
Hello friends,
Believe it or not, I am having a moment of complete silence in my house. In fact, the only sound I hear is the tapping of the keyboard as I type. The boys went to the movies with Grandmom, Allie is napping, the TV is off. I did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned up the house and vacuumed. The silence was golden for about an hour . . . but now I find myself anxious for the chaos to return to my home. :) But it is giving me a chance to do a Favorite Foto Friday post!
The theme this week is . . . FRIENDS.
"The only way to have a friend is to be one."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
The boys have all been blessed with very special friendships and our house is usually full of boys everyday. However, at this age - friendships come easy. They swim, play outside, build with Legos, play video games, wrestle, & play baseball. When I watch them play - they are loud and a bit rowdy, but they are innocent.
I admit that I do worry about the friends they will choose as they get older. I pray everyday that they choose their friends wisely and won't be influenced by peer pressure. But the closer they get to the teenage years - the harder that will be. So for now - I will savor the innocense of their friendships . . .
"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."
Winnie the Pooh
This is Kyle with his friend, Steven. They have been friends since kindergarten!
And Kyle with Josh.
Technically, Josh is Kyle's "step-uncle" but he is more like a big brother!
Technically, Josh is Kyle's "step-uncle" but he is more like a big brother!

Brandon with 2 of his best friends, Hunter & Jake.
"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can fly only by embracing each other."
-lucian de crescenzo
-lucian de crescenzo
Devin with his best friends from 2nd grade!
Devin with Tyler
Hanging out with a group of friends is always

And here is Allie with some neighborhood friends.
Allie with her buddy, David.
(He is the 1st baby in the picture above!)
David just moved - so we are a little sad about that!
And you know what is really neat?
When friends become FAMILY!
"Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families stick together in all kinds of trouble."
Proverbs 17:17
The Message
But in looking over all the pictures of the kids with their friends, I realize that the best friends of all are your FAMILY. The boys BESTEST FRIENDS are each other . . their BROTHERS.
"All for one and one for all,
My brother and my friend.
What fun we have, The time we share,
Brothers 'til the end."
~Author Unknown

And of course, Allie's best friends in the world are her "Bubbas."
And my best friend?
Without a doubt, my best friend is also my love!
"A friend is one who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love and encourages you with hope."
~Author Unknown
To see more Favorite Foto Friday posts or link your own post, please visit Kiss the Frog 4 Me. Have a great weekend, my friends! ;)
Ending with a scripture . . .
"A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure."
Sirach 6:14
Thankful for the treasures in our lives,



23 comments:
Even your kids friends are CUTE!!!
i LOVE IT!
My girls are also each other's best friends. I hope that continues as they grow up.
I love that your dear friend is now your family. That story has warmed my heart.
This was a beautiful post Heather! I love the photo of the 2 boys with their backs turned (was it Brandon and a friend?) Such sweet innocence! s I scrolled down reading the blog, I had to stop to see Jacob. I know I have told you this before, but he really does take my breath away. Even after I have looked at that sweet face so very many times - he just still takes my breath away.
Have a wonderful weekend my friend!Jennifer
Your family is blessed abundantly with friendships and love... I have no doubt that the people that are in your lives love you deeply and greatly as you do them!!
What sweet sweet pictures!
Love and FROGging from your friend in KY!!
what wonderful pictures! What love the Savior has for us to bless us with such a wonderful union as friends!
Awww! Such sweet pics. Thanks for sharing :O)
Your daughter will always have boys to protect her..Thats a good thing when she's a teen! LOL
Goodlooking boys you have!
Love your post and all your pictures, I have to laugh when I see Allie with all the boys, do you think they will ever let her date. Thanks for sharing your beautiful family. Enjoy the moments!
Isn't it funny how when there's so much noise in the house all you want is quiet....and you finally get the quiet and find that you miss the noise!
Trust the Lord and His Will. Know that I'm praying!
Psalms 5:11-12 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
Prayer Bears
On a day when I need all the smiles and loving faith I can get, you are always the place I can turn. You inspire me to search deep for the strength to get through the dark.
Thank you for letting your smiles give me one when the tears are at the surface.
You are an amazing friend.
--Anissa@Hope4Peyton
Hi! As always the pictures are wonderful and this post couldn't have come at a better time! My best friend and I have been best friends since we were 18 months old! Of course, we don't have the recollection of that at such a young age, but our parents do! Also, today happens to be her 27th birthday! :) Unfortunately, I'm unable to be with her on her birthday this year, but she did receive the traditional midnight phone call, because we have to be the first ones to wish each other, "happy birthday!" I'll be getting my midnight phone call from her next month! :)
Have a terrific weekend!
Smile :)
What a beautiful post!! Looks like you all have some very special people in your lives!!
Robyn
Beautiful pictures and post! I sure don't know what I would do without my friends!
Blessings,
Darlene
That is the sweetest, most perfect post about friends!!!
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR BLOG. IT IS MY DAILY UPLIFTING MESSAGE WHEN LIFE LIKES TO TUG YOU DOWN A BIT. MY MIDDLE CHILD HAS AUTISM AS WELL AND THE REST OF OUR FAMILY STRUGGLES WITH HER EACH DAY. ASPERGERS WAS MENTIONED ON BEHALF OF OUR OLDEST BUT HE ONLY MET 2 OF 10 MARKERS. WE ARE BLESSED DAILY BY THESE GIFTS HE HAS ENTRUSTED IN US. I THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOU CONSTANT REMINDER TO US ALL THAT THIS MOMENT MO MATTER HOW BAD SHALL PASS AND IT'S JUST ANOTHER TEACHING MOMENT FROM GOD.
What a sweet and true post. This is my first time to your blog and I love the way you honor your son, Jacob. Thank you for sharing.
What a special post!
I have an award for you on my site. Stop over when you get the chance.
Blessings,
Darlene
Beautiful pictures!
Every time I read one of your posts, I think, "Wow, I love her quotes--I'm gonna do that on my blog." And then I forget. :)
I enjoyed reading your friends post. You are so blessed to have soooo many friends!
What is more special than friends! Heather having never met your family "personally" I have come to love your family and your wonderful post about friends! If it had never been for JACOB and this WONDERFUL BLOG I would have never met Nancy (she is so sweet)!This post is precious, wonderful and inspiring all roll into one!! Thanks for reminding us ALL how precious and wonderful FRIENDS can really be
This is a great post. I can't wait to see what type of friends my kids make. Right now my youngest really doesn't have friends other than preschool buddies. My oldest is pretty set upon his cousin being his best buddy and that's nice because not only is he our family but he's a good kid too. I'm sure he'll make other friends as he gets older.
Heather, I have followed your blog for a couple of years now. This is the first time I have left a message because I would just drop by and marvel in your strength and positive posts-even through your hard days...You stopped by my site and left a comment through Sarah's FFF post last week. Funny how the Lord brings people together. You all are so lucky to have your sweet little Allie. Girls are an amazing gift and boys are a real treat! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment