Thursday, March 27, 2008

Play Ball!


Baseball Season

has officially begun at our house.

Only Devin is playing this spring
because Brandon decided to take a break and try other things.

But not Devin . . .
he absolutely LOVES baseball
and is just a natural athlete!


So most nights you can find us at the ball field,
cheering for the Pirates and watching Devin play ball!


Am I the only mom who feels a little nervous when her son comes up to bat?

I love this picture of Devin and Donnie . . .
both standing with their hands on their hips!
Like father, like son!



High-5 from Dad after getting a hit and making it to 1st base!



Of course most nights at the ball field you can find me chasing after this active 1-year old who likes to hide under the bleachers, play in dirty trash cans, steal other people's drinks and try to empty everyone's purse!
Yes, the ball field is just too much fun for Allie . . .
not so much fun for Momma! ;)


And she follows her brothers around everywhere -
trying hard to keep up with them and
do exactly what they do.


Yes, she keeps me on my toes and makes it a little challenging to watch the game. Baby Girl is into everything and truly gives me a work-out at each game! But it is so worth it to see the determination and the joy on Devin's face.

20 comments:

Andrea said...

I agree with you - there is no place else like the ball field! My oldest son will be playing his 8th year of baseball this spring - with my husband coaching him every step of the way. It is such a great experience to watch the two of them interact as coach and player, father and son. Enjoy - and it will get easier with Allie. I, too, was chasing a toddler around for a few years, but it was sooo worth it!
- Andrea

Rachel said...

Spring is here! John coaches the girls soccer team and I coordinate the league so it is EXTREMELY difficult doing our duties as well as running after the boys. Last year Makan interrupted two games that I know of...probably more! Why can't our children be those cute little ones who stay in their strollers...naaahhh...I'd rather have my mini-explorers! =)

Anonymous said...

Where to begin . . . Devin looks like a movie star in his uniform and Kyle and Brandon, always beaming - and I love seeing the gentleness they show with Allie and Elizabeth. Aren't the two girls too cute in their dresses ?!

I always find myself beaming just like Kyle when I look at all of your photos.

Love,
Sandy

LIBSMOM said...

Heather,
For 4 years I chased a certain 6 year old around the ball field. It was so mentally and physically draining but he sure loved to get as orange as he could.
Now he's playing little league and his older brother is playing AAU so we too spend about 4 nights during the week at practice and then our weekends are filled with at least 3 games. But we wouldn't trade it for the world.
You guys start a bit later than we do at EastBay. We've 5 games already. who knows, someday maybe our paths will cross during all stars!!

Jodee said...

Love the baseball pictures. I am hoping Carson likes baseball too since it is the only sport I really understand! He starts t-ball in June and I bet I am chasing around a little sister too!

Natalie said...

Love the pictures, Heather! You do such a great job on your site! Allie is just so PRECIOUS!!

Bobbi said...

Devin looks so cute in his baseball outfit. I am not looking forward to Reese going up for bat--I'll have him in full body armor!!

I am with you on chasing the tot while watching a game. I don't know if I ever watched Cassie's basketball games without being distracted!!

But, she is so cute while doing all of that!!

Susan said...

Hey Heather,

I'm glad I put a smile on your face today!

You may want to have your mom and mother in law read that post! Hopefully they are doing much BETTER then me.

Now, do I remember the days out at the baseball field. I was chasing after my baby then, Joel. (The tallest in the picture!)

Great memories. I hope you are videoing the games. My boys STILL love watching them, and get so excited when they see them selves playing! Gosh, you'd think it was a pro game the way they react! Men, what can ya say? Gota love them...

Blessings to you my friend,

Susan

Reba said...

Oh goodness, our games start next week. I didn't think about what our 11 month old will do. Not that my almost 7 year old is easy either...it could be an interesting season. I don't know how much I will get to actually watch. :) Anyway, I love the pictures. I especially love the picture of Allie with her brothers! Too sweet!
Reba

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE baseball! Watching my Mariners right now! Wish I could come to the games! Allie wouldn't stay in a stroller, would she? Stop laughing! It was worth mentioning! :o)
Know that I continue to pray!
Psalms 62:1-2 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Natalie said...

So great to hear from you Heather! I would love to join you on Favorite Foto Friday! Let me know if I need to link anywhere (I'm just learning how to do that) ~ besides I need to snazz up my blog a bit!

And that baby boy of mine - he keeps me so grounded!! I don't get mad at him, it's hard NOT TO LAUGH like crazy when he does sutff like that (I'm SURE you know exactly what I'm talking about!)

Have a blessed weekend - wish I could be at the Relay for Life, but will be in Orlando at a Cheerleading Competition with my daughter!!

Tracy said...

Those are great pictures. We don't play baseball here, but I have chased my little one all around high school and college gyms and pools while my son Matt has done swimming. It is a joy to have a little one at the big kid activities and see them try and be like the big kids. You have the most adorable and photogenic kids.
Tracy

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh...enjoy this sweet time with your kids!!!!!

There's nothing like baseball...apple pie..and...well..you get my drift! :-)

That Allie is something else...I just wanna smooch her sweet..sweet face!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

Kim~

Michele R. said...

Hi Heather!

We start baseball games on Tuesday, so our family will be at the baseball park many evenings too! It is just so much fun watching the kids play. And yes, I am always nervous when Connor comes up to bat or when a ball is hit to him! I guess that is just a mom thing! We always want the best for our children!

Our weather isn't nearly as warm in Nebraska right now, as it is for you in Florida! Seeing the kids in shorts, makes me jealous!

Have a great weekend!

Michele :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures! I love the pictures and seeing the kids outside! It is so great to be outside again! Happy Spring! :)

Sarah said...

I am going to miss baseball season this year too! Grant decided not to play after almost 9 years of baseball! I LOVED chasing my little Bug all over the ball field and she made a lot of people laugh... I know your little Miss Allie-cakes is creating loads of smiles too!!!

Good luck Devin!!!

Tracy said...

Hi Heather-
My son Connor plays several sports including soccer, basketball and baseball (he wants to add fottball in there also-not sure about that one yet :)-I have to admit I love going to the baseball games the most-I love watching him excel and have a good time! I also understand baseball much more than some of the other sports-after reading your post it took me back to the days when my oldest daughter Taylor was playing softball and I spent much of the games chasing him around-I would do it all over again in a second :)
Good luck to Devin and his team this year!
Keep Imagining!
Tracy

snekcip said...

OMG can I ever identify w/keeping up with a very ACTIVE 1yr old! We are mostly in the gym (my husband coaches youth basketball) and Bree is EVERYWHERE! She just loves to chase behind the ball, she can't quite understand why she can't be "on the floor" with all the other kids who are OBVIOUSLY having fun, while she is designated to "sit and watch"! Retrieving her only brings "MAJOR DRAMA"!! Where has my little "arm baby" gone???

Unknown said...

Oh how I love all those eyes!!

You were a busy blogger this week and I was so busy, I just read them all in the middle of the night last night. The Eyes have it! Thank you for posting all your pictures, they are so precious and you are so talented at getting the good shots! You are starting to give me a complex! ;) I've just got to work harder, I guess.

Love you all!!

Julie said...

Love the high-5 pic. It is so, just, well, baseball! The father/son connection to it just makes it all the more endearing.