I never thought much about cancer or death . . . until our son, Jacob was diagnosed. In fact - I had never known a child who had died until we walked through those life-changing doors of the children's cancer ward. But living in the cancer world means that you face the death of a child almost monthly. And in the last 4 years - we have probably known over 50 precious children who have gone onto Heaven. 50 children . . . babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers, school age, teenagers . . . all amazing, inspiring, precious beyond words, yet they are all gone from this earth . . . leaving behind families that will never be the same.
I will never forget the 1st child I knew that passed away. He was only 2 years old . . . blond hair, big blue eyes and so very tiny and frail - but he had the most precious smile I had ever seen. His name was Chase and he had brain cancer. I will never forget the suffocating feeling when I was told that he had passed away. I thought it was impossible . . . children don't die! I cried so hard that my eyes and face were swollen for days. The harsh reality of cancer sunk into my heart and that is when fear and worry invaded my soul . . .
The world lost another precious life yesterday . . . our friend, Sierra. She had leukemia and was treated at the hospital with Jacob. Sierra was a ray of sunshine and she will be missed so very much. I know how hard this time is and I hope you will join me in praying for Sierra's family.

My heart hurts and I once again have that suffocating feeling. So many little friends are no longer with us because of cancer. Will you pray with me today for all the families who have lost their child to cancer? Pray that the promise of Heaven will bring them HOPE and God's love will bring them PEACE. Pray that a cure will be found . . .
Here are just a few of our very precious friends who have touched our hearts. They are all FREE . . . healed & healthy . . . safe in the arms of Jesus. Yet their absence hurts . . . and they are missed so very much.
.jpg)











25 comments:
Praying.
"Lord Jesus, I ask you to comfort Sierra's family & friends today. We know she is safe in Your arms and we have hope because one day, hopefully soon, we will all be with You too. Until that day, please comfort all of those who have lost little ones. Give them Your sweet peace...a peace that passeth all understanding. Bathe them in Your love today. In Jesus' name, Amen."
Yes, I will pray with you!! I just got done reading about the Coble Children who died one year ago today in a tragic car/truck accident. (their parents had a set of triplets on April 30!!) I don't really know how I would be able to cope with the loss of a child.....I can't even imagine. I continue to pray daily for all the children out there that are sick and for all other children to stay well!! I also continue to remember those children whose lives are no longer with us...Jacobs Caringbridge site was one of my firsts, so he holds a very special place in my heart.
Hope you have a nice week.
Rita
Heather,
How inspirational you are once again. You are always looking out for others and inspiring everyone else to do the same.
I will definitely pray with you for these families. Please check out this other site if you get a chance www.ethanpowell.com. They are doing some remarkable things by fighting against childhood cancer since their little e passed away.
Thank you again for being the wonderful example and great friend to us all.
In Him,
Kelly and Family
Sweet Heather~
YES...I will, and I am praying for you.
Oh sweet friend....I cannot understand the depth of your pain, and sorrow as I've not experienced one of my children suffering from cancer.
But, I do know that our precious Savior...LOVES you....and he will carry your heavy heart.
Cancer does a lot of things....
but.....cancer Can’t do the following:
Cancer is so limited
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot erode faith
It cannot eat away peace
It cannot destroy confidence
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot shut out memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot reduce eternal life
It cannot quench the spirit
It cannot lesson the power of the resurrection
Praying that God''s grace sustains you!!
Kim~
Heather ~
Praying with you for these precious children and their families. I was fortunate to meet Sierra ~ and she sure left a lasting impression on my heart. I'm truly at a loss ~ but I know she is healed in Heaven and FREE!
Much Love,
Natalie
My heart goes out to these precious children and their families!! These children are true heroes!! I pray there is a cure for this horrible disease very soon!!
Robyn
Crying out in prayer...
Heather,
Praying along with you.....
Heather
I will certainly join you in prayer for these children and their families. Like you it takes my breadth away.
My father died 3 years ago today from cancer and he loved children so much; he was a great grandpa. If it is any comfort at all I am sure he is holding Jacob in his arms and playing with all his friends.
My heart truly hurts for all the families that have suffered the horrible loss of a precious child, my prayers are with all of you!
Heather, I really hurt for you, I can only imagine how painful this must be reliving the death of a child, when you have lost your own. You and your family are always in my prayers. I live with Jacob in my heart, he touched my life forever!
I pray with you and for you Always,
Audra
Praying for your family, and all families affected by childhood cancer. I recognize some of those children from CB sites. I have shed many tears over these children who I have never met.
Hope you are able to find comfort in your family.
Consider it already done from here Heather! What earth has lost..heaven has surely gained. Although their absence pains us greatly....they are now "whole" and "sickness free". As scripture describes it. "The day you die; is better than the day you are born" We can only imagine!
Love and Hugs..
On my knees praying with you and for you.
What precious little faces. It is absolutely heart wrenching to think of all that they went through and the loss that their family now faces. I know you know it first hand and many of us never will. We will pray alongside you and ask God for hope, peace, and strength. Thanks for sharing your heart.
Praying with you daily for the families, for the children, for a cure, for peace. A special prayer tonight for Sierra's family.
Christina
Even one, is one too many!
Connie
I absolutely will pray... today, tomorrow and every day. Nobody should have to lose a child.
God Bles those perfect souls and the families they leave behind.
As I bow my head in prayer, I lift my heart in praise. Praise for the GIFT OF THESE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN, Hope that one day a cure is found and FAITH that REUNITING w/these beautiful angels is even more beautiful than the day when your eyes first met w/each of these angels. The saddest thing is the list is becoming way too long. WE HAVE GOT TO FIND A CURE!
I will be praying for Sierra's family along with all of the other families that have lost a child. I recognize so many of the angel faces that you posted. The loss for us is such a sad one but they have gained so much. Our turn will come sooner than we know. The missing is just so hard.
My heart hurts for all the children and their families. Always praying for them and a CURE.
What precious sweet faces ... joining you in prayer!
Hey Heather,
I can't believe I missed this post!! Where was I?
Yes, my heart breaks over and over to think of all those precious children, really I don't understand...
Thank GOD for the HOPE we have and they will all be reunited with thier families again.
Oh what a day that will be...
Meanwhile I continue to cry out for you Heather and all the mothers that are forever missing thier precious children.
LOVE YOU♥
Heather,
I know you still hurt. I know that will always be a part of living without Jacob here on this earth. I don't understand how to come to grips with losing these precious little souls. Your faith is incredibly strong and I have learned a lot from your site. I may not know the answer as to why children have to suffer but one thing I do feel sure of is that we will see those precious souls again. But when we see them that nasty cancer will no longer be a part of them. They will be FREE of that pain and they will be waiting with their arms open wide.
"There's a better place, where our Father waits
And every tear He'll wipe away
The darkness will be gone,the weak shall be strong
Hold on to your faith
There will come a day
Wars are raging, lives are scattered
Innocence is lost, and hopes are shattered
The old are forgotten, the children are forsaken
In this world we're living in
Is there anything sacred?
The song will ring out, down those golden streets
The voices of earth with the angels will sing
Every knee will bow, sin will have no trace
In the glory of His amazing grace"
{{{HUGS}}}
Jennifer
Praying for the cure always. I've known about childhood cancer since I was 5 when we lost my 3 year old cousin and then again when I was 16, I lost my nephew. That's been 43 years ago and I know that so much more could have been done to help fund childhood cancer research. Our goverment could have done so much more and still could... There are some children who are helped, but not enough. I think any child lost to cancer is to many.
Carmen
Post a Comment