Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Blessed Easter

Hello friends,

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter week! We were blessed with lots of company for Easter . . . my in-laws were here along with Donnie's brother and his family. Add my family to the mix and we hosted Easter at our house with 21 people - 10 of which were kids 11 & under. Yes, it was another loud and crazy holiday at our house - but it was so great to have everyone together and just so much fun. I love big family holiday celebrations - the more the merrier! :)


Here's our week in pictures . . . starting with a few more of Allie in her Easter dress.






We took the kids to the Children's Museum one day and they all had such a great time.
They had lots of activities for the little ones so even Allie loved it!


Of course Kyle was loving the dinosaur exhibit.

And Allie loved watching the fish.

The kids could watch themselves on a big TV where it made the boat look like it was in the water - that's why there's a green screen behind them.

And then we colored eggs for Easter . . .



And had a big egg hunt Easter morning.
Our niece, Elizabeth.
She is 2 and is adorable!
Getting into their Easter baskets . . .


The "big-kid" table for Easter dinner.

Allie thought she was such a big girl sitting at the "little-kid" table.



After Easter dinner we all took a walk . . .


And Allie rode in the wagon for the first time with her cousin, Patrick.



Grandma bought the girls adorable matching dresses - so of course we had to take pictures of the cousins together.


Allie

Elizabeth

Beautiful cousins!
I just love this picture.


Don't they look thrilled with their bunny ears? :)

The boys with their cousin, Patrick who is 5.
All 6 grandchildren on Donnie's side of the family.
Oh, how I wish Jacob were in the picture, too.
He is ALWAYS painfully missing from each picture we take.

Do you know how hard it is to get a good picture of all the kids together?
We were clapping and singing and making funny faces - trying to get everyone to look and smile at the same time.



The grandparents with all the kids.
Everyone left yesterday and life is slowly getting back to normal! We sure do miss everyone, though, and wish we all lived closer. I love being an "aunt" and would love to be able to spend more time with Patrick & Elizabeth. They are both so precious!

Easter is a time of deep reflection of all that Jesus has done for us. How humbling to realize that Jesus loved us so much that he died for us! And as a mother who has watched her own son suffer and pass on from this life to Heaven, I can't help but to think of Mary, the mother of Jesus. I can only imagine her agony as she watched Jesus on that cross. It is so hard to watch our children suffer . . . and that in turn causes us great pain. But I always think of the following devotional . . .

"When we face struggles, we often wonder WHY? Years from now, though, we may realize that it was those struggles that taught us something we could not have otherwise learned - that there was a purpose in our pain. God's purpose is greater than your pain, and he has a greater purpose than your problems."
Max Lucado

God's purpose was so much greater than the suffering Jesus endured. HE IS RISEN - giving us all the promise of forgiveness and the hope of Heaven and eternal life with God. I can't tell you how thankful I am for that!

Ending with a scripture . . .

“Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave."
Revelations 1:17-18

Thankful for Jesus,


***********************************

* Please join me in praying for Emily. I had the pleasure of meeting her and her family last year and she is such an amazing, beautiful, brave young woman. My heart just hurts for this family and all that they have been through.

* Also, many of you have asked how I knew all the stats on the blog in my last post. I have Sitemeter - which tells me a lot about who is visiting our site.

11 comments:

Carmen said...

Heather,
I love all the pictures. The boys have grown so much. I love the picture of Allie with her little cousin. Elizabeth is beautiful and looks so sweet. My favorite picture of Allie is the one with the big egg...so sweet. I'm so glad you had a great Easter. Tell your mom I love all the different frogs she uses, she always puts the perfect frog in your pictures.Hope you have a good week.
Your

carriewithslah said...

Hi Heather, I've been reading your blog for what seems like years now, and it just might be! I am always so encouraged by you and your wisdom. I just wanted to thank you for your thoughts. You have a yummy (read: gorgeous) family and I'm so happy to see another strong Christian family on the web (besides my own)! Thanks again for all you do--you're an inspiration!

Cheers,
Carrie

Bobbi said...

What a wonderful Easter week you all had. I enjoyed all of the pictures. Your boys get more and more handsome. I love all of the grandchildren pics. They came out really well, especially for so many in the pic.

As always, Allie is just precious.

Your words about what Mary went through, and your thoughts on Jacob were wonderful.

I use sitemeter now too. I learned about it after a post you had some time ago.

Hope you have a great week.

MeLaNiE said...

looks like you had a great Easter! The kids are precious!

Tim said...

Hi Heather,

Thank you for sharing such beautiful pics.... again! My favorite has to be Allie and her cousin - so sweet and so happy :O)

I hope you don't mind, but I put a link to your blog in a post on my blog. If that's a problem, just let me know and I'm happy to remove it right away.

Thanks for the week in pics.

Tracie
http://thecupishalf-full.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, as always! There sure are a lot of you when you all get together -- it was like a line at Disney when I saw you all on the trail on Easter!

Anonymous said...

Allie's smile always brightens my day so much! The boys are cute, too!
Sitemeter, huh?! Interesting! :o)
Praying!
Psalms 61:1-4 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

bloggin with Lin said...

Oh hey, yippeee. I figured out how to leave a message. lol. Just go and read everyone else's and the comment box pops right up. lol. Love all the pics from Easter!! God's blessings to you all always. Lin N Crew~*

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Heather~
I stopped by yesterday but didnt' have a chance to leave a comment.

Please know that I'm praying for sweet Emily.

I also wanted to let you know how much you bless my heart each time I see pictures of your sweet...sweet...children.

God has truly blessed you....and I count it a JOY...to see and hear the amazing things God is doing in and through your family.

Blessings to you!
Kim~

Sarah said...

What a wonderful and blessed Easter you had with your family all together. I know that Jacob is still so painfully missed... but I am sure he had a wonderful Easter up in Heaven with Jesus... look forward to sharing that with him someday.

You are having so much fun with all your pictures! It helps with such gorgeous and amazing subjects!! I even see Allie's little tooth in a couple - so sweet!

I will be praying for sweet Emily!

Unknown said...

Yes Ma'am, we are in full baseball swing here! Austin is on the JV team for Holy Innocents' and Nic is playing t-ball at Dunwoody United Methodist. Only one Saturday conflict though, not too bad. ;) Devin looks so dashing in his uniform-even if he is a Pirate! :) Actually a good friend of ours is a huge Pirates fan and Austin's number is the same as Roberto Clemente's.

I bet it is loads of fun chasing after Princess Allie! It wasn't so long ago I was doing the same for Dominic! My how time flies...and without me!

Congrats on your 100th post! I love the fireworks text! I feel like we are old friends! I sure wish Jacob were here to share in everything, though I know in some ways he is. It just doesn't stop me from missing him and wanting him here in all your posts and pictures.

So glad you all had such a blessed Easter! It is such an important holiday, honoring just how much Jesus loves us and realizing that what he did for us keeps Jacob in our lives and future. You know? I do know that it is bigger than that and yet, just that simple, too. Have a beautiful weekend my friend!

Love and FROG!