Friday, August 22, 2008

The Catch-Up Post

Hello friends,

It seems like forever since I have posted recent pictures! So this is a mega picture post and update - so bear with me as I catch you up on what we have been doing the past month!

I have gotten really behind on blogging - because I have been taking a break from the computer! Just as my boys need limits on their video games - sometimes I need limits on my computer time. :) It is amazing how refreshed and better I feel when I take a break from blogging and e-mails. It has given me more time to read books, exercise and keep my house clean. I just don't like to find myself sitting at the computer during all my free time! Of course, this means I am really behind on e-mails and blogging - but I promise to catch up and respond soon.

Our family really enjoyed the last weeks of summer and we were all so sad to see our vacation come to an end! We had so much fun together and there is nothing in this world I enjoy more than spending time with my family.

We spent a couple of days at the beach . . .

I love how all of my kids are so comfortable at the beach.
We all just love it there!





They caught this little crab and Allie was completely fascinated with it.














Donnie & I also enjoyed a night out together for our anniversary!
We had so much FUN! It is a rare treat when it is just the two of us - but we thoroughly enjoy ourselves when it is. :)

We also spent a couple of days at theme parks . . .






Allie was sooooo excited to meet Dora!
Priceless moment!
Allie after getting splashed on a ride! She actually loved it!




We went fishing one day . . .




And to the museum . . .





And to the waterpark . . .

The boys are actually in line here!


Allie kept running over and kissing the frog!

And we went to a birthday party . . .

And Allie had to go down the slide about 100 times -
with me . . .
with Grandpa . . .
with Aunt Rhonda!

And we witnessed a marriage . . .

Yes, Steve & Rhonda got married!
WOO-HOO!!!
They just had a simple ceremony at our church with family, but
they are planning a wedding in June. We are all excited to be a part of that. It thrills me to see them so happy and in love. :)


We are just so happy for all of them!

And can you believe my nephew is already 2 months old??
Isn't he adorable?? I could eat him up - just precious!


I think these pictures pretty much catches me up through the summer! I'll update later about the first days of school and Labor Day weekend. :)

I can't tell you how excited and touched I am each time I get an e-mail letting me know that another donation has been made. I just can't thank you enough!!! Please don't forget to leave a comment to be entered in the give-away! And new updates will be made under the walk update until Sept. 15th - so be sure to scroll down for new posts.

Have a wonderful week, my friends. It is always great to take a blogging break - but it is so nice to come back and catch up with all of you! :)

Ending with a scripture . . .

"God will bring me by a way I did not know; God will lead me in paths I have not known. He will make darkness light before me,and crooked places straight. God will do these things for me, and not forsake me."
Isaiah 42:16

Following God's lead,

12 comments:

nicrogers said...

Heather, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful family with us. It looks as if you all had a fantastic time together. I always wish I was better at taking pictures when I see yours. Great job! Now I have a question for you...Do you think you will adopt again? I think it is almost time to get Allie and the boys a baby sister!

Marsi said...

I have followed this site for sooo long back to the Jacob days...I still feel like I KNOW your family. Each are so precious in their own little way! We have family moving from Granby,CO to Tampa FL. Can you say culture shock?! They'll be stopping by here (GA) on their way this weekend! They too have adopted (in the states adoption). SO, if I visit Tampa I might just have to come visit the Duckworth family!!!

Sarah said...

Heather... what a wonderful summer you have had! I am glad you took that blogging break to be with your kids!!! My favorite picture is of Allie kissing the frog!!! LOL! Too appropriate!!

Many many hugs to you! I hope the boys are settling back into the school year and you and Allie have some fun mother daughter time!!!

Love, hugs and FROG!!

Sarah

Bobbi said...

What a great post. You all do so much together. It is inspiring.

Congrats to your brother and Rhonda! How great for them. And, the baby is adorable.

So great to see so many pics of the kids together. They certainly look happy at the beach.

A night out? NOw, that, I am jealous of.

Reba said...

What wonderful pictures and what wonderful memories! You have had such special times as a family. I enjoyed all of the pictures. It also made me miss our vacation at the beach. I hope you have a great week!
Reba
PS You inspired me to make a slideshow...we just celebrated Maria's 2nd year home with us.

Anna said...

Hi Heather,
Its wonderful to catch up on all your news and what a great summer you and your family look like you've had.

All those pics are just great!!

And felt challenged when you said how you took a blogging/computer break. It's so easy to spend way too much time on it and its good to be reminded to take breaks.

And wonderful to hear how much money you're raising at the moment for your walk. Really hope it all goes well!

Take care and God Bless,
Anna

Marie said...

Can I be adopted into your family? You have had so much FUN this summer! Wow I wish I could have joined you on all those trips to the beach, theme parks, museums, wedding...too cool!!!

Michelle Littlejohn said...

Hey!!! It's Michelle Ellis! I just donated to TEAM AMAZING JACOB! I wish all the best for you all. We still think about you daily!

Love,
Michelle and Kaytelyn

Karen said...

I LOVE the beach pictures. We try to go to Destin for a week every year. You are lucky to live so close.
Your family is beautiful.Thanks for sharing!
I love all the pictures of beautiful Jacob too. Bless you.

Karen
Mckinney, TX

Jennifer said...

OH what a treat! Enjoyed your posts and all the sweet pics. I like em all, but my fav is the one of Allie and her grandpa! Her expression and grandpa's are just toooo cute! So precious to read about your brother and your new sister-n-law. Pretty neat!

Audra said...

Heather, I Love all the pictures, I Love the new Faithful Froggers header, so many Precious Memories of Sweet Amazing Jacob. Oh how I miss seeing that precious child grow with his brothers.

So glad to see all the wonderful new memories being made by ya'll, you continue to Live and Love life, just like Jacob taught so many of us, I'm sure he is so proud of his family.

Continuing to pray and I'll be making a donation to the PCF soon. thinking of you all and praying everyday.

Much Love,
Audra Deffenbaugh

Dell5 said...

Heather ~ Glad to see you guys had fun on your last days of summer! I love the pic of Grandpa & Allie on the slide....that is priceless!! Hope everyone is enjoying school and mom is enjoying her "Mommy time"!!