Sunday, April 13, 2008

The-Spring-Breaks-Over-Blues

Hello friends,
We had such a wonderful Spring Break vacation! It was so great to have time with all my guys without the stresses of school and work. We enjoyed every single minute of our week together.

First we celebrated Grandpa's birthday!
And then we enjoyed a beautiful day at the beach!

And we spent the day at Busch Gardens with 8 kids in tow! :)


We went swimming almost every day . . .
And we spent 3 days in Orlando going to Universal Studios and
Islands of Adventure!
The bad part about vacations is that they must always come to an end. And since we had such a fabulous week together it is really hard coming back to reality . . . knowing that all my guys are heading off to work and school tomorrow and all I have to look forward to is a big pile of laundry. So needless to say I've got the "Spring-Breaks-Over-Sunday-Night-Blues" tonight.

Allie and I sure are going to miss our guys tomorrow - so very much!



I've got lots to share - but I've got well over 300 pictures and some video to go through first! So hopefully I will get a chance to update later on this week . . . after I get caught up on laundry, of course! ;)

Ending with a scripture . . .

"So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can. And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God."
Ecclesiastes 3:12-13


Cherishing God's gifts,


20 comments:

Carmen said...

Heather it looks like you all had a great week. Allie looked like she was having so much fun in the water. Our spring break started today. I'm so happy to have Gracie home this week. Have a great week.
Carmen

Kristine said...

Looks like you had a great spring break and so much fun.
I bet it is great living in Florida near all those fun places to visit :)

I look forward to seeing more pictures!

I hope the boys have a great day on their first day back at school.

Dell5 said...

Heather ~ I love the fact that your whole family does things together. I am so jealous....can I be a part of your family too??!! You can never stop blogging. I love your blog, it brightens my day:-)

www.caringbridge.org/visit/hayden

Dena said...

What precious pictures! I am now wanting to head to the beach!

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Heather,
I tried to send this already, but I think I pushed the wrong button. I hope it does not pop up twice.

I have been following your journey for years. I am so guilty for never leaving a comment. I followed Jacob's site for years. I spent time praying, crying, laughing, and praising God for Amazing Jacob!

We lived in Palm Harbor, Florida for 12 years. The photo of the alligator brought back memories. When my boys were 3 we went into the back yard to take a swim. There was a gator in our pool. I still get the creeps thinking about it.

I want to thank you for starting up this blog. It was wonderful following the adoption of Allie. She is just adorable! She always brings a smile to my face. Your boys are speical too. I can really see their different personalities in the photos.

You have been so blessed with children, parents, in-laws, family and friends. But, I know the void in your heart for Jacob will always remain until you are reunited with your amazing son.

Keep the post and pictures coming, I love them.

I am sure your family has started the count down to summer, like ours has. I love my boys home too.

God bless you and your family.

Young Creations said...

Thanks for the wonderful update Heather. The weather was wonderful here in Southern California as well. Stop by our blog and say a prayer for our good friend who lost her brother this in Iraq. I am so heartbroken.
Lauren

Unknown said...

It looks like you all had such a wonderful time together. What a blessing that is!!

We are finally enjoying a few warm days up here in MN. It's been a cold April so far and your sunny FL weather looks fabulous.

I think of Jacob so often and remember his beautiful smile and bright blue eyes. He's got to be SO VERY proud of his family for continuing to live with JOY and FAITH even through the tough/sad times.

Heather, you continue to be such an inspiration to me. You have always had such a positive outlook and told about your faith with such grace and love. What an amazing lady you are!! It is no wonder that Jacob was so amazing!!

Looking forward to more pictures,
Janet DeRosier

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Heather~
I'm SO glad you had an amazing spring break with your family!!

What joy I can see in each face as I look at your photo's.

Praying that God blesses your soul today...even if you are doing laundry!

Blessing to you!
Kim~

Susan said...

Wow, another great spring break!! I sure wish I lived in Florida by you guys! (well not during huricane season...)

Heather you have such a spirit of JOY, and your whole family caught it too.

Loved the pictures!

Sarah said...

Happy Spring Break to you too!!! Looks like you all had a great time. Hope you and Allie are adjusting to your days without the boys home... summer will be here very soon!

LOVE all your pictures, my friend! And, I just watched Allie's video... she is just precious!

Bobbi said...

HUH!! I have a feeling if you wait until you are caught up on laundary we will never hear from you again. That is, if it is anything like my house!!

What a great vacation you had. Can't wait to see more.

Laura said...

Hi! I am so glad everyone had such a wonderful spring break! School will be out in no time, so even more fun-filled days are right around the corner! :) Have a wonderful week!

Smile :)

Anonymous said...

The Bubbas and Allie ! Is there anything the princess doesn't like ? She is going to go and do anything her brothers do - and love it. If any angel needed to come to earth, it was Allie !

I can't wait till the wash is done and we can see more !

Love,
Sandy D
Atlanta

Liz from Maryland said...

Heather: Sounds like you had a fantastic spring break. We've been wintering in Melbourne Beach, Fla. but are now back to realty. We have stopped in Atlanta on our way back to Md. and it is a mere 50 degrees out today and I'm freezing. Your beach pictures have really made me miss the beach.
Loved the video of Allie - she is just adorable. Hope that you've gotten all of your laundry caught up. That is the worst thing about the end of a vacation.
Sending love and hugs,
Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.

Tonya said...

Heather.. it's SO SWEET to know you had such a great time on your vacation. As always, I LOVE the pictures. (They tell us so much don't they?) My sister & I are planning to get our little folks together to do pictures on Wednesday. HOPEFULLY, I'll have some new ones to share soon.

As for the Kool-Aid... I'm SO HAPPY to know I'm not alone in "depriving" my children. LOL!!! Sweet tea and soda are a rare find here. I usually keep stocked up on milk (they drink LOTS of chocolate milk) and of course water... occasionally I have juice on hand. I grew up on Kool-Aid and sweet tea as well.. but I'm TRYING to avoid repeating a few of my bad habits with our boys. (I eat and drink too much sugar) O=-)

Oh, before I forget... Allie Grace's adoption was FINAL today! It's absolutely OVER... she's FOREVER in our family - to STAY! What a BLESSING!

valerie said...

Heather, looks like you all had a wonderful spring break trip.
The water there looks so blue and pretty.
Are there hotels right there on the beach and an airport nearby?
I'm not too familar with this area, but it looks like a great place to vacation.
So glad you all had fun. Precious memories!
Love,
Valerie

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful break! Hope you and Allie get some snuggle time tomorrow!

Becca said...

What a fun vacation! Sorry you've got the post vacation blues. Great pics!

Will you please email me becca.as@hotmail.com - I have a question to ask you. Thanks!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Lelia Chealey said...

All of your kids have such precious smiles! Sounds like you had a blast. My husbands family is from Orlando & we have so much fun when we visit.
Thank you for your sweet comments about my granddaughter on my blog. Grandma before 40 is not something I ever dreamed would happen, but I wouldn't trade this little joy for anything!!!
Love,
Lelia

Kim M. said...

Love, love, love the pictures! I'm glad you had such a great spring break. Our family is headed to Florida at the end of the month for vacation and we are THRILLED to spend time at the beach again.
I know that Kyle's bday is coming up. I can't help thinking that it's unreal that Amazing Jacob has been in Heaven for almost 2 years. When I look at his pictures, there is just SOMETHING about Jacob....in his eyes, his smile, that just make him seem as if he was always touched by an angel. I will forever be grateful for finding your site - it has changed my life in so many ways.
Love from our family to yours!
Kim Magnan

---Do you know when your second book will be done?