Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Fun

Hello friends,

I have really struggled so far this summer with finding time to blog! I am always writing updates "in my head" yet can never find the time to actually write them and post them. With the boys home for the summer and keeping up with baseball - I hardly have time to shower and am definitely finding it hard to have time to get on the computer and write! :P We are just too busy! Maybe one day I'll have more quiet time to post - but for now I will enjoy the busyness & chaos that is my life! :)

How do you find time to blog? Please share your secrets!

So for now - all I have time for is pictures! :) My mom and I took all the kids to the pool while Rhonda went to the doctor. (Baby & Mom are doing great! We can't wait to hold this new little one - about 6 more weeks to go!)

Tyler & Devin
Grandmom & Allie

All the boys!
Can you believe another BOY will be added to the crew soon? We are definitely working on having our very own baseball team!
We can't wait!
Kyle & Allie
It is great having the boys home. They are so much help with Allie!
I am just loving this age difference. :)
Allie just loves her brothers and it has been such a great experience for me to watch their relationship grow. She definitely brings out the best in all my guys and she loves them so much.
And we all just love her to pieces! She has touched our lives in such a wonderful way. . . bringing love and sunshine to our days. What a blessing she is!
And what's better than your very 1st nightgown?
Princesses, nightgowns, hairbows and painted toes.
All new territory for me - but oh, so much fun!



And here is a video of random fun! Make sure you have the volume turned up - so you can hear the giggles. Oh, that laughter is music to my ears. Can't you see how this little one is just a bright shining light in our life? No matter how dark the day might seem - Allie always fills our hearts with so much JOY!




We leave this evening for Devin's tournament as soon as Donnie gets home from work. We are looking forward to a weekend full of baseball, swimming & family time. Hopefully we will be back Sunday night.

Ending with a scripture. . .

“O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.”
Psalm 139:1

How comforting that God knows everything about us . . . and loves us despite our flaws and imperfections. I am so grateful . . .


26 comments:

Robyn said...

What great pics!!

Robyn

Rachel said...

Cute pictures as always. Your kids look so loved...you can just see it bursting in them!

How do I find time to blog...
My kids go to bed fairly early since they still have to get up even though it is summer. The boys are still at the Learning Center by 7:30ish so they go down around now...8:30. The girls are still getting up as well and heading to my moms (unless they stay with nana, like tonight) so they go down around 9:00 with a short video (they love the Beverly Hillbillies dvds and Little House). So I do my nightly load of laundry (sometimes two during soccer season especially) quickly clean up the kitchen and then blog while my clothes dry. OR, like many nights, I lay in bed consumed with thoughts of the next day, thoughts of the past, thoughts of the future and instead of laying there listening to John snore...I blog. That is typically when I get to see all my sweet friends' (like yourself, of course) posts for the day.

You do an amazing job with your blog and a get a blessing every time I stop by!

Stephanie said...

Heather- I've been struggling with finding time for anything this summer. Having four munchkins at home keeps you busy. I love it though! I love the pictures of the kids at the pool. How precious! I know that you are looking forward to holding that new nephew. I love babies too!

Laura said...

Hi! Good luck at the baseball tournament, Devin! I hope the remainder of the week and the upcoming weekend are fantastic for everyone!

Smile :)

Anonymous said...

Summertime fun! My trick to blogging is spending some time getting my pics ready and then fitting in time to write a couple of posts ahead of time. With typepad (I'm sure yours does too) I can set the posts to publish whenever I need them to. I've found that doing everything one week at a time works best for me. Now, I just wish I could get my dinners to work that easily! Have a great summer and don't worry too much about the blog. We'll all be here still.

Jodee said...

Cute water pictures. It sounds like you are keeping very busy this summer!

I usually blog after the kids go to bed at night. There really is no other time! I also try to keep my posts short and sweet, if possible.

Ann said...

Heather --

I too am a mother of four children, I work full time outside the house and about the only time I find to blog is late at night after the kids are all in bed. Sometimes, I'll be blogging at 1am. I've just learned to function on very little sleep.

A faithful follower
Ann
www.jack-schrooten.blogspot.com

Reba said...

Hmmm, how do I find time to blog...have you ever looked at the time of my entries? Most are right before midnight. :) I stay up way too late. Every now and then I will get one done while the kids nap but then I stay up late doing the things I didn't get done during that time. :) I love all of the pictures. I smile about Allie being a bright spot...I am right there with you. Joshua has just been this ray of sunshine (even though right now he uses up every last bit of energy I have in my body to keep up with :) in our household...it is hard to explain sometimes. I hope you have a great weekend with baseball. We are headed to the Gulf (Gulf Shores) for the week!
Reba

Bobbi said...

Oh, her giggles are contagious. They can really brighen a day.

What great pictures. All those boys are going to make quite the team. Glad all is well with Mom and baby.

I love the age difference too. THe extra set of hands is great--and helpful. Sometimes, too helpful......

How do I find time to blog?? It's 11:15.........who need sleep??!??!

You're busted: the video Allie looks for Mom and Daddy says she is in the shower!! See, you do get clean.

Hope the tournament goes well andyou have lots of fun.

Maggie - Mom of Six said...

I blog when we are watching something on tv that I have seen 500 times. Usually in the heat of the afternoon or very first thing in the morning before the kids get up.

We are still baseballing here so time is short as well.

Anonymous said...

I don't blog...too busy signing other peoples' blogs and guestbooks! :o)
Find comfort in the Word! Praying!
Joshua 1:8-9: This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Lakeville Vertical said...

I too am having a hard time blogging now that the kids are home for summer break. It's 2 am and that is when I am getting computer time. Don't recommend that to everyone. I just happen to have a little insomnia. Anyways, it looks like you are having a great start to your summer and Allie's laughter is so beautiful. I am so thankful that you have another little one to share your love with. She is adorable!

Susan said...

Oh how precious! Loved hearing Allie laugh!!

I remember those precious days Heather, keep enjoying everyone.

As far as blogging, I guess you could blog late, late a night. (when you are totally EXHAUSTED!!)

Or very early in the morning, before Allie is up.

I love watching Devin with Allie, how precious.

Hope you have a great weekend♥

Leeann said...

Absolutely wonderful...the pictures, the video, the happiness. Love it all.

Finding time to blog...sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. Often it comes in waves and then quiets down for a while.

Take breaks when you need them. We'll all be here for you when you get back!

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Becca said...

OMG - Tyler looks so big and grown up! I can't believe how fast they grow. And Allie and your mother are both adorable. Another boy?? I had to go back and reread - I thoguht you were pregnant, I almost fell out of my chair! I'll pay more attention to details next time. Glad to see you're enjoying your summer!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Aimee said...

I know a family with one boy grandchild and six girls and one more on the way, maybe you all could pair off!
Love the Allie giggles and the relationship she has with "her boys". Thanks for keeping us updated!

Young Creations said...

Hello Heather,
It sure is raining men in your family. How exciting. And Baby Girl is precious. I know you are enjoying every single minute! Thanks for stopping by and wishing me encouragement with my weight lose. I really appreciate it. I am feeling so much better.
Have a great weekend.
Lauren

Carmen said...

Heather ,
We loved Allie's video, she has the sweetest laugh. Gracie loved the boys at the water park, she ask if they are at Kings Island, lol.

Anonymous said...

Love the video - I use the filp camera as well. I notice that when we load the video to www.vimeo.com
it does not distort the video as much as one true media.

Just a tip...

God Bless

Jennifer said...

Hi Heather!
Oh my!!! Allie is so darn cute! Love the nightie! M had one very similar and she wore it until it looked more like 3/4 sleeved shirt than a long sleeved nightie!

As you read on Christina's blog, we met up while I was in California. You and I will have to have a similar get together SOON because I need to hold that baby girl before she gets too big to hold!!! Your kids are so absolutely perfect!

Have a great weekend and tell Devin I said "GOOOOO DEVIN!!!"

valerie said...

Fun summer days! Such cute kids
& such happy kids.
I love hearing Allie laugh.
Looking forward to more fun picures throughout the summer.
Love,
Valerie

Tonya said...

Heather,

I've been catching up on the posts that I'd been missing. It looks like you guys have been BUSY! =-)

As always, I'm bursting at the seams to comment on your pictures. They are simply ADORABLE! The boys are growing so quickly, and your little Allie is just AMAZING! (I LOVED the videos you've posted) Oh, and you know, I've never noticed until now how much Jacob looks like his Daddy? I mean, it's UNBELIEVABLE!

You mentioned that you were having a hard time finding time to post.. I'm RIGHT WITH YOU! It had been almost 2 weeks since my last. (I FINALLY got back on track yesterday but it took me FOREVER to get all the pictures loaded and everything ready to post) I was thinking summer would allow some time to slow down but I'm beginning to wonder if we're not busier now. HA!! (When our garden starts "coming in" we'll REALLY be pressed for time!) =-)

Okay, I didn't mean to talk your ears off. I hope you all continue to have LOTS of FUN this summer.

LOVE YOU!

Natalie said...

Heather ~

I just love the expressions on Allie's face with the boys!! She is just precious!

LOVE the nightgown picture ~ that NEVER gets old!!

Love,
Natalie

Anissa Mayhew said...

I've figured out that if I rub my face on the screen while Allie giggles, It makes my wrinkles go away!

However, it does leave this weird scaly funk on the screen! hahahaha

I leave a post it note by the computer all day and when something strikes me as a "thing" I want to remember to share, I jot it on the post-it. I will often forget when I sit down at night to pull it all together and that helps me. Plus, I don't have a hubby at home right now to spend the evening with, so I seem to have plenty of blog time. Boooo hooo for me.

When is Rhonda's baby due?? I'll bet there is so much excitement in the air!

Stay busy, enjoy your family, don't miss out on those moments so you can tell us about it.

Love love love and frog
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

Mom Of 3 said...

WOW Have I missed reading your blog and looking at your great pictures. I am glad to be back into the blogger world. Your summer looks like it has been fun. I am glad you are all doing well.
Blogging time for me is after I put the kids to bed at night.

Dena said...

Cute cute cute!