Sunday, June 29, 2008

An Early Blessing

Hello friends,

We had a fantastic weekend at the beach and I have tons of pictures to share - but more importantly I have some very exciting news . . .

I have a new nephew!!!

Yes, Rhonda and Steve had their beautiful baby boy - JOSEPH THOMAS! He was about 6 weeks early - but is perfect in every way!

Saturday afternoon my brother called us at the beach to tell us they were at the hospital - because Rhonda was having contractions. The doctors tried to stop her labor - but they weren't able to . . . so my brother called us back to let us know that the baby was coming and would be delivered within the hour! We were completely shocked as Rhonda seemed fine when we left . . . Do you know how upset I was that we weren't there??! Of course it had to happen when we were out of town for the weekend! :)

Needless to say, we headed straight for the hospital on our way home today and were so excited to see little Joseph! He is in the NICU because he was premature - but is expected to be able to go home in about a week. And he is absolutely adorable!! We are so relieved and thankful that both Rhonda and the baby are doing well! Here he is - so tiny, yet just so perfect!




I'm sure I'll have many more pictures to share in the next couple of weeks! Oh, how thankful we are for this very unexpected blessing.

I'll be back soon with an update on Baby Joseph and lots of pictures from the beach. :)

Ending with a scripture . . .

"At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father."
Ephesians 5: 20

Giving thanks for this beautiful gift,
Aunt

41 comments:

Sue said...

I am so happy for you and for your entire family. What a sweet blessing Aunt Heather. Now you have another little boy to spoil!

Leeann said...

Congratulations, Auntie, on your beautiful new nephew!

I know it is rough on them to have him in the NICU but I am glad he is here and healthy and will be going home soon.

God is good!

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Amy S. said...

Congratulations to Rhonda and Steve!
Happy "Birth" day baby Joseph! You sure will be loved by many!
Can't wait to see pictures!

Love and Hugs.....

Christina said...

Congratulations on your beautiful nephew Heather! babies sure have a way of entering the world on "their" time! So glad everyone is ok! Am praying for a short NICU stay for Joseph and can't wait to see more pictures! Love the new pictures of the boys and Allie! Congrats again!
Love,
Christina

Young Creations said...

OH Heather, I am so excited about Joseph. How exciting. God bless you, your family and your sweet little nephew!!!

valerie said...

Awwww, little Joseph is so precious.
I'm so thankful baby and mom are both doing well.
I'll keep him in my prayers.
Can't wait to see pictures.
Valerie

Reba said...

Congratulations! My niece came early not too long ago, and she is doing very well...just tiny. It is so hard to not be there when it happens. I look forward to beach pictures!
Reba

Anonymous said...

Glad Joseph should be going home soon. Congrats!
Praying right now!
Psalms 32:6-7 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Mom Of 3 said...

Aww Congrats! He is a cutie. Keep us posted on his progress.

Natalie Willis said...

Welcome to the world little one! We are all happy you are here! What a cutie! Congrats to everybody!
Love,
Natalie
www.believeinmandy.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

He is beautiful. What a wonderful gift from God!

Allison said...

OMG!!! How exciting is this. I am thankful that he is ok and everything went great. I can't wait to see more pictures of him. I am sorry that you could not have been there. Isn't it amazing that in spite of tragedy and sorry that life will and does gone on and something so wonderful as this can can come from it. Congratulations on your new nephew he will fit right in with your family.

Allison

Dell5 said...

Congratulations!!!!! Joseph is beautiful! I bet the boys are excited to play with him and show him lots of cool things. Have a great day "Auntie Heather"!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/hayden

Tim said...

Heather,
I'm sooo happy for your family! Another little boy to add to the mix:O) A precious gift from God. Congratulations.
Tracie

Tessa said...

He is precious! Congrats to everyone! Welcome to the world Baby Joseph!

Our Family of 5 said...

How Precious! Congratulations to Mom and Dad and of course to the proud aunt!

Acutescrubnurse said...

Congrats on your early arrival!! How exciting to have another baby in your family. The babies in our family have stopped, so now I'm waiting on Great Nieces or Nephews!! Not any time too soon though.
Enjoy the new bundle!!
Rita

Kristine said...

what a beautiful baby boy. Maybe it is just the picture but he looks "big" for a premie. What were his stats?

Can't wait to see more pictures and pictures from your time at the beach.

I have been able to post in the guestbook as often as I want to, those lazy days of summer aren't so lazy! LOL Life has me busy, but I always check in on you and your beauitful family.

Kristine (Minnesota)

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the newest member of yoru family! Sounds like he will be the one in the family to give you loads of excitement!!

I LOVE the new picture of Brandon with the frog in your sidebar!

Have you seen Angel's new post dedicated to a special little guy?

Audra said...

Wow!!!! Congratulations Aunt Heather and Uncle Donnie on your beautiful blessing from above. Tell the Proud parents we are thinking of them too and Congrats on their Perfect Gift.
Much Love,
Audra

Jennifer said...

How exciting! I bet you were in shock when you got the call--wow! But as said above, babies arrive on their own time :) Looking forward to seeing pics of your trip.

Melanie said...

Congratulations, Aunt Heather! What a blessing for your family.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Carmen said...

Heather,
I'm so happy for your family. He's a beautiful baby and named after Jacob. How sweet of them to give him Jacob's middle name.
Carmen

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your new nephew! I had a feeling that he woul come while you were away. He just precious!

Elinor Schwartz said...

Congratulations to all of you, and most of all, good health for the baby and Rhonda.

Lakeville Vertical said...

Was not expecting this bit of news either. Congrats to you all and this little blessing. I can't wait to hear more about him and see more pics. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! He is so adorable and I LOVE the name. New babies are so fun. I'm so happy for all of you.

Jami said...

Hey Heather!

Thanks for the comment on my blog the other day. Your family is just precious.

Congrats on the new nephew!

Jami

Kyle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so awesome! Please let Rhonda and Steve and all the boys know that they are in my prayers. So happy for a healthy mom and baby, you can't ask for anything more than that! Congratulations again, I can't wait to see all the pictures :)

Kelley said...

Congratulations HEather,
THat is a gorgeous baby boy!! He looks very healthy and sounds like a determined little guy. He wanted to be born and nobody was stopping him. I love it!! I'll check back soon, I can't wait to see and hear more!

Love,
Kelley

Amanda said...

Aww so sweet! Congratulations to you and your family. He is just so sweet. How happy you all must be. I can't wait to see more pictures!!

Liz from Maryland said...

Hi Aunt Heather: What wonderful news. CONGRATULATIONS! So glad that Baby Joseph has arrived and is healthy. Know that you are just itching to get your hands on him. Take care.
Sending love and hugs,
Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.

Becca said...

Congratulations!!! I am so glad that your nephew is here and HEALTHY!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Laura said...

Congratulations to your entire family on such an incredible blessing!

Smile :)

S said...

CONGRATULATIONS Heather (and Rhonda) !! He looks so healthy for 32 weeks. We'll be praying for everything to go smoothly so you can all have him home and in your arms quickly. He's adorable! What a crew you all have! Too fun :D

Kelly said...

Awww..he's beautiful! SO exciting and so happy for you and your entire family. Congratulations!

Jodee said...

Congratulations! He is just adorable!

Maureen said...

Heather,
Congratulations to you and your family. I am praying for a speedy homecoming for little Joseph. Thanks for sharing the pictures, can't wait to see more.

Love,
Maureen Cadle

Anissa Mayhew said...

I guess some blessings just can't be held back!! Praises for Rhonda and Joseph's safety through an early delivery. Give her my live and tell her they did great work, that's a beautiful boy.

Love
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org
www.onevoiceproject.ning.com

Faithful Froggers said...

Kristine,

Joseph weighed 6lbs, 1oz - so he was pretty good size! But Rhonda had gestational diabetes and they were concerned that he would be a big baby! The doctor said that if he had gone full term he could have easily been over 9 pounds! Needless to say, Rhonda was glad he came a little early. :)

Sarah,

Joseph was born at 34 (almost 35) weeks - not 32! He is doing well - some breathing complications at birth and needed the c-pap. But that came off this morning and he is breathing well on his own! Now he just needs to learn to eat so he can come home! :)

Thanks for all the prayers and comments! We are all so excited about this little one. Needless to say, Steve & Rhonda are over the moon . . . so happy & in love with their little guy.

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Welcome little Joey!!