Friday, March 7, 2008

FFF - This Time Last Year

Happy Friday Everyone!

This weeks "Favorite Foto Friday" theme is . . .

One Year Ago Today
March 10, 2007
We went to the beach with Donnie's parents - who were here visiting from Indiana! It was a beautiful day and such a great memory.


Check out those missing front teeth! :)
And here are pictures of Allie from
March 9, 2007
She was 2 weeks old!


And just look at her now! She has grown and changed so much!

Swinging Fun!


Allie just loves to go outside and swing. She will take my hand and pull me to the sliding glass door and then point outside. And she just squeals with laughter as she swings . . . and she squeals so loud that most of the neighbors can hear her. :)


Allie loves playing with her "bubbas." And Brandon is especially good with her. You can just tell that they have fun together!

And my mom got a new photoshop program where she can add a little color to the B&W pictures, so she has been having fun playing with the kids pictures. Here is one she did of Allie. I love it!


Allie is growing so fast! She is completely off the bottle now. She loves to drink from a sippy cup or straw and she eats food great so it was really an easy transition. I think it was harder for me because I was afraid we would lose our morning and night time cuddles. But I am finding that she is still just as snuggly with a sippy cup of milk and a handful of Cheerios. :) She has also been trying new foods the past 2 weeks . . . eggs, whole milk & strawberries. Yep, she loved them all, of course and thankfully wasn't allergic to anything. She has her one year check-up next week . . . not looking forward to the vaccinations. :(

Devin had a very tough week as he continued to feel terrible and run a high fever. I know I don't need to tell you the FEARS I was fighting when I noticed how lethargic he was . . . sleeping all day and running a temperature - with no other symptoms. I finally took him to the doctor because I was so concerned and it turns out he has strep throat! Nope, he never once had a sore throat so I never suspected strep. I am thrilled to say after a couple of doses of the antibiotic Devin is starting to feel much better. Thank goodness! I have to admit I was quite relieved and most thankful to hear that it was just strep! Other than that . . . everyone else in the house is feeling pretty good and I am still praying that Allie stays healthy. There is just so much yuckiness going around.

Please join me in visiting the Prayer Page and lifting up those who are hurting this week. I am always so overwhelmed when I read the prayer requests. There are so many people & children facing such hardships right now and they need our prayers. Pray boldly for healing. Pray for comfort. Pray for strength. Pray for grace. But pray most of all that they feel God's love in a way that will get them through the darkest of days. When I read about the loss of lives, the pain, the suffering, the accidents, etc. on the prayer page, I often think of the following 2 scriptures . . . They are so powerful and comforting - giving me hope and telling me to keep on praying!


"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

John 16:33


"Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying."
Romans 12:12

On my knees,

19 comments:

Amy S. said...

Yes...Our baby girl sure has changed! She is so very cute with those pigtails. I think Im taking it harder than you her being off the bottle. :( To me that is for sure getting to be a big girl. I look so forward to that time with my baby boy...but am reminded all the time about it and his "binky" by our next door neighbor who is a pediatric dentist.. grrrr! :)

Love and Hugs...

Bobbi said...

I love the photo of you, Donny, and the boys with the sunset. It is just breathtaking.

Your Mom is so talented with her photoshop. I love what she did to the picture.

Poor Devin. No sore throat? Strange. Cassie just had strep but her throat was killing her. Glad he is on the mend. I can imagine how worried you were.

With three brothers, boys won't have a chance with Allie. Isn't it amazing how wonderful they are with their siblings?

As always, love the pics of Allie.

Carmen said...

Heather I'm so glad Devin is feeling better. Strep throat is so hard on them, hopefully Allie won't get sick. What a happy baby, I love to see her pictures. Have a great weekend.
Carmen

Sherri said...

You and your family are such an inspiration. My mom, my daughter Kara and myself love to visit your site together and although we get teary eyed about Jacob and all you have been through, you always end up touching our hearts. Your faith remains so strong! (My mom says that Allie looks a lot like I did as a baby). Take care, Sherri

www.caringbridge.org/oh/kara

Sarah said...

Oh how I remember this time last year for you... I remember you sending me those pictures of Allie and I was just so excited for you! The beach pictures are beautiful... I just love those tooth free smiles!

Glad to hear that Devin is feeling better on antibiotics. I am sure that fevers cause you to worry... you poor mommy! Give that huggable little guy an extra hug from me in cold, snowy Ky!

Rachel said...

Heather...have you ever taken photography classes. You are so talented with a camera! The boys look so happy in these pictures. They must enjoy going to the grandparents house!

Leeann said...

Hi Heather and family,

Hugs to Devin. Poor kiddo and Poor you too...I know your heart must seize with fear no matter how you try to calm it. Kids can be so different with strep... one of mine throws up when she has it but is otherwise asymptomatic and none of mine run fevers with it. Very strange.

Love the "one year ago" pictures. Of course the biggest changes are in Princess Allie! She is just too cute for words.

I hope everyone gets well and stays well on your end. Be sure and throw away Devin's toothbrush!

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com
ps- thank you for your sweet note the other day!

Leeann said...

I am so excited!

I just ordered Jacob's book for my birthday gift!

I can't wait to be able to read it and see his sweet little face whenever I want.

xo,
Leeann

snekcip said...

Oh what a wonderful theme this FFF!! This time last year I was struggling w/the "anniversary" of my mother's death! My mother and I were VERY CLOSE and I remember just being in a "low mood", at work and turned on the radio, this beautiful song was playing and to stop from "bawling my eyes out" I told a co-worker I was going to take a "quick break" I decided to take venture downstairs and ONLY GOD knows why I took the route I did that day, as I was "lost" in my sea of emotions, I could hear someone calling my name, there stood my younger cousin VERY PREGNANT and all aglow, I hadn't seen her the ENTIRE PREGNANCY and she told me she was due within a few weeks! I congratulated her and made small talk, I told her to be sure and call me "when" she was going into labor and we said our goodbye's! I was in a much better mood and "THANK GOD" for the "little distraction"! Wouldnt you know it, 2 weeks later ON MY HUSBAND AND I 21st anniversary, my cousin delivered her little girl 03/29! She called just as she promised and I was there to witness it all! To say the emotions were overwhelming is an understatement, as I held this beautiful child, my little cousin whispered " I would love for you and Wayne to be her GODPARENTS!! TALK ABOUT TEARS BIG TIME, to make a longstory short, our little GODCHILD is soon to be OUR ADOPTIVE CHILD, YEP BREE will soon be a permanent part of our family!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES!!She was truly a GODSEND, I thank GOD and for sending us this CHILD INTO OUR LIVES!! I often say GOD know best", however, I feel Momma must have known this as well, cause I know Bree was a HEAVEN SENT gift FROM BOTH GOD AND HER!!

LOVE THE PICS (especially the photoshop one)!!

Dawn P

Unknown said...

Whew! I am so relieved that Devin is feeling better!! I tried to post a message to him last night, but something happened with the blog page when posting. I just told him he can't be sick, it's baseball time!! :) Nic is playing t-ball and is soooo excited to be joining,(in his eyes), the big boys! Time sure flies! And I feel like I am desperately trying to slow it down a little. Enjoying the little moments and the big memories!

Rachel said...

Cute pictures! Allie has changed so much in one year. I love the pigtails too!

Audra said...

Loving all the pictures! Wow, you really Don't need a photographer, with all the Great pictures you take and the magic your mom can work with her programs...thats All you need! Those are priceless tools, you will save Lots of money. :) I spend a fortune on professional pics of my kids, I wish I had the talent to do what the 2 of you can. I Love that pic of Allie, so very cute with the touch of color.
I'm glad Devin is starting to feel better...I do understand, ever since being affected (and not even directly, my friends daughter, Star) by the cancer world, when my kids get sick it is something I battle with too. Ava had a cough, fever and hives covering her whole body this week, Thankfully today she is fever free and the hives seem to be going away. I just hate it when they are sick, and right now there is so much going around. Where is the relief? When will it go away? I'm praying that you all remain well for the rest of this Yucky sick season.
Much Love & have a great weekend Duckworths!
Audra

Jodee said...

Love the beach and swing pictures! Your family is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Isn't your mama amazing too ?! I love the color in the B & W photos, I'll bet we have some classics on the way ! Heather and Brandon are just beyond words, I know you just want to freeze them as they are. The adoration they have for one another just oozes from their little pores - happiness personified.
I am so glad Devin is on the mend.
I was one of those children who had strep, then scarlet (sp. ?) fever, then rheumatic fever - just like that, and was left with a damaged heart valve, so consequently I was more concerned with my kids having a strep throat than anything, and a strep usually is not really sore - and the test is so simple. Always better safe than sorry. They are so easy to treat if you know.
Have a super weekend . . .

Hugs to all,
Sandy D
Atlanta

Reba said...

I love the black and white pictures...what program adds the color? I love that...it is beautiful! I think Joshua will get a swing for his first birthday (maybe by then it will be warm enough here :). Allie looks like she has fun with it...she looks like she has fun with anything. Glad Devin is feeing better. I don't like that strep throat. Hmmm, one year ago, I was just starting to think maybe I wanted to adopt one more time. :)

Mom Of 3 said...

Glad Devin is feeling better. I love the pictures. How much Allie has grown in a year. Thanks again for sharing.

Jennifer said...

Hi Heather~
I love the family picture on the beach! So beautiful!

I actually laughed outloud when I saw the pictures of Allie on the swing! What a lil' cutie pie! She's like a ray of pure sunshine!

Have a great week!
Jennifer

Young Creations said...

Happy Saturday to you Heather!

Thanks so much for stopping by out blog. Of course you can come next time. And bring those adorable beautiful children and husband with you. I loge Allie's little face on that swing.
I am cleaning out the garage today so we can make room for Amanda's new car. I will be looking out for cardinals the whole time.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Lauren

The Stuckey's said...

Your family is preciouse...I have stumbled on you blog and love your FROG theme. What Photoshop program did you mom use for the black and white photo.


Thanks Ashley