Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ocean Memories

“Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.”
--Anonymous


Have I mentioned how much Allie loves playing with her brothers?
She must do just as they do!
My sweet girl is definitely slimming down . . .
losing that squishy baby fat and turning into such an active toddler!


Kyle
I just love this picture . . .
Here she is again . . . hanging with her brothers.
They are the cool ones! :)

Devin
Allie sat with Kyle for a long time - watching him dig in the sand.
Definitely melts his heart . . . mine, too!

Pool Time!
Allie is a fish! She loves the water and gets so excited when it's time to swim. She has no fear - and will already put her face in the water - by herself! I love these pictures of her in the pool . . . you can just see how happy she is to be in the water.


Kyle







We tried hard get a good picture of all 4 kids on the beach . . . didn't quite happen! But I will share that story & those pictures tomorrow. :)

Good news . . . Rhonda is home from the hospital! Baby Joey is still in the NICU, but is doing well. They are hoping he will get to come home Monday or Tuesday of next week. My mom is at the hospital with Rhonda right now to see the baby, so hopefully I will have new pictures to share soon. You know those Grandma's take lots of pictures! :)

Ending with a scripture . . .

"Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered— how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.”
Psalm 39:4-5

WOW! What a reminder that life is indeed short! We have to celebrate each moment . . . thanking God for the time that we have with our loved ones. But my favorite line of the scripture is . . ."My entire lifetime is just a moment to you." My life gets so overwhelming at times trying to keep up with the housework, the laundry, the moments of grief, and 4 active kids who all need my help and attention. But when I take the focus off of ME and what I have to do and place it on HIM - then my days seem a little more carefree and peaceful. Life isn't about doing laundry . . . it's all about the LOVE. It's about the realization that I am just a moment to HIM. I don't want to waste my moment worrying about the laundry. :)

Just a moment away,

21 comments:

Jenelle said...

So true! Life gets so much calmer when we're with Him.

Lovin' the beach picture! It looks like you had tons of fun. Allie is a doll. I took my son swimming for the first time the other day--it did not go over well! We'll keep working on it though.

Congrats on the new nephew! What a sweet surprise!

Tim said...

Hi Heather,
Thanks for taking a minute to leave me another sweet message :O) Your boys are always welcome at our home and would fit in beautifully with our busy boys.... whenever you get the urge to drive a couple hours north!! The next time we head to Downtown Disney I'll drop you a line and maybe our boys could meet up for some serious playing :O) Love the beach pictures. Your sweet little ones are really stretching out! Have a wonderful 4th with your gang.

Tracie
p.s. - I love the scripture that you posted today from Psalms. I needed that. It puts things (worries, fears, etc.) all into perspective. Thanks for sharing it!

amy and kids said...

You have the most beautiful family! What wonderful news to hear that Joey is doing well and going to be able to come home soon!

Our Family of 5 said...

Oh My Gravy you have some photogenic kiddos!! Love Allie's Strawberry suit!

Tessa said...

Looks like you had so much fun! It was neat to see you in the pictures playing with Allie in the pool ... you are usually behind the camera! It also looks like you were all alone on the beach! Must be so peaceful there ...

Anonymous said...

Heather,
You have the best attitude! I have to say, I'm not very religious (I believe, but don't go to church) and you have done so much to renew my faith. Thanks.
Those kids are gorgeous. Have I told you that before? hee
I can't believe how quickly Allie is growing up. Stop putting the miracle grow in her milk please?
I totally agree with you on the laundry. I'm generally behind, but my kids are loved. I'd rather spend the time with them while they'll still have me!

Bobbi said...

Water and brothers, what more could a girl want?? You are right, she is changing so much. I just love her hair!!!!

Glad that Rhonda and the baby are doing well. Hoping he sticks to THIS plan and comes home soon.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Heather~
What a GREAT update! I SO love to see pictures of your sweet family.

That sweet little Allie...I just wanna smooch her!!!

Have an amazing 4th of July.

Kim~exdyy

Tammy said...

beautiful pictures. You are right, Allie IS slimming up. It's because she has those brothers to chase after and keep her so busy. She is so adorable. I look forward to more pics of baby Joey. Angel also did a beautiful tribute to jacob.

While I am here I would like for ask all who read this to stop at this moment and breathe a short prayer.

I know you guys are praying folks and I am asking you to pray for my little CF(cystic fibrosis) buddy. Here is his story: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/anthonyv
He is- at this moment 10 PM CST--undergoing a double lung transplant due to CF. He is 12 yrs old. I was one of his teachers and have known him since he was 5 yrs old. I promisd him that everyone I knew would be praying for him.
Tammy

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/anthonyv

Natalie Willis said...

I swear that little girl of yours is just too cute for words! I could just eat her up with a spoon! Glad to see everyone enjoying summer so much!
Love to all!
Natalie
www.believeinmandy.blogspot.com

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

Your kids are beautiful and look like they really love the beach.

Anonymous said...

This whole psalm is so good for all who are overwhelmed. Continuing to pray!
Psalms 102:1-2 ((A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and poureth out his complaint before the LORD.)) Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee. Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

Lakeville Vertical said...

Love the beach shots. I so wish I lived near a beach but Minnesota has lots of lakes. Not the same I know.
Allie gets cuter everyday! What a cute little suit she had on.
Thanks for sharing the verses tonight. They are much needed after a day like today. Blessings to your family. :)

Allison said...

I want to be in your family - it seems yall have the best vacations and lots of them. I just love the pictures of Allie with her "bubbas" so sweet. Thanks for always sharing them with us.

Rachel said...

Those photo's are just precious Heather!
You can see the love pouring out in these pictures. Thanks for sharing them...

Jennifer said...

Hi Heather!
The kids are so beautiful and look so happy. My favorite pics are the ones of Allie sitting on Kyle's lap.
If you get a chance, visit my blog and say a prayer for my sweet K. It's been a rough couple of days for her (and us)!
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Heather-thanks for the sweet comment! I've left several comments before both here & caringbridge..but have never really introduced myself. Your blog is simply AMAZING! And your family is just...beautiful! I'm so drawn to your words and you'll never realize what I walk away with. I, too, a birthmother, realize the importance of chosing a family for a child is the utmost important thing and especially a family that loves CHRIST as I do. Your sweet pictures of ALLIE and seeing how happy & loved she is just melts my heart and reassures me that my daughter must be feeling the same. Thank you for allowing me to leave this long comment. And oh yeah...I thought this was neat...Enterprise is a BIG part of our family too :)

Take care and have a great 4th!! Looking for forward to more sweet pics!!

MLP said...

ADORABLE in every way! Such a great post...thanks for always making my day!

Anonymous said...

Heather, love all th beach pictures and you with Allie in the pool, that was a treat, since you are usually behind the camera! I was going to tell you my 20 mos old grandson (tomorrow) swims with arm floaties and just loves the freedom to float around on his own! I bet Allie would really enjoy them also, you can get them at walmart cheap, we have the kind that is covered in like spandex material, they seem to last forever, my 6 yr old learned to swim at age 2.5 with them, she thinks she's a mermaid now, lol! Hugs from Fort Worth!

Tracy said...

I love those pictures of Allie and all the boys, but especially the last one, too cute!

Reba said...

I love the pictures, especially of Allie in the pool. When she is sitting on the "rock" area...wow...beautiful! I also enjoyed seeing YOU in the pictures. We moms don't get to do that often. :)
Reba