There are so many little things she does that I never want to forget! She just warms my heart with her sweetness.
* She must have her Elmo, her baby doll and her blanket to go to sleep. And when she wakes up she has to snuggle with ALL 3 of them for about 5 minutes before she is ready to face the day!
* She loves books and definitely has her favorites. I just love the way she will bring me a book and then back into my lap to sit down so I can read it to her.
* She loves her baby doll. She carries it around, she rocks it, she feeds it a bottle and . . . she cries big tears when I have to take it away!
* I love how animated, interactive and FUN Allie is! She is so very expressive and cracks me up all day. I just love being with her. She always makes me smile with her excitement & curiosity about everything. Oh, how wonderful it is to view the world through her eyes!
* I love how verbal she is . . . this little one amazes me with her vocabulary! She is talking way more than the boys were at her age . . . maybe it's a girl thing?? Or maybe it's because she has 3 older brothers who are always talking to her! But I love to hear her talk and try to communicate in her baby language - just too cute! She says too many words to count now, but her new words this week are:
~Uh-oh
~Good girl
~Yes, ma'am!
~Roll-over (The dog can roll-over - so she chases Minnie all over the house telling her to roll-over)
~Go, go, go - which she yells at the ball games!
~P-U - when the diaper is not smelling so fresh!
* She has learned to shake her head YES and say YES when she wants something. Which is great because now I'm not hearing NO all the time! :)
* She occasionally has a temper and can throw herself down if she gets mad - but even her temper tantrums are funny because she lays down gently on the ground and then gets mad! We ALL try hard to just ignore her and not laugh! :)
* She calls for me all day long . . . saying "Momma" and rarely lets me get more than 2 feet away from her. I don't have to tell you how that is music to my ears!
* She is hysterical at Devin's baseball games! She cheers and claps and yells, "Go, go, go." And if she sees Donnie out on the field (he is the coach) she gets all excited and starts yelling - very loudly - "Dada, dada, dada!" Donnie can't resist coming over to see her when she does this - even in the middle of the game!
* She is into EVERYTHING and can make a mess of a room in about 1.5 seconds!
Oh, how I love this baby girl!
She just makes my heart happy! Words can not even begin to express how much of a blessing this child has been to ALL of us. The boys adore her and it has been such a treasure to watch how nurturing and caring they are with her. She brings me to my knees everyday . . . thanking God for this beautiful gift of love, hope & joy!
And a quick funny about the boys . . .
The other day we were leaving our neighborhood when we saw several kids in fancy dresses and tuxes getting their picture taken under a tree. There was a limo out front, too.
I said, "Oh, it must be prom night!"
And the boys asked what prom night was.
I told them that it was something you do in high school. You dress up and go out to a dance with a girl. And some kids rent limos to take them to the prom.
All 3 of the boys groaned.
And Devin said, "Oh, no, Mom, do we have to do that? Because I don't want to."
And Brandon said, "Me, neither! I don't want to go out with a girl!"
And Kyle said, "I am NOT doing that!"
Donnie and I both laughed at them and said that we would wait and see how they feel about it when they are 16. I have a feeling they will all change their mind! But for now, I will enjoy the fact that I am the only girl they like! :)
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ for the spiritual blessings that Christ has brought us from heaven!"
Ephesians 1:3
Praising God for my blessings,
********************************************************
Several asked about Allie's outift in the post below!
The smocked bubble romper came from
OLD NAVY!



28 comments:
We love your beautiful daughter, too. Thank you for sharing her. It is fun to watch her grow up. I am certain Jacob had a big role in chosing her for your family.
God bless you all.
Love,
Jenny
wow little Allie is sure growing up...she is sooo adoreable awwwww....
Love all these pictures of your precious baby girl. I especially like the one with her looking for Daddy through the fence at the ball game. My little guy loves to kiss also. I am so glad that he still likes to since he is my last and I can always use a sloppy little boy kiss! Have a great week.
Oh Heather... I know exactly how you feel about your beautiful girl and about how she makes your family fit together even more tightly than ever before!
Allie is so beautiful and so precious! I hope someday to hear her sweet little voice calling you momma in the not so distant future!
My son is just a little bit younger than your girlie--he'll be 11 months next week. He's so fun right now too! Is Allie actually puckering when she kisses, or does she still do the big, slobbery baby kiss thing? Colter showers me with slobbery kisses, and I love them! His daddy isn't so fond of being slobbered on though. :) It's neat to see what babies a little older are doing, so I know what I have to look forward too. They change so quickly!
Great pictures!
You are so right. These moments are so easy to forget. I know that there is stuff with the girls I can't remember. That is what I like about the blog. I can get it out there so I don't forget.
I have one who doesn't let me out of his sight either. He is also such a little lover that I can't resist him.
How funny about the boys. HA give them a couple more years!! Enjoy it now.
Allie is getting cuter by the day.
Just love all the pictures. My favorite is the one of you and her together. You can see the love on both of your faces. You are a beautiful family!
Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.
I have just fallen in love with Allie. I am so happy and know that Angel Jacob and God played a hand in bringing her to you. She is right where God wanted her.
Hey Heather,
Oh, I just can't get enough of seeing Miss Allie! She looks so good in ANY thing she wears.
Once again, she reminds me so much of Jordan as a baby. All my other boys were fair and had LIGHT hair!
I thought that was cute what the boys said. I remember those days. No matter what, you'll ALWAYS be thier FIRST LOVE!!
When you get a chance stop by my blog and see what I'm thanking God for this week.
Blessings♥
What very sweet pictures! Allie is just so expressive...you can tell exactly how she feels! What a gift she is to your family. I love that you are recording what she is doing. I always think I will remember forever, and now the kids get jumbled in my mind...who did what when? (I do know that our daughter talked MUCH earlier than her brother though they both do a fair share of it now. :) I just love to see how God has knitted your family even in (or especially in) the face of losing Jacob to heaven.
Reba
Praying in Seattle!
1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
I can feel your joy and happiness just by reading your words Heather. I'm thanking God tonight for bringing precious Allie into your home. She is just so adorable and seems to be extremely smart!
Very cute story about the boys. I can't wait for them to hear this story as teenagers!
Hope you're having a great week.
Heather I love all the pictures of Allie. I think it is so sweet when they have to have certain things to lay down and go to sleep. Gracie had a Shrek as big as she was and she slept with it every night. My mom said that was the ugliest thing she ever saw. I have pictures of her sitting beside it and falling over asleep in a chair. One of her laying on top of it asleep at night and one of her playing at her cousins house, she had it sitting beside her on the steps to the slide. She decided she likes her teddy best now, I still have her big shrek...The boys are to funny, they'll change their minds, lol.
There's nothing like having a little girl. My son was just an infant when we found out I was pregnant. It was definitely not planned. They are 19 mo. apart.
I cannot imagine life without my daughter. She's 25 now & married (in fact I just posted one of my favorite wedding pictures of her along with a "how they met" story). She is one of my very best friends.
I am so thankful Allie came into your family. It's obvious the joy she has and the joy she has brought to your family.
That's too cute about the boys' comment about prom. :)
They are so cute too. They always look so happy.
Thanks again for sharing the pictures.
Love,
Valerie
I just love the kissing stage. Many of my cousins live in Florida and I have one cousin who has a two-year-old daughter named Lila. My family and I just did a relay for life in Port Orange, FL (team Double Trouble) a few weeks ago, so we flew in and walked and spent the weekend with family. It was the first time we've seen Lila in almost a year and she just puckers up and gives great big kisses all the time. She also gives great big hugs and says "pop" when she hugs you because she's squeezing you with lovin' until you pop! Too cute!!
Anyway, babies are so good for the soul. The innocent way they love on you can change your whole perspective on life... it's really amazing. And I just love getting to know your journey with Allie through this site. It's so remarkable that we are able to watch her grow up too (and the boys as well of course). I think we are all really lucky to be part of your online family.
Please let Rhonda and Steve know that I'm thinking about them. They don't know me either, but they are in my heart and I am praying for their health and happiness. Yours as well. I can't wait to hear stories about ALL your nephews!!
Love, Kyle
Allie is such a cutie! I just love the pictures of her at Devin's baseball games.
What a great picture of you and Allie.
Thanks for sharing the story about the boys. I had to laugh because it reminded me of my boys when they were younger. Now, they want to know if they can rent a limo when they go to prom.
I always enjoy your post so much. Thanks!
OH HEATHER WE ARE IN THE KISSING STAGES TOO...ALTHOUGH I THINK SCHNAUZER (Paris) GETS THE MAJORITY OF THEM!! First she tackles the poor dog and after desperately trying to stick her fingers in its nostrils she plants a huge kiss on Paris. However we love the PHONE GIBBERISH she carries on w/the phone or the remote which she sometimes substitutes for the phone! Remember I have a teenager in the house and she mimicks her on the phone and its HILARIOUS!! She has this OVERLY DRAMATIC conversation going on and slaps her knees and throws her head back and laugh (the perfect rendition of Taylor our 18yr old)! She even props it on her shoulder like her!! We have even seen her take the phone from her ear and punch a button (like she is answer the other line and say "HELLO")
I cant say she has a "fav" dolly or anything because she is TOO BUSY paging the phone from the base! This child is intrigued by the phone! I dont care how many times we say NO, she manages to make her way to the phone base and hit the pager, it's hilarious because once it starts BEEPING she takes off!!
Bedtime books are becoming a favorite, it's hilarious as she tries to OUTREAD me, and PLEASE dont turn the page until the images are seered in her memory *although she sees these SAME pics nightly* it's a strong protest if you turn the pg too quickly!
Wow the "emotional meltdowns" are just as hilarious, first she points at the dog and says STOP, the poor schnauzer looks at us like "I swear I did not do that kid a thing", then she scrunches up her face and closes her eyes and carefully lies down and does this pretend pitiful cry. The poor dog is beside its self w/worry, while we are trying hard not to laugh at her. I usually can end it with ENOUGH ALREADY DRAMA QUEEN, she opens her eyes as if to say "oh well, it was a good performance, she gets up and runs to me and lays her head in my lap for sympathy! This child is a HOOT!!! (I think I got an ACTRESS in my future, maybe a telephone operator) or better yet a DOG TRAINER!!!
I've either been too busy to check or you've been busy posting! I'm somehow behind with your blog and that never happens!
Your baby girl is just precious! I love that you share the little things. I miss having a little one in the house.
The boys comment about Prom sounds typical. My 13 year old was the same way and now I can't keep him off of the phone. I can't tell you when the last boy called. Since when are girls allowed to call boys anyway? That was never allowed when I was that age!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. It's lonely for comments! Thanks for the compliments as well. The beach is Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs. It has a nice park on one side and the beach on the other.
Stephanie
PS The boys will definitely change their mind in a few years!! Those COOTIE girls will soon be CUTIE girls.....believe me...I raise 2 boys as well!!!!!!!!!!
Hi! The story about the boys definitely made me laugh! Being the only girl in the house growning up (raised by my dad and having an older brother), boys were cool to play with, but that was it- I didn't want to date them. Boy, did I change my mind when I got to high school! :)
Allie is so incredibly cute! I cannot help but smile when I see pictures of her. :)
Have a great day!
Smile :)
Isn't it wonderful to have a baby this age in the house? I am so enjoying this age so very much. So cute, so sweet and have to keep an eye on them ALL the time. Jonathan's favorite thing in his world is still my CELL PHONE! I can't even answer it or let him see it. I tried putting it in a sock and talking on it..but he new right away it was inside and continued to put his hand out for me to give it to him while fussing. :)
Hugs to sweet Allie for us!
Love and Hugs..
I so enjoy seeing pictures of your beautiful children!!! Allie TRULY is a gift from God. What precious memories you will have of her as you blog.
Thanks for inviting us in, to see a peek of your precious Allie.
Kim~
Awww, what a wonderful update! Allie and the boys are just growing up so fast. I love hearing about all of the exciting things they are doing; just too precious!
For Prayer Support:
www.asherandjacobsfriends.com
My two little miracle nephews:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/asherandjacob
PSS LOVE THE LADYBUG OUTFIT!!!!
I can not believe how GORGEOUS this little girl is!! I swear she gets more beautiful every day! I love all her little outfits TOO!!!
Hi Heather,
I have laughed and cried tonight as I read over your last couple of posts. I really do love to see your family and the faith that is so evident in all of you! God has blessed you and you are using it for His glory, pointing straight back to Him in everything you do! I am very glad to have found you and this blog, you are very special!
Love,
Kelley
Heather - those are truly wonderful photos of Allie ... she is always so smiley and happy - is she really like that or are you just a great picture taker!! I love all her facial expressions and I loved your writings - it gave us a look into her personality for sure - it is so wonderful to see all of your boys and Allie so happy! Thanks for sharing! Happy Mother's Day
Rebekah and Jaden
Isn't it amazing how fast they grow and learn new things - it's hard to keep up with it! Love that you do - My blog is my scrapbook and it's easy to forget things overnight! PRECIOUS as always!
Post a Comment