Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Birthday Wishes!


Today is my Dad's birthday so we just want to send him some Happy Birthday wishes! Can you believe my dad was born on April Fool's Day? I have to admit that my brother and I had too much fun with that fact when we were growing up. :)

But I am so thankful to have a dad that is involved in all that we do! I can honestly say that he has always been there for me - supporting me through the good times and bad. That has continued with his grandchildren, too - as he has attends every birthday party, makes it to baseball games and dropped everything many times to help when Jacob was sick. Not to mention he does our taxes! :) We just love and appreciate him so much!


Grandpa's Birthday 2006

Grandpa's Birthday 2007


We are celebrating my dad's birthday this Sunday -so I'm sure I will have more pictures to share next week!

Thanks so much to all who commented on the post below! I am so thankful to all who continue to support our efforts to raise awareness about childhood cancer.

Ending with a scripture . . .

"Fathers, don't make your children angry. Instead, train them and teach them the ways of the Lord as you raise them."
Ephesians 6:4


So thankful for my dad,

16 comments:

Lakeville Vertical said...

What a wonderful dad you have! Hope you have a great celebration with him this weekend.
I have not personally been touched by pediatric cancer except a co-worker of mine lost her son to a rare liver cancer but my dad has non-hodgkins lymphoma, I have lost four co-workers from cancer (2 breast, 2 colon cancers) in the last two years and have other family members who have survived. My sister is a radiation therapist and my brother in law in a radiation oncologist so I hear a lot of stories from them. It seems as if cancer is all around. It's a beast and my hope is to have it cured also for not only the children facing it but the moms, dads, sisters, brothers, grandmas, and grandpas. My daughter did the St. Jude Mathathon and we have bought many fundraising items from anything to bracelets to books to cards. I know that if I had a child with cancer I would want someone rallying for us and for now that is what we do. There is a caringbridge site I have followed for a couple of years now that is selling books in honor of a sweet little girl named Ashleigh that lost her battle to neuroblastoma. Her mom wrote down her daughter's stories and put them into books. The first one came out last year and the second just came out last weekend. Check it out-they are beautiful. Sorry this is long winded. I am still prayerful for your family and love seeing your kids beautiful smiles. Blessings.

Lakeville Vertical said...

Forgot to leave her site name. Oops. Here it is:
www.caringbridge.org/mi/ashleigh

Amy S. said...

Happy Birthday To Grandpa! I know all to well about that "fun" you and your brother had...my birthday is today too! I still get teased about being born on April Fool's Day!...and Im not happy at all on the age I am today. :(

Hugs to everyone!

Love and Hugs..

Rebekah said...

As usual I stop in to see the great pictures you take of your beautiful children - I smiled when I saw the great photo of your dad! That picture alone captures him with his smile ... Heather you are so blessed to have such a great family involved in your lives ... and I just know Jacob felt their love surrounding him always! God Bless!

Rebekah and Jaden!

www.jadenalexandra.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful dad! Is Steve your brother??? I am assuming he is (and not Donnie's brother) because he looks SOOOOO much like your dad!

Have a great day!
Love,
Jennifer

Carmen said...

Heather,
Happy Birthday to your dad. I can only imagine how much fun you must have had on his b-day's.
Have a wonderful day,
Carmen

Rachel said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy and have a wonderful day!

Jodee said...

Wow! Your Dad sounds like a great guy! I hope he has a fun and relaxing b-day!

Bobbi said...

Sounds like you have a great Dad. Hope the celebration is fun.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa!!

Heather,

Hope your dad had a great day and felt special. I know he he has lots of adoring children and grands.

Thanks for sharing this special day with us!

Laurie from GA said...

I came upon your site over the weekend. I've now read both blogs and am in awe! Your beautiful family has endured so much!

I have a spunky 6 yr old son (he so resembles Jacob - blonde hair, crystal blue eyes) and an energetic 2 yr old daughter. After I finished your blog on Sunday, I really cuddled them so tight!

I am so inspired by your faith!

Oh, and I thought I was the only "sappy" one that couldn't read "I'll love you forever". I truly cannot finish that book.

My heart and my prayers are with your family. I'm amazed at how you've handled what life has given you. I can only hope to ever be so brave...if needed!

God bless!

Mom Of 3 said...

Happy Birthday to your DAD! What a grat family you have. I hope you have a wonderful day with him.

Sue said...

A Day Late but many wishes of a Happy Birthday to your Dad. Dad's are treasurers from heaven above and God certainly sent you one.

Tonya said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your Daddy! I hate I missed it yesterday.

I love the pictures... he looks like such a sweetie.


Hope you're having a great week!

LOVE YOU!

snekcip said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful father! I know this weekend will be a fun filled one! I can't wait to see all the pictures!!!! Tell Nancy I said Hello!!

Unknown said...

OOOH, Happy Late Birthday to Grandpa!! From the Rogers Kids.