Monday, March 3, 2008

A Walk in the Woods

Hello friends,

We didn't do much this weekend - because Devin caught the flu bug! We thought he was in the clear since it has been 2 weeks since Brandon & Kyle were sick . . . but no such luck! Devin was sent home from school early on Thursday with a high fever and he has felt terrible ever since. He still had a fever this morning so no school again today. Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow! I am praying without ceasing that Baby Girl doesn't get it because this is one BAD BUG! She did have the flu shot, though, so hopefully she won't catch it.

I wanted to share some pics we took last week. This bridge is a popular photo spot here in our neighborhood - it makes such a beautiful background.








Of course this wasn't the first time we took pictures here. We did the same photo shoot 2 years ago on St. Patrick's Day with the boys. They have grown so much! And oh, how I miss my blue-eyed, booty-shaking, silly Jacob! Thank goodness for PICTURES because they capture precious memories!



Ending with a scripture that I read often to remind me that I always have reason to celebrate - even if I'm having a bad day. It is so easy to get caught up in this life - but this is not all there is! Life is hard - but God saves us!

"Fig trees may no longer bloom,
or vineyards produce grapes;
olive trees may be fruitless,
and harvest time a failure;
sheep pens may be empty,
and cattle stalls vacant--
but I will still celebrate
because the LORD God
saves me."
Habakkuk 3:17-18

Celebrating,

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, the pictures are just beautiful, that bridge looks like a fake background it soo pretty! The boys are getting so tall, they are almost catching up to Kyle. I hope Devin gets over his bug soon, and baby girl does'nt catch it! Hugs from Fort Worth. Tammy

Anonymous said...

What a perfect place for photos !
Is Miss Priss divine with her brothers or what ?!
I'm so sorry Devin is still out with the flu, this has been a mean flu season. I am holding my breath for Allie.
I'll check you all later this week,
enjoy.

Hugs,
Sandy D
Atlanta

Tonya said...

Oh, Heather, what SWEET pictures! As you say, "bittersweet" memories... they're all around us. We'll be praying for Devin's quick recovery and of course that baby girl will NOT get it. (Prayin it'll spare Mom & Dad too!)

HAVE A BLESSED week!
Love,
Tonya

Jenny said...

Heather,
That is absolutely one of my very favorite verses!!! Even when things are hard... there is still the Ultimate Hope. :)

I love the pictures. Izzy and Allie are so close in age, so it's esp. fun to watch her grow in the pictures. Always love pictures of your boys too!!
Hugs,
Jenny
Catie and Izzy's mom

Christy said...

Heather- your family is so beautiful. I am so happy that Allie has adjusted so well being a part of the family. She truly belongs....you can tell that just by looking at the pictures. My friend and I have followed your family's journey for about 3 yrs now...you all are such an inspiration to us. We were just talking over the weekend about how great you all are and was watching Allie's birthday video...how cute that was. I hope Devin feels better soon and that Allie can avoid the nasty bug. Best wishes always,
Christy (mom to Chloe www.caringbridge.org/visit/chloenewman)(

Bobbi said...

What beautiful pictures. The boys are getting so tall---and handsome!! As always, Allie is just a doll.

Hope Devin is feeling better. I too am with you on hoping Allie doesn't get it. It is nasty!!

snekcip said...

Oh Devin sweetie!! Hope you feel better BIG GUY!!

Heather that flu bug is really making it's way around the map!! Fortunately we haven't had it in our household, but the nasty stomach bug paid us a visit, he LIKED me so much, he decided to visit me again!! We banished that fellow w/lots of LYSOL on hand!!

Hoping Allie doesnt catch the "bug" as well.

LOVE THE BRIDGE PICS, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BACKGROUND! MY FAVORITE OF COURSE WAS THE ONE W/JACOB, THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME (WELL FOR ME AT LEAST)! What a beautiful picture of your guys!!

Okay my second favorite is the one w/ALLIE looking back at the camera while standing w/her brothers..simply beautiful!!

KEEP THE PICS COMING, I TRULY LOVE SEEING THEM GROWUP BEFORE MY EYES!!

Carmen said...

Heather I love the pictures, Allie looked like she was enjoying her walk. I think the picture where she was holding Devin and Brandon's hands looking back at you is so sweet. I hope Devin feels better soon, and I pray Allie doesn't get it. Gracie had it and it was bad, I felt so sorry for her.Have a great week.
Carmen

Rachel said...

Such beautiful pictures!!! You are blessed with beautiful landscape. We tried to get out yesterday and enjoy all that God has created. I will have to post some of those pics later in the week! Happy Monday dear friend.

Melanie said...

What gorgeous pictures!! I love the outdoor shots so much! I remember the ones of the boys two years ago. I always love seeing the sweet face of Jacob. The boys have grown so much. You are blessed. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures with us!

LIBSMOM said...

Heather,
The pictures are amazing! Allie looks so happy to be surrounded by her brothers. I just love her little shoes.
My how the boys have grown in just a year.
This flu that is going around is horrible. I pray for all affected to be healed soon and that no one else gets it.

Mom Of 3 said...

I hope Devin feels better. Thanks for sharing the great pictures. I always love looking at your great pictures. You are such an insperation. Thank you again for sharing your sweet family.

Lakeville Vertical said...

Beautiful pictures. I love how happy Alli looks. What a princess with her entourage! I must say that I am a little jealous how green and beautiful it looks. I am longing for better weather! Blessings to you this week.

Jodee said...

Wow! What a perfect place for pictures! They are all adorable! Love the plaid shorts too!

Reba said...

Ugh, the flu bug! I hope and pray that Allie does not get it. It is not fun for children or mommies.

The pictures are gorgeous. It is tempting to take a trip to your neighborhood just to take some pictures there. Absolutely breathtaking. I too love the one where the boys are starting to walk and Allie looks back at the camera. And I love looking at pictures with Jacob...those always melt my heart. I had to laugh though. Our weather looked a lot like that yesterday (not quite as warm though). Today, it has been snowing! Weird weather...

Have a good and healthy week!
Reba

Sarah said...

Oh Heather... we are just recovering from that flu bug and we all had the shot! I hope that sweet Devin is feeling better very soon!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures on the bridge! I love how they are all in brown tones and I am so jealous that you all are wearing shorts and short sleeves!

I think I will ask you to come take pictures of Bug when we come to FL this summer! You have a good eye and of course, your subjects are just gorgeous!

I love seeing the bridge pictures with Jacob in them... I miss your sweet guy too and I never experienced the joy of meeting him.

Love, hugs and FROG!

Sarah

Kelly said...

LOVE those pictures! Wow...so pretty!! My favorite is the one of the boys looking away from the camera and Allie looking back at it. SO CUTE! Your children are beautiful.

Enjoy your week and I hope Devin feels better very soon!!

Jennifer said...

Heather,
Those pictures are beautiful! I love the one of Brandon - just gorgeous! The scenery there is so pretty! I have to ask though...are there alligators around there? I've heard so much about the gators in Florida but I don't know how many areas are really affected by them!

Anyway - have a great day!
Jennifer

Amy said...

I love the pictures!! I think the Duckworth kids are beautiful!! I especially love the picture with Allie turing around.
I hope everyone is feeling well. My husband and I both had that nasty bug, and we all had our flu shots. Thankful the kids were spared....or at least so far. Luke's allergies are going crazy though!!

beth reilly said...

Dear Heather, Just seeing that book cover gives me a lump in my throat. I tried to read it to my kids when they were little and I could never finish it. Now that my mother and my husband's parents are getting older it really rings true. The pictures on the bridge are just beautiful. I don't know how you get such perfect pictures all the time. Your children should be models. Take care and keep taking pictures! Beth Reilly

Dena said...

Fantastic Photos!

Unknown said...

Ok, the "Love You Forever" book, makes me cry everytime and my oldest son won't let me read it! HA! It makes me sad, too, when I think about the stages you will miss with Jacob. It is most painful when I see pictures of the triplets and see how they have grown, since Jacob went Home, knowing he isn't growing with them. I don't know what I expected, maybe that they would stay the same age as Jacob;I mean come on they are triplets. I do so love to watch them grow, though! I ADORE the bridge pictures, but someone is painfully missing from them! Still, I learn from you and I embrace what we are given and celebrate each day with Hope!! Love you guys!!!!!