boy to a VERY HANDSOME "little man."

All of your babes are just BEAUTIFUL! I PROMISE, that Allie is going to set me off into adoption fever! (Hehe.. ) GOD KNOWS what's best. I'm sure if that's HIS intention for us HE'd tell LINK FIRST. O:-)

Hope you have a GREAT weekend!
Love,
Tonya

Kristina said...

In the last picture of the boys. You say Jacob is missing. But he isnt. He is there. He lives inside of you and your husband. Your 3 kids. He is all around you. Know that. He isnt missing in that picture. He is everywhere with MANY reminders showing you that he indeed... is here!

Anonymous said...

Your children are SOOOO beautiful and Jacob is truly the most beautiful angel! I am always so blessed and inspired by coming to your blog. Thank you for that. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL ALLI!!!!!!!!

Lelia Chealey said...

Hi Heather,thanks for your comment on my blog.
Wow! Your blog is beautiful. Love the pic's. Amazing Jacob...how precious.
I'll definitely be visiting again soon.

Kelley said...

Hi Heather,
Thank you for the very sweet comments you left on my blog. And I have to tell you, your blog page is just wonderful!!! The frogs are soooo cute and your kids are precious (you & your husband aren't too bad either, ha ha!). It is amazing to me how many Godly women are out there in Blog-land with such powerful testimonies! God is so good to allow us to connect in prayer, fellowship and even internet support for one another! I have really enjoyed reading about you and your kids, I hope you don't mind if I come back often, you are amazing!!

God Bless You~~Kelley

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE seeing pics of your children and there happy little faces. Allie's gummy smiles cracks me up and your boys are just SO handsome. As God would have it our paths crossed during adoption. I never had the honor of meeting your sweet Jacob but, am confident that he is smiling in heaven as he is in that picture. Thanks for sharing your wonderful family with us.

God Bless,
Kelly

BTW: HAPY REFERRAL DAY!!!!

Rachel said...

Heather...
Your blog is such a blessing to me. I can only hope you get half the blessing reading my words as I do yours. Miss Ally is adorable then and now...and those boys...handsome doesn't do it justice!

Becca said...

Heather - as usual you have brought tears as well as reminders of blessings. You're a wonderful person. And your babies are adorable!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca