
WOW!!
Hard to believe this is my 100th post on the blog! I love having this space to share my thoughts and pictures. Blogging is just a great way to scrapbook and journal and share God's glory in all that we do. And surprisingly blogging has been such a great way to meet new friends. It's amazing how this blog has been a way to meet new sisters-in-Christ who truly minister to me by sharing the word of God. It's amazing how this blog has connected me to other mothers who have a child with cancer. It's amazing how this blog has introduced me to so many other moms who have adopted from Guatemala.
WOW!
Who knew blogging would connect me to so many wonderful, new friends??!
Some fun blog facts . . .
I started my blog in July 2007.
There have been 774,536 visitors.
Between 2800-4000 people visit the blog Monday-Friday.
Between 2800-4000 people visit the blog Monday-Friday.
1500-2000 visit on the weekends.
Only 15-30 people leave comments after each post.
About 1/3 are still linking from Jacob's Caringbridge Site.
And about 1/3 check the prayer page each day.
Thanks so much for visiting!
I'm not sure how so many people found us but we surely appreciate your support, your prayers and your friendship over the years.
I promise an Easter update tomorrow with lots of pictures!
Thanks so much for stopping by and celebrating my 100th post with me!



31 comments:
Wow! That is alot of posts! I have no idea how I found your blog but I am so glad I did. Your entire family is amazing to me and I enjoy your writings and pictures so much!
Looking forward to seeing Easter pictures!
Do not remember exactly how I found you (through Sarah I believe) but sure glad I did! Congrats on the 100th post!
Happy 100th post in "blogland!
I found you so long ago..that I can't even remember how.
Will be back to see the last week in pictures soon. :)
Love and Hugs...
Guilty I am one of the ones that check this blog for new posts every day - sometimes even 2 or 3 times a day. I am so anxious after each holiday or birthday or . . .whatever to come here in hopes that you have uploaded pictures. Its very cool to hvae seen your boys grow up right before **everyones eyes** and to see baby Allie start out on her life journey - its very humbling. Thanks for allowing us to be apart of your family.
Love in Christ -
Allison (Allie)
Congratulations Heather on 100 posts!!
I am one of the 2800-4000 weekday lurkers, but I've only left you a comment a couple of times. I'm not sure how I came upon Amazing Jacob's website, but that is how I was introduced to your Amazing Family! Besides looking at the beautiful faces of your children, I continue to visit because I am so inspired by your family's ability to live with such joy, faith and happiness despite the loss of your precious son and brother. I wish I lived in sunny Florida instead of frozen Canada so I could take you our for coffee. But not in a crazy stalker way. :)
Hi Heather,
Congratulations on your 100th post! I've been one of your readers since Caringbrigde. There isn't a cardinal that flys by me that I don't think of your Amazing Jacob. I still remember standing out in my yard with my whole family releasing balloons for him with tears in my eyes. It's funny, if I ran into you in a store I would feel like I already know you! After keeping up with your site for so long I finally started blogging myself last summer. I'm not as faithful at it as you, but I'm plugging away at it. Anyway, you're more than welcome to come over and visit me and my family at http://thecupishalf-full.blogspot.com/ I would love to "visit" with you :O) Have a great week and I can't wait to see those Easter pics!
Tracie
Heather I know how I found you, through Kylie Barry's website. Raquel said they met you in New York and she wanted everyone to pray for Jacob. Drew and Raquel are the sweetest people and Kylie is an amazing miracle. I think you are an inspiration to everyone who reads your blog. I've laughed and cried, been happy and sad with you. My heart has ached for you and I have learned to frog. I am so thankfu that I found Jacob's website and got to spend the last few months of his life praying for him with so many others. Seeing all his silly faces, his big beautiful blue eyes,seeing him so loved and so full of life and reading all the sweet stories about the love he had for his brothers and the love they have for him. Your family will forever have a special place in my heart.
Carmen
HAPPY 100th!!!
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR JOURNEY STILL.
BLESSINGS
Obiously, I am one of those visitors who visit this blog many times a day (as you already know). I guess I don't sign because I am concerned that I may say the wrong thing I am glad, though, that you find your peace blogging and that others appreciate what you write and the pictures of your beautiful children.
Happy 100th Post!
Thank you for your words of encouragement and sharing your wonderful pictures! You are a woman of great strength.
Heather~
Since you mentioned all the fun facts about your blog and the number of people who post comments, I thought I'd post one today. I read your blog almost every day! I've left a comment before but not often, but just wanted to tell you again today how much I love the scriptures you share, the witness that you are, and the JOY that you convey in your words. I followed Jacob's battle for a long time and was so crazy-in-love with him! What a warrior and sweetie pie! It was my privilege to pray for him and for your family. Now it's my great joy to watch as your boys grow and to see Miss Allie in all her glory and hear about their activities and antics! Your family is the kind of fun gang I'd love to live next door to, and you're the friend I'd love to have a cup of coffee and a nice chat with every morning! Thank you for sharing your life, your family, your Amazing Jacob, and your joy of the Lord with all of us out here in cyberspace!!! Blessings to all of the Duckworths!
~Kathy
Dallas, Texas
Congratulations! I knew you would be so great at this because your Caringbridge site for Jacob was always AMAZING in its own right. I was so glad you decided to let us continue to join your family on this new blog!
I have been "with" your family for several years now. Just like a previous poster said, I also think of Jacob often and every time I see a cardinal I thank him. In fact, just the other day, I was in the kitchen and I started singing "You are amaaaaaazing, you shine like the stars..." and the sweet voices of my children joined in from around the house. We all know that song from Allie's slideshow.
We wish your precious family continued love and happiness.
Oh and PS- I got my Jacob book. It's lovely. I only wish that the ending could somehow be different. I know in my heart he is healed and singing along though,
Love to all,
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com
Happy 100th Blog, Heather!
I have followed your story for a long time now and you have always amazed me. I have learned SO MUCH from you and love coming to your site. You have a fabulous family and an amazing faith! Keep up the good work and maybe some day I'll actually get to meet you!
Sending hugs from MN...
Janet DeRosier
Heather ~ Thank you so much for your posts. We have never met, I live in Virginia and somehow became connected to Jacob's website shortly before he earned his angel wings. I spoke to my Bible Study group about you last night. We are doing a Beth Moore study called "Believing God" and were discussing miracles and also when God chooses not to perform miracles in the way we would want Him to. I told them what an amazing woman of God you are and how even through the pain of missing Jacob you are able to glorify God and encourage others to do the same. Thank you for giving us all glimpses of your lives. The boys seem so sweet and Allie is precious. What wonderful examples you both give to your children.
Happy 100th Post Heather!!
Heather your stats do NOT surprise me! People are just so DRAWN to you and your powerful testimony! (now your beautiful children keep us coming back too!)
It's always a JOY and DELIGHT to come by. I always look forward to the pictures, and stories.
I leave with so much HOPE and with a great big smile on my face.
I've loved you and your family since the very first time I visited, many years ago. I feel like "family" now.
OK, now, you will have to post 100 things about yourself, get busy!
LOVE YOU♥
That was fun to read. Interesting stats.
Reading your blog is always a joy, and and inspiration.
Look forward to the Easter pics and update.
I don't comment much but wanted to thank you for your 100 posts! You have such a beautiful family and I always look forward to your stories and new pictures! I found Jacob's caringbridge page a few years ago through Justin Cude's (in AZ) page. Again, thank you so much for continuing to post. I've learned so much from you!!
Happy 100th post! I found this site from Amazing Jacob's site... of course, the Guatemalan adoption aroused my interest too. :) I am looking forward to Easter pictures and MANY more posts. :)
Reba
Hi Heather,
Happy 100th!!! I have never left a note before, only because I have often wondered if you get too many messages to read. I wasn't sure if messages were for close family or friends and I being a total stranger, don't fall into one of those spots~~ Anyway, I have learned soooo much from your blogs. I only hope I am a mother like you some day. You children's happiness is sooo obvious. You are amazing, teaching all of us so many lessons. I often times wonder if you should take up photography~~your pics are always so wonderful. Silly silly question...but what type of camera do you have?? I have even sent a few of my friends considering adoption your way!
Anyway~ if you ever wonder if those 100 blogs make a difference...think NO further. Thanks for sharing your heart, hopes and dreams. Our lives are better because of them.
Amy
Hi Heather,
I have visited since Jacob's illness and was always logging on to his site to see how he was doing, praying for this sweet angel. I remember so well going to our church and praying for the 30 min. time I had signed up for when he was going through one of his last tough times. It was so hard reading his site sometimes because the news was not always what I wanted to hear, but not anything compared to what all of you were going through at the time. YOU were the one who helped me to cry less and thank God more for his healing in heaven and having the honor of "knowing" this precious child.
What an inspiration you continue to be w/ your daily devotionals and your words of wisdom, strong in faith. I believe God draws all of us closer together and I thank Him for bringing you into my life.
I love coming to your family blog and seeing your sweet faces. I always tell myself that I need to get to bed earlier, but I can't go to bed w/ out checking to see if there is a new post. My husband travels almost every week, 3 days a week so with teaching my second graders all day, taking care of my own 3 kids at home and getting them to all of their activities, I am usually up late trying to get things done around the house before I go to bed. You once asked how to get it "all done" and still maintain that time w/ your kids. I haven't figured it out either, which is probably why I am up until midnight most nights after they've gone to bed! :)
I wish we were neighbors so we could be real friends, but to be honest, I feel like you are a friend not only to me already, but to all of us out here who read your blog. Thanks, Heather, for being you!
Love and FROG,
Kelly May
Plano, TX.
Happy 100th! I found your blog through Jacobs caringbridge site, and I love checking on you. I especially love seeing the picture. I truly thing you are an amazing person, and have an amazing family. Thank you for sharing with us, and letting me be one of your "blogger friends"
Happy 100th post! I think so many of us(from near and far)feel like we've truly been able to get to know your family through Jacob's site and now through this blog. Heather-you are a true inspiration. A friend and I talk often about you...and how much we'd love to meet you.We'll be out shopping and see something w/a frog on it and start talking about your amazing family. We look up to you. We'd love to be as strong, as faithful, as kind of a human being as you are, as good of a mother, wife, and friend as you are. You have blessed so many people with your writings...thank you for being so willing to share so much!
With love, Christy
Congratulations on your 100th post! Way to go! I love reading about what your beautiful family is up to. Your kids are so adorable! That's neat the way you can track the number of visits per day...etc. How do you figure all of that out?
Congrats on hitting 100!
Continuing to pray!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Just HAD to post since you reached your 100th post! We have been following your sites from the inception, beginning with Jacob's site back in 2004/2005. I heard about it from a mom on Babycenter.com whose baby had cancer (just so happens, she was named Allie) - and have been hooked on Amazing Jacob ever since! You and your family is wonderful and myself and my kids look forward to each and every update! I have 2 girls who have crushes on your boys, and a boy who is pretty smitten with Allie. Although we mainly "lurk", I am one of the 1/3 that checks almost daily! LOL
Heather, I love reading your story! I have been following Jacob for many years....and love to see the smiles on the faces of your beautiful children!
Love and Prayers
Happy 100th Post! Reminds me of my kindergartener who celebrated the 100th day of school! I found you through Jacob's Caring Bridge site. Thanks for sharing your life, your family and your heart with us. You have been an inspiration. I also, like the others, get excited to see new posts with new pics.
I do feel as if I know you personally. I remember a while back I did run into you in a store and it took me a minute to approach you because my mind kept saying, I know her, I know her, how do I know her? And then it hit me! Thanks for letting me introduce myself to you in person and for not thinking I was a crazy person!! :) You are an awesome lady! Keep on bloggin!
Blessings,
Maureen Cadle
100 posts! Wow that is something. I found your blog from Jacob's site. I don't remember when I started following his site but I think it was around a holiday like Christmas maybe. I just know that he forever changed me and I love to hear the amazing things God has done with your family through it all. Blessings.
100 blogs wow! I never write but I come to your blog through Jacob's website; what an amazing young man and such saddness that he went early to join Jesus. I found Jacob's site through a very dear friend of mine here in Walla Walla, WA, Michelle Meyer. Michelle had a cambridge site for her wonderful husband and father to their three children Dave Meyers and on her sidebar was a list of others suffering and so I picked three or four of those sites to look at and pray for. My father had just passed away in May of 05 and Michelle lost Dave to Brain Cancer in August of 05 and by praying for these people it helped me in my journey through grief. I then followed over to this blog and have rejoiced in your bringing Allie home. She is so gorgeous and true miracle. A long story of how and why but again congrats on 100 blogs and such faithful followers.
Happy 100th Heather! I'm not exactly sure how I first found you either. I know that I really started following your family when you had the major miracle with Jacob. (When he wasn't supposed to make it and his numbers miraculously started dropping) We always thought that your Jacob looked a lot like our Zach.
You have been such a great source of LOVE & HOPE to our family. I'm SO THANKFUL that the LORD let us to you.
Now, about our Allie Grace (I LOVE the name too) ;-) We really appreciate your prayers. We're down to about 12 hours and the adoption will be FINAL! I can't even say how happy I am for Elizabeth & Jason. They've been trying to have children as long as we've been having them. I'm just so BLESSED to see her with her very own baby in her arms! (I can't wait to post pictures)
Okay.. I'll go now and leave room for others to leave comments. LOL!
THANKS AGAIN for being there, for sharing HIS LIGHT, and for sharing your JOY even in the midst of your trials.
LOVE YOU, GIRLFRIEND!
HAPPY 100TH, I have been blessed immeasurably through your post and can't express how thankful I am that I was DIVINELY LED to Jacob's site! My continued prayers for your beautiful family througout.
Blogging and Frogging with you always.....
Post a Comment