Hello friends,
We celebrated Kyle's 10th birthday yesterday! (See post below)
We celebrated Kyle's 10th birthday yesterday! (See post below)
Someone asked me today if I was a little sad that Kyle is another year older and has hit double digits. I have to admit that it is always bittersweet celebrating a birthday . . . realizing that another year has gone by so quickly! Yet, instead of feeling sad - I feel so overwhelmingly thankful that I was blessed with another year with my child. After losing Jacob, I don't take birthdays for granted! They are truly a celebration of LIFE . . . a blessing . . . a gift! And I am just so happy to witness this milestone in Kyle's life . . . so thankful that he is here - with me . . . healthy, strong, handsome, happy and full of energy. That brings so much JOY to my heart and I thank God for the gift of 10 years with my Kyle and pray that I will have many, many more in the years to come.
We celebrated Kyle's birthday at Dinosaur World and then went to Grandpa's house for pizza, cake, swimming and a pinata. It was an absolutely beautiful day with family and friends and we all had so much fun - especially Kyle. Here are a few of my favorite pics from Kyle's birthday. And for those who have time or want to see more - there is also a slideshow with all the pics and video clips from the day.
We celebrated Kyle's birthday at Dinosaur World and then went to Grandpa's house for pizza, cake, swimming and a pinata. It was an absolutely beautiful day with family and friends and we all had so much fun - especially Kyle. Here are a few of my favorite pics from Kyle's birthday. And for those who have time or want to see more - there is also a slideshow with all the pics and video clips from the day.
Happy Birthday, Kyle!
Kyle was so excited that he won this dino
at the claw game!
Kyle & Allie
The whole crew of kids
He can climb a tree in about 2 seconds.
Can you just see the orneriness in Devin? :)
Happy Birthday, Kyle!
The cardinal is always a reminder of God's faithfulness & love.
Always a reminder that Jacob is always with us - no matter where we go.
We are so thankful for the gift of these red bird sightings . . .
they make us smile every time.
And Kyle was so excited to see one on his party day!
Isn't he just beautiful?
Thanks so much for all the birthday comments for Kyle! They are so appreciated!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"You are God's child, and God will give you the blessing he promised, because you are His child."
Galatians 4:7
Thankful to be His child,




24 comments:
Happy 10th Birthday to Kyle! Looks like you all had a good weekend together celebrating his birhtday. :) Great pictures as always!
I cant wait to get home to MY HOME COMPUTER and watch the video! I love your videos and your family!!! I agree, birthday is a gift of life! I love the cardinal sightings, that is one beautiful bird!!!!
Ahhh, just think 5-6 years from now, the interest will wane (maybe) from Dinosaurs to "DINAH" the pretty girl in class!!!! Let's wish him many MORE YEARS of checking out the dinosaurs instead of the pretty "DINAH SHORES" (well she is WAY BEFORE HIS TIME *and mine*) but you get the picture!! LOL
Happy Birthday Kyle!
It looks like you all had a wonderful time celebrating his birth.
Your family and the pictures always bless me. It's wonderful to see close families enjoying each other. I have a family like that and never want to take it for granted.
Yes, baby girl is just the cutest thing ever!
Thanks for sharing your family and fun times with us who don't even know you.
God bless you, Kyle and may you enjoy this year more than any other. Glad your 10th birthday was so special.
Love,
Valerie
Beautiful pictures as always! I love them all but I have to tell you that the picture of the cardinal is just breath taking. And, Brandon can come over and climb trees with my Monkey Boy Brent anytime. Brent is 6 years old so they would get along great! I'll have to post a recent picture of Brent on my blog. He was hanging from a tree. That's his favorite place to be.
Happy birthday Kyle! Looks like you all had a great day! I was looking at the last post of the young pictures of Kyle, and it is amazing how much he looks like Jacob! I did a double take a couple of times! Wow.
Happy happy birthday to Kyle!! I sent him an e-card, as the day snuck up on me and I found myself standing there with his card in my hand instead of in the mail! Belated cards are good, too. Keeps the birthday going! What a wonderful big brother!!!! We wish him many more wonderful birthdays! How very proud we all are of you, Kyle!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE!
You don't know me, but I feel like I know you! I am glad you had such a wonderful celebration. You sure make your momma proud.
Maureen Cadle
Looks like such a great day. HaPpY BiRtHdAy KyLe !!!
The cardinals always give me the chills. His presence is always with you.
Your family always knows how to have fun.
Love the birthday posts! Happy Birthday, Kyle!
HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY KYLE!!!
Happy Birthday Kyle!! Looks like he had a fantastic birthday with all your family & friends!
I love reading about your precious family. Happy Birthday to Kyle. He is so handsome and seems so sweet...I loved reading your words about him. Thanks for sharing. Great pics!
What a wonderful first son you have. Sounds like an eventful birth and am so thankful that all turned out well for you both!
What a blessing and a joy to have such a special son and friend.
Happy birthday to your big guy.
Looks like Kyle had a great party!
Love the cake, it's awesome!!!
The boys are growing up so fast. They look so "grown up" in these pictures.
Allie, just as precious as ever.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KYLE!!!!!!!!!
Looks like you had a wonderful day!
Stopping in to let you know I'm still praying!
Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
I missed getting to comment on the birthday post - so sorry.
Anyway - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE!!!Your two whole hands old now, huh? Very exciting!
After reading all of the other posts, mine will seem a little redundant, but I agree that it is a little uncanny seeing the resemblance between (young) Kyle and Jacob.
I did not know that Kyle had Aspergers either. I would love to hear more of his story if you ever feel inclined to share. I've worked with kids with ASD's and find their myriad of abilities so amazing. They are truly incredible people.
Thank you so much for sharing so much of your family - all of you are such and inspiration.
Happy 10th Birthday Kyle.... He looks like he had a great Birthday and talks so sweet, I love his voice. What a beautiful cardinal, how amazing. I love Allie's pictures in the pool, beautiful baby girl. Congratulations to Rhonda, I'm so happy for her. She so deserves to be happy and her boys need a good man to look up to and be a good role model. I can't wait to see her new baby. Have a great week.
Your Friend,
Carmen
Happy Belated Birthday, Kyle!
Oh, Heather.. I'm SO SORRY I missed sending him birthday wishes ON his actual birthday. We've been doing "home church" since we lost Brent and it was our turn to "host" our "church family" this Sunday. (Doing as the New Testament church and "meeting from house to house) Needless to say I've been cleaning like a MAD woman around here since mid week (of LAST week). It was FUN, but it's nice to be able to REST for a bit.
Anyway.. I've missed out on some posts from my favorite blogs and I'm glad to be BACK.
I LOVE the pictures... your children are more beautiful each time I see them. I do hope that we get to meet you guys on THIS side of HEAVEN. =-)
Take care, and have a GREAT week...
LOVE YOU!
What a great day you guys had.
I wish we had a Dinosaur World near us. My 8 year old son would love that park!
It must be really fun living in Florida where you are near all those fun and cool parks.
I love when Kyle was telling about the dinosaur. He makes a fine tourguide ;)
Great pictures and wonderful video!
You and your family is truly blessed to have each other.
Wow what a great birthday Kyle had-thanks for sharing the pics and video. My son Connor turns 11 next month-a pre-teen-not sure I am ready for that (i know I am not!)
Happy Belated B-day to Kyle!
Happy Birthday, Kyle! A day late.
I loved all the pictures and the slide show was great.
Thanks for sharing Kyle's birthday party with us.
Happy 10th Birthday, Kyle.
May the Lord continue to bless you and your wonderful family. Have an awesome year being 10!!!
Love from MN,
Janet DeRosier
Happy birthday, Kyle (a little late...story of my life ;). I hope it was a very special day. Mom is certainly handling that birthday well. Our oldest son will be 10 later in the year and I am already sad thinking about the double digits, though I know your mom is right...we need to celebrate these beautiful children and their special days...just remind me of that in December. :) The pictures are incredible, and the cardinal picture...wow. That just takes my breath away. God is good...all of the time!
Reba
Post a Comment